October 23, 2014 | 1707 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by shygirl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I been using this cleanser for almost 2 months now and I must say that i'm not impressed. I love how it makes your skin feel nice & tingly, kinda has a cooling effect which I love, but overall, it didn't help my breakouts. =( I was really dissapointed cause I really do like Burt's Bees products. I'm sad to say that I will not be re-purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Beautyfoolrise

It help to reduce redness on my pimple..skin feels really clean & smooth..Chamomile sooths my irritated skin...I don't really like the menthol its too minty as if my skin is burning..but no break out..price is good..is natural...happy happy...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by caroline7502

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my first review here! Yay! What brought me to MUA in the first place was to read reviews on some natural skin care products. The ingredients of this cleanser are natural and safe...and I've become very picky in the last few months about what I will allow on my skin. I was disappointed to see all the bad reviews of this product after I bought it (only discovered this site after I bought it). Some mentioned that this is expensive...but I'm not bothered by $8 for a natural face cleanser. Every other "natural" company that I've found is more expensive.

I'm still over the fence on this product. I've used 3/4 of the 6oz tube. It feels awesome...I love the tingly feeling the menthol gives my face, although menthol can indeed be irritating (especially if it gets anywhere NEAR your eyes, for sure...OUCH). My skin felt slightly tight and dry after cleansing, but it was easily soothed with an oil or moisturizer.

I didn't really notice a difference in my skin after using it for about 2 months. I don't think it made me break out any worse than I already do, but definitely did not help any breakouts or keep them at bay. It did succeed in taking my makeup off, however I only use a sheer veil of MMU and some concealer, so can't speak for those who use a lot of foundation, eyeliner, etc.

I have already bought another cleanser, if I don't like the new one I will probably finish the Burt's Bees. Wouldn't think twice about tossing it though. I wish this cleanser did more for my skin, because the feel, smell and ingredients are amazing...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by kar212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product, but i will say it is not for people with sensitive skin! For my skin this product worked really good, I have acne prone skin and this really helped, but did kind of dry out my skin. the dryness of my skin for the cleanser doesnt really bother me becasue once I use my mousturizer I am good to go! I really hope this review helped, check out my swap items!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by blpbkp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I used this product, it had a significant stinging effect. In addition, it caused my skin to break out. I have sensitive skin and will not be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by kdcox

I have pretty acne-prone skin and other products including pro-active leave my skin feeling oily. This product does not do that. I do agree with some of the users that my face feels like it has a residue when using it. However, after a couple of minutes... this goes away and my skin feels soft. I have noticed a change in the appearance of my skin. As of now, my skin has a more even tone and is less prone to acne.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Since moving to Chicago from New York, I've been having troubles with my usual face cleanser (Neutrogena Pore Refining) - what was perfect in one city was killing my skin in another, making it dry and crackly. Burts Bees has solved the problem, leaving me with soft vibrant skin, the perfect canvas for applying serums or moisturisers. Agree with the other reviewer that it reminds me of Noxema (ahhh memories!) but far gentler. I don't see the film either, but then again, I take care to rinse my skin for a good 90 seconds to make sure everything comes off. Even good for eye make up! All in all, a lovely reasonably priced face cleanser - give it a go!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by ut0pia88

It just didn't make a difference. After using it, I didn't feel like my skin was even clean. It was still oily...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by aneffigy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is great cleanser, especially as a wake-up in the morning. The menthol in it gives my face a great tingly feeling, and it smells like fresh limes and soap. It doesn't inflame my face, which was a worry of mine when I first tried it. I got a sample size at an event and went out to buy the full tube a few days later! Leaves my skin very soft and smooth so makeup can go on easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by hmkramer

Doesn't do much, leaves a film... really not impressed. I love Burt's in general, but this one is not a winner.