Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

4.3

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.25%) (Skin Protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Sodium Chloride, Water

on 4/12/2012 8:59:00 AM

I am an excessive hand washer. I literally wash my hands all the time, after anything I touch. Unfortunately all of that hand washing causes my hands to become very dry(no matter what soap I use) & sometimes my skin cracks and bleeds(fun!). I recently purchased the travel size of this to throw in my purse and to use while I'm at work or out. I absolutely love it. I love that it's fragrance free, although I do like some scents sometimes it can be a little too much. This literally sunk right into my skin and moisturized it immediately. It barely took any rubbing in. The main thing that I love about this & this is a VERY important factor to me, is that is did not leave a greasy look/feel. I've been through so many lotions and that is one of the mains reasons I end up tossing them. I can not stand lotion that leaves grease!!! This one does not do that at all. I'm going to stick to this moisturizer. I plan on buying a bigger size to leave on my desk at work and will continue keeping a travel size in my purse. As of right now I don't see myself using anything else for my hands.

on 4/12/2012 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This lotion is fragrance free and absorbs quickly. I didn't find it that moisturising to my dry face in winter when I used it, then I checked the ingredients and read that the active ingredient is Dimethicone. There is something about Dimethicone in skin care products that really irks me, it makes me sticky/itchy and is really not something I wish to put on my face.

on 4/8/2012 8:33:00 PM

This is just a basic moisturizer, and although it seems its natural with its "oatmeal", it does contain some questionable ingredients. For me, this moisturizes a bit, but nothing too amazing. If I put it on my face, it doesnt get rid of flakies and makes me feel kinda oily and tacky actually...The last thing that made me never want to purchase this ever again was the fact that I found out Aveeno tests on animals, just like all Johnson & Johnson products (Aveeno is owned by J&J) :(

Im happy it worked for so many, but there are lots of cruelty-free options that work just as well if not better. My everyday go-to option atm for moisturizing is organic coconut oil. I have combo oily/dry skin and i was worried it would make me break out and oily, but it absorbs into my skin in a few minutes (:

This is my HG face lotion. I react to cetaphil, cerave, etc, and all the common recommendations for sensitive skin but this stuff is PERFECT. I attribute its goodness to the short ingredient list.

on 4/8/2012 3:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I used this cream everyday on my legs and my elbow . It's work very well never had a problem but if you put to much cream it stay greasy and it take a long time for my skin to absorb it . But I really like the feel that it stay for a long time and the feel that its on my skin ( a lot of people don't like it but anyway i like it ) . The only problem with this its when you don't use its ( for like 3 years ) I see that my skin turn super dry and i don't have a dry skin . But when I re-applied the cream everything its okay . I recomend this product for a veryday use and for the legs not for the arms and everything to greasy if your skin don,t absorbt it quickly .

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I like this lotion alot. It mositurizes my skin really well.
-It moisturizes for 24 hours:i dont know if it really does but when i put it on at night my face is still smooth by the morning even afternoon.
-fragance free:i have sensitive skin and ezcema so anything my skin doesnt like,including smells, it can trigger a bad reaction
-Smooths skin
The thing i dont like about this is the tight feeling it leaves afterward.
My mom paid for this when it was at a lower price but it is available at walmart for less than $7 which is kinda pricey for me. but it works good.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i LOVE this lotion! i have suffer frim dry skin and EXTREMLEY dry skin in the winter and this is one of the only drugstore products that actually works for me. It also keeps my eczma away. sometimes ill have to apply it durring the middle of the day if its super cold and dry out. oh, and i think its a little pricey for being sold at walmart.

on 3/31/2012 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Love the travel one for keeping in my purse. I tried a few other brands as handcreams but I would reapply every hour or so (I'm looking at you Vaseline!). Aveeno was a risk I took and I'm glad I did because it's the only handcream I've used for the past 2 years or so. I only have to reapply after washing my hands. Absorbs quickly. Hands are instantly visibly smooth. Leaves no residue and doesn't need reapplication till washed off.

on 3/31/2012 11:35:00 PM

Gives just enough moisture. I apply it right when i get out of the shower and my skin absorbs it so it leaves a nice light weight feeling.

on 3/28/2012 5:46:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This lotion is my ultimate HG of all time, I've never been so happy with any other product in my life. I will never look for another body lotion again, hahaha.
It keeps my skin baby smooth, I apply this everyday after my shower and this keeps my skin smooth all night/day!!! Once it absorbs into your skin it's not greasy at all. It's also scentless.

I don't know what else to say, but just buy a bottle and try it... you probably won't regret it!