Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

on 5/16/2010 1:12:00 PM

This works.

I have had mild hyperhydrosis—I sweat through shirts—since puberty. Nothing works. Mitchum, "clinical strength", whatever.

So I'd have to dress to accomodate this. Seriously, the sweat stains were BAD even when it wasn't hot and I wasn't nervous.

ANYWAY

Certain Dri actually works. It worked from the first application, but I really started to see results once I used it consistently. And it has LESS aluminum than most antiperspirants in stores. Seriously, check the labels.

I paid 8$ CDN for this. Sometimes I skip a day and am fine, but I recommend you apply it at least every other day. LET IT DRY AND APPLY IT AT NIGHT. I can't stress that enough, it does make a difference. Also, I roll on a good, wet layer of the stuff. Just make sure it's really coated on there but not rolling off you (it's a liquid).

I may have to buy this in bulk.

on 5/13/2010 7:33:00 PM

Okay, I live in Texas, I have severe hyperhydrosis, moderate anxiety, AND I'm PMS'ing, which means I'm suffering from major hot flashes right now. Needless to say, I have some issues with underarm sweating. I can't even wear white or bright colored shirts because they will exacerbate pit stains :( I tried this stuff for the first time last night and I was about 50% dryer today..I'm REALLY hoping this works after giving it some more time. I've literally tried everything, and I'm starting to feel a bit helpless. It can be 10 degrees outside and my shirts will look like I just ran a marathon. PLEASE LET THIS WORK! I will update after a few more days..fingers crossed.

****UPDATE****
I have been using this for a week and have noticed a SUBSTANTIAL difference! This product has decreased my perspiration by about 80%, which is just wonderful. I almost feel comfortable enough to wear white shirts again! :)

OH MY GOODNESS! I am in the same boat as the previous poster, this has changed my life!!! I used to sweat ridiculously, even during the winter! It was horrible for all of my shirts. I had to stop wearing white shirts! But now, omg, there's no BIT of sweating at the end of the day. My pits are completely dry.

on 5/4/2010 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This product changed my life. I know that I sound dramatic but it really did. I used to be horribly embarrassed by my excessive underarm sweating. And I would ruin so many clothes. I began using Certain Dri and my sweat troubles went away. I don't even have to use it all the time anymore-- just occasionally for maintenance. People talk about using botox for sweating but I would try this 1st. I don't know how good this it for my body but I would have done almost anything to stop the excessive sweating.

on 4/22/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Good stuff. I used to buy it in local drugstores for only $5. I think the price in recent years went up to $6 but I can't find it in stores anymore. So I ordered Maxim (an equivalent product) online which used to be a thicker lotion roll-on but now is formulated in a clear watery liquid just like Certain Dri, but at 4X the cost. I paid $20 for Maxim (it used to cost $12 ten years ago). I was disappointed in the more liquidy formula change. But both Maxim & Certain Dri both effectively work amazingly well to control untamed hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating & wetness). No more wet armit stains! I still use another product for deodorant purposes, since these roll-on products contain no fragrance. And because these are so powerful, I only need to use them a couple of times a month at the most. Using this more frequently than needed would irritate underarms with unbearable dry itch. I would definitely keep looking to find Certain Dri in stores if it's available b/c the lower price is well worth it for a product that actually performs & lives up to its claims. For me, a bottle of this type of product lasts at least 2 yrs or more (my last bottle of Maxim did).

on 4/22/2010 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this product. I've had problems with sweating in my under arm area for years and wish I would have found this product way sooner! I bought the roll on liquid kind and it works very well and it has completely stopped all of my sweating during the day. I still wear a regular deodorant during the day, but apply this one about 4 times a week at night right before bed. As other reviews said, it does tingle somewhat, but it doesn't bother me that much. Definitely give this a try!!

on 4/17/2010 11:22:00 PM

This is a miracle product. I am a big sweater and used to specifically avoid certain colors of shirts because of sweat marks. I have not sweat under my arms since I started using this about 3 years ago. Not at all. You must get the liquid roll on - the solid did not work for me. I recommend this to all my friends - unreal. I have zero perspiration issues. You must try this if you sweat enough to be self conscious!

on 4/1/2010 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

AWESOME product. I use Certain Dri deo twice a week at night and Certain Dri AM deo every morning and let it dry on my skin (2-3 miniutets, while I wash my teeth). It works my God! No sweating, no watering. I was never a smelly type but there always was "water" on my shirts. That freaked me out, especially when you have to check every clothes' label about the material and check if a tiny bit of water leaves a spot on the material. I don't have that problem any more. And it's really dirty cheap, I would pay twice as much honestly.

on 3/17/2010 7:36:00 PM

This changed my life. Used to have sweat stains up until I read about this stuff in some magazine about 6 years ago. I always have a bottle of this stuff around and am not too regular about using it but it still keeps me dry! A must have for anyone with a sweat problem.

on 3/5/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

the only thing that's worked on sweaty underarms. like seriously, i dont sweat there whatsoever now!