August 29, 2014 | 1176 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Les281

UPDATE: from reading other reviewers I think this was causing me to breakout horribly around my cheeks. Discontinued using.
I was using BE matte for a bit I stopped b/c i was convinced no mineral foundation can give me the coverage I like which is med-full coverage. This is buildable!! I always love sharing how I apply it. I use my sephora mineral powder brush #45 & i saw a youtube guru give a tip of how to apply mineral foundation. I dampen my brush w/ water (i have a spray bottle) and swril my brush on the lid and tap off the excess and dab it on my face then swirl. I finish it off w/ my elf makeup mist & set and that helps control the shine and make your skin look like your not wearing any makeup. The finish is gorgeous! One word Luminous. My oil still peeps through late in the day but its definetly controlled. Will repurchase!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by luvsick99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Much better than BE, which I used for many years. Powder blends well, it's almost creamy, light but buildable coverage. Not much for color selection, tho I was lucky to match to Tender Rose.. which does NOT coordinate w/the pressed compact named Tender Rose, or any other for that matter, infortunately. I used for a while, got bored, sought something better, only to come back & realize how wonderful it is! I use w/LM finishing power & it's a great match. I have oily skin.. it doesn't really dimish it (maybe a bit?) but certainly doesn't add to it. Quite frankly, nothing really diminshes my oily skin.. I just blot mid-day w/rice paper & add more finishing power. I generally don't need to add more mineral power foundation throughout the day..unless I go into evening & need a re-fresher. I don't think it does much for pore minimization. Tho I believe that's what primers for. (Better than BE) Travel-friendly spill-proof container. Could be less expensive, tho it doesn't break the bank. All around pretty good & I havent found better yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by jiji69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have soft porcelain color, used almost a half of it. totally love it. But here in Florida, I m keep getting tan. Soft porcelain is too light for me now.
Anybody want to exchange her color with me?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by MsBrightside18

This is a pretty good mineral foundation. If you have the money (about £32) then it's worth trying. This was the first mineral powder i've tried and after taking a few weeks to get used to it, I began noticing that my skin was improving and now I love this product. I only gave it 4/5 because I have very oily skin so after a while I look greasy and I'm not too keen on the sparkles in it either...and the price is very very high. But definitely worth a try. Would I repurchase? Yes...but first I'm going to dip my toe into other slighly less costly mineral make up brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by kimberniki

I really like this loose mineral powder- I'm on my second container... This is one of the few powders I have found that matches my skin tone well- Tender Rose... I am fair with pink undertones. It's difficult to find a match as most companies seem to have more yellow-y tones; which look horrible on me. My main skin concern is congestion- so I've been pleased to find that this product does not clog my pores or cause breakouts. I wanted better coverage from the product and was pleased to find a SA at Sephora who turned me on to their mineral makeup brush. Being a skeptic, I thought, how is this brush gonna do a better job that the one I had been using from Bare Minerals (kabuki). The Sephora brush made all the difference- gave me better coverage and a more polished look. I also started using the Laura Mercier Mineral Primer in the powder form. That stuff is awesome too- really helped the loose powder set well and more staying power!! If you know you colors and feel comfortable- search eBay!! I got the primer powder (colorless) on there for $10 cheaper and free shipping...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ladies who complain that this powder highlights your pores / sits on top of your skin: you NEED to use some kind of primer beforehand. For me, any High Definition powder will do the trick.The HD powder acts to fill in the pores, give a good base and increase the longevity of the LM. Otherwise it’ll end up clumpy, splotchy, and uneven with super magnified pores. Not very happy with the primer requirement, but the end result is very good. Smooth and expensive looking skin.

Notes: (1). Don't expect good coverage if you have very bad skin, (2). A fluffy face brush like ELF Complexion works better compared to those flat surfaced ones that are normally used for mineral foundation powder, (3). When you wash your face, use a sponge / muslin cloth to lift those flaky skin, (4) Moisturize properly prior application

This is a hard powder to rate. I really love how it looks on me, but it's hard work at the same time. Will I repurchase? Right now, it's a very tentative yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by jadukdik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my HG setting powder. Love this product so much. Been using it everyday for 5 months now and i still have about half of it left. looks great on top of foundation or just sunscreen/moisturizer. Will definitely repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product in 'Soft Ivory' for about 3 months now, and I've been pretty pleased with it. Depending on how much I apply, I can get up to a medium coverage by buffing the powder in with a kabuki brush. It looks very natural and my skin looks radiant when I wear this. Thankfully, my skin hasn't broken out at all, which has happened with so many foundations I've tried. I do have some problems though. Firstly, the sifter. I find I have to open it up totally and tip the whole pot upside down to get anything out, which is messy and time consuming. Secondly, when the weather is warm or humid, I find the powder seems to "pool" and I get little foundation streaks on my t-zone. I've never experienced this before. It's a shame too, because I find mineral powders much nicer to wear in the summer than liquid foundations. Luckily the weather's getting cooler in Australia now, so I can use it up this winter and purchase something else next summer. This mineral powder isn't perfect, but it is really good and worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by samipeters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am in love! This maekup has actually improved my acne and the overall texture and coloring of my skin. I highly recommend this product. I'm so obsessed with this now it's ridiculous. :) buy it and you won't regret it. Also it's a tad expensive but it lasts a really long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm just not sure about this product! The texture and finish are amazing, satiny, gorgeous, but the color selection and staying power are really limited. The shade range is the biggest weakness in my opinion....but if you find a match there is none as beautiful as this.