October 2, 2014 | 1011 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have horrible oily eyelids ..... I have experimented with other brands (Too Faced, Nars and Urban Decay) and the only one that did work for me was the Urban Decay primer but then it stopped working. A few months ago, I decided on Painterly (it has a pinkish base) which was recommended to me, and I am pleased so far. My eyeshadow goes on smooth and it does last for most of the day as well as it does not clash with the eyeshadows I normally use. So far so good, and hopefully it continues working, because having oily eyelids sucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by hydra101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like MAC eye shadows so when I was looking for a new colour the SA brought this to my attention. I've tried other primers from EL and Lancome but they didn't work - got chaulky and/or there were still creases in my eye shadow. So I got this and the first time I tried it I didn't like it at all. The shadow I applied was a MAC eye shadow but it wasn't a matte which I usually use. My eye shadow was a mess - looked sloppy and cheap frosty looking - as if I was new at makeup application. Anyway, since then I've used it with Matte eye shadow and one is MAC and I find it works well. It gives a pretty good base coverage and can even use a bit as a concealer along the bottom lash line. I use my finger and you can't be timid - you have to apply generously. I think a brush would not work. But would I buy this again? This will last for awhile so I'll keep my eyes open for a different brand. I'm not sure I would like this in the summer. So at this point I am not faithful to this brand as an eye primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by katie2944

Paint Pot's are a must have in my kit. I personally use Painterly everytime I wear eyeshadow, and I also love to use Groundwork on it's own without any shadow.

I never have a problem with creasing while using this product.
I will always keep these stocked in my kits.

I like to apply this with my fingers rather than a brush, mostly so I can warm the product so it goes on more smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by meghans4295

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my most-used products. It's so affordable overall because it lasts AGES as long as you aren't gobbing it on. My shadow hardly, if ever, creases. It's also a nice, natural color— some days I don't even put shadow on and just apply this to even out my lids for a "natural" look. Would absolutely, 100% recommend! I'm just finishing my first pot after having it about a year (or more) and using it almost daily! I also like how quickly it sets.. You just can't put it on and then come back to blend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Monklin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Fabulous product, great quality, and lasts a long time for the price you pay! I use it as a base for my eye shadow and liner first, then I like to mix my clean eye brush in it then into my eye shadow before applying it on. It helps the color stay more vibrant and opaque. A little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

LOVE this! This is my favorite primer/eyeshadow base. It's creamy, doesn't irritate my eyes and makes my eyeshadow last. It's pretty much the exact color of my skintone, so it blends in beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this. I bought this because I see so many youtube people use it as eye shadow primer and I wanted to give it a go. I love it so much more than urban decay primer potion. This gives me a great base for all eyeshadow looks and looks great on it's own as well for a natural base on your lid. Would repurchase but I don't think I am going to run out any time soon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

I love this paint pot; mostly because it has multiple uses for me. I use this as an eye lid primer pretty much every day and also to prime my under eye circles. This helps cancel out some redness on my lids and darkness under my eyes. It makes applying concealer under my eyes a breeze. It also keeps eye shadow in place all day for me. No creasing or smudging. I have fair-light skin and this doesn't look too pale on me. Perfect. The packaging is so-so since it's a pot so it's not too hygienic, but I still like it. This replaces the eye shadow shade stick in fresh cement that I used to use from mac until they dc'd it:(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by msred2u42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the shade I reach for when I don't know what to dress up my eye's with. It's a beautiful nuetral that can be paired with many differant shades when contouring. I've had mine well over a year and it is still moist and creamy. I hope that Mac doesn't stop making this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by KittyLovesGingers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Whatever would I do without my lovely little paint pot? This is lush. I use it on it's own, applied with my fingers or under All that Glitters or Brulee and maaaayyybe some Woodwinked in the crease...also useful as a highlighter on your cheekbones.