December 20, 2014 | 1581 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by leenie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

It is strange how this mascara is recommended by so many makeup artists, etc. While I agree that some drug store brand mascaras work even better than certain designer brand ones, I do not at all feel that this is the case with Great Lash. I had the Very Black waterproof, and it did nothing for my lashes, except for give them a bit of color. If anything, it made them look worse by drying my lashes out. I did not notice any difference in length or thickness. And I am not someone who likes super dramatic mascaras, but I would like to see SOME difference in length, and so on. Sometimes this can get really smudgey too, and I do not like the consistency. However, this formula obviously works well for some people, including a few of my friends. I notice this works better for people with naturally very long, thick lashes. Mine are naturally average in length and thickness. I'll stick to the Fantastic Lash by Cover Girl or Sky High Curves by Maybelline for when I want to use a great drug store mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2008 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

Great?!? Yeah, right. I have this mascara in Very Black. It is thicker and drier than any I have ever used. It makes my lashes stick together and they become really hard. I even try to separate my lashes with an eyelash comb before and after applying but nothing works for the clumpiness. My eyelids even feel heavy when I wear this. I had so much hope for this mascara because it wins so many awards in the magazines. Big Thumbs Down!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2008 2:03:00 AM More reviews by missdaydreamer

I bought this thinking that it would live up to the hype, but I was wrong. It clumped a LOT, gave me racoon eyes throughout the day that I had to keep fixing, and even after I used my Clinique eye makeup remover, I woke up in the morning with smudging. It didn't run, but it did smear- it smudged something awful regardless if I was exercising, swimming, or just running errands.

Bottom line: didn't live up to the hype. Am very disappointed. I won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2008 1:46:00 AM More reviews by abs0lutelyfab

This mascara is soooo horrible. Not only is the brush poorly designed, but the mascara formula is watery and gives clumpy, spider-leg lashes. Sure, it will lengthen, but who wants that at the cost of tacky, stuck together lashes that resemble a bout of pink eye?

The worst aspect is that this product pulls your lashes out. I had to use several passes and cotton pads soaked of Neutrogena's Oil Free Makeup remover, which is fantastic btw, to make a dent in getting this stuff off. And even after I thought I had gotten it all off, it STILL was there, ready to give me raccoon eyes in the morning.

If I could give this product a zero, I would. It smells noxious; it performs horribly; and it will cement itself on your lashes. Beware!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by judeandam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this mascara because of all the hype surrounding it but was really disappointed. i felt that not enough formula is left on the brush when you take it out of the container, so it doesn't deposit enough product on my lashes. since there's not a lot of formula on the wand, there's not much clumping.

in short, this mascara doesn't give me the thick, long lashes i desire. if you're looking for more of a natural look, then this may be the product for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara, I've been using it on and off since I was 13 years old! Throughout the years I've tried other mascaras but always go back to Great Lash. It gives a beautiful natural finish that is never clumpy. The wand is easy to use and gets every lash every time. Needless to say, I will continue to repurchase this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by GinSengTea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

They need to change the name to Not So Great Lash. I got this for free from Ulta for their club member rewards program. I wanted to try it and see what the fuss was all about. It takes longer than normal to put it on because the formula is kind of dry and the brush is small. Then, it smeared on the bottom my of eyes within 30 minutes. Even if you get it for free to try, I suggest you pass and try something else worth while.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2008 9:38:00 AM More reviews by randibeth28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

as everyone said before - terrible. i was traveling and forgot my mascara at home so i went to this (thought) go-to mascara. ugh. i am STILL trying to wash the stickiness off my lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Venividibitchy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I find this product to be so dry.

That said, it is a fair product for the price. I've certainly used worse, and better. It doesn't do anything impressive for length, volume, curl, nor thickness, but it will get a basic job done.

I have seen the ever-popular pink/green, pink/black bottle in pictures from famous fashion shows, oddly enough...

I had difficulties choosing, "Would you buy this product again?" -- it depends on what my financial options were, and what else is on the market at the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by purtypimpin

I have this is very black and I don't get the horrible reviews. This (nor the normal one) has never clumped on me and although it irritated me at first, the fact that the wand isn't curved makes it easy to apply to all of my lashes. My lashes a pretty thick & long, so all I need is one coat & I'm good to go. This probably isn't the best mascara but imo, it's pretty good for the price.