July 28, 2014 | 1951 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by mokonatoki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been reading reviews about using Lemon Juice as a toner and was a little skeptical about the results so I decided to try it out for myself. Lemon Juice is a very inexpensive product. You can find it in any grocery store and in many different sizes (you can buy as much or as little as you want).

For myself, I bought the tiny "Real Lemon Juice" that comes in the shape of a lemon. The first couple of days, I could see myself breaking out but I was determined to power through. Many people had said that the Lemon Juice reduced the amount of impurities they experienced and the lemon juice had essentially cleansed their pores. After a week, I began to see noticeable differences. My skin was brighter and my acne scars were lightened. The lemon juice also made my face smoother and gave it a nice glow.

I would recommend people who have oily/combination skin to give this product a go. For the first while, you will think you're breaking out but that's the lemon juice working through your pores trying to cleanse it. After the impurities have surfaced, the lemon juice does a good job eliminating it and keeping your face clear. I'm not saying you should use this product on its own, nor am I suggesting that Lemon Juice is a miracle, must have product. I just found the lemon juice kept the oiliness under control, it was not over drying and it keeps my face clear.

I use the Lemon Juice at night and in the morning, I use my Biore Triple Cleanse Toner. For both, I pair it with my Clean and Clear dual action moisturizer and Lancome High Resolution Refill 3x eye cream.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Gogogo

I honestly can't say good enough things about lemon juice. So much cheaper and more natural than your usual skincare...being pale, yellow-olive skinned, I've had to learn to live without foundation because there isn't much out there that matches my skin. However, being mixed race I am plagued by hyperpigmentation that remains for months, comedones that make my face feel like Braille, and polarities of oiliness and dryness with my skin that drive me up the wall. What's worse, what worked for my parents doesn't work for me because they had opposite skin issues!

So, after trying retinol, BP, salicylic acid, aspirin masks, oatmeal, honey, eggs, avocado, washing with just water, OCM, clinique, seriously everything with my acne since I was like 10, not a simple regimen of lemon juice swabbed over my face day and night has solved so many of my skin issues. People were even recommending Accutane! (Although my acne is persistent, but not severe).

I began incorporating lemon juice into my routine around the end of February, nearly two months ago. It took a couple weeks to see results but I was motivated by the amount of scunge left on my swab even after double-cleansing my face--clearly there was more left behind than I thought! I have't noticed my face becoming lighter, just more even, healthier skin. The only downside is occasional dryness I face on my cheekbones, but I just spent the last couple days cleansing with Pond's Cold Cream and following with a skin softener I stole from my mom, and it's completely resolved the issue. For the convenience, price, and effectiveness of this treatment, though, it's TOTALLY worth it. I now feel proud of my skin and flaunt it as a good feature when just back in February I had what I fondly call "galaxies" on my face...clusters of dark brown spots I felt like everyone could see from a mile away left by picking and scarring. Now lemon juice dries even my open spots up in only a couple days! I've found even reducing to 1x a day instead of 2x makes my skin begin to break out a bit, assuring me it's in fact the juice that helps. Love!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would definitely buy this again...... well... ofr lemonade but that's it.
The first time I used lemon, it gave me a healthy ootherworldly glow, but it doesnt last very long. The juice instantly tightens your pores makes blemishes lighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by lynnseyerinalexandra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm 17 years old and have had mild acne since I was 13/14. I was/am a picker/popper though, so I have a total of 10 scars scattered all on my skin. I want to wear makeup because these scars make me feel unworthy of being seen in public, but before I wear makeup I'd like to at least try and fix them to the best of my ability-the natural way.
I researched natural remedies...lemon juice was the first thing I saw. I bought a jar of organic lemon juice and I used it before I use my Simple Toner every night/every other night. The first few weeks it DRAMATICALLY lightened my scars, they are much smaller now and are looking more like freckles.
Other natural remedies I use that really have helped my acne and scarring include:
baking soda! Either a mask or just taking a spoonful, mixing with a few drops of water and gently exfoliating the skin every other night and rinsing throughly. Dramatic and instant difference.
apple cider vinegar! It smells SOOOOO darn bad, especially right up on my nose but it works so well. I have to warn you, these acidic products will burn if you have any broken skin but it goes away rather quickly.
1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
some sugar-make it a slough/scrub consistency
1 tsp of honey/agave nectar, but honey if you have it
little bit of cocoa powder-it helps with the texture of your skin (and also takes away the barfy scent of the vinegar!
-Scrub lightly on your skin for about a minute then let it sit for at least 10 minutes, but I go all the way for 30 sometimes. Even 2 minutes is beneficial; results are immediate in regards to texture and brightness, even some lightening of more pale scars.
I definitely reccommend lemon juice; it's more beneficial than you may think! (;

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Happythenjaded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lemon Juice + Honey= AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously.....cannot say enough amazing things!! Makes skin brighter, smoother, gets rid of acne, marks, scars!!

Use a lemon/honey mask at least once a day for at least 30 minutes-- TWICE a day if you have time!!!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by deniseang

Have used lemon juice for about 2 weeks. It lessened my scars considerably, but it also gave me countless little bumps all over my face. I'm wondering if it's too harsh or if it's the tropical humid weather in my country. Or perhaps it works better for non-asian skins. Anyway I suppose I won't be using this regiment again unless necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by tiggi23

Lemon juice is simply AMAZING! I have had persistent acne since my teenage years and at 24 I have had enough of expensive products that do nothing to help my skin. Whilst my pimples are now slowing down I have scarring on my chin and forehead that will not budge. In search of a natural remedy I stumbled across lemon juice and I am so thankful that I did. I have been using it as a toner at night (50% pure lemon juice/50% water) and also in combination with honey as a face mask.
Within the first few days of using lemon juice my scaring has lightened dramatically, my skin feels smooth and any pimples I did have appear smaller. It had also worked wonders on reducing redness.
At first I did experiencing stinging from the juice because I had some broken skin but that settled ery quickly, and I ensure I use moisturizer with sunscreen day and night to prevent drying and sun damage.
If you uncertain about trying lemon juice, all I can say is DO IT! I can actually now feel ok about my skin when I'm not wearing make up which I haven't been able to do since I was 15, thankyou lemons!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by lawschoolnerd1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Before I started being really careful with my skin, I used this every second or third day (depending on how oily my skin was). I loved the results. My skin was smoother and my pores even looked smaller. I never had any problems with it. I stopped using this in June 2011 on the advice of my dermatologist, who said this is too irritating. It can damage your skin, and since your skin then has to repair itself it can inhibit collagen production. I thought I should let everyone here know this. There are other ways to achieve the same results as lemon juice that are much safer for your skin, such as AHAs and/or BHAs, and you can get your AHAs from a yogurt mask! (see the MUA product review for 'Yogurt Mask' for more information). However you choose to exfoliate your skin, make sure you are wearing sunscreen (even if you are indoors all day) or else you are probably due for some seriously unpleasant skin problems down the road. I will not be repurchasing as I will not be using lemon juice on my skin anymore. The yogurt mask has become my new favorite natural remedy.

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

All I can say is: Waw!
My mother and grandmothers have been using lemon juice for household cleaning but they also said that lemon juice can make your skin whiter, make the freckles fade and if you put few drops of lemon juice in warm water and drink it (right when you wake up and before breakfast, use a straw so that you don't damage your teeth) it can help your digestion and it is good for detox.
WARNING! The following review is based on my own experience. What works for me may not work for you. If you have dry, sensitive skin DON'T use undiluted lemon juice. Dilute it and use every now and then and only on problem areas. You MUST use a very good moisturizer and sunscreen!!! DON'T use it on pimples that you just popped or on any open wound you may have on your face! It stings a lot! I do use it on freshly popped pimples but I am ok with the pain. Not all skins are the same!
About putting lemon juice (I don't dilute it) on MY face:
I have some freckles and I always wanted to try lemon juice to make them fade but now I don't care about them anymore because I have lots of blackheads that I want to get rid of!
I have been using it for a week (I plan to do this for a whole month...if possible) and even though it is too early, I could still say that I have nice results.
I won't use lemon juice on my whole face in the summer (only on pimples or deep blackheads) but for the moment as I stay inside most of the time, I use it on the whole face.
I leave it on the whole day and the whole night. My skin is used with acids so lemon juice doesn't hurt me, it doesn't sting and it is not irritating BUT sometimes though, my skin is tight and bit itchy so I put a rich moisturiser during day time and Clarins lotus oil at night and it is ok for me and my skin is calmed down in an instant.

I used the lemon juice every day and night for a whole week. The results:
-my skin is brighter, smoother, toned, even and my pores are smaller and most of them are clean.
-my scars are fading
- one evening I had a big pimple with yellow puss and I popped it, I put lemon juice on it and the next morning it was flat and I had a tiny dot where I popped it. By evening, after wearing moisturiser during day, it was gone.
- I had another pimple growing close to this one so I kept putting lemon juice on it and in 3-4 days it was gone. It didn't grow, it was less red and after day 1 I popped it. I realised that when you pop it (I don't reccomend this though as it can leave a big, red patch or worse on your face) if I put lemon juice on it, the next day is way better.
- l don't have that many blackheads anymore and last night when I was having a shower, I had a small itch on my skin and when I scratched gently , 2 deep blackheads that I could never get rid of them, came out.
- on my right side of my lower jaw, I have 3 pimples and some scars that been there for some weeks. I didn't care about them, I just let them do their thing, but after using lemon juice, 2 pimples are growing now but the scars are fading. I won't pop these pimples, I will continue using the lemon juice and see what it happens.

Disadvantages:
-I wouldn't use this every day for a long period- only when needed on a pimple or deep blackheads.
- you MUST wear sunscreen if you go out a lot, even if it is winter.

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by jessiejane1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

amazing when you want to fade scarring fast!!

I had acne for years which got really really bad last year, i was left with loads of scarring below my cheeks. Like blotchy red/ bown scars, my skin looked so uneven all over really.

I have tried loads of big brand scar treatments- whitening treatments to even out my skin tone- dermalogica-, dermaquestt etc and nothing works like lemon juice so save your money!

been using lemon juice (from concentrate recently)- only difference is that its less diluted, if you dont want it stronger just dilute it yourself with water as using fresh lemons daily is just anoying and messy for no good reason- i think the concentrated version works more.

After using lemon juice i noticed amazing results in one day, the redness was 60% improved! so after a few weeks you can imagin how amazed i was.
Its far better than the chemical peels i have had in past- most would say this is due to the acid renewing cell turnover- but it cant do that in just one day! - i think its more down to the bleaching effect of the lemon juice- its great for lightening your hair in summer. FYI - it works best in the sun to lighten hair but be careful if its on your face you need a good SPF.

I used it last summer on holiday to lighten my hair (which it did amazingly by the way) and it dripped so much onto my bikini bottoms that they are now 4 shades lighter than the bikini top! hard to imagin that something so simple and gentle is so powerful! i managed to ruin three tops and a pair of sweatpants as well- on clothes lemon juice works like bleach- so much so that i put it in the white wash now!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No