September 3, 2014 | 1095 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

I am on my 3rd compact of this. I was previously breaking out from every other powder or mineral makeup I tried. I gave this a go because it doesn't have Bismulth Oxychloride or Boron Nitride in it. Those 2 definitely break me out. I was pleasantly surprised at the colour match, I've tried in a few shades to match seasonal colour.changes. It is mattifying, though coverage is not heavy. I use this over a bit of concealer or my Vichy Tient. I can pretty much call this HG. The odd packaging is a bit awkward but I can forgive as I love this. I use a kabuki anyhow. I will be so sad if they D/C this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by XenaNg

I have been using this powder since it first came out. I've been bouncing back and forth from Cream to Sand. I love how smooth the powder is! It controls my oil for 4-5 hours even in the humidity of Florida. The coverage is sheer, so it's best to use it as a setting powder rather than by itself. It has never broken me out and is great for when I've gotten too heavy-handed with my blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by PrincessMikki

I have normal to combination skin for reference. I am also a MAC NC30
I love this powder so much. I normally will apply my liquid foundation, and use a big brush (Sigma F30) to set it. This gives such an airbrushed, matte (non-cakey) look. I also keep it in my purse to touch up. I don't even need blotting papers. This isn't a powder foundation, so don't expect this to add coverage. This is very similar to MACs MSFN. You really won't regret buying this. I reccomend it to everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by bamnramn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Other Eyes: Blue

Potentially good product. Good colour range, Good ingredients, gives nice matte finish. Doesnt stay matte though. After about an hour oil breaks through and turns your face into an oily mess, and it just looks gross. Coverage is reasonable.

Probably reccomend for dry skinned people who like a matte finish.

Price is ok, it was $20 Australian, The packageing is hell tacky, but who really cares about that.

Overall wouldnt re-purchase. Just doesnt keep me matte.

Not really a whole lot to say about this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 6:04:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG pressed powder. I'm currently nc25 and I use the shade "beige". The next shade "honey" only works when i'm nc30-35. I have oily skin and this powder keeps my oils in check throughout the day! Doesn't look Cakey and blends in well. I use my elf flat top studio powder brush to apply to my t-zone after applying my liquid foundation. Def would repurchase! :)

Edit (6/13/13):
I still love this powder but I feel rimmel's stay matte powder does a better job at oil control!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by nomoreagingforme

This is an excellent powder for a drugstore! The tiny bit of coverage it gives you has a great finish. I honestly prefer Mac powder better but this is a lot cheaper which is a bonus.

This powder helps prevent smudging in other applicatiions. I would recommend it definitely if you are looking for an easy makeup that applies well without any problems and prevents smudging for other makeups.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by fishiebubble

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pretty happy with this actually, I'd previously been using the NYC translucent powder but it leaves a white sheen across my face and doesn’t actually seem to keep the shine at bay. This stuff however, I've got no white sheen and no oily face!

I'm happy that I can now use up the rest of my incredibly expensive foundation which I had been thinking was a dud because it left me too shiny faced, but now, I can just dust some of the Dream Matte Powder over to correct the problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by TitaniumRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Controls my oil, and doesn't make my face breakout, look ashy, etc. My HG powder atm.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this I put it over my Sonia kashuk tinted moisturizer and it keeps the oil away and gives me a Glow

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by missdiordior

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The worst powder ever! I have combination skin with dry T zone. It only dries my skin even more and highlights my flakes. It was bought before my wedding and I regreted immediately. I'd say, ladies, if you have very dry skin, DO NOT even consider about this powder. I would never buy it again.