October 1, 2014 | 2021 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by keakea

Lemon Juice is AMAZING. I am confused why Paula Begoun downplays this by calling it an irritant and warns people to not use it. Why? Aren't salicylic and glycolic acids also irritants? Yet she raves about their effectiviness! I believe it is because lemon juice is so cheap and so effective that it literally erases the need for more expensive products and why would someone who sells more expensive products really admit that?

Anyway, I have seen more results with my skin using lemon juice than any other product. I just squeeze a lemon into a glass, add a little water and rub it on my face every night as my toner after cleansing then after it dries I apply my other products. I have noticed that this makes my Retin-A seem more effective. You would think it would be irritating to use the two products together but I have been doing so for quite a while now and my skin looks fabulous. I also use a homemade C serum in the morning. Lemons are an excellent addition to a skin care routine.

32 out of 35 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by JessicaCP

WELL.

This has worked on my acne and refined the texture of my skin better than any Vitamin A or alphahydroxy, moisturizer, cleanser, high end, low end, mid end, any end, I have ever used.

I use it as a toner twice a day before I apply my rose hip oil and moisturizer or night cream, and for the first time in 8 years I have nothing on my face but mild scarring, as opposed to fresh pimples every day.

I am hoping continued use will fade my scars.

Pretty annoyed I spent however many tens of thousands of dollars over the years on useless products, but I'm just going to have to get over it.

22 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Sarajaade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

First, I must say that I have the worlds most unfortunate complexion. I am so pale that I rarely find coverup to match my skin, I have red spots and an uneven skin tone, giant, clogged pores, and am extremely prone to breakouts, mostly around my chin. My skin was a mess. After spending a fortune on different acne products, I decided to take a more natural approach to my skin...enter, lemons. After three days of using regular, bottled lemon juice, I literally had NO breakouts, just scars. Every night after I wash my face with a gentle cleanser, I'll soak a cotton pad in lemon juice, then run some tap water over the pad to dilute it a bit, and rub it over my face like a toner. Then I let it dry on my face for about 15 minutes (and it stings like hell for the first few days, that's how you'll know it's working!) and then I put on a gentle, scent free moisturizer (spectro hydracare). Additionally, instead of using a harsh facial scrub, I now just soak a cotton pad in lemon juice, put regular sugar on it, and gently scrub my face. It is the most amazing scrub ever- leave it on for 15 minutes as a mask, and when you rinse it off, your face will be soo amazingly smooth. I've tried hundreds of dollars worth of scrubs, and nothing works like this. The scrub seems to erase my acne scars (that I've had for YEARS) right before my eyes. I can't believe I hadn't discovered this until now. My harsh red scars are now faded to what looks like freckles, my complexion is even, my pores are smaller, and I rarely have breakouts. If you make this a routine, you can have amazing skin for the lowest price possible. Go natural ladies- your skin isn't meant to be soaked in chemicals. The more chemicals you use, the more problems you'll have. Try natural remedies like lemon, honey, olive oil... it's worth it!! :)

38 out of 42 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by josie13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had freckles all my life but whilst they looked cute when I was younger they are unsightly on my older face. I tried rubbing lemon juice on my face a few times but it made my sensitive skin red and blotchy and stung very badly. I now mix a tsp of juice with a tsp of milk and it works much better for me. I leave it on my cleansed face 10 to 15 min and rinse off the moisturise as usual. My skin glows and my freckles are fading. I have taken one lippy off because it is too strong on its own for me.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by curlycolor

This is an addition to a previous post in which I sang the praises of lemon juice as a clarifier for hair.

Now for what it can do for skin. I admit I thought the claims of lemon juice getting rid of acne like magic were hyped. But for days I have had an UGLY, nasty pimple next to my nose. So what the heck, after reading the reviews here, I washed my face last night, and swabbed on some lemon juice with a cotton ball. Yes, it stung a bit, but no big deal. When I got up this morning, that pimple was almost completely dried up and gone. I've used more LJ today and it's practically history. I'm convinced!

19 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by mokonatoki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been reading reviews about using Lemon Juice as a toner and was a little skeptical about the results so I decided to try it out for myself. Lemon Juice is a very inexpensive product. You can find it in any grocery store and in many different sizes (you can buy as much or as little as you want).

For myself, I bought the tiny "Real Lemon Juice" that comes in the shape of a lemon. The first couple of days, I could see myself breaking out but I was determined to power through. Many people had said that the Lemon Juice reduced the amount of impurities they experienced and the lemon juice had essentially cleansed their pores. After a week, I began to see noticeable differences. My skin was brighter and my acne scars were lightened. The lemon juice also made my face smoother and gave it a nice glow.

I would recommend people who have oily/combination skin to give this product a go. For the first while, you will think you're breaking out but that's the lemon juice working through your pores trying to cleanse it. After the impurities have surfaced, the lemon juice does a good job eliminating it and keeping your face clear. I'm not saying you should use this product on its own, nor am I suggesting that Lemon Juice is a miracle, must have product. I just found the lemon juice kept the oiliness under control, it was not over drying and it keeps my face clear.

I use the Lemon Juice at night and in the morning, I use my Biore Triple Cleanse Toner. For both, I pair it with my Clean and Clear dual action moisturizer and Lancome High Resolution Refill 3x eye cream.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Gogogo

I honestly can't say good enough things about lemon juice. So much cheaper and more natural than your usual skincare...being pale, yellow-olive skinned, I've had to learn to live without foundation because there isn't much out there that matches my skin. However, being mixed race I am plagued by hyperpigmentation that remains for months, comedones that make my face feel like Braille, and polarities of oiliness and dryness with my skin that drive me up the wall. What's worse, what worked for my parents doesn't work for me because they had opposite skin issues!

So, after trying retinol, BP, salicylic acid, aspirin masks, oatmeal, honey, eggs, avocado, washing with just water, OCM, clinique, seriously everything with my acne since I was like 10, not a simple regimen of lemon juice swabbed over my face day and night has solved so many of my skin issues. People were even recommending Accutane! (Although my acne is persistent, but not severe).

I began incorporating lemon juice into my routine around the end of February, nearly two months ago. It took a couple weeks to see results but I was motivated by the amount of scunge left on my swab even after double-cleansing my face--clearly there was more left behind than I thought! I have't noticed my face becoming lighter, just more even, healthier skin. The only downside is occasional dryness I face on my cheekbones, but I just spent the last couple days cleansing with Pond's Cold Cream and following with a skin softener I stole from my mom, and it's completely resolved the issue. For the convenience, price, and effectiveness of this treatment, though, it's TOTALLY worth it. I now feel proud of my skin and flaunt it as a good feature when just back in February I had what I fondly call "galaxies" on my face...clusters of dark brown spots I felt like everyone could see from a mile away left by picking and scarring. Now lemon juice dries even my open spots up in only a couple days! I've found even reducing to 1x a day instead of 2x makes my skin begin to break out a bit, assuring me it's in fact the juice that helps. Love!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would definitely buy this again...... well... ofr lemonade but that's it.
The first time I used lemon, it gave me a healthy ootherworldly glow, but it doesnt last very long. The juice instantly tightens your pores makes blemishes lighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by lynnseyerinalexandra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm 17 years old and have had mild acne since I was 13/14. I was/am a picker/popper though, so I have a total of 10 scars scattered all on my skin. I want to wear makeup because these scars make me feel unworthy of being seen in public, but before I wear makeup I'd like to at least try and fix them to the best of my ability-the natural way.
I researched natural remedies...lemon juice was the first thing I saw. I bought a jar of organic lemon juice and I used it before I use my Simple Toner every night/every other night. The first few weeks it DRAMATICALLY lightened my scars, they are much smaller now and are looking more like freckles.
Other natural remedies I use that really have helped my acne and scarring include:
baking soda! Either a mask or just taking a spoonful, mixing with a few drops of water and gently exfoliating the skin every other night and rinsing throughly. Dramatic and instant difference.
apple cider vinegar! It smells SOOOOO darn bad, especially right up on my nose but it works so well. I have to warn you, these acidic products will burn if you have any broken skin but it goes away rather quickly.
1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
some sugar-make it a slough/scrub consistency
1 tsp of honey/agave nectar, but honey if you have it
little bit of cocoa powder-it helps with the texture of your skin (and also takes away the barfy scent of the vinegar!
-Scrub lightly on your skin for about a minute then let it sit for at least 10 minutes, but I go all the way for 30 sometimes. Even 2 minutes is beneficial; results are immediate in regards to texture and brightness, even some lightening of more pale scars.
I definitely reccommend lemon juice; it's more beneficial than you may think! (;

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Happythenjaded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lemon Juice + Honey= AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously.....cannot say enough amazing things!! Makes skin brighter, smoother, gets rid of acne, marks, scars!!

Use a lemon/honey mask at least once a day for at least 30 minutes-- TWICE a day if you have time!!!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No