Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

This stuff has changed my life! Before I used this my pits would get moist for no reason - even when I wasn't hot and I'd get big wet pit stains (forget about silk). I don't think my armpits have even gotten moist since using this, and odor has been reduced significantly too. I only apply crystal deodorant in the morning, and this stuff is not high power by any means. On the downside, it does itch for about an hour after putting it on (which is a real pain when you're trying to sleep). Also, the applicator lets a little too much drip out and it takes a few minutes to dry, but overall I'd take itchy pits any day over embarrassing underarm wetness. I will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I should mention that I never needed this type of product growing up in Southern California. However, moving to Texas and experiencing my first summer changed things.
I tried everything to reduce the perspiration and found that I could wear my clothes (mainly suits at that time) just once before they had to be cleaned. This is the product that saved me at least $100 a month on dry cleaning.
It lives up to it's promise. I still apply it nightly on days where I don't shave my underarms (you will experience stinging on freshly shaved skin). It works wonders. There is nothing else in the drugstore that works as well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

For reference, I use the original roll on formula at night, and the scented stick in the morning. I've been using this for a few months, and I find that it works extremely well. I experience little to no sweating (and I live in Georgia, USA, people---it's hot). I used to have really, really bad sweating problems and get hideous pit stains Even On Black shirts. It was awful. Now that doesn't happen at all. I love this product so much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I know this is going to sound dramatic, but I HATE THIS PRODUCT. I'll tell a little story. Four years ago, I was one sweaty little girl, and I'd tried so many different antiperspirants and they'd never worked for me. So when I heard about this antiperspirant, it was something new to me and the reviews were good. I rushed out and bought it in a whim. For the first week it stung and burned my skin but I figured, what the hell, it's gotten good reviews so it HAS to work on me. Oh, it worked. I was totally dry...for about two weeks. And then it just stopped working on me. I don't know what the hell happened, but suddenly it was completely ineffective for me. And that's when I began to notice my underarms were starting to darken. Day after day they were getting darker and darker. I tried vitamin E, mild bleaching creams...nothing happened--the discoloration remained. Well guess what? Four damn years later and I still have that discoloration. And during those four years I have tried nearly every "solution" ever discovered. Lemon juice. Vitamin E. Emu oil. Vitamin K. Hydroquinone. Kojic acid. Peels. And so many more that it would take ages to list. Obviously it's not a superficial discoloration I have, because I've peeled so many goddamn layers off my skin and the huge brown marks are still there. I still feel self-conscious going out in a bathing suit and I completely avoid wearing sleeveless tops altogether. It is for this reason that I dread summertime. I wish I could go back in time and tell my four-years-ago-self to never use this antiperspirant. I'd warn you all to never use this antiperspirant...but this is just my experience. Maybe it'll work for you, but it completely effed up my underarms and a huge part of my self-confidence. I've tried everything to fix this problem with the exception of laser treatment, and I don't even know how in the hell I would be able to pay for that or even get my parents' approval.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been using this product for a couple a months and some days the products works and some days it doesnt. On the days it does work there is no sweat at all! PERIOD! But maybe I will use the A.M one to see if it works better. There's also a stick one just like the roll on. Maybe I will try that.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

It works!!! Keeps you as dry as a baby!

This works.

I have had mild hyperhydrosis—I sweat through shirts—since puberty. Nothing works. Mitchum, "clinical strength", whatever.

So I'd have to dress to accomodate this. Seriously, the sweat stains were BAD even when it wasn't hot and I wasn't nervous.

ANYWAY

Certain Dri actually works. It worked from the first application, but I really started to see results once I used it consistently. And it has LESS aluminum than most antiperspirants in stores. Seriously, check the labels.

I paid 8$ CDN for this. Sometimes I skip a day and am fine, but I recommend you apply it at least every other day. LET IT DRY AND APPLY IT AT NIGHT. I can't stress that enough, it does make a difference. Also, I roll on a good, wet layer of the stuff. Just make sure it's really coated on there but not rolling off you (it's a liquid).

I may have to buy this in bulk.

Okay, I live in Texas, I have severe hyperhydrosis, moderate anxiety, AND I'm PMS'ing, which means I'm suffering from major hot flashes right now. Needless to say, I have some issues with underarm sweating. I can't even wear white or bright colored shirts because they will exacerbate pit stains :( I tried this stuff for the first time last night and I was about 50% dryer today..I'm REALLY hoping this works after giving it some more time. I've literally tried everything, and I'm starting to feel a bit helpless. It can be 10 degrees outside and my shirts will look like I just ran a marathon. PLEASE LET THIS WORK! I will update after a few more days..fingers crossed.

****UPDATE****
I have been using this for a week and have noticed a SUBSTANTIAL difference! This product has decreased my perspiration by about 80%, which is just wonderful. I almost feel comfortable enough to wear white shirts again! :)

OH MY GOODNESS! I am in the same boat as the previous poster, this has changed my life!!! I used to sweat ridiculously, even during the winter! It was horrible for all of my shirts. I had to stop wearing white shirts! But now, omg, there's no BIT of sweating at the end of the day. My pits are completely dry.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This product changed my life. I know that I sound dramatic but it really did. I used to be horribly embarrassed by my excessive underarm sweating. And I would ruin so many clothes. I began using Certain Dri and my sweat troubles went away. I don't even have to use it all the time anymore-- just occasionally for maintenance. People talk about using botox for sweating but I would try this 1st. I don't know how good this it for my body but I would have done almost anything to stop the excessive sweating.