Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo

3.8

Oryza sativa (rice) starch, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, kaolin, silica, acrylates copolymer, tapioca starch, fragrance, oryza sativa (rice) brain oil, beta glucan, avena sativa (oat) bran extract, rice amino acids, magnesium carbonate, hectorite, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, chloroxylenol. MAY contain: titanium dioxide.

on 8/18/2008 2:41:00 PM

My only complaint with this dry shampoo product is that I think I would prefer it in an aresol instead of powder form. The scent can smell a little "bathroom cleanser" at first but it doesn't seem to make my hair smell like that; just deodorizes it. I can imagine someone with dark hair would have a hard time combing this powder through without leaving white residue but since I'm an unnatural blonde it can only help if my dark roots are showing ; ) I will use it up but I probably won't re-buy until I have tried others.

Pros: Deodorizes. Adds volume. Absorbs oil.
Cons: Think an aresol would be better. Price is a bit much.

I don't leave home without my Pronto Dry Shampoo.
Well, when I travel away from home for a bit, at least.

I only wash two times a week, and it's this stuff that gets me through all that time without washing.

I apply it by taking small yet long partings with a rat-tail comb, then I GENTLY sprinkle the dry shampoo along the parting (don't squeeze or there will be one heck of a mess). I rub it in with my fingertips and then thoroughly brush.
For obscure parts like the back and sides, I simply apply to the section by applying the powder to my fingertips, then I rub it in and brush.

The smell does remind me a bit of washing-up liquid or lemon Pledge... but it's not off-putting. It's actually kind of a nice scent to refresh the hair. Besides, it dissipates rather quickly.

This brings new life to my hair, as it volumizes once limp hair, and eliminates any odour. I often use it in conjunction with the protein spray, as both seem to really clean things up in between shampoos -- even if I've used a lot of product in my hair.

I have black hair and am able to use this without a white, dulling residue being left on my hair. It's all about the careful application and thorough brushing.

I find that using a natural bristle brush or a nylon bristle brush (in the fashion of a natural bristle brush) works best.
This is all I use on my hair, any how.

I suppose you can find a cheaper alternative in the 'ethnic' section of your local beauty supply. I prefer this because of the scent, and because it comes in a convenient travel size that I can just bung in my purse and go.

This is definitely a staple for me!

on 8/11/2008 1:31:00 PM

I have straight, normal, virgin hair with somewhat oily roots. My hair doesn't feel cleaner when I use Pronto Dry, but it doesn't look as limp and oily as it might on a no-wash day. I have black hair and the color isn't greyed by a white film, not do I look like I have dandruff (but do remember to brush your hair thoroughly after applying this stuff).

In terms of using this stuff, the best method for me was to squirt a bit of product onto my fingertips (more precise than palm) and quickly rub it into my scalp where I want it to go, almost like I'm shampooing. Then I go back for more and repeat all over my head, concentrating on my hairline and part. Then I brush my hair thoroughly.

I think the packaging is fine. The slender nozzle doesn't spill out too much product at once. It's a disaster if you try applying it directly to your hair since it's hard to control, hard to see what you're doing and I guarantee you that too much will come out. I dislike the strong lemon fragrance, which is reminiscent of household cleaning products. I would really prefer an unscented product. The price is not awful, but a bit much for what is basically glorified talcum/body powder. The texture is dryer and a little less clumpy but that's the only difference I can detect.

This is my first dry shampoo, and it's OK but I think I want to test a few others before repurchasing this one.

on 7/31/2008 1:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Great product! I have tried both the powder and the spray and I agree with others: don't bother with the spray, but the powder is excellent.

Oddly like other spray dry shampoo reviews I've read, I got about 2 uses out of the spray and then it was empty! But I took a chance with the powder and so glad I did. You do have to be careful to not put too much in one spot/part -only becasue then you have to rub out excess "white" - but just go slow/light to get the hang of it. This stuff is a lifesaver to get rid of oil.

Great for travel also.

on 7/29/2008 5:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I LOVE this product. It soaked up all of my oil! I can have a lot in my hair. The powder is much better than the spray. I have platinum blonde hair so I do not have the white build up issue. I also have color in my hair right now. This product is helping me cut way down on shampoos and helping my color stay in longer! It allows me to keep volume in my fine limp hair. It also does away with odors too! I used this for 3 days straight. I have never gone more than 2 days without shampooing my hair. This is a new must have at all times product for me. After trying other dry shampoos, and Blandi's spray, I am in love with the powder! =) The powder lasts a lot longer than the spray.

on 7/27/2008 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I find that this dry shampoo does not work any better than regular baby powder or Gold Bond powder used in my hair. I don't have very oily hair but sometimes I need a bit of something to help it out so I don't have to wash it quite so often. This product is ok and smells lemon lovely but I will not be repurchasing it. Too costly imo!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

love this stuff...didnt buy the spray coz i heard it runs out quickly....i bring this with me every time i go to the gym...my hair is sweaty and gross and i use this stuff afterwards to refresh it and it makes it smell so lemony n yummy!

on 7/24/2008 10:11:00 AM

This stuff is really great. I have long, colored hair and washing it is a real pain, not to mention my color fades the more I wash it. Now when my hair starts to look oily i just put some of the pronto powder on my hands and run it through my hair and my hair looks and smells very nice!! I bought the small travel size bottle and it's lasted me a very long time! I will definitely buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is way better than the spray form, but I still am not a fan. I agree with the reviewer below that I would spend more time on my hair when using this than if I wasn't because I would have to rub it in and then style it to make it look okay. It did not soak up the oil in my hair as well as I think it should. I do not have a very oily scalp and this still barely changed the appearance of my day-old hair. I thought I liked the lemon scent, but when my boyfriend and friends said that they thought they smelled house cleaner, I decided that they were right. I like Ojon's more. Even Salon Grafix dry shampoo is better, and it's a fraction of the price.

on 7/20/2008 8:15:00 PM

I definitely wouldn't buy this again. While I actually like the fresh lemon scent, and it does soak up grease and add volume for me, it doesn't make styling my hair any easier. I'm blond, but the white powder still made my hair color look odd, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get all the powder worked through my hair. I also have a hard time getting my hair to look okay if I don't get it wet after I've slept on it. I ended up spending more time getting ready on my dry shampoo days. The main reason I bought the dry shampoo is because I wanted to take a break from daily shampooing and hopefully end up with healthier hair. Unfortunately, I suspect that using Pronto is actually harsher on my hair than daily shampooing. When I accidentally spill some on my cherry wood vanity, it actually removes the finish, so it doesn't seem like an especially gentle product. I'm severely disappointed and wish I wouldn't have spent the money.