December 19, 2014 | 1149 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by snazzalicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a product I use almost every day -- it gives my skin a lovely golden, dewy glow that really brightens up my face. Very finely milled, easy to put on with my MAC 187 brush. I usually put it on the top of my cheekbones over my NARS Orgasm blush, they compliment each other really well.

NARS' unfortunate packaging means that the outside quickly becomes "dirty", otherwise the packaging itself is sturdy and simple. The price is ridiculous in New Zealand so I bought mine for half the price over eBay.

My favourite highlighter, look forward to using it every time! Can definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by ckaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

GREAT STUFF! Adds the perfect glow to my skin. I add a little bit to my face for the work look and I add more when I am going out for a party. Makes my skin look great in pictures. However, I prefer this more as a party look and I use the SB shimmerlights highlighter as my every day makeup

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did my research before buying,but I just did not like this on my NW44 skin. It's too over the top for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

At first glance Albatross looks freakishly white in the pan, but once on the skin it turns into a golden sheen. If over applied it leaves a metallic almost green toned sheen to my face though. The texture is very smooth and velvety so glides onto the skin effortlessly. However for the price I expect more from a highlighter - it's nothing special and definately not worth the price! Lasting power is not so good at all either. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

NARS Albatross highlighter (0.16 oz for $27 usd) is a sheer golden sheen highlighter. Albatross looks very white in the pan but it applies very sheer and light adding a nice subtle warm tone. The golden shimmers are very finely milled and look natural on a skin. Albatross creates a pretty natural sheen on the cheeks without looking too harsh like Mac mineralize highlighter that I have use. There is no perfume or scent in the blush and the product comes in a black rubber rectangular package. If you are looking for a natural highlighter with a touch of a golden sheen, Albatross might be the one of you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Takota

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this highlighter.
It has a golden-ish glow to it. Even though I have cool skin tone I still adore this highlighter. For some this might be too glowy!! So if you do not like to have somewhat shimmery stuff on your face, you will not like Albatross. But if you dont mind it, you should really like it!!!
The most important for me is that its not glittery!!! But gives a glow!!! Love it!!!!!! Looooove it!!!!!
Will I buy it again.....of course!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by rosecrane

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The pictures don't really capture the amount of yellow in this product. Someone even said it was pinkish, which it is not. I was excited to try it, sampled a bit on at Nordstroms and didn't go with my gut response and bought it. I realized that it just doesn't suit my skin tone. It's a pricy little product, and perhaps shouldn't be suggested for those of us with cool skin tones and pinkness, because this is just weird on. Ugh. The consistency is nice, there is a bit of creasing, but ONE of my warmer skinned friends will likely come to love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by alwells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product in hope of finding a replacement for Lancome's discontinued Blush Focus in Freeze-Frame. It's just not as good. :( So sad. I love the NARS Orgasm blush and had very high hopes for this product as well. It's just too shiny, yellowy for my cheeks and I barely apply any product. I will use a touch on décolletage, but avoid my face completely.

Wish Lancome would bring freeze-frame back!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely pearl highlighter. I prefer this to the MAC vanilla pigment because I feel the finish is more subtle. I use this on top of my cheek bones after I've applied blush or bronzer. It gives skin a lovely glow. I will most definately repurchase.

For reference I am NW15, MUFE HD 115, and MUFE F&B 2 with combo/oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

NARS's Albatross Highlighting Powder is a light, golden shimmered powder. I like to use this as a cheekbone highlight. This product is great for anyone that's looking for a nice subtle glow. I take a paddle brush and dab it once in this product, and it's able to pick up a lot of product, so this blush/highlight is really blendable. This product also makes an amazing inner corner and brow bone highlight!

I recommend this product to anyone looking for a high quality, versatile product that's great for enhancing features like cheekbones and brow bones.