August 23, 2014 | 940 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Deep Cleansing Cream with Soap Bark and Chamomile

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by blpbkp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I used this product, it had a significant stinging effect. In addition, it caused my skin to break out. I have sensitive skin and will not be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by kdcox

I have pretty acne-prone skin and other products including pro-active leave my skin feeling oily. This product does not do that. I do agree with some of the users that my face feels like it has a residue when using it. However, after a couple of minutes... this goes away and my skin feels soft. I have noticed a change in the appearance of my skin. As of now, my skin has a more even tone and is less prone to acne.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Since moving to Chicago from New York, I've been having troubles with my usual face cleanser (Neutrogena Pore Refining) - what was perfect in one city was killing my skin in another, making it dry and crackly. Burts Bees has solved the problem, leaving me with soft vibrant skin, the perfect canvas for applying serums or moisturisers. Agree with the other reviewer that it reminds me of Noxema (ahhh memories!) but far gentler. I don't see the film either, but then again, I take care to rinse my skin for a good 90 seconds to make sure everything comes off. Even good for eye make up! All in all, a lovely reasonably priced face cleanser - give it a go!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by ut0pia88

It just didn't make a difference. After using it, I didn't feel like my skin was even clean. It was still oily...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by aneffigy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is great cleanser, especially as a wake-up in the morning. The menthol in it gives my face a great tingly feeling, and it smells like fresh limes and soap. It doesn't inflame my face, which was a worry of mine when I first tried it. I got a sample size at an event and went out to buy the full tube a few days later! Leaves my skin very soft and smooth so makeup can go on easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by hmkramer

Doesn't do much, leaves a film... really not impressed. I love Burt's in general, but this one is not a winner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by pillager

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went to the store to get a cheap cleanser. I'm trying to purchase more natural products and Burt's Bees Deep Cleansing Cream is definitely not cheap. But it smells wonderful and leaves my face feeling refreshed (kind of feels and smells like Noxema, in a good way!) Haven't noticed any break outs yet, so am crossing my fingers. Overall, a decent product that doesn't seem to dry out my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by snyder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Didn't work as great as I hoped. It would be a good product for someone with dry skin that has no problems with breakouts. It left my skin feeling like there was a film on it and my skin got oily more quickly then usual. I gave it to my DH since he has pretty normal skin. It was a little pricey for a ho-hum product as well ($8). I went back to my Neutrogena.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by db001990

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The smell was nice but I didn't really like the way the cream went on, also it didn't seem to soak into my skin like other cream cleansers I've used and liked. The worst part was the burning of my eyes, I didn't put it near my eyes, just my forehead and on my cheeks, not under the eyes or on the eyelids, and my eyes which are normally not sensitive, were burning. I will be returning this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by rocknrollgrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it! I didn't go to the store with the intention to buy a product like this. I've tried cream cleansers before and I've never been thrilled by them. But I didn't see any other types of Burt's cleansers for sale where I was shopping, and WOW am I glad I gave this a try!

My skin has seen a dramatic improvement in just 2 uses of this product. I have oily skin that is a bit acne prone, I also have large pores and deal with blackheads on my nose and a bit on my chin. For some reason I had been breaking lately, which is unusual for me. I used this cleanser last night and this morning, and my skin has pretty much done a complete turn-around. I've also been using Dickinson's Witch Hazel facial toner twice a day (after cleansing), so I'm sure that's helped a lot as well. But I didn't see a difference like this until I used the BB's cleanser.

I will definitely update once I've finished the tube. But so far so great!

UPDATE: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! This is my HG cleanser!

I don’t think some people realize that since this is a mostly natural cleanser, your face isn’t going to feel like it does after using cleansers that are chock full of chemicals, including detergents (which is why they foam up so well and often leave your skin feeling “squeaky clean”….. ugh). I suggest that people only try products like this if they already know something about natural products (i.e. they're not supposed to act like products full of chemicals) and are really interested in using them.

As I think I stated previously, my skin is oily, but I’ve never felt like this product leaves a film like some have complained. I feel like it cleans my skin without stripping it of its natural oils. All the small under-the-skin bumps I’ve always had on my cheeks have gone away, and my skin basically just looks great.