November 26, 2014 | 1676 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #129 Powder/Blush Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

I really like this brush, but over some years the bristles got really hard and start to poke my face. Now it's just sitting in one of my brush cases clean and barely used because it hurts my face. I might just have to get a new one and start fresh. It's not my fave blush brush, but it's still really great the the size is great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 2:12:00 PM More reviews by itsgail

I very nearly put this up for swap as I didn't really like it for blusher. I have bought the eye-wateringly expensive Guerlain blusher brush (which so far is amazing).
I say "so far" because as others have mentioned, this MAC brush has gone really rough...I just hope that won't happen to my beautiful Guerlain blusher brush!
But back to this 129 -- It's upsetting enough that the numbers wear off in no time without the need for it then to go all rough. I actually went back to MAC to ask if it was faulty as it was sooo scratchy, but they said no, it's just you're getting used to your 187 and nothing feels soft after that haha. Well who knows, maybe that is true? In any case as I said I wasn't liking this as a blusher brush anyway, too big. But then I tried it as a powder brush for my Blot powder and it's quite good for that.
Not an essential brush but nice quality apart from the scatchiness there isn't much fallout at all and MAC brushes are definitely among the best out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2008 12:49:00 AM More reviews by laughing

Great brush!! Like all MAC brushes, it is very high quality and is all-around fab. It picks up a nice amount of color and deposits it equally and blends nicely. It is verrryy soft, and a good size I think. The 116 was just too small for me. The tip is tapered to a nice rounded shape, and you can use the smaller tip to place a highlight along cheekbones. I use this for blush and sometimes powder. Only problem: the price!! Seriously, I LOVE MAC, but will never buy any brushes more expensive than this one, $35 for a brush is already too much for me. At least I get a lot of use out of it, I use this brush every day!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

When I first got this brush it was soft, after a while it just got too rough. I do take care of my brushes but this one just sucked. It also grabbed too much colour for my liking. I prefer my Sephora 49 slanted blush brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wonderful brush; almost worth the price. I'm sorry, I just believe that $34 for a makeup brush is a bit too much. It's one of the few MAC brushes I own and like the rest of them, it's well put-together, very sturdy, and very, very soft. I love using it. There is, however, some bristle-fallout, which I don't like at all. It's terrible getting into the car; checking my makeup, and then picking short black bristles off my face. (it doesn't happen all the time, however.) I use this mainly for highlighters and darker bronzing agents; works wonderfully.

I won't be repurchasing; maybe this expensive brush will last a while. I've got E.L.F.'s Total Face Brush that works just as well...and for the price of this one, I could buy 34 E.L.F. brushes. (And they offer more coverage, though not quite as sturdy and soft.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2008 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Excellent brush, this is great for bronzer or blush. Not so good for powder foundation, because the head of this brush is smaller than what I prefer for powder foundations, kabukis are my fave. This is a great blush brush for that natural wash of blush on your cheeks---when you want to apply that 'glow' of blush. This is not the blush brush to go for if you want the 80's style defined blush stripe line or for contouring--for that, I think the 168 is far better. Price is a bit steep at almost $40 for a brush, but a MAC brush will last you years.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Utepchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only blush brush that I own but I think it's all I need. It is very soft and it places the blush just where I want it. I also use it to apply tan pigment as a highlight just above my cheek. I love this brush and I recommend it to anyone who need a basic blush brush that works just as it's supposed to. I have had mine for about 3 months and I use it everyday. It was definetly worth the $34.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Iíve been using my #129 brush for hmm.. 3 years now and itís still very soft and in great condition. This was actually the first MAC brush I ever bought. I have one long handle and two short handle for my purse/travel. When I bought this, I was hesitant at buying MAC brushes because of the prices, so I wanted something versatile that I would be using everyday and that would last for years. #129 fulfilled all of my expectations. Even though my collection of makeup brushes has expanded greatly, I still reach for this brush everyday. Itís my go-to brush for pressed powder and blush. I prefer this size of brush for powder than the really large ones. For blush, itís pretty much perfect for most types of blush, except for those that are highly pigmented (ex. Desire by NARS), then I use my #187. But for most pressed powers I prefer the #129 because it deposits more colour where I need it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by one

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Divine. Soft, full perfect for blush application. Buy this one if you can. You will not regret it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by pvchica

I ended up taking this back, only because of the price.. I figure I could find something that could work like this for a bit cheaper. It IS a nice brush though, for blush and cheek products only. My MA recommended it to me for using Studio Fix powder as foundation - eek! Not so good.