Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder foundation Powder

3.9

Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water), Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia Extract (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Parfum (Fragrance), Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 5/22/2010 9:20:00 PM

I LOVE this powder foundation. I'm not really into powder foundations, or actually, powder foundations in general only because they all make me look cakey. But, I was sold after the worker tried the HD foundation &this Duo Mat Powder to finish off with. I have TONS of acne marks &acne here &there &this just did the trick. Before using this, I've used MAC Studio Fix, Clinique, Shiseido, etc. This out of all.. lasted longer, made my skin look very matte, stayed on all day without me having to retouch &DID NOT make my skin oily at ALL. My skin's very different, I can say that.. it's oily after I've applied makeup, but after I wash my face, put toner &moisturizer, it's very dry. My T-zone tends to get really oily during the day if I've applied makeup &this powder foundation just helps a whole lot. Oh, how I love this powder. I use just this powder since I can't really be using liquid foundations since I do still have acne but, later on when my acne does clear up, I'm definitely going back to Sephora to get the HD liquid foundation. I hope this works as well for you as it did for me. &I also hope this review has helped also. =)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product way better than MAC's Studio Fix and Lancome's Dual Finish. This gives superb coverage, even, silky coverage. No Pancake-face here. Gorgeous. I just love it. Will definitely re-buy.

on 5/17/2010 1:50:00 PM

I have oily, olive skin. This has fantastic coverage but my nose does get oily somewhat quickly after applying this. All I have to do is use Maybelline's Dream Matte powder or Clinique's Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector tho & the shine is gone. Did I say this has GREAT, non-mask-like coverage!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was in love mac studiofix (C40) until I you use this. Is much better than mac. I have a super oily skin and with this I can be up to 5 hours without retouching the oiliness of the face. I think that oxidizes less than the MAC. I found my perfect match for my skin (i used 209) AND IT'S PERFECT!! It's a bit more expensive but worth it. I recommend truly recommend this product!

on 5/1/2010 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

This stuff is awesome. It has great coverage and I could build extra coverage on problem areas. The staying power is fantastic! I wore it all day and touched my face whenever I wanted, then went to the gym and it still covered my redness. It did all that while still looking like I had naturally great skin. I still had to use blotting powder a couple times, but thats normal for me, and i've never found anything that kept me matte for more then 2 hours. I had this for 2 weeks and it seemed like I already had a dent in it, so, I guess this will go pretty quickly with daily use. Which really sucks b/c its about $40. I had to return this after 2 weeks b/c my skin gets dark really easily and the color I got was now too light. If I can find a shade that actually matches, then I will def repurchase (even tho the price sucks..) b/c I have to much difficulty finding something that works for my skin and color.

on 4/30/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's ok, nice coverage...but messy to work with. It's pressed powder and I can carry it in my purse, but when I swipe my brush over it, a lot of powder goes everywhere. Waste of product. I want to love it but hate the consistency.
It also contains Bismuth Oxychloride and made me break out. So crossing this on my list.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I am in love with this powder foundation, I don't know what took me so long to try it! I'd have to say this is my favorite foundation ever, and I've tried soooo many! This foundation gives a medium coverage, goes on very smooth, has a very matte finish, and is very long wearing. This truly makes my skin look flawless. I use shade 201 Ivory right now, but am a little "tan" from vacation, but when I'm my natural color I'll use the shade 200 Beige Opalescent. I love this, I highly recommend it!

*** Update! ***
I started using this as a setting powder over the MUFE Mat Velvet + Foundation, and I love it even more!!! The 2 used together are just perfect, smooth, flawless! I love it! By far the best foundation products I ever used!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I fell in love with this powder the first time I ever tried it because it give that matte look that I'm always looking for and helps my face from getting shiny for most of the day. I usually don't have to re-apply too often. The color was great too. I have olive-tan skin and I ordered this in warm beige and it matched perfectly. The only negative thing I have to say about this is the coverage doesn't quite last all day and this makeup can sometimes feel heavy or even feel greasy by the end of the day if you have oily skin. But other than that, I would definitely recommend this because it's definitely worth trying. :)

on 4/3/2010 12:00:00 PM

I am really picky when it comes to powders, but this stuff is great.
It does it's job, and gives a verry pretty soft look.
I would buy this again.

on 3/31/2010 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!! Love this foundation!!!!!!! Actually, I switched to this stuff from Bare Minerals, and here's a list of reasons why: 1) It goes on SUPER QUICKLY! Bare Minerals takes me a good ten minutes to apply perfectly. I have to buff on the foundation, then the powder, then the concealer, it all just takes so much time and effort. Duo Mat goes on in SECONDS. I think it literally takes me under two minutes to get my whole entire face looking perfect, and it's only ONE PRODUCT, instead of two or three with Bare Minerals, so not only does it go on quickly, but I can carry it all in my make-up case because it's one sleek little package for my whole face. I don't need powder, I don't need to mess with brushes, I just need the one little compact and I'm flawless. 2) It looks better. I wasn't initially looking to buy new foundation (I was thinking about cheating on my Bare Minerals because it was starting to annoy me) but the sales associate at Sephora put this on my face and I was instantly sold. I couldn't believe how great it looked on me. I normally don't buy things on a whim, but I was so floored with how smooth and flawless this looked on my face (and how quickly it went on) I bought it on the spot. The coverage is better than BE, and most importantly, the COLOR is so much better (I'm very fair: shade #200). I don't know if this is new, but I've been noticing that lately, BE foundations have been looking extremely orange on me and I hate it. Duo Mat looks great - not a hint of orange anywhere, and it looks like smooth porcelain on my face. 3) It controls oil phenomenally. SO much better than BE! I never, ever, ever look oily with this stuff on! (And I have really oily skin) but it's also not drying either. Although I do recommend putting on moisturizer underneath this, because it goes on more smoothly (and I guarantee it won't make you get oily faster; this stuff is THAT GOOD). At first I put this on with a foundation brush, and then realized that the little sponge it comes with is actually more efficient, faster, and makes it look better. So I've been using the sponge instead.

I love this stuff. Love it. Love it. The only two things that bug me are that 1) it isn't all natural (but it's such an amazing product -and has not produced any adverse skin reaction at all- that I don't care) and 2) It doesn't have SPF in it. But whatever, I'll just wear an SPF moisturizer.

All in all, this stuff can beat the crap out of Bare Minerals. The end.