December 18, 2014 | 1086 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this product primarily for a primer. My eyelids are very oily despite the rest of my skin being fairly dry. On my skin, this is far superior to the UD primer, or any other primer I have tried for holding my shadows in place. This stuff enables me to escape some of the dreaded fallout I have with my shimmery and glittery shadows. Sometimes, I wear it alone with just a bit of mascara. I won't ever stop buying this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Anna12345

I bought this after seeing Lisa Eldridge using it several times. As my skin tone is very similar to hers (I'm an NC20), it is a very flattering pink putty colour on me. The texture is soft and creamy but it dries flat very quickly. I have been using it as a base/primer for eyeshadows and glitter. Fine glitter seems to adhere well to this product. On its own, Painterly is not a very exciting colour, so I treat this as a base or a preparatory product rather than a "colour", if that makes sense. It covers darkness and blemishes on the eyelids very well. However, as mentioned before, I would not wear this on its own. I have found that warm neutral or pinky shades of shadow and glitter go very well on top of this colour. There is quite a lot of product in this pot so I don't think I will be buying it again soon. Overall it's a very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shade makes it a great primer for all eyeshadows. It becomes virtually impercetible and adds great longevity to the make up which remains perfect for many hours. No crease no fading. I also own Bare Study which I use if I apply a beige gold eye shadow on top, but Painterly is the perfect choice, totally versatile.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Britt15scr

I love this eyeshadow base! It pretty much matches my skintone and makes my shadow last all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Kori3307

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this paint pot. I have five in total paint pots, and I am not disappointed with any of them! They last literally...FOREVER ! Painterly is a great great great product...I use it as an eye primer...When I do wear eye makeup, I apply this... It makes my eye shadows last all day, creasing never occurs and my eye shadows look more vibrant! Totally recommend this product to anyone who loves working with eye shadows!

- Kori

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

OMG BEST EYE PRIMER EVER, A MUST HAVE PRODUCT FOR ME!!!!!!!! Doesn't make my eyeshadow crease at all,lasts ALL DAY, i paid $38 for this at the mac counter cos mac cosmetics in asia is expensive but i love this so much, i gave up on all my other primers and went with this one, amazing stuff :D i would literally not wear eyeshadow if i didn't have this with me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Kittyvandekamp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using this product because my eye shadow tends to crease and I hate that. So, when one of my friends' make up turned out not to crease, I asked her what product she was using. She uses painterly in combination with Mac eyeshadow. So, I bought the product as well and it does not work properly. My eye shadow still creases while my eye lids are not that oily, so what's wrong?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have horrible oily eyelids ..... I have experimented with other brands (Too Faced, Nars and Urban Decay) and the only one that did work for me was the Urban Decay primer but then it stopped working. A few months ago, I decided on Painterly (it has a pinkish base) which was recommended to me, and I am pleased so far. My eyeshadow goes on smooth and it does last for most of the day as well as it does not clash with the eyeshadows I normally use. So far so good, and hopefully it continues working, because having oily eyelids sucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by hydra101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like MAC eye shadows so when I was looking for a new colour the SA brought this to my attention. I've tried other primers from EL and Lancome but they didn't work - got chaulky and/or there were still creases in my eye shadow. So I got this and the first time I tried it I didn't like it at all. The shadow I applied was a MAC eye shadow but it wasn't a matte which I usually use. My eye shadow was a mess - looked sloppy and cheap frosty looking - as if I was new at makeup application. Anyway, since then I've used it with Matte eye shadow and one is MAC and I find it works well. It gives a pretty good base coverage and can even use a bit as a concealer along the bottom lash line. I use my finger and you can't be timid - you have to apply generously. I think a brush would not work. But would I buy this again? This will last for awhile so I'll keep my eyes open for a different brand. I'm not sure I would like this in the summer. So at this point I am not faithful to this brand as an eye primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by katie2944

Paint Pot's are a must have in my kit. I personally use Painterly everytime I wear eyeshadow, and I also love to use Groundwork on it's own without any shadow.

I never have a problem with creasing while using this product.
I will always keep these stocked in my kits.

I like to apply this with my fingers rather than a brush, mostly so I can warm the product so it goes on more smoothly.