August 21, 2014 | 1891 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2008 2:17:00 AM More reviews by yunhebao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

i got this to use as a primer because it claims to smooth out pores and uneven skin texture. Well it didn't do much of anything other than coating my face with another layer of un-needed moisturizer. I have some small pitted acne scars and this didn't do anything to fill them in. Other primers i've tried worked much better for me, such as DHC Velvet Skin and Bare Essential's PrimeTime.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by mrsmoonbeam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually have acne-free skin, but I broke out with huge acne after using this product; acne was on my forehead, nose, and below my lip. The product actually works well as a primer and creates a nice canvas for foundation. However, I was disappointed when I broke out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 1:39:00 AM More reviews by wanyilee

not suitable at all for oily skin, I didn't like the dewy texture, does not do much in terms of smoothing out skin for me :( I used it for one day under my regular tinted moisturizer + powder and by 30 minutes later my face was so oily and nasty looking that I had to rinse it off and reapply my make up without this. I guess it's probably not suitable for super oily skin. I gave this to my friend who has normal skin and so far she's liking it! Well at least this doesn't go into waste!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2008 6:56:00 PM More reviews by whoopwhoopwhoopy

This is an ok product. I've been wearing it under my makeup for several months now. It doesn't make my skin look any different than if I wore my moisturizer alone under my makeup. It does an ok job of controlling oil for a few hours for me. I don't feel like I have airbrushed skin, and my skin is not that bad to cover up. I will give it props for only having to use a small amount for my entire face and the tube seems like it will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryShortcake1

I just received a sample of this. I've been wearing it for a week. So far, I am loving it. I did exactly what is says "wait 2 min. before applying foundation" and my skin looks airbrushed all day. I never had to reapply powder throughout the day. My face never broke out nor released any oils. I suffer from oiliness around my t-zone during the day. So far, this product has done its job. I will definately purchase a full size tube of this forever! I hope Philosophy doesn't discontinue it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2008 7:16:00 AM More reviews by honey123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Despite checking the ingredients and doing a 24hr patch test this gave me an allergic reaction.

I used it in the morning as directed and my face looked marginally better for using it. And as directed in the pm over my moisturiser (Clinique antiredness solutions) and it gave me a rash on my neck.

This is the only new product I have introduced and am sending it back to QVC UK.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by oceanmist27

This is one of my favorite products ever. I wear it under my mineral powder and wow...my face looks smooth and almost flawless. I've noticed that it also keeps my makeup in place better and I don't have to retouch as often.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by switchbladie

i have a love hate relationship with this product. i use this everyday. it works. i once tried another primer and found myself missing this one.

at first i really hated it. the consitancy is like cake frosting or something. its white but if you rub it in enough it goes on clear. Read the label and wait a full 2 minutes before adding more make up or it will not work correctly.

it does not change the appearance of my face in anyway. the only thing its really good for is creating a seal on my face and helping makeup stay put. it does help stop my skin from getting super shiny and oily but it doesnt correct this problem completely.

i have used this product for a long time. and overall i like it. but after a while it becomes really waterly. like the ingredents in it seperate or something. so you have to shake it alot but even then it doesnt return to its orginal state. so i never get my moneys worth by using the full bottle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Sorry to be a naysayer but this stuff just makes my skin and makeup look really bad. I've tried it with many techniques and with different foundations and it's a no-go. I have enlarged pores on my cheeks and forehead and it did nothing but make them worse!! I put about a dime's worth on and let it sit for about 5 minutes and then a liquid or powder foundaiton and within an hour my makeup s rolling off my skin. I exfoliate regularly so it is not congested skin. Maybe I got a "bad" product, I don't know. I will stick with smashbox and pores no more which are far superior primers. In general, I'm not a total philosophy fan except for their body washes and micro-derm. I think they are overpriced on everything.

Update-Makes me breakout in cystic acne. UGHHH!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 2:36:00 PM More reviews by fifi_kitten

love love love this product! i've finally found a primer that actually works without breaking out my skin! this stuff really fills in pores making them virtually invisible. it also leaves your skin feeling very soft. as far as controlling oil, i can't say that it does a great job at that, but it doesn't make it worse either. i've used it under creme foundation, mineral makeup, and just a regular liquid foundation and every time my skin looked flawless. i've even used this by itself and i love it that way also! when used by itself, of course it doesn't offer any coverage, but it just kind of makes your skin look how it does when you take a picture with a filter...its kind of a cast that evens out your skin tone and just makes you look airbrushed. i love it! as far as the smell, its lavender, which i'm personally not too fond of, however it only lasts until its rubbed in. and you really only need a tiny amount for your whole face...i would say a pea size at most. this stuff is also good as a moisturizer for someone with normal skin. overall its great, and i think it might be HG material!