April 18, 2014 | 1869 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by hmkramer

Doesn't do much, leaves a film... really not impressed. I love Burt's in general, but this one is not a winner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by pillager

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went to the store to get a cheap cleanser. I'm trying to purchase more natural products and Burt's Bees Deep Cleansing Cream is definitely not cheap. But it smells wonderful and leaves my face feeling refreshed (kind of feels and smells like Noxema, in a good way!) Haven't noticed any break outs yet, so am crossing my fingers. Overall, a decent product that doesn't seem to dry out my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by snyder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Didn't work as great as I hoped. It would be a good product for someone with dry skin that has no problems with breakouts. It left my skin feeling like there was a film on it and my skin got oily more quickly then usual. I gave it to my DH since he has pretty normal skin. It was a little pricey for a ho-hum product as well ($8). I went back to my Neutrogena.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by db001990

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The smell was nice but I didn't really like the way the cream went on, also it didn't seem to soak into my skin like other cream cleansers I've used and liked. The worst part was the burning of my eyes, I didn't put it near my eyes, just my forehead and on my cheeks, not under the eyes or on the eyelids, and my eyes which are normally not sensitive, were burning. I will be returning this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by rocknrollgrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it! I didn't go to the store with the intention to buy a product like this. I've tried cream cleansers before and I've never been thrilled by them. But I didn't see any other types of Burt's cleansers for sale where I was shopping, and WOW am I glad I gave this a try!

My skin has seen a dramatic improvement in just 2 uses of this product. I have oily skin that is a bit acne prone, I also have large pores and deal with blackheads on my nose and a bit on my chin. For some reason I had been breaking lately, which is unusual for me. I used this cleanser last night and this morning, and my skin has pretty much done a complete turn-around. I've also been using Dickinson's Witch Hazel facial toner twice a day (after cleansing), so I'm sure that's helped a lot as well. But I didn't see a difference like this until I used the BB's cleanser.

I will definitely update once I've finished the tube. But so far so great!

UPDATE: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! This is my HG cleanser!

I don’t think some people realize that since this is a mostly natural cleanser, your face isn’t going to feel like it does after using cleansers that are chock full of chemicals, including detergents (which is why they foam up so well and often leave your skin feeling “squeaky clean”….. ugh). I suggest that people only try products like this if they already know something about natural products (i.e. they're not supposed to act like products full of chemicals) and are really interested in using them.

As I think I stated previously, my skin is oily, but I’ve never felt like this product leaves a film like some have complained. I feel like it cleans my skin without stripping it of its natural oils. All the small under-the-skin bumps I’ve always had on my cheeks have gone away, and my skin basically just looks great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 7:20:00 AM More reviews by dd12

This is a miracle cleanser! I totally loved it and it smells divine. I personally like the menthol and the tingly feeling, but I guess in the end it's up to personal preference. The smell is lovely too and yes it is very moisturising and doesn't dry out my skin a lot. I felt that my pores were way smaller after using this and I have been breaking out less. Will definitely be repurchasing in the future (only 19.95AUD!!)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2009 3:39:00 AM More reviews by GoCubsGo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved the fact that it came in a tube. The smell was nice. Those are the only two pros I can think of. This broke me out really badly, and I used this for about 2 months just to see whether this product was the actual culprit. Well, after I stopped using it, my skin calmed down a whole lot, and the breakouts lessened. I think I broke out because of the film. Also, to make matters worse, my skin felt tight after using this, which is strange because it's a cream! I'm not sure how that happened. I won't buy this ever again even though I really wanted this to work for me. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by calisparkle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have only tried the 11 gram sample of this. I think it came in one of those little Burt's Bees kits. I like how moisturizing it is for my dry skin , and I like that it is made from natural ingredients, but the smell is very strong. So, for that reason I will probably never buy a full size tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by reptilegrrl

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for about 6 months. It is a great cleanser. I apply it to a wet face and rub gently for a few minutes, then use a hot washcloth to steam for about a minute more. I wipe it gently off with the washcloth.

This cleanser is gentle but very effective! I find that it does remove makeup, and is great for clearing pores of plugs. The menthol makes it tingly.

Because this is a cream cleanser, it does need to be followed with a toner- I use witch hazel. The cleanser does not leave visible makeup behind, but the toner helps to remove the last bits of creamy residue.

I gave it a 4 for packaging because it's hard to get the last product out of a tube- I have to cut the end off of the tube and there are usually 3-4 more uses in there.

I have combination skin which is prone to breakouts when it gets too dry. My problem area is the nose- my pores there tend to plug, but this cleanser helps to keep that under control.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by allain74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This cleanser leaves a weird greasy film on my face that does not rinse off and it and does not remove makeup. I will be returning it.