July 28, 2014 | 1144 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by xxpunkgirlrockxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I put a thick layer of yogurt on my face for 10-15 minutes and then I wash it off. After using this mask once, my skin instantly became smoother and my pimples got a little lighter . I <3 this mask and this is officially my HG mask. I discovered this awesome mask by watching one of bubzbeauty 's videos on Youtube, so thank you, Bubz! :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by ElleDuncan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for a home-made yogurt mask.

EDIT: April 3 2011:
I realized that GOAT YOGURT is WAY BETTER.
Read about it; the whole fat/protein/molecule absorption info I read means that cow's yogurt won't do close to what goat's will do for your skin. (think goats milk soap, not cows milk soap, right?)
So, read on, assuming you use Goat's yogurt only.
I tried this a few ways and many mornings and this is what I've found to be the best approach:

In a tiny tupperware container:

mix several tablespoons of Regular 3% or so Fat Goats Yogurt (or use higher-fat cows yogurt, but it must have the fat; 10% would be even better)
a few tablespoons of very finely ground oats (use your coffee grinder or spice grinder)
make a fairly thick paste consistency and use it over the next several days- it will get thicker and you can add more yogurt if you like.

I put a layer on my skin as soon as I get up and leave it on for ten minutes until dried.
Then gently with a face cloth and warm water remove it all, exfoliating a bit with the oat bits as I go. If you have inflamed skin eruptions, don't do any rubbing or scrubbing, just pat it off gently with a very soaked cloth.

I can't believe how SOFT the skin is after, how SMALL PORES are, and the PERFECTLY PRIMED texture for moisturizer/makeup, etc

I use a homemade toner after as usual; that's half distilled witch hazel with half mineral water (no longer carbonated! ...use leftovers after a wine spritzer!)

This yogurt treatment is so cheap and fast and easy and beats the hell out of tons of pricey stuff I've used in the "soothing mask" category from Clarins, Lancome, etc.
It really helps combat the dryness and irritation left over from drying treatments for acne, which I am still coping with.

Thanks again MUA folks for turning me onto this home-made pleasure.
PS: it smells and even tastes good to have on! But I can't get too close to my puppy or she thinks it's her job to take it off ha ha ha

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by eddiecatt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Yogurt is great by itself, but for those who can't stand the smell (it is a little sickly), you can always add honey to it. Think of yogurt as a base (like clay): this morning I made myself an antioxidant mask with yogurt, blueberries and chocolate powder. Very, very nice! I'm thinking of going to look for some matcha (green tea) to put in it next. Or even some powdered kelp for a seaweed mask. The possibilities are endless ...

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by MissLivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The angels sing in honor of this product! Lol, just kidding...but the yogurt mask is fan-freaking-tastic. For those who have dehydrated combination skin...use this. now.
With that said, let's get down to the specifics. I used my typical clay mask last night, which, as good as it is, leaves my skin feeling dry and tight. I decided to use a moisturizing mask to replace the lost moisture (duh), so i turned to yogurt (specifically Chobani's "Champions" Honey-Banana Greek Yogurt). Now, although its a flavored yogurt, it is 100% natural, and it has honey and banana in it, which is fantastic for the skin (it also has a little turmeric in it for color, which is also good for acne...i figure there's not much, but any amount is better than none.) There's cane juice in it, but i figured a little sugar wouldn't be the bane of my skin's existence. I literally opened the container and slapped it on my skin. Left it on for 10 minutes while I was in the shower, then turned the water down so it was cool and washed it off. You know how your legs feel when you've just shaved with your favorite shaving cream? My face felt the same immediately after rinsing off the yogurt....so soft and smooth! But, unlike the clay mask, soft and smooth with a layer of moisture left on my skin. My skin felt so moisturized that i skipped my heavier night cream, and just used my daytime one. When i woke up, went through my normal morning routine, and then was at school for 7 hours....now, usually I'm starting to get greasy and shiny in my t zone by the end of the school day...some days worse, others better. But today, i was fine. Skin looked lovely all through school, and only just started to get slightly greasy at 7:30 at night! 7 stinkin 30. And i mean barely greasy. Holy baloney, I've never had such balanced skin ever. Love, love, love. If i have time to use this every night, i will lol. Or perhaps every other. HG!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by KayBBxo

I don't write reviews on here. Ever. Until I decided to give this a go and just HAD to rave how INCREDIBLE this product is. I can't stress it enough!!!
Why the hell did I waited all these years to try this???!?!?

I have patchy dry skin on my cheeks and nose, especially during this harsh winter in the Northeast. I lotioned my face like crazyyy every night but it barely helped. Was then browsing MUA and came across this product.. and lo and behold, I happened to have a giant jar of Greek Yogurt in the fridge. Smothered it on, left for an hour, washed it off, and I could tell my face have gotten smoother, the pores have shrunk, and the red has lessened! By just ONE use!
Later on, I went shopping and happened to be in the dressing room of Macy's and you know how dressing rooms are.. the lights are usually bright as heck so i thought it was just my poor bathroom lighting playing tricks on me. But NOPE! Even after hours of applying the mask, my skin retained the smoothness from the yogurt and Macy's dressing room mirror definitely don't lie!
I've been applying it daily for an hour, sometimes 30 min. if I don't have the time (I actually have it on right now, while typing this!), and it's only been a week. My skin texture have improved SO SO MUCH!! It feels so smooth and LONG GONE are the dry patches!!! My pores have gotten so much smaller and I can HONESTLY say that my skin has never looked this great since I was 14, lol.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS! DON'T EVEN HESITATE. GO OUT RIGHT NOW AND GRAB YOURSELF SOME PLAIN GREEK YOGURT. THIS PRODUCT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. And for less than $4 a tub? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

And as far as acne control, I see the yogurt as a healing agent more like a previous poster had said, rather than an acne prevention.

LOVEEE THIS, I WILL SWEAR BY THIS TIL I DIE ! ALLLL HAIL THE YOGURT!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

chalk me up as another believer! wow, this does WONDERS for my incredibly sensitive skin! i've been battling issues with breakouts for a couple years now. as a teen, my skin was very clear. when i was about 19/20, it started catching up to me. i never had acne, but here & there breakouts that were caused by whatever my sensitive skin didn't like.

i read up on nearly every review posted here before i made my decision. i wanted to be sure i purchased the right thing, mixed it well & applied it right. to be honest, right now, i'm just using the plain greek yogurt. i do want to add lemon juice & possibly honey, but so far, just the yogurt works wonders for me.

i cleanse/exfoliate my face thoroughly at night. i don't use this mask every night, but every-other. i apply about a 1/2 tbsp of greek yogurt to my face. i just slather it on with my fingers (i do want to purchase a cheapie foundation brush for application, though) the mask is refreshing from the start because it's nice & cold. i'll leave it on anywhere from 15-30 minutes & just rinse it off with cold water. after that, i tone with witch hazel & wha-la! my skin is more clear than ever! it's soft, supple, smooth & SO clear! a lot of people have noticed the difference & the best part, is that i don't have to hide any blemishes with cakey makeup. i am so pleased with this.

i've experienced an eensy bit of itchiness. i actually have a mask on right now & it is so hard to not itch my nose. i'm wiggling it around, hoping the itch will stop, hahah. anyways, you gotta try it! it's so inexpensive & easy!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Bambookit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Thanks to the reviewers here at MUA, I found out about this "miracle" product! It's cheap AND it's effective, what more could one ask for? It gives my skin a healthy glow and makes it smoother, even my mom noticed the difference and started using it!

I use full fat, plain Greek yogurt and added some lemon juice, put it on my face, leave it on for about 30 minutes, rinse, and dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by senoritasatan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

i love this so much! especially with some raw honey in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by storminateacup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I swear there must be some kind of magic in this stuff. It's fantastic, and I have the most sensitive, stupid, acne-prone, crazy skin in the world. It leaves the skin soft, and radiant, and much calmer. I recently accidentally over-exfoliated (I'm using Retin-A and a little too much wash cloth action left my poor skin red, raw, dry and huge pored) and I slapped some yogurt on it and I swear: so much less red and painful afterwards. Probably a reduction of about 75% in twenty minutes.

If anyone's wondering if it's just an old wive's tale (I was, before I tried it): it's not. I was curious so I looked it up; yogurt works because it's lactic acid. Lactic acid is in a lot of the posh face masks, and apparently it's far more gentle than the other facial acids. Yogurt's just a really gentle way of getting lactic acid onto your face without a) piling it up with other chemicals or b) having it too strong.

When your skin is struggling, this is really amazing. I used to put aspirin in it, but my skin couldn't handle it, so now it's just pure yogurt all the way. LOVE. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by sarah2202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is great! I bought organic Greek yogurt, full fat, for about $5. I wouldn't have tried this if I hadn't found out it works b/c of the lactic acid, I'm so glad I gave it a shot! I put a teaspoon on for an hour, then rinse and follow with sulfur soap. It dries quickly and it never drips.

It leaves my skin feeling very soft. I have to follow with soap though, because otherwise I smell like cream cheese all night. I think it has helped prevent some PMS pimples from forming. My hyperpigmentation marks seem to be fading already, after only 3 nights of use! They look lighter to me, more pink. Using 6% glycolic every night for three weeks didn't make as much difference as this mask has so far.

It also made my skin feel clean, which I wasn't expecting. I gave the packaging a 3 but really, the people who make this yogurt don't package their product for people who want to use it on their face. I just wish I could find an individual cup size rather than a big 500 g tub. =)

I am really happy with and surprised by the results so far. =)

This is definitely an HG item for me but I will not re-buy until I have used up some of my expensive products. The next time I buy, I will try mixing it with some lemon juice for some extra lightening power.

P.S. If anyone knows approximately what % of lactic acid power is in a Greek yogurt mask, please PM me! I am going to venture into the world of MUAC soon and the first stop is the 40% lactic acid peel, so it would be nice to have some comparison.