July 22, 2014 | 1374 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by judeandam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this mascara because of all the hype surrounding it but was really disappointed. i felt that not enough formula is left on the brush when you take it out of the container, so it doesn't deposit enough product on my lashes. since there's not a lot of formula on the wand, there's not much clumping.

in short, this mascara doesn't give me the thick, long lashes i desire. if you're looking for more of a natural look, then this may be the product for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara, I've been using it on and off since I was 13 years old! Throughout the years I've tried other mascaras but always go back to Great Lash. It gives a beautiful natural finish that is never clumpy. The wand is easy to use and gets every lash every time. Needless to say, I will continue to repurchase this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by GinSengTea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

They need to change the name to Not So Great Lash. I got this for free from Ulta for their club member rewards program. I wanted to try it and see what the fuss was all about. It takes longer than normal to put it on because the formula is kind of dry and the brush is small. Then, it smeared on the bottom my of eyes within 30 minutes. Even if you get it for free to try, I suggest you pass and try something else worth while.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2008 9:38:00 AM More reviews by randibeth28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

as everyone said before - terrible. i was traveling and forgot my mascara at home so i went to this (thought) go-to mascara. ugh. i am STILL trying to wash the stickiness off my lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Venividibitchy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I find this product to be so dry.

That said, it is a fair product for the price. I've certainly used worse, and better. It doesn't do anything impressive for length, volume, curl, nor thickness, but it will get a basic job done.

I have seen the ever-popular pink/green, pink/black bottle in pictures from famous fashion shows, oddly enough...

I had difficulties choosing, "Would you buy this product again?" -- it depends on what my financial options were, and what else is on the market at the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by purtypimpin

I have this is very black and I don't get the horrible reviews. This (nor the normal one) has never clumped on me and although it irritated me at first, the fact that the wand isn't curved makes it easy to apply to all of my lashes. My lashes a pretty thick & long, so all I need is one coat & I'm good to go. This probably isn't the best mascara but imo, it's pretty good for the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by dhuma

Holy shit, did this suck. It didn't add a lot of volume or length but it still clumped my lashes. It made my lashes disgustingly hard and crunch, and flaked and smudged like crazy. Considering how much it smudged, you'd think it would wash off really easily, but it took forever and a day to get all this crap off my lashes....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Msgdfx1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is pretty awful. I have purchased it from time to time and have always been disapointed. I need a waterproof mascara because my eyelids are so oily and I end up with smudges if I use a regular formula. So, I decided to try this again in Soft Black. Well, it is pretty awful. It is pretty dark, but, I get no lengthening from this product at all. My eyelashes are as stubby as when I started out. And, I still get smudges and clumps.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by xcakexfacex

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the Great Lash from Maybelline in the regular (non-waterproof) and it works really nice. I wanted a waterproof one, so I just picked this up, thinking it would be the same as the regular. This stuff is terrible! It really is. When I applied it, I got black chunks of mascara on my lashes, and yes I do wipe off the brush before I apply to avoid chunks and clumps. I took off the chunks after I finished applying and near the end of the day, my lashes seemed to be stuck together. And it is also really hard to get off: I have some makeup remover sheets, and it would not work. I had to use baby oil.

Maybe I just got a bad tube, but what I have is really awful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Kammers10

God this stuff turns your lashes into a hardened wax plastic, they belong in a wax museum now! I hate runny mascara, but this stuff dried out my lashes SO bad, I started picking at them to pull off the stuff, which is a NO NO!!! I even put a little vitamin E capsule, now it was just a sticky hardened mess. Unless I'm going skiing, swimming, etc. I will NEVER use this mascara again!!!