April 16, 2014 | 1932 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by CestBelle97

This was the second liquid foundation i ever bought. The first was revlon photoready, which I like but it didn't last on my skin. So I bought this foundation in NW 20. So far, I love it. It gives full coverage and a very matte finish. I wear it alone on nights out but for everyday i mix it with mac strobe cream. If you are looking for a long lasting, full coverage matte foundation, then this is the one for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by FredaKay

I got this about 2 years ago before coming to study in Australia. This was the first liquid foundation I actually bought for myself (prior to that I was sharing foundations with my sister). Anyways, this product was recommended to me when I asked the staff what they would suggest for my oily, acne-prone skin. They recommended this and they took off the foundation I was already wearing and put this on. I really loved how this foundation looked on my skin, it was a pretty good match, but my skin is kinda in the middle of most shades (I got matched to a NW25).

I've read quite a number of reviews, most weren't very positive about the product. But I had a really good experience with this product. I wouldn't re-purchase it because I have other foundations, but this is amazing if applied well. And if you know how to remove your make up well. It never broke me out if I wasn't too lazy to put in the proper amount of effort to remove it.

I watched what the make up artist used to apply the foundation and did it myself when I went home and it was easy enough (stippling brush so you don't end up caking it on since it's such a heavy foundation). It lasts a really long time. However, it must be said that the secret to making make up last is actually in your skin care routine. I always apply make up on freshly cleansed, toned and moisturized skin. When I'm going on a night out I'll always apply primer as well cause my face gets oily quick! So primer, foundation and powder in the t-zone. My skin looked amazing though you can't get the "no make-up on" natural-ness that loads of us crave with this product.

This product LASTS. I can wear this on a night out (so it's usually on my skin at around 9pm) and it'll last until the next morning when I wake up (about 9am). So a good 12 hours including sweating and sleeping. So it goes to show that it takes quite a bit to get it off. So I would recommend, oil-based make up remover, 2 cleansers (to double cleanse), and a wash cloth. That will make sure it REALLY comes off. And that's my 2 cents really.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by tanyanajar93

I was so excited to try this out for the first time. BIG mistake. Within 1 hr of applying the foundation it oxidized and my face looked orange. Not to mention I had applied it with a primer. Definitely will not be purchasing!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by ikmkeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: This foundation gives good coverage, and theres many shades to pick from

Cons: This foundation broke me out, I feel that it is way too heavy. People with sensitive skin should stay far away from this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by MsCadle

I love MAC! This foundation is a great everyday foundation. I wear NC35 and the color matches better than any foundation I've tried, and I've tried hundreds. It doesn't cake, doesn't get oily, doesn't cause my skin to break out. I wish it were a little more full coverage, but overall it's still my fav. I've been trying to find a wedding foundation that can beat it as far as overall (i want more coverage) but I can't. I've bought graftobian, cinema secrets, LancĂ´me, and Laura mercier but so far none of them stack up to this foundation. I do wish a bottle lasted longer. It's expensive for the quantity but I guess that's what you get for quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by BeckyFluckanizm

i HATE this product soooooo much
i love mac's skintones because they match me very well
most people recommended this product for a good foundation.
but i absolutely despise it
the texture is thick and only has a medium coverage
it MAKES PORES LOOK BIG and does NOT have a flawless finish
the scent is disturbing
it feels very very thick on my face and i always feel like washing my face when i have it on.
i hate this product soooo much, and it was a complete waste of my money

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by SPerk

I'm kind of disappointed in this one. I'm NW15 with oily slightly acne prone skin.

Pros: Good coverage, hides redness, lasting power, love the smell of MAC foundations

Cons: Very cakey, does not dry smooth, exaggerates and clogs my pores, unnatural look

I normally use powder foundation but I wanted to give liquids another chance. When I switched to powders there really wasn't many Matte finish liquids to choose from. So since there is now a pretty big selection I have started testing out the waters. Well, I picked this up via suggestion from my MA. I was impressed at first by the coverage and how great it made my redness disappear. After about a week of wear and a good look at my face in the mirror of a terribly lite dressing room I changed my opinion. When I got home I removed the foundation from half of my face and asked my husband (love doing this to him) how I looked. It was pretty obvious to even him that the difference was outrageous! I love nature make up and this WAS NOT. Will use this for special occasions but probably will not repurchase when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by lyndsaygoodbrand

I had used this years ago and loved it. But I used to have a lot of problems with acne back then. One of the reasons I stopped using it was the shade was a bit to dark for me when not wearing fake tan. I then bought it again since realising they brought out lighter shades. I have been using it about a fortnight and have so many spots. I think it might be this. So I l am going back to using my Dior sculpt again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Dopechick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is literally garbage and its sad to say I spent 27 dollars on this. I have very oily skin and it lasted up to an hour before oil started breaking through. I have to keep blotting and when I do the foundation comes off. Not to mention this it constantly slides off. I can't touch my face without there being oil and makeup on my finger. EVEN WITH A PRIMER AND POWDER!!! Also when I first got it it looked like I dumped a pound of baby powder on my face. After 2 days of using this I broke out hardcore. Bottom line I wouldn't even put this on my dolls.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

Skin Type/ Tone: Oily and clog-prone, around NC15 in MAC with olive undertones.

This is a decent foundation for people looking for full coverage, but that's about where my praise for it ends. In my opinion, there are much better options on the market than this, some of my favorites including Revlon Colorstay Whipped and MUFE Mat Velvet. I was pleased upon applying this at the good coverage, it covered most of my redness, acne scars, and broken capillaries. However when I was done with the application, I realized that this emphasized my pores, random dry patches that I didn't know existed (after priming + moisturizing), and caked around my nose, mouth, and forehead. It also managed to dry down completely, but yet somehow it felt tacky and thick. Adding powder did not remedy this, it made it look worse.

I also have quite yellow/olive based skin, and the NC15 shade in this was actually *too* yellow for me, which is surprising. The lasting power was decent, I came home after a long day and the coverage looked almost same, albeit the random cakey patches. Also many have complained of acne breakouts, and it can likely be due to the talc and algae extract in the ingredient list. So all in all, I would not recommend unless you have normal, poreless skin. However I think many women looking for a full coverage foundation typically have some discoloration and uneven texture like I do, and I don't recommend it for them.