Kerastase Ciment Thermique

4.4

Water, cyclopentasiloxane, propylene glycol, dimethiconol, triethanolamine, PEG/PPG-17/18 dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, carbomer, behentrimonium chloride, polyquaternium-4, potato starch modified, hydroxylpropyl guar, methylparaben, limonene, amodimethicone, cetyl alcohol, quaternium-33, trideceth-6, methosulfate, quaternium-33, trideceth-6, 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, geraniol, linalool, cetrimonium chloride, citral, parfum/fragrance

on 3/30/2009 8:07:00 PM

Been using this for a little over a week now. Haven't noticed a build-up like other reviewers have, but haven't noticed anything better about my hair either.

I have color-treated, very straight, oily-at-roots dry-at-ends, thick-strend hair. I rub in the recommended quantity after a shower and blow dry per usual but i feel it's been more difficult to style and a little more on the oily side.

I got it because my hair felt super dry after my usual root-color touch up. I love the smell and i'm a sucker for nice scented hair products so i'll finish the rest of it, but Freddrick Fekkai's Glossing Cream with Olive Oil does a better job and just as wonderful a scent. Plus it's cheaper!

I am in love with Ciment Thermique. I have fine hair( but lots of it) that I have been dying and highlighting for years. And now I have started blow drying and straightening it too. I read about this in a magazine and finally found a salon that carries this near me.I used it like the instructions say and AMAZING!!! My hear was so soft and staright and not greasy (yes! finally!). I had also read that you should not use it more then 5x's. Not true . I wrote to Kerastase and they said that it stays put through 5 shampoos but you can use as many x's as you want.Hurrah Ciment Thermique!!!

on 3/21/2009 12:26:00 AM

LOVE this!! I have fine, dry, damaged hair that has been ravaged by daily heat styling. I wanted a no-nonsense heat protectant that would protect my hair while blowdrying and straightening, and the reviews and boards said this was the best. I definitely balked at the price tag (almost $35, I believe), but gave in because I wanted the best. And it IS the best. Not only do I feel like it protects my hair, but it made my hair look and feel healthier and more voluminous than it has in years. This is a new staple, regardless of the price tag.

on 3/19/2009 12:46:00 PM

O.M.G I cannot rave enough about this stuff!!!! I stalked the reviews for a couple of months before finally caving. This is what I've always looked for in a hair product. I have long, thin but full hair that I blow dry and flat iron 3-4x/week. I honestly wasn't expecting such amazing results. I read the instructions carefully and washed & conditioned my hair. I towel dried for about a min, just so my hair wasn't dripping wet, but still wet (if that makes any sense?). Then I applied a quarter sized amount working my way up from my tips to about 2 inches from my scalp. I worked it in with my fingers then combed my hair using a wide tooth comb. Then I immediately blow dried my hair. Which only takes about 5 min now. When before, it took about 15 min just to dry it. After drying I flat iron my hair, still using my CHI Iron Guard as extra heat protection. The results are AMAZING. My hair is smooth, frizz free, healthy, MOVIE STAR hair!! And the best thing is I don't have to reapply after every hair wash. The instructions say only to use every 5 days. And somehow, this works! It is pricey but worth every penny. And I suspect it will last a while since I'll only be using it once a week.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love, love, LOVE this! I have extremely dry frizzy shapeless hair that I straighten regularly, and I have tried hundreds of useless products that only made my hair frustration worse. My bad hair always won. Until I found this baby! I use it once or twice a week, and it leaves my hair super soft and shiny. It has also cut my hair straightening time to half what it used to be. I mix a dollop of Ciment Thermique with a little bit of frizz serum and then dry and straighten my hair. My hair has never looked or felt healthier!!

on 3/11/2009 2:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

i think i paid about $40-50 ish CDN for this small tube at holt renfrew's salon. I litterally went around everywhere to find this. I don't know what the heck is in this stuff but its amazing! According to the directions manual, you're suppose shampoo, don't condition, then towel dry, and then apply a generous walnut size amount mid-hair to ends. I was seriously reconsidering whether it was gonna work because my hair felt like crap because i didn't condition my hair. So after working in the product and blow drying, i used a wide comb brush and OMG. My hair look...fabulous! No frizzies, soft and smelled wonderful. I didn't even use my flat iron, my hair just fell into the perfect place. My hair is thick coarse, damaged by coloring and constantly using heat tools. I am a hard girl to please and i have pretty high standards for most products. This was well worth my money and i will repurchase! Although the tube is small it's worth every penny. One more thing, the scent is beautiful, to me...it was like a citrus-y...fresh peach blend? whatever it is..it smells lovely :)

on 2/10/2009 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

WOW!!! This stuff is amazing!! Makes my dry and color treated hair SHINE. It makes my hair soft and bouncy. It is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE but nothing has made my hair look this healthy ever!! GREAT PRODUCT!

on 2/8/2009 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I live in a tropical island, the Mecca of humidity. I put just a tiny bit (dime size) on my chin length hair. I let it air dry and then I flat iron it. The hair looks AMAZING. Shiny/glossy, it's super soft, bouncy. It takes your regular ironing and takes it to the next level. It's pricey, but if it works, then I will scarify. Besides, I use so little of it that it will last.

Question though, is it true that you only put this on once every 5 washes?

on 2/7/2009 2:41:00 AM

I almost put this up for swap after 2 uses. Then I came back & read reviews. Wow!! I love it !!! I used walnut size for my long hair- while my hair was in towel 5 minutes. What a difference:). Thank you Reneerene for hints!!!! Will definitely buy again!!!!!

on 2/2/2009 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have fine relaxed AA 4a, 4b hair that tends toward the dry side.

I'd been using this for weeks on my hair before a roller set and then going to sit under a hooded dryer. No noticeable difference.

Washed my hair with Keracare Hydrating Detangling, conditioned with Kerastase Masquintense and then put this stuff in my hair as a leave in.

I proceeded to blow dry with with my Elchim 2001 (which is amazingly powerful and makes a huge difference where frizz free hair is concerned). Hair was definitely sleeker than I can normally get it by myself.

But heres where the real MAGIC happened when I turned my FHI to 370 degrees and flat ironed 2 inch section!!!

AMAZING!!!!

Hair instantly got sleek with and high shine to it.

Unfortunately this seemed to be gone the next day thanks to the Miami humidity. Will experiment with this again. Beats the hell out of Revlon heatglide.

It's the texture of a watery lotion, kinda like a milky cream. It protects when you heat style and smells subtley fresh. Very citrusy, nutty.

Very light. Does not weigh hair down at all.

Highly recommend.....Now if only I could make the effects last.

Update- All I need to do is follow up with a serum and I've achieved the shiniest silkiest quality of hair.....I never knew it could be like this. If I were on a crashing plane Id 1. Curse my mother for mever giving me swim lessons. 2. Grab a life jacket and 3. Grab ciment thermique.

I'LL NEVER BE WITHOUT IT AGAIN.

Top Rated Kerastase Products