December 17, 2014 | 1754 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Little0Miss

This is amazing! My skin is super sensitive and was under a fierce breakout due to some too-harsh exfoliation on my part. My face was very red and I was getting at least one new pimple each day. I had had my skin under control for the most part after trying this new exfoliation and was upset when I took a wrong turn. So, I slapped on some of this stuff (I had used it a few times before) and the first time I used it the redness in my face was GREATLY diminished. I've used it several times since then (some times with turmeric) and have seen great results in less than a week. It is getting my skin back under control and I will be using nothing but yogurt for my weekly mask/exfoliation as it seems to be just perfect for me and my skin. Totally recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This morning I went for a run and when I come back my face is always beat red. On a whim I decided to pile plain yogurt on my face. The smell kind of grossed me out at first, but when I rinsed it off 20 min later, my face was totally calmed down and glowing!! This is an amazing home remedy. I've heard of it before but was skeptical until now. Try it, theres nothing to lose here! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by jusbrooks32

I love this mask soooo much! I have always been one of the beauty consumers that thinks that it needs to be a high end or fancy product to work, up until this last year. Now my outlook is bring on the home remedies!!

This mask is just wonderful! The lactic acid in the yogurt really brightens, exfoliates and hydrates the skin. It is also very cooling which is wonderfull too, especially in the desert.

I have noticed, you do need to leave it on minumum 20 minutes, if not 30. I have left it on for 10 and hardly notice a difference, so make sure to give it plenty of time.

Highly highly recommend! Give it a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Ohbabyyoureaclassic

I have had issues with moderate acne for the past year and am turning to all natural solutions. After my monthly breakout, I decided to try this mask. It is was a miracle! I will continue to use this mask once a week for the rest of my life!

Recipe I used:
1 Heaping tablespoon of Organic Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt (from Trader Joes)
1 Heaping tablespoon of Raw Organic Honey (also from Trader Joes)
2 (appx.) tablespoons of Quick Oats (just add to the mixture until it is no longer watery)

Step 1: Make mixture in a small bowl and stir.
Step 2: Try to get it spread evenly over your face. (using a spoon, or your fingers if you can tolerate the texture)
Step 3: Leave it for 30 minutes.
Step 4: Wipe off the oats with a paper towel and leave residue for another 15 minutes.
Step 5: Wash face with water.

DURING THE MASK:
Pros:
-Cooling sensation
Cons:
- Looks like vomit (literally...)
- Kind of messy when trying to apply
- Can't stand/sit vertically while full mask is or or it will slide off and get everywhere.

AFTER REMOVAL OF THE MASK:
Pros:
-Reduction in pore size
-Reduction of blackhead size
-Major reduction in redness
-Small bumps/incoming zits disappeared
-Extreme hydration
-No need to apply moisturizer afterwards
-Maybe less oil production?
Cons:
-None!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by pocketelf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I love the experience of a yogurt mask. I especially enjoy the cooling sensation and how it brightens my face. The acidophilus in the yogurt helps prevent breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Use with caution. After reading all the great reviews, I decided to give this a try. I used plain yogurt all over my face and after about 2 full minutes, my face started to sting. I tried to ignore it but couldn't. I ran to the bathroom and washed it off. Prior to using this mask, my skin was finally beginning to clear up. Now its broken out again! And its a bad breakout. If this is what this mask did to me after only 2 minutes, then I wonder how my face would have looked after the full 15 minutes that I planned to wear it for! If you are acne prone like me, I would beware of this mask. I washed it off about ten minutes ago and it still stings a little. I won't use this ever again!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I recently have been using this homemade mask to see how it would help to soften my skin. It's been doing a pretty good job so far. Definitely not a 'miracle worker', but not bad for making my skin feel soft. I use natural unflavoured yoghurt, or unflavoured greek yoghurt. Take about 2 tablespoons and add a small teaspoon of honey. Mix together, apply on face avoiding eye area with old foundation brush in a thin layer and sit back and relax for 10-15 mins. Wash off and apply moisturizer. My skin looks alot less red and feels incredibly soft afterwards! It must be the enzymes in yoghurt that help to soften skin?? I dunno, but great stuff and pretty cheap too. If it doesn't work for you, then you can always eat it up. Lol. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by GinaM98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Now that I have been applying yogurt masks daily for two weeks, I feel I am ready to write a review. For me, it's not the miracle product I see others raving about, but considering that a huge 32oz tub of yogurt cost me $3 and isn't marketed as a skincare product, I can't complaint too much.

This is the first time I've used lactic acid. I have dry skin around my nose and mouth from BP and I found that I needed less manual exfoliation when I used the yogurt masks. My existing acne seems to have dried out a bit, and so far I only see one new pimple forming. My skin feels a bit softer, but nothing remarkable. Overall, I have noticed a slight improvement, but it's nothing to write home about. Using these masks has sparked my interest in lactic acid, and I now feel like I am ready to try the MUAC lactic acid peels. With that said, I recommend anyone who has sensitive, acne prone skin try these masks just to see how your skin reacts to lactic acid. It's a cheap way to find out if your skin likes it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by poikilotherm

I LOVE doing yogurt masks. They are so relaxing and the only mask that doesn't feel drying or irritating. Calms redness like no other and keeps your skin feeling sooo clean and just great.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by ang31eyes

I just tried this mask tonight and the immediate results are fantastic. It calmed the redness I have on my cheeks and around my nose which I have been having issues getting rid of, and it has made my skin feel super soft. I have to continue with this obviously to see true results but so far so good!!!!