Burt's Bees Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, sunflower oil, stearic acid(vegetable fat) vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, coconut oil, sodium borate (natural borax), cetyl alcohol, silica, glucose, witch hazel extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, chamomile extract, echinacea (coneflower) extract, soap bark extract, cocoa butter, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol (Vitamin E), lemon oil, cilantro oil, tarragon oil, lavandin oil, jasmine oil, xanthan gum(natural thickener), sucrose stearate (sugar emulsifier), menthol, glucose oxidase, and lactoperoxidase (natural preservative).

on 12/25/2009 8:27:00 PM

I absolutely love this cleanser it leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. Bad thing is that I cant use it on my eyes but thats alright. i will definitely re-purchase.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I think i will buy this again! The good : it smells great, has a cooling effect, very minty, natural product, easy to use, last a long time, moisturizing, overall a good product in my opinion! THE BAD : You cannot use this cleanser on your eyes! It will sting very badly (happened to me once on accident, never again!!!) you will have to use a makeup remover but hey, a lot of girls use makeup remover regularly anyway right...? Also... actually i can't think of anything else bad to say about this cleanser. It is worth the money because one container will last a very long time, a small amount goes a long way! I definitely recommend trying this stuff at least once :)

on 12/16/2009 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I prefer to use this in the morning and my Nature's Gate In the Beginning Cleanser at night to remove my tinted moisturizer/eye makeup. I like the tingly feeling this stuff gives you. Cleans decently. Not my absolute fave, but I love that it's natural and it feels really nice. Like I said, better as a morning cleanser (where you just have to wash off a bit of oil, maybe some sweat) than a night cleanser (where you have to get the day's makeup/grime off of your face). Not bad, but not the best cleanser ever, either.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've been using this cleanser for about a month now and I've actually become slightly less impressed by it. It has seemed to not clean my skin very well and also leaves my sin feeling a bit dry and oddly filmy.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this product for over a year now and works great as a makeup remover. I use it for my first wash at night to remove my makeup followed by Alba Botanica Coconut Milk Facial Wash. It tingles a bit like Noxema but not as strong.

on 10/11/2009 10:34:00 PM

I've been using this stuff for about three months, so I think I can give a fairly accurate review on it. I use it only at night as I prefer a clean, oil-free canvas to apply make-up over in the morning. I find this cleanser really does well at taking off my make-up (I don't wear heavy foundation though usually just a tinted moisturizer or mineral make-up). I'm not crazy about the menthol in it, but it's not like Noxema strong or anything. It's kinda a pain in the but to have to use an eye-make up remover, but I usually need to anyway so whatever. The texture is very rich and creamy but this is definitely not a foaming cream cleanser. I think it has helped with my breakouts but that hasn't really been an issue for me in the past little while (maybe this is actually helping more than I think!). Overall, I think this is a nice natural cleanser and I think it would work well for someone whose skin can tolerate natural oils.

on 10/11/2009 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I been using this cleanser for almost 2 months now and I must say that i'm not impressed. I love how it makes your skin feel nice & tingly, kinda has a cooling effect which I love, but overall, it didn't help my breakouts. =( I was really dissapointed cause I really do like Burt's Bees products. I'm sad to say that I will not be re-purchasing.

It help to reduce redness on my pimple..skin feels really clean & smooth..Chamomile sooths my irritated skin...I don't really like the menthol its too minty as if my skin is burning..but no break out..price is good..is natural...happy happy...

on 8/24/2009 9:08:00 PM

This is my first review here! Yay! What brought me to MUA in the first place was to read reviews on some natural skin care products. The ingredients of this cleanser are natural and safe...and I've become very picky in the last few months about what I will allow on my skin. I was disappointed to see all the bad reviews of this product after I bought it (only discovered this site after I bought it). Some mentioned that this is expensive...but I'm not bothered by $8 for a natural face cleanser. Every other "natural" company that I've found is more expensive.

I'm still over the fence on this product. I've used 3/4 of the 6oz tube. It feels awesome...I love the tingly feeling the menthol gives my face, although menthol can indeed be irritating (especially if it gets anywhere NEAR your eyes, for sure...OUCH). My skin felt slightly tight and dry after cleansing, but it was easily soothed with an oil or moisturizer.

I didn't really notice a difference in my skin after using it for about 2 months. I don't think it made me break out any worse than I already do, but definitely did not help any breakouts or keep them at bay. It did succeed in taking my makeup off, however I only use a sheer veil of MMU and some concealer, so can't speak for those who use a lot of foundation, eyeliner, etc.

I have already bought another cleanser, if I don't like the new one I will probably finish the Burt's Bees. Wouldn't think twice about tossing it though. I wish this cleanser did more for my skin, because the feel, smell and ingredients are amazing...

on 7/23/2009 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this product, but i will say it is not for people with sensitive skin! For my skin this product worked really good, I have acne prone skin and this really helped, but did kind of dry out my skin. the dryness of my skin for the cleanser doesnt really bother me becasue once I use my mousturizer I am good to go! I really hope this review helped, check out my swap items!