October 31, 2014 | 1601 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS
*Matte finish (Good for oily skin)
*Medium to full coverage buildable
*Great shade range
*Did not break me out (I have oily, acneic skin - cystic acne)
*Decent lasting power, but this still does not last as long as my Revlon Colorstay.

CONS
*Settles into fine lines. I'm in my 20s with very fine lines from being an expressive person, and this settles into those lines (forehead & smile) making me look older.
*Quite expensive

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Originally, I was really on the fence about this product. I bought it when I heard everyone rave about it, and how those with oily skin didn't need to set this with a powder and their face stayed matte all day.

What I like about the foundation:
Smooth application. GREAT color range, especially for my pale, pale skin. The shade #15 is bang on my skin color which can be incredibly difficult to find. Really good coverage. Lasts all day without a setting powder when applied in thin layers. Another thing I really like about it is that it can be built up or sheered out. Some days I sheer it out and use concealer for my blemishes, but most days in the morning I just slap a lot of this on to conceal allllllll my flaws.

I do really like this foundation, it's great. Usually I apply it with a real techniques buffing brush and then I go into my Chanel Loose powder and set my tzone. This leaves my face looking near flawless all day, and only a little bit of oil shines through. I never use this with a primer, but I can image that would be amazing for hot weather, because I could not see the foundation budging.

Definitely recommend it! I'm glad that it offers great coverage without feeling heavy and keeps my face flawless looking all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by puttay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best liquid foundation I have ever tried! (I have very fair, oily, acne prone skin!)

My other fav is Estee Lauder's double wear - but I think I might love this even more!!

Double Wear dries very fast and if you apply too much it will find its way into fine lines and crack, later in the day you cannot touch up because it is like concrete - on the other hand it looks nice for a very long time if applied right!

This foundation however doesn't feel like concrete when dry. Yet it does dry fully, it is just a more light feel and you can touch up during the day blending more into the skin without caking it on.

I also think it has a good coverage! I don't use concealer with this product, and I have very visible dark undereye circles.

When I wear this with a mattifying powder (any brand really) it lasts ALL day and I have NEVER EVER had another liquid foundation who did not make me shiny after a few hours use (With most foundations I literally look like a grease ball after about two hours). I have even worn this on vacation (24 + degrees) and on a 7 hour plane ride, and guess what! The oil on my face was barely noticeable!

Pros:

* Does not cause breakouts (on me however, no matter how much I pile on)
* Good coverage (medium to high)
* Do a good job of making my skin mat for long periods of time
* Nice color range for light skintones (usually hard to find)
* Nice applicator
* It lasts longer than you might think, I have used mine for 3 months and still have about half a bottle left (and I apply a full face, once or twice a day)

Cons:

* Very drying, very visible on flakey skin (looks better on polished skin, I recommend buying a face scrub and a moisturizer if you have dry patches on your skin)
* Not really suitable for mature skin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Jinxicat9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My favorite foundation of all time. After years of skipping from one foundation to another, trying to find one that gives me consistent results, staying power, a matte finish and doesn't irritate my skin, I finally found what I consider the best foundation available. I can apply this with my finger-tips but get better results with a damp sponge (love MAC Fix-It spray for dampening sponges), particularly around my eyes wear any matte finish can look drying if not applied just right. I have combination skin with mild rosacea around the bridge of my nose and this works wonderful for coverage without irritating my skin. I also can be acne-prone around my chin which can become extremely oily and MUFE Mat Velvet+ has worked best for keeping a matte uniform finish all day. I do use a water based moisturizing primer with this for best results. If you have a Sephora in your area, stop in and get a sample before you buy. Try it out. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you like matte finish foundations.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by martinagarcia

I wanted to buy MUF HD foundation, but the SA told me that Mat Velvet was better for my combination skin. This foundation covers quite well and it is really natural. If you find your perfect shade nobody could say that you're wearing foundation.
But is is so difficult to blend and to build, it dries too fast. It doesn't control the oil of my t zone at all, so I think that it will look really bad on oily skin!
It claims to be long lasting but it isn't. After 4 hours I don't have foundation on my skin anymore and I don't like the finish. It is too mat, so you could seem like a ghost. It doesn't give you a healthy looking and it makes my cheeks really dry. I think that it is better to use this product during the summer or in warm places, otherwise it could dry a lot your skin.
I was expecting much more from this foundation and I won't repurchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by ruthyeh910

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first bought this product because Jen from frmheadtotoe said it was good for oily skin. I wanted my face to be matte for once in my lifee.I think that it looked pretty good when I applied it with my fingers and it matched my skin (number 35) but about four hours later my face was shiny and no matter how much I blotted it kept on getting shiner and shiner. So I don't think that this does a great job of controlling oil or preventing shine. It would be best for normal skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by bonjourivy

The only reason I bought this foundation was because I was hopeless about finding anything light enough for my super pale skin. It actually matches my skin tone, which is a miracle. I don't actually like the consistency of it, and find it doesn't cover up my darker acne marks on its own. I will buy it again because it matches my skin tone, but that is basically the only reason.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by lxGossipGirlxl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly did not like this foundation at all. This foundation is so drying that if you have dry patches, it will emphasize them immediately. This is also not a true full coverage foundation (IMO), and you definitely need to build up for full coverage. It did not cover my blemishes very well and like I said, I had to build it up for my desired look. It doesn't blend very well and was pretty expensive overall. This foundation turned out very blotchy on my skin. Although the foundation matched my skin tone perfectly, it did oxidize after a few uses and turned my face ORANGE. And even though this foundation emphasizes dry patches after application, your face does get oily at the end of the day with this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by CiaoBella82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have some post acne marks and some blemishes so this covers them very well with a really good full coverage concealer. I like the fact that little is only needed to cover what I dont want to be seen. Its very smooth and easy to use my foundation brush. If I want a matte finish I use the MUFE HD finishing power but if theres day a I want a little glow I can to that. Dont not make me break me out at all and I love that its OIl Free too. Cant wait to use my new stippling brush with this founation! I will but this again!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by chippyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Packaging is great, and excellent for travelling. However the foundation itself is not up to scratch. Heard so many great reviews about this foundation that I rushed out and bought it when I was in New York. It doesn't control oil, it's hard to blend and the consistency is quite dry. It's far too expensive for what it is (although the shade was perfect for my skin tone). I was expecting a lot more from this foundation.