September 22, 2014 | 1558 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by martaalexandrino

I was in love mac studiofix (C40) until I you use this. Is much better than mac. I have a super oily skin and with this I can be up to 5 hours without retouching the oiliness of the face. I think that oxidizes less than the MAC. I found my perfect match for my skin (i used 209) AND IT'S PERFECT!! It's a bit more expensive but worth it. I recommend truly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by minka00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome. It has great coverage and I could build extra coverage on problem areas. The staying power is fantastic! I wore it all day and touched my face whenever I wanted, then went to the gym and it still covered my redness. It did all that while still looking like I had naturally great skin. I still had to use blotting powder a couple times, but thats normal for me, and i've never found anything that kept me matte for more then 2 hours. I had this for 2 weeks and it seemed like I already had a dent in it, so, I guess this will go pretty quickly with daily use. Which really sucks b/c its about $40. I had to return this after 2 weeks b/c my skin gets dark really easily and the color I got was now too light. If I can find a shade that actually matches, then I will def repurchase (even tho the price sucks..) b/c I have to much difficulty finding something that works for my skin and color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's ok, nice coverage...but messy to work with. It's pressed powder and I can carry it in my purse, but when I swipe my brush over it, a lot of powder goes everywhere. Waste of product. I want to love it but hate the consistency.
It also contains Bismuth Oxychloride and made me break out. So crossing this on my list.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this powder foundation, I don't know what took me so long to try it! I'd have to say this is my favorite foundation ever, and I've tried soooo many! This foundation gives a medium coverage, goes on very smooth, has a very matte finish, and is very long wearing. This truly makes my skin look flawless. I use shade 201 Ivory right now, but am a little "tan" from vacation, but when I'm my natural color I'll use the shade 200 Beige Opalescent. I love this, I highly recommend it!

*** Update! ***
I started using this as a setting powder over the MUFE Mat Velvet + Foundation, and I love it even more!!! The 2 used together are just perfect, smooth, flawless! I love it! By far the best foundation products I ever used!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by dollfacemakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I fell in love with this powder the first time I ever tried it because it give that matte look that I'm always looking for and helps my face from getting shiny for most of the day. I usually don't have to re-apply too often. The color was great too. I have olive-tan skin and I ordered this in warm beige and it matched perfectly. The only negative thing I have to say about this is the coverage doesn't quite last all day and this makeup can sometimes feel heavy or even feel greasy by the end of the day if you have oily skin. But other than that, I would definitely recommend this because it's definitely worth trying. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by babyyypink

I am really picky when it comes to powders, but this stuff is great.
It does it's job, and gives a verry pretty soft look.
I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!! Love this foundation!!!!!!! Actually, I switched to this stuff from Bare Minerals, and here's a list of reasons why: 1) It goes on SUPER QUICKLY! Bare Minerals takes me a good ten minutes to apply perfectly. I have to buff on the foundation, then the powder, then the concealer, it all just takes so much time and effort. Duo Mat goes on in SECONDS. I think it literally takes me under two minutes to get my whole entire face looking perfect, and it's only ONE PRODUCT, instead of two or three with Bare Minerals, so not only does it go on quickly, but I can carry it all in my make-up case because it's one sleek little package for my whole face. I don't need powder, I don't need to mess with brushes, I just need the one little compact and I'm flawless. 2) It looks better. I wasn't initially looking to buy new foundation (I was thinking about cheating on my Bare Minerals because it was starting to annoy me) but the sales associate at Sephora put this on my face and I was instantly sold. I couldn't believe how great it looked on me. I normally don't buy things on a whim, but I was so floored with how smooth and flawless this looked on my face (and how quickly it went on) I bought it on the spot. The coverage is better than BE, and most importantly, the COLOR is so much better (I'm very fair: shade #200). I don't know if this is new, but I've been noticing that lately, BE foundations have been looking extremely orange on me and I hate it. Duo Mat looks great - not a hint of orange anywhere, and it looks like smooth porcelain on my face. 3) It controls oil phenomenally. SO much better than BE! I never, ever, ever look oily with this stuff on! (And I have really oily skin) but it's also not drying either. Although I do recommend putting on moisturizer underneath this, because it goes on more smoothly (and I guarantee it won't make you get oily faster; this stuff is THAT GOOD). At first I put this on with a foundation brush, and then realized that the little sponge it comes with is actually more efficient, faster, and makes it look better. So I've been using the sponge instead.

I love this stuff. Love it. Love it. The only two things that bug me are that 1) it isn't all natural (but it's such an amazing product -and has not produced any adverse skin reaction at all- that I don't care) and 2) It doesn't have SPF in it. But whatever, I'll just wear an SPF moisturizer.

All in all, this stuff can beat the crap out of Bare Minerals. The end.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 2:58:00 AM More reviews by makeuploveandsoul

I love this powder I use it on its own or on top of sheer foundation. It has a great texture and nice look to it on the skin. The coverage is buildable. The Only Thing i HATE is the packaging it looks so tacky! if im paying $30 for a compact i want it to look cute. BUt Overall I love this product would deff recomend,

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Chorus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder foundation for days when you want a bit more coverage. When pitted against MAC studio fix, this controlled oil better (the MAC side got much oiler much faster!). Duo Mat did not dry out my skin (and I have tendency for dry skin). Studio fix made me oily AND dried out my skin!

I wear #202 and it is perfect match (MAC C3/NC20-NC 25 for reference). At first I tried #203 and it got orange on me, but that is because it was a shade too dark. Sephora was great and let me exchange colors. This is very quick & easy to apply and needs no powder to set - yet it stays all day and requires little to no touch ups. Beautiful, smooth, finish; the look of liquid foundation without the hassle and takes mere seconds to apply. I've only applied it with a brush. Photographs absolutely gorgeous! I liked it better than La Prairie cellular treatment powder foundation, which I tried for a whole week (1/2 of my face with Duo Mat, 1/2 with La Prairie.) Will be returning the La Prairie which has a funny smell and offers less coverage so you need to layer it, and it dries my undereye area just a tad more - this is much better!! If you want a powder foundation with good coverage without the titanium dioxide/white geisha look in photos, this may just be your HG!
EDIT - a year later - still love it, but found something even better - controls oil better but even less drying and NO settling in lines under eyes - Laura Mercier powder foundation #2.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder foundation and apply it with my kabuki brush. It provides medium coverage and use this often when I don't feel like applying liquid foundation. I use shade 209. There is a bit of shine a few hours after applying but blotting with my clean and clear oil absorbing sheets normally remedies that.

MUFE HD 153