July 29, 2014 | 1111 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 6:04:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG pressed powder. I'm currently nc25 and I use the shade "beige". The next shade "honey" only works when i'm nc30-35. I have oily skin and this powder keeps my oils in check throughout the day! Doesn't look Cakey and blends in well. I use my elf flat top studio powder brush to apply to my t-zone after applying my liquid foundation. Def would repurchase! :)

Edit (6/13/13):
I still love this powder but I feel rimmel's stay matte powder does a better job at oil control!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by nomoreagingforme

This is an excellent powder for a drugstore! The tiny bit of coverage it gives you has a great finish. I honestly prefer Mac powder better but this is a lot cheaper which is a bonus.

This powder helps prevent smudging in other applicatiions. I would recommend it definitely if you are looking for an easy makeup that applies well without any problems and prevents smudging for other makeups.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by fishiebubble

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pretty happy with this actually, I'd previously been using the NYC translucent powder but it leaves a white sheen across my face and doesn’t actually seem to keep the shine at bay. This stuff however, I've got no white sheen and no oily face!

I'm happy that I can now use up the rest of my incredibly expensive foundation which I had been thinking was a dud because it left me too shiny faced, but now, I can just dust some of the Dream Matte Powder over to correct the problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by TitaniumRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Controls my oil, and doesn't make my face breakout, look ashy, etc. My HG powder atm.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this I put it over my Sonia kashuk tinted moisturizer and it keeps the oil away and gives me a Glow

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by missdiordior

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The worst powder ever! I have combination skin with dry T zone. It only dries my skin even more and highlights my flakes. It was bought before my wedding and I regreted immediately. I'd say, ladies, if you have very dry skin, DO NOT even consider about this powder. I would never buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by jun109

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my go-to powder whenever i use BB cream / liquid foundation / over any sunblock to take away any shine/ stickiness. even for BB cream with the lousiest oil control, i can just powder this on and my base makeup will last whole day (usually from 8am-10pm) with just some blotting. it's finely milled powder with light coverage and fantastic for oily skin / t zone.

I'm pretty neutral on the packaging although the swivel design can be less confusing but i love that it separates the puff and powder and therefore great for travelling / touching up.

the only thing that can be bad for this powder is the lack of SPF and that it's not available in Singapore.

for reference, i am a NC15-20 and uses Light4-5, cream shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by SashaMclean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has always worked well, I have used it for about a year. It provides the very light coverage I need and combats shine. I found it to work better than the laura mercier smooth focus setting powder which costs quite a bit more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by bluebelleyes

I have combination oily skin, that has been covered (literally, covered) in acne for three years. I have tried every setting powder I could get my hands on to control the oil, until finally I discovered this powder. It was love at first sight. :D Because of the acne, I use a very heavy coverage of foundation, which feels awful, and looks awful UNTIL I apply this powder. :) Even after using it for a year and a half now, I'm always amazed at the difference it makes. Shrinks pores, sets makeup flawlessly, makes acne appear smaller and flattened, looks natural, and non-powdery, doesn't accentuate the fine hairs on the face, has a wonderful lasting powder, doesn't cake up, has lovely packaging that has never malfunctioned, doesn't increase my breakouts, the mirror stays clean because it's twist out, it's just amazing ! I use the lightest on my T-zone, and the medium shade on my cheekbones and temples. As I reapply during the day, it gradually contours my face, which is lovely, because I haven't been able to use bronzer, blush, or highlighter in a long time since it just accentuates the acne on my cheeks...anyway, here's the best part of the whole thing...I CAN FINALLY SAY I HAVE AN HG PRODUCT!! :):):) I recommend it to all my friends, and it has become their HG powders as well. :) The only downside is that it's often hard in the lightest color because it's sold out. Because it's so awesome, everyone buys it. It's around 13$ here, but if you think that's a little high, wait till you try it. It's worth it. It's just great. Go try it. That's all.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by DimpleBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have just begun wearing make-up. My skin is very dry and I thought of giving this powder a try, but it did not suit me. My face looked powdery..and it actually stripped off all the moisture from my skin (I wore it above the foundation)..overall, I did not like the product..I will return it..Any suggestions on good loose or pressed powder for dry skin is welcome..I want my face to look natural and not cakey..