April 19, 2014 | 1525 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #129 Powder/Blush Brush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

When I first got this brush it was soft, after a while it just got too rough. I do take care of my brushes but this one just sucked. It also grabbed too much colour for my liking. I prefer my Sephora 49 slanted blush brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wonderful brush; almost worth the price. I'm sorry, I just believe that $34 for a makeup brush is a bit too much. It's one of the few MAC brushes I own and like the rest of them, it's well put-together, very sturdy, and very, very soft. I love using it. There is, however, some bristle-fallout, which I don't like at all. It's terrible getting into the car; checking my makeup, and then picking short black bristles off my face. (it doesn't happen all the time, however.) I use this mainly for highlighters and darker bronzing agents; works wonderfully.

I won't be repurchasing; maybe this expensive brush will last a while. I've got E.L.F.'s Total Face Brush that works just as well...and for the price of this one, I could buy 34 E.L.F. brushes. (And they offer more coverage, though not quite as sturdy and soft.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2008 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent brush, this is great for bronzer or blush. Not so good for powder foundation, because the head of this brush is smaller than what I prefer for powder foundations, kabukis are my fave. This is a great blush brush for that natural wash of blush on your cheeks---when you want to apply that 'glow' of blush. This is not the blush brush to go for if you want the 80's style defined blush stripe line or for contouring--for that, I think the 168 is far better. Price is a bit steep at almost $40 for a brush, but a MAC brush will last you years.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Utepchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only blush brush that I own but I think it's all I need. It is very soft and it places the blush just where I want it. I also use it to apply tan pigment as a highlight just above my cheek. I love this brush and I recommend it to anyone who need a basic blush brush that works just as it's supposed to. I have had mine for about 3 months and I use it everyday. It was definetly worth the $34.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Iíve been using my #129 brush for hmm.. 3 years now and itís still very soft and in great condition. This was actually the first MAC brush I ever bought. I have one long handle and two short handle for my purse/travel. When I bought this, I was hesitant at buying MAC brushes because of the prices, so I wanted something versatile that I would be using everyday and that would last for years. #129 fulfilled all of my expectations. Even though my collection of makeup brushes has expanded greatly, I still reach for this brush everyday. Itís my go-to brush for pressed powder and blush. I prefer this size of brush for powder than the really large ones. For blush, itís pretty much perfect for most types of blush, except for those that are highly pigmented (ex. Desire by NARS), then I use my #187. But for most pressed powers I prefer the #129 because it deposits more colour where I need it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by one

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Divine. Soft, full perfect for blush application. Buy this one if you can. You will not regret it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by pvchica

I ended up taking this back, only because of the price.. I figure I could find something that could work like this for a bit cheaper. It IS a nice brush though, for blush and cheek products only. My MA recommended it to me for using Studio Fix powder as foundation - eek! Not so good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 8:09:00 PM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went in to MAC to replace my #150 powder brush and decided to try this one instead. It is now a firm favourite. It's considerably smaller than 150, but the size of this one gives me more control and lets me pat powder on much more firmly, helping to eliminate the powdery/chalky look. Previously I would run a powder puff over my face after applying powder with a brush to achieve this same result. I've noticed a big difference in particular with Studio Fix which always left a powdery residue on my face. Using 129 has taken this step out of my routine. It also glides over the face very nicely - the length of the bristles and size of the head are perfect. Not really good for the decolletage, but I have my 150 for this. I haven't used it for blush, but believe it would work reasonably well. NARS #6 is my HG for blush, so I use 129 for pressed powder only. Agree with a reviewer below that it is too dense for loose powder, unless you're using it to dust the powder very lightly over the face.

To my disappointment, it has been shedding quite a bit - maybe 5-10 hairs every time I use it. For that, I take off one lipstick, otherwise I would have rated it 5 without hesitation. I'm hoping that this will abate once I have used it for a few more weeks and given it a few washes...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Jadekisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This isnt a bad brush. I just cant justify spending $70AUD on something that isnt amazing. Its a good powder brush, but i always kind of think i could have gotten a nice powder brush cheaper...
oh well now that i have it i appreciate it!
but i do find it a bit large to do blush unless im careful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by PinkFix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A MAC artist recommended this brush to me and I originally thought it was too small since I've always used a big oversized blush brush. But this brush is great! It gives me cheek color exactly where I want it and it's so incredibly soft on my skin. It also deposits product very pigmented. With my previous blush brush, the product came out dull and flat. With this brush, the product looks just like it does in the pan. It's really nice to now be able to do a light pink cheek or a darker more bronzed cheek and actually SEE the color. Great tool.