Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 4/18/2013 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this stuff! I have tried many many different brands and this is the only one that works. It keeps me mat all day and I don't have to keep rubbing my face with my sleeves like I had to do with other products. Althought it's expensive, it's so worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

THIS FOUNDATION IS PERFECT!
I suffer with oily skin and this kept me matte ALL day!! It was well worth $36!
I usually don't spend a lot on makeup, but this, omg, perfect for my skin type.
I also suffer from blackheads and a few pimples here and there, It made my skin look poreless.
And the full coverage is beyond any liquid foundation I have ever used!
I higly suggest this for people with oily, shiney, acne prone skin.

on 4/14/2013 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product did not live up to its name. It only kept me matte for about 3 hrs, which is no different than any other foundation I use. The wear was no longer than other foundations. I guess there is just nothing about this foundation that makes it stand out from others, and it's expensive. The packaging would be alright if it didn't pretty much explode foundation the first time I opened it. The first time I opened it, the foundation just came pouring out (I wasn't squeezing it, and I was holding it upright), wasting SO much of it. I will be returning this.

on 4/14/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Really good stuff!! I ration this foundation and only use it out on date nights because it's amazing but SO expensive!

It gives such a beautiful air-brushed look while feeling so light. I've had it work wonderfully with and without primer, because the coverage is exceptional. Love the way it looks and feels, it's a worthy investment.

on 4/14/2013 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Did not like too drying, cakey look.

I have dry/combo skin which is very sensitive and I generally get a few larger blemishes just so people have this as a reference. I am also VERY FAIR (NW 13 in studio fix fluid from M.A.C.)

I absolutely love the coverage, texture and wearability of this product, however it does get dry and flakey over my blemishes. When I first opened up the bottle, the foundation started squirting out everywhere which wasn't ideal. In general I find that the packaging is this products one downfall, its a soft squeezable container with a fairly open top and it is hard to control the amount of foundation that you receive.

When applying start with the tiniest amount (pea sized) and spread that out, because you only need a very tiny bit for a full coverage face.

Also, swatch this product in many different kinds of light because light can be deceiving and you may end up leaving with the wrong colour. I swatched my product as normal along my jaw line and blended down into my neck under normal sephora lighting, and ended up leaving with the shade 15, however it is just a tad bit too light, so when I do repurchase I will buy 20.

All in all the product is one of the best I have found, and the flaws are minimal.

on 4/13/2013 12:56:00 PM

I've had to experiment a bit with Mat Velvet to get it to really work. The first day I applied it with a sponge as I usually do other liquid foundations. Just a few hours later I had a lot of patchiness, with dry areas looking really flakey/cakey and oily areas breaking through. I almost returned my bottle. Tried it the next day with fingers, and felt I looked very unnatural, plus had the same oil breakthrough issue.

Then I watched some tutorials of people applying liquid foundation with a fuller brush -- e.g. the Sephora #56 or a small kabuki. I tried a soft mini kabuki, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE. After moisturizer, I dot a tiny amount of Mat Velvet on to ONE area of my face at a time, then blend with the mini kabuki -- mostly stippling, a bit of whisking/swirling. I think previously I had simply applied too much too heavily! I definitely have to work a section at a time because it dries so quickly, but this method is quick, looks fantastic, and uses almost NO product for quite full coverage.

Stippled on in this manner, and with a touch of setting powder (on me, all foundations need powder), it lasts half a day without any need to blot (that's very good, for me -- about the same wear I get from Revlon CS). After that, it simply changes to more of a satin than purely matte finish, but still looks fresh and smooth.

Finally, I'm thrilled with the shade match I found in this -- 15, the lightest, is almost perfect for me. It does have quite a cool/pink undertone, but because it's pale enough, it blends nicely. If it were more neutral I'd love it even more, but it's such a battle just to find something light enough that I'm satisfied.

I would get a sample if you are extremely sensitive -- I've found that if I apply it right around my eyes (which I usually don't do, because the finish is too dry for that area; I use an undereye concealer instead) they sometimes water a bit. The product has a somewhat "chemical" scent and might irritate some. So far, though, my skin is perfectly happy with it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I loved this foundation! It has an awesome wear time and controlled oil well! The best way to apply it I find is by using the beauty blender fully saturated with water and rolling n buffing it into the skin! :) it's beautiful wen set with the hd finishing powder! I also like the Laura mercier candlelight powder over to add a dewy but not oily effect due to the mattifacation

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

MAC NC15-20; Revlon Colorstay: Sand beige 180
Combination skin - dry cheeks & chin, oily nose and quite oily forehead.
- - -
COLOUR:
I have it in colour 20, i can wear it on its own, but it's little bit too light so i usually mix it with my MAC matchmaster 2.0

PACKAGING:
Okay. At first; the packaging is CRAZZZZZY! It looks so smaaaaall! I saw some pictures & videos of it before buying it (i bought it online without trying it - crazy right?). You get 1 fl. oz./30ml which is really a standart size of almost every foundation.
So; handy, really travel-friendly, but plastic, looking cheap and the letters rub off. THAAAAT SUUUUCKS.

TEXTURE:
Well... Creamy. Not liquidy at all, but also not thick, just nice & creamy. Blendeable.

COVERAGE:
Medium. Always, when somebody says "Yayyy this is full coverage" and then i try it, always i end up with maybe medium. I don't know, but this is not full. But with layering, it can be. With one layer, it's the better medium. Better than Colorstay.

FINISH:
Well.. Matte. Really matte. I hoped this will have that beautifully smooth velvety (well it says it's Mat VELVET, so you'd expect that right?) matte finish, but no. It is the typical matte, almost dry looking finish. Nice, but not really natural.

LASTING POWER:
I don't have problem with ANY foundation in case of the lasting power. I apply my foundation everyday at 7.00 and remove it probably at about 18.00-20.00 and it still looks okay. Already not that matte, of course, after few hours i am little bit shiny on my nose, but whatever. Depens on a primer or powder you use.

APPLICATION:
I dot this all over my face (no putting on the back of my hand, no. This is creamier than my other liquid foundations, so for me, it is better to dot it on my face 'cause otherwise my brushes just soak a lot of product) I use round top kabuki brushes (Ecotools Bamboo Bronzer Brush)

PRICE:
WOHOHO! You're paying at least $42 (depends on where you buy it, on our country it's $55) for a PIECE OF PLASTIC with some 30ml of liquid in it. Crazy right?

WORTH IT/REPURCHASE:
No. It is a nice foundation, but the difference between this and some cheaper ones i tried is not that huge (Colorstay, you know i'm talking about you! :P)

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH BTW

on 4/4/2013 3:51:00 PM

I have difficult skin, starting with-extremely oily. But flakey. Its retarded. I have controlled my flakiness with microdermabrasion. But am still overly oily. This make up-I wear #35 I think. Is incredible. you only need a bit to cover face and neck (with the right primer-porefessional) It has long lasting wear. It does not oxidize. Or spread-which most foundations do on my skin because I am so oily. It has great coverage and makes my skin look flawless.-even tho it doesn't stay completely mat all day because of my skin. It never looks greasy!

I also like that it comes in a squeeze bottle because it feels like I am getting every last drop.