September 19, 2014 | 1655 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by rosecrane

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The pictures don't really capture the amount of yellow in this product. Someone even said it was pinkish, which it is not. I was excited to try it, sampled a bit on at Nordstroms and didn't go with my gut response and bought it. I realized that it just doesn't suit my skin tone. It's a pricy little product, and perhaps shouldn't be suggested for those of us with cool skin tones and pinkness, because this is just weird on. Ugh. The consistency is nice, there is a bit of creasing, but ONE of my warmer skinned friends will likely come to love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by alwells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product in hope of finding a replacement for Lancome's discontinued Blush Focus in Freeze-Frame. It's just not as good. :( So sad. I love the NARS Orgasm blush and had very high hopes for this product as well. It's just too shiny, yellowy for my cheeks and I barely apply any product. I will use a touch on décolletage, but avoid my face completely.

Wish Lancome would bring freeze-frame back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely pearl highlighter. I prefer this to the MAC vanilla pigment because I feel the finish is more subtle. I use this on top of my cheek bones after I've applied blush or bronzer. It gives skin a lovely glow. I will most definately repurchase.

For reference I am NW15, MUFE HD 115, and MUFE F&B 2 with combo/oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

NARS's Albatross Highlighting Powder is a light, golden shimmered powder. I like to use this as a cheekbone highlight. This product is great for anyone that's looking for a nice subtle glow. I take a paddle brush and dab it once in this product, and it's able to pick up a lot of product, so this blush/highlight is really blendable. This product also makes an amazing inner corner and brow bone highlight!

I recommend this product to anyone looking for a high quality, versatile product that's great for enhancing features like cheekbones and brow bones.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by anpatel3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have had this highlighter for a good couple of months, This is a great highlighter and its basically the best way to get the candleglow on your face. This is a very long lasting highlighter and easily the most pigmented powder EVER. I had some MAC highlighters, and they are good but when compared to the NARS Albatross, the quality definitely is quite apparent.

Even though I have been using this for A WHILE, I have yet to make any real dent on this blush, its still good as new and one of my favorites!

That being said, the packaging is HORRIBLE, it catches all the dirt and just gets really ick after being in my makeup bag (not that its that dirty) If they could just really find another way to repackage this product, it would be an amazing addition to any makeup routine

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by bella23000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, I'm a believer. I picked this up during the Sephora Beauty Insider promo so it was 15% off. First of all, even though I would totally purchase this again (if I ever needed to), I'd never pay full price for it. $38 is a lot for a highlighter or blush in my book so if I can get it during a promo or any F&F then I'm happy.

I used this yesterday which was Easter, which means a lot of pictures. O.M.G. I did not look like I was sweating or shiny in any of the pictures. I truly looked like I was emitting a glow from within. Looking in the mirror, I saw a golden reflective sheen on my cheeks. No shimmer. Albatross looks scarily white in the pan but it looks nothing like that when you swipe it on. You only need a bare tap to get ample product in your brush. I'm pretty heavy handed so I always have to be mindful of how much product I pick up from powder, blush, eyeshadow, highlighter, etc.

For reference, I'm NC42 (or so what my MAC SA has told me since I don't actually use that), NARS Barcelona. I think this is a great product for all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by auburngreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Exactly what I was looking for in a highlighter: a little bit of a sheen when it hits the light where I apply it. More golden than cool (I'm very fair), and doesn't look frosty or glittery. Can't live without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by jekki012

I never knew I needed highlighter until I used this stuff... it makes my skin look amazing! I prefer this over cream/liquid highlighters because it doesn't move my foundation around and it applies easily with a swipe of my angled brush. Also, for anyone that has issues with their makeup not photographing well, this stuff will bring your face back to life. It has a nice warm, almost pale yellow/golden glow that complements NARS Laguna very well. As for the price, it seems expensive, but as with all NARS products, a little bit goes a long way and I get the feeling that it will take a very long time to hit pan.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by princessali7

I love highlighters, and this one was good. However, I felt that it was JUST good. Didn't seem to be anything special to me, because I have a million other highlighters that stand way better than this one. The white hues can be a bit too unnatural, compared to other pink or berry toned highlighters. It is a good highlighter though & photographs beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by traciw24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading reviews had to try...love the look. When I first put it on I don't notice much of a difference then I move my face around against the light and totally see the difference. It makes my skin glowy...like you see in magazines...even hours later it is there...really makes me look fresh. LOVE IT! I was looking all over for that Kim K glow and finally googled it and found out this is what it is...so if you like her glowy look this will do it for ya.