Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient – Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 6/6/2011 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love the LM Mineral Powder SPF 15. I think it is my HG foundation. It really does beat all of my other foundations, whether it's Chanel, Dior, Guerlain or Giorgio Armani... For me, I know that this won't clog my pores or make me breakout. I don't have to worry about the ingredients that are in it either.

In comparison to the Bare Minerals Veil, I think that the LM Mineral powder blends much nicely and looks more luminous, fresh and is beautiful on the skin. The Bare Minerals I think is less natural, accentuates dryness and pores a lot more and tends to crease and show laughing lines. I do think the LM does show the laugh lines as well, but you could easily smooth it out with your fingers and it would be fine. and I think I have that problem with all foundations anyway.

When I first tried the LM Mineral powder at the LM counter, I didn't like it at first, I was afraid it looked too powdery as the makeup artist put quite a lot of product on at first, but it seriously melted into my skin.. brightened and looked absolutely stunning after 30 mins - an hour. I had even taken a little nap in the afternoon and my boyfriend said my skin looked radiant and beautiful.

A little background of my skintype. I have dry and super sensitive skin and that wasn't always the case, it has just been that way for about 2 years. And I suffered from acne for a year and a half, and thought I'm still trying to clear up my scaring from it, I don't feel the need to cake on concealer or lots of foundation to cover it up. Instead using the LM mineral powder makes me better about myself (I had not used any foundations beforehand for about 4-5months) and it really puts me at ease to know that my skin will never get irritated from the product, it won't clog my pores and make me break out. I will never regret buying this product, and I will buy it over and over again for many years to come.

I really recommend this product to those who are struggling with acne or any other type of skin problems that should steer clear from regular liquid foundations but still would like to have quite a made-up face. Or just anyone who is wanting to try mineral foundation. You really can't beat this one. I absolutely adore it!

I was never a fan of mineral makeup, and never would have used it if my esthetician had not advised me to start!
I bought a Bare Escentuals starter kit, and could not seem to get a good match, plus it made my skin look dry and dull. I also tried Jane Iredale and found it too matte also.
I was so glad to find Laura Mercier's powder! I got a great match for my skin tone, and it makes my skin look radiant! I am also noticing that my skin does not look oily at the end of the day.
Yay!

on 6/3/2011 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The first time I tried this on my face, it didn't look too bad but maybe it was just the lighting. However, the texture is much better than that of Bare Minerals. I bought the powder in a shade too dark so when I went back to swatch a few on my arm, I realized how shimmery it was. I thought maybe the testers were contaminated or something, so I exchanged mine for a shade lighter and went on my way.

After a couple of weeks now, I keep noticing how oily and shiny my face looks. I thought maybe my skin was acting up, but it turns out that the powder actually IS shimmery. Try swatching it on yourself and you will see. I returned it immediately. I don't need anything to add to my oily skin, especially if the coverage is mediocre.

on 5/31/2011 2:12:00 PM

Mineral foundation is the one that's the best suited for my skin type, so I tried LM's version a few months ago hoping that it would be a good substitute for Bare Escentuals (BE was too irritating and it broke out my skin). The initial results were promising, but the product did not provide sufficient coverage, the glow quickly turned into an oily, shiny look by the afternoon, and once the oilies hit, the product oxidized and developed an orange cast. It was, unfortunately, a no-go. The light-to-medium coverage wasn't enough, and it simply didn't survive my tendency toward T-zone shininess (and I'm not a true oily skin type; I'm combination at best). At least I didn't suffer irritation or breakouts when using the foundation and setting powder. For the price, though, it needs to deliver on all fronts. I'm using Faerie Organic now, and it gives me the coverage and staying power I need for a much cheaper price. Would not re-purchase, as comparable and superior products are available at a much more affordable price.

on 5/30/2011 7:32:00 PM

Edit: I can't believe I ever gave this three lippies!! Down grading to one. My skin hurts and is depressed. I'm giving the obsession with mineral powders the flick and just accepting that they aren't meant for people with dry skin, EVER. If you've got dry skin, be kind to yourself and use the appropriate foundation - ie a moisturising liquid, not a powder. Full stop.

I bought this product to take travelling and was happy with it for the first month or two when I was only using it about once a week.Since coming back from overseas I have been using it everyday to wear to work and have noticed how unhappy it makes my skin look! I don't glow anymore :(

This product it making my skin dry and dull. My poor face looks like I've aged 5 years and not just when I am wearing the product either - the powder really dries it out, and even though I have started using a serum and night cream I still find my skin just looks dull. Seeing as I'm only 23, I avoid the sun, wear sunscreen, drink lots of water and generally take pretty good care of my face, it's so disappointing to find the life sucked out of skin!

I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone I love, nor would I buy it again. If you're looking for a good mineral foundation for sensitive skin, try Philosophy Supernatural Airbrush Canvas - I'll be buying it again as soon as I ditch this one.

on 5/27/2011 1:01:00 AM

The BEST mineral makeup out there imo and I have tried them all. I apply with a flocked sponge and get beautiful coverage. Feels like light on the skin and looks good in all lighting. Doesn't cake or turn my skin oily. I've been using this for years and am now on my third jar.

I had high expectation on this foundation, and I wish it could work for me. Back then when I first started to wear makeup, I heard so many good things about this foundation. How quick and easy it is, how you can swirl it on and call a day and how it is not as harmful and a burden to the skin as other foundations.Sadly, this foundation just does not live up to the rave on me. First, there is not a perfect shade for me. Tendre rose is pink-undertone, too orangy for me; soft procelain and real sand are yellow-undertone, which is more flattering, but one being too pale and one being too tan. Second, I can't get an even finish out of it. I've tried it with numerous brushes, including LM's own mineral powder brush, MAC kabuki and a few other flat -top/kabuki brushes, none have worked for me. I think it might be my skin type, coz I have quite dry sky, so the buffing motion to apply this foundation caused micro-exfoliation which makes the foundation flakey and cakey. Third, the foundation is not long-lasting. I don't know, after 3-4 hours, it gradually disappears (no idea where it went) and at the end of the day when I look at myself in the mirror I feel I'm completely naked-face.

Overall, I have to say i hate this foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I own the shade Classic Beige in this holy grail mineral foundation!

While it is too dark right now, I only need a teeny tiny bit to smooth over the bits of redness in my skin.

Now, I've tried every single department store foundation. While I have a few favorites, I keep coming back to this particular product because it looks natural and seamless. I'm only 21 and do not wear foundation unless I'm going out. Because of the pearl powder, the foundation enhances my natural luminosity and provides a healthy and radient finish, which is priceless for over-worked college students.

I've tried bare minerals in the past and had a reaction, but never with LM mineral powder. The sifter is a life-saver, too, when travelling!

My only word of caution is that those with overly oily skin should avoid this product as it will oxidize. If you still want to brave a go, perhaps go one shade down so that the eventual oxidization would even out your skin and look natural instead of orange or too dark. Likewise, those with dry skin would prefer liquid products anyway, but if you use a brush similar to the LM mineral foundation one, the powder finishes to a lovely cream. And while those like Gossmakeup artist hates the micro-exfoliation that powder application provides, it is actually beneficial to exfoliate dry skin a little bit everyday as that will reduce the patchiness and force skin regeneration and smoothness.

For everyone else, a kabuki will be easier and faster with more coverage, while a large fluffy brush is idea for those not wanting too much coverage.

Final notes are that I love this product and will hopefully love it for the very long time the powder remains (seriously, it feels like I'll work through this tub forever!). Value for money? We'll see!

on 5/12/2011 3:32:00 PM

Great great powder! As I've said in my other reviews, I love trying new products so I usually never use the entire thing, because I'm off trying something else. However, I def used all of this powder up!
I will say, I love a lot of coverage so I do use this over a little foundation sometimes, and it is amazing! However, even if you use it by itself, it's great coverage...makes you look just flawless!

I usually have a few options on hand, so I when I ran out of this, I started using my Makeup Forever powder, and I still didn't like it compared to this one. I'm just really impressed with Laura Mercier's products, and if you knew me, its a big deal for me to say that! haha

on 5/8/2011 12:56:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I was hesitant to buy this because I have never tried a mineral powder and heard they can make try patches look worse, but this was not the case with this AMAZING powder. I have combination skin, so I'm either really dry, or oily...but this powder just....melts into my skin and gives me a natural glow. I can use it alone with some concealer on days i don't need much coverage, or I use it on top of my foundation and it gives a FLAWLESS airbrushed look. Which for me is a big deal since, I deal with acne and redness. Its a bit expensive, but it is worth it.