August 22, 2014 | 2042 users online

Dry Shampoo - Oscar Blandi - Pronto Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by melaniex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is really great. I have long, colored hair and washing it is a real pain, not to mention my color fades the more I wash it. Now when my hair starts to look oily i just put some of the pronto powder on my hands and run it through my hair and my hair looks and smells very nice!! I bought the small travel size bottle and it's lasted me a very long time! I will definitely buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2008 4:35:00 AM More reviews by whoopwhoopwhoopy

This is way better than the spray form, but I still am not a fan. I agree with the reviewer below that I would spend more time on my hair when using this than if I wasn't because I would have to rub it in and then style it to make it look okay. It did not soak up the oil in my hair as well as I think it should. I do not have a very oily scalp and this still barely changed the appearance of my day-old hair. I thought I liked the lemon scent, but when my boyfriend and friends said that they thought they smelled house cleaner, I decided that they were right. I like Ojon's more. Even Salon Grafix dry shampoo is better, and it's a fraction of the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

I definitely wouldn't buy this again. While I actually like the fresh lemon scent, and it does soak up grease and add volume for me, it doesn't make styling my hair any easier. I'm blond, but the white powder still made my hair color look odd, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get all the powder worked through my hair. I also have a hard time getting my hair to look okay if I don't get it wet after I've slept on it. I ended up spending more time getting ready on my dry shampoo days. The main reason I bought the dry shampoo is because I wanted to take a break from daily shampooing and hopefully end up with healthier hair. Unfortunately, I suspect that using Pronto is actually harsher on my hair than daily shampooing. When I accidentally spill some on my cherry wood vanity, it actually removes the finish, so it doesn't seem like an especially gentle product. I'm severely disappointed and wish I wouldn't have spent the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by GoldenGurly02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the little travel size from Sephora during checkout (checkouts there can be dangerous!) and absolutely LOVE it! I've been using it nearly everyday to give life back to my hair. The smell is fresh...sort of lemony-like. This morning, I washed my hair with a shampoo and conditioner I don't normally use and when I blow-dried, my hair looked flat and greasy. I put some of this in my hand, flipped my head over, ran my hands all through my hair, flipped my head back over and GORGEOUS! I'm tempted to purchase the full-size bottle when my travel size is all out as I really like how this works for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised I didn't review this before. I really like this (powder)! I don't find the scent overpowering, rather I find it clean and summery. A reviewer below wrote:

"if you're looking in the mirror and asking yourself 'does my hair look greasy? can I go out like this? do I need to put it up?' this dry shampoo will sort you right out."

I completely agree this is the best usage for this product. It gives a boost of volume, a fresh scent, and takes away the oiliness on the scalp. It's not a miracle product, but I use it every so often when I'm too lazy to wash& dry my hair and it just needs a 'boost.'

I took away one lippie b/c it is rather pricey as well as the packaging not being the most convienient.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Topi48

Worked fine by me, but ran out after only two uses!!! Much too expensive and not worthy. I will gladly go back to baby powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by n0nplusultra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is pretty much utter crap. I can get better results with just using baby powder. The product is really hard to get out of the hair, I feel like I do more work with the dry shampoo than I do just washing it. Not to mention, your skin will be covered in weird lemon scented powder. I spend 24 bucks on a product that ran out after 3 uses!! Don't waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2008 2:08:00 AM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

I don't like washing my hair everyday, so I've been trying to find a dry shampoo to help with the "in between" days. Pronto is not the product I've been searching for.
I wanted this to be a quick and easy fix on days when I don't wash my hair, but using this stuff takes up way more time than shampooing and styling does. I have to spray it on, and then wait for it to dry. It never makes my hair look very clean the first spray, so I have to go back and spray more of it. I ended up using nearly half the bottle just to get my hair looking somewhat decent. Then, my hair looked clean and fresh for maybe 10 minutes before it started looking dirty again. I don't have overly greasy hair, so I have no idea why this product doesn't work for me.

I used the 22 dollar bottle all of 3 or 4 times before I ran out. You don't get a lot of this stuff for your money.
Plus, I really can't stand lemon scented hair products. They all remind me too much of lemon pledge, and quite frankly that's something I would never want to use on my hair.

Finally, the amount of product fall-out is annoying. After spraying this on I have to spend forever brushing and brushing and brushing my hair just to get out all the white dust Pronto leaves behind. Sometimes I would brush my hair hours later and I would STILL find white dust coating my brush bristles. Who has time to deal with all that? I'd be better off just wearing a hat on the days when I don't shampoo.

The one good thing about Pronto is that it really did add lots of volume to my hair. But that alone is not enough to make me repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Lynn_Hacker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is pretty expensive for fancy baby powder, but it works much better than baby powder for second day hair. The applicator helps get just a bit into your scalp. Massage it in and it eliminates the greasies and adds volume. I shampoo my hair every other day and I really need this in the summer when my head gets sweaty. I have curly hair and will also use it for many days after a salon blowout.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by CaliBello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've always used spray dry shampoos, afraid of the powder mess but now I'm hooked on this. I bought the small travel size since it's something I will only use on a really, really bad dirty day. lol It's actually pretty easy to apply the powder from the little tip and it doesn't leave a white residue. The smell is really nice. It soaks up oil and at the very least leaves your hair clean smelling.