October 20, 2014 | 2028 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by fireflyglow

After ages of searching, I think I've finally found my perfect foundation. I also used to use BE and wasn't happy; it was too shiny, the colors were always a bit off, and it didn't last very well on my combination skin. I tried EDM after reading the reviews here, and I'm glad I did!

The matte (for me) works wonders. My skin doesn't break out, but I do have oiliness, large pores, and a lot of redness as well. This takes care of all of that, not to mention that I found the perfect color to match my skintone (Beige Fairly Light). It doesn't cake at all, either like BE did. I'm definitely going to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by michellemk

I LOVE THIS!!!! I ordered a couple of the sample kits this past winter, and I was able to find the perfect shade. Until recently- I only used it when I was in a hurry and didn't want to put on my liquid foundation. It is so easy to apply. But, recently- I started to break out-- so now I wear this all of the time instead of my liquid foundation. I don't know why I even messed with liquid foundation. The coverage with EM is awesome... and you don't have to put much on! It lasts all day- except for on my nose... which gets oily with anything. I just ordered my 6 piece kit and it is amazing! Try the kibuki... so soft and fun!! This is a must have makeup... much better than BE!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Soulever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have nothing but undying love for this product. I've never used powder foundations before, worrying that it would look to dry and emphasize my fine lines. Lately I've been noticing my liquid and mousse foundations are making me look older and more tired, so I decided to give the minerals a try. Little did I know that this wonderful formula would be the single foundation I've tried that gives a completely flawless, matte coverage with absolutely no migration into my eye creases!

I've order Soft Butter Peach in the sample kit and couldn't be more pleased with the lightweight feel and perfect coverage. It can be layered easily for heavier coverage on problem areas - something I would never expect from a powder.

The sunlight concealer and Sandy Fair foundation is the first concealer I've ever used that made my lower eyelids and cheek skin seem seamless, with no bags and no extra wrinkles. I'm completely floored. (So long, Lemon-Aid and Bo-Oing!)

Typically I used various tinted moisturizers, liquid foundations, and even Blemish Balm creams to go for that flawless finish, but always had issues with oil later in the day and migration. These powders almost seem to melt into my skin and the oil control is just fantastic. I don't look like I'm wearing any make-up at all! Recently I wore this while at a concert and had my picture taken. Even in the photos, my skin looked pretty amazing considering the sweating, drinking and dancing - very even and smooth. Unbelievable stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by LelaViavonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

THis is my HG!!!
I cant believe I didnt hear about this product earlier!
When I ordered the samples.. i had ordered the foundation in Semi- Matte.. but when I decided to order my kit.. i figured the matte would be better since I am oily in the T zone!

THIS stuff is amazing! It feels like u are putting silk on your face! All my girlfriends are ordering the samples and I have given them my samples cause I have the kit!

This stuff is great and so inexpensive (compared to Sheer Cover and BM that i was using)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Menie8

After trying different brands of mineral make up, I decided to give EDM a try. At first, I used the Intensive forumula. But my quite oily T-zone came through during the day.
A few days ago, I tried the Matte formula for the first time. It's great! Love it!! I've found a perfect match with Cool Medium in winter time, and Cool Medium Summer in summer time!
Feels smooth, does not look cakey at all, and does not look flat.
Lovely product!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

After having less than satisfactory results with shine-thru using the Intensive formula I switched to Matte. I ordered the exact same color but in a different formula and it was not a match for my skin so I ordered another shade hoping to find a balance between the two. Problem solved - but now I'd spent $24 for a "cheap" foundation. Within a month this had irritated my face horribly (redness) and there was a visible spot of rough, dry, patchy skin on my chin. Once I stopped using it my skin cleared up.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by kimkc

The foundation is not bad; it's just not great. I haven't had much luck finding a good match for skin and I've bought 6 mini-sample shades of them. The coverage is not bad, but by the end of the day, most of it has worn off. My search for the HG foundation continues...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 4:43:00 AM More reviews by laracole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this formula! Great coverage, yet doesn't look cakey. I've got a DECENT match with Medium Tan (Golden). I tried the same shade in intensive and IMO, its lighter, and less yellow than the matte shade. This formula feels silky smooth and feels like I'm wearing nothing yet still makes my skin look even and matte. But on my oily skin, matte is not FLAT matte but merely evens out my tone/shine. I don't look powdery, just even toned and healthy. I even fell asleep with this and my face looked pretty good and didn't itch at all! Usually when I fall asleep in foundation, my face feels gross and clogged. I do get a bit oily, but its not the NASTY greasy kind of oily... its more of a healthy glow? lol. I hear the finishing powders help with that so its no problem.

BUT ALAS, although EM is an excellent company with friendly service and good prices, I don't have a good match with their foundation (can't speak for their other products, which are probably great). They do have a good selection for fair to medium skinned ladies, so if you're in that range, give them a try. You can get a sample kit for about 3 dollars.

BTW, I have a somewhat difficult skin tone... face is tan beigey olive with yellow undertones while my chest is very very YELLOW. I usually look like I'm wearing a mask if my foundation is just a LITTLE off. If you can't find a match with EM, I suggest ALIMA!!! I use G5/6 and my face looks natural and seamless.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2008 6:52:00 PM More reviews by obsessed098

favorite out of all 3 formulations. not as heavy as intensive, and longer lasting than semi matte.

MUCH better than BE in every aspect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by jse23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is HG stuff! The color matches my skin perfectly. This mineral foundation 'melts' into your skin and does not look one bit powdery! Instead of my t-zone becoming shiny mid-day, my skin looked a tad 'dewy' late afternoon; however, it didn't look bad at all! Any oilness can be easily rectified with a primer or finishing powder. Amazing product, I ordered a full size two days after I received my sample. Great prices, quick shipping, and all-around just wonderful!

EDIT: I love this even more, 1 year later! This is honestly a great product. I never will cheat on EDM, it is truly my HG foundation.