October 24, 2014 | 1953 users online

Hair Styling Tools - GHD - IV Styler (all sizes)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by OutOfLine

This is the mother lord of all hair straighteners.... after using a drugstore hair straightener and simply trying this... you will shell out the 340$ CDN to buy it.
___________________________________________________________
With this hair styler... styler as in it DUSNT ONLY STRAIGHTEN YOUR HAIR!!.... you can give yourself tight curls, curls, straight, crimped, waved, flipped, and volumized hair with this one hair STYLER!
Its all about the technique you use.....
How does this work??
Well because the sides are rounded.... you can create soooooo many styles.
Its kinda like.... how can you curl ribbon with scissors?? Well you use the same technique to curl ribbon as you do with this styler.
___________________________________________________________
I have curly medium length hair... but even when I had long hair it took me 10 minutes to completely straighten my hair and when i'd come back home after school even though I walked to and back from school in foggy or misty weather it would stay pin straight.
This is love I tell you....
___________________________________________________________
I have dropped it.... everyday for the last half year... its still alive and working! But if something were to happen to it... and for a odd reason my ten year warranty didnt pull thru.... I'd buy another!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 9:29:00 AM More reviews by hp20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE GHD
ive had 2 of these babies....and im in love with them, i have to use them everyday, and the styles you can do with them is unbelievable.....i brought the old stylers in 2005 and they broke after 3 years i think i abused them a bit too much :P but then i brought the hot pink ones they were limited edition and cam out 2007/2008 i got them in july 08....they are worth buying, and many people say they are the same as chi in america, i cant live with out mine so yeah go and buy one !!! X

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 3:52:00 AM More reviews by lc4660

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the DARK edition.. i LOVE IT! not only does it look pretty.. it makes my hair amazingly awesome! :) I have a Chi, also adore that, but i love that my GHD comes with a heat-resistant case.. :) but come on.. who the hell is gonna watch the dvd.. ? haha

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by nic_916

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would not buy this product again-- because I would never need to!!! The GHD MK4 is by far the most incredible styling tool I have ever used in my life.

I am a model, and with that comes many trips to the salon for fashion shows and photoshoots. I have had stlyists use a miltitude of appliances on my hair- everything from CHI to Shiseido to Paul Mitchel to freakin' Revlon. The GHD is the only one I fell in love with. This Christmas, my husband purchased the hot pink limited edition MK4 and I am completely enthralled! With it's hear sensors, universal voltage, 30 minute auto-sleep mode- everything about this flat iron is amazing. And to call it a flat iron is a slap in the face! It does sooo much more. I have never created such beautiful waves or curls before.

GHD is what it stands for: Good Hair Day. I know it's quite an investment but it is WORTH it. Your hair will be protected and happy. It WILL BEHAVE! You will slash your styling time (my husband was SO happy to learn this!) and you will never have to buy another curling iron or straightener again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by leahluvspink

i have used these for a good couple of years now after i tried a friends pair on my hair. i went down to my local hairdressers and forked out 110 for the latest mk4. i have tried other straighteners i had ones with glass plates for example and as i have super long hair (which used to be permed) and allot of it, it would take me an hour to blow-dry and then straighten my hair (which is ridiculous). however as soon as i started using these it cut my hair time in half. it takes me 5 mins to straighten (after i blow-dry) a quick run through with these and my hair is smooth, sleek and frizz-less. there is a mega but, this is all well and good having smooth and beautiful hair but let me tell you a few things. the straighteners used to heat upto (im not sure which version this happened with) 230 but then ghd is going to/or has bought the temperature down to 180 and heres the reason...anything passed 180 doesnt actually straighten your hair anymore the only thing it does is damage your hair and make it break. these straighteners smooth down the damaged ends of the hair so it appears to be in great smooth condition but your hair will actually be in very poor condition so heres my advice to you:
blow-drying should be the most important thing you do, get this right and either you wont need to use unnecessary heat or you can just buy cheaper ones.
heat protection spray is an absolute must before you straighten, if you are not using it you deserve to be bald!! i once spoke to a girl in a club- who i didnt know, used them she said that her hair was straight but it was so dry, (and it was like straw) she said she never used a single thing on her hair she just run the straighteners through it. i told her to try ANY heat protection spray even if it was cheap. the next time i saw her she recognised me and said that she got some and it made such a difference to her hair, and it did too, you could tell it was allot softer.
also use some kind of anti frizz spray or serum. then when you have finished straightening, a finishing spray. tony and guy or lee stafford are both great ones.
trust me get the hang of this and you wont need to pay a ridiculous amount for straighteners. if i can do it with thick permed hair anyone can do it!
i have just ordered the new remington shine therapy straighteners, ive heard they are better but you can also control the temperature, as you cannot with the ghd's.
dont get me wrong i do recommend ghd's to anyone but im going to try ones that will not damage my hair.
havnt you wondered why long hair is hard to get and why you dont see it often now-days?? take a guess.
UPDATE:ive changed my mind, i now have the remington shine therapy straighteners and they are loads better than my GHD's so im going to sell them. i dont recommend them anymore as the ones i have now make my hair feel better,and they are better for your hair and they are loads cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Kimmy3Girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I felt incredibly foolish for forking over this much $$ for a hair straightener (even if it is incredibly amazing with smoothing an curls and waves.. and even volume). This is very expensive but also very good ( I would have given it a 5, usually price isn't one of the main 'lippy droppers' but in this case I do think the price ridiculous). I've used 4 straighteners before this 1 and most were ok. Always left a crimp if I wasn't careful and certainly contributed to a lot of split ends and broken hairs. This on the other hand makes my hair soo soft, smooth. lovely. I don't over do it too much because I still want it looking natural but I have had a couple of goes and can get it poker straight all over. Took a few goes to get the curls right and this does it better than the others I have tried. I love this look. Stays in pretty well too.
Sometimes it doesn smooth my hair completely ( like when my hair was screaming for a hair cut but I just didn have the time but that wasn the straightners fault. Was my own. It's like getting angry at your foundation for not smoothing on nicely when you haven't moisurised).
I had forgotten about how $$ this was until I took it to a mates place to get ready for a night out and she was looking at it wide eyed. I think she may have been a little shocked I threw that much into a hair straightener. she used it. loved it. but Hasn bought 1 I don't think, doesn't care THAT much about straight hair haha
I got 2 free little hair spray things with this (not v good quality imo) and and instructional dvd. which was helpful but repetitive. couldn't finish wathing it all.
If this hair straightener breaks I'm not sure if I would repurchase... prob would...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by sarahkkelleher

I love this product. Straightens my naturally thick curly hair in under 15 minutes making it silky,thin and straight. Ive tried cheaper version but they are never the same.This is my second iron only because i stood on my first one ooops! but i would buy another one if something happens to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by ladeerose

GHD- what can i say, i had heard aout these for a very long time about how excellent they were and how i wanted to buy these. when me and my sister finally saved up and brought it i was preasently suprised, these ar great if you like to have a variety of haistyles. although curling your hair can be difficult at first, you do get the hang of it, also the curls do last a lot longer with these than with a curler as i have very straight hair which goes flat within minutes of curling it. Overall great product but is quite expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by sephoraqueen

I finally saved up enough money to buy this thing. I bought mine at Sephora's, but was able to get $100 off because of my credit card allowed me to redeem "points" and I got a gift card for Sephoras. Nice! Anyway, the first time I tried this thing I was very, very disapointed. I nearly cried. I felt so dumb! My hair looked terrible.
Why? You ask?
Here's what I did; (first let me say I am mixed, I have 3b sholders past the sholders 3b curly FINE hair; and lots of it) I rushed home with my box, plugged it in, brushed out a section, and started straightening.
No washing of the hair, tons of heat protectant, etc.
It was horrible.

So, when I got home, I watched the instructional DVD, and decided to try again. It had been about a month since I had last tried. Since then I had just started using the Wen haircare system (great stuff). . This time I washed my hair, put a dollop of the Wen styling cream, sprayed in SOME heat protectant, blow dried my hair with a round brush, and THEN started straightening.
WOW!!
What a difference!! I had soft, shiny hair with body, and movement!! I love this straightener!!
I would highly reccomend it. I understand that the price is a bit silly. So, find someone who has a beauty license, and see if they can hook you up. seriously.

PS
REMEMBER, ALWAYS WASH AND BLOW DRY BEFORE you start to straighten!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2008 7:17:00 AM More reviews by shewasthesun

This iron was a massive trend at my high school for a very long time, and so was super straight and thin hair. Being a teenager I lusted to be 'in' with my friends, so I went about looking for THE hair straightener that would work as well as the ghd's. The price was the only downfall, and the availability of only being able to buy them in salons.

My hair is quite thick and at the time, very long. I tried a lot of irons, with no such luck. I found that I had to hold the plates on my hair for a very long time, or run through at least five times to get decent straightness.

About a year or so later, my parents bought me the thin ghd's and I nearly cried with excitement. I tried them out straight away, and needless to say I was incredibly impressed! They gave that poker straight hair that I wanted and didn't dry my hair or burn it.
It's three years later and I still have the very same ghd's. I no longer desire the straight look, but I can just turn them on, seperate my hair and start straightening, the warm up time is very good and I love the flashing light. I just run these through my hair quickly and they make my hair very much less of a mess, and I'm ready to go.

They're also very good for making curls. It took me a year to figure out how to do it, but once I did the curls were fabulous. However, you definitely need to just sit down and play around with the different positioning of the ghd's to get the curl you want.

In summary, I love these, and dread the day they eventually do hit the dust.