Clinique All About Eyes Concealer

3.2

on 6/11/2009 5:51:00 PM

I have been and probably will continue to be on the search for an HG under eye concealer. I have issues with concealer settling into fine lines and caking up under my eyes, and this one is the best one I've tried so far. It really covers my dark circles well and brightens my face over all. I have less caking as with other concealers (i.e. Laura Mercier) but there is still some. For now, this will do.

on 6/11/2009 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I think this concealer is breaking me out, and I'm shocked. I've never had any sensitivity issues with Clinique products. However, I have several very small blemishes on the tops of my cheeks just under my eyes, and this concealer is the only thing different that I am using. Other than that, it does provide great coverage and has good staying power. It will settle into fine lines, but I don't need to put concealer there. I just put it on my dark spots, and they are concealed instantly with the smallest amount of product. I wouldn't purchase it again because it's not for me, but I do think it's a good product.

on 5/23/2009 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i have the worst puffy eyes ever and this is the only concealer that actually covers it up the best.. i have tried many concealers..and this is the only one that makes me look more awake then i actually am..it doesnt really cover up dark circles that well for me.. so i also use the mac select moistercover concealer to cover my dark circles..then i use this to cover my puffiness!

on 5/18/2009 2:17:00 AM

I got a good color match with light petal, that part was pretty much perfect. Dark circle coverage was decent. The problem with this concealer is it goes on cakey, even with a brush or patting it in, and settles into fine lines that otherwise don't show up on me! I applied it over eye cream, and it still had a drying effect. Did not spread well, and after being on half the day had started to look patchy. The product performance reminded me of the first foundation I used in high school, Cover Girl w/Noxema! Not a good look. Would not purchase, and am happy I got to try this as a GWP instead of shelling out $$.

on 5/12/2009 12:42:00 PM

One of the worst products I have tried! It gave me lines where they even were not!:-) And pores were made sooo obvious!
I also don't like there is a lack of SPF (I like to have it also in concealers).
But I like the price and package!

on 5/12/2009 12:15:00 PM

I was so excited to try this, but after was so disappointed. The product is too sheer, plus settles into every possible line imaginable. I looked worse with m/u then without...lol! This would of been a great product for me about 10 years ago when I didn't need a lot of coverage or had fine lines.

on 5/12/2009 11:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This concealer is very thick and doesn't go on smooth. It's difficult and takes too long to blend, and it sinks into my fine lines. Towards the end of the day the concealer caked where ever I applied it. It also dried out the skin around my nose. It did, however, cover my undereye circles and blemishes well. I prefer CoverGirl concealers over Clinique's All About Eyes.

on 5/11/2009 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is strange. My boyfriend's sister has it and it looks amazing on her and I tried it awhile ago and don't remember having problems with it so bought it. It goes on nicely and conceals well but within less than an hour it goes all flakey on my skin. It does not do this with my boyfriend's sister and she puts heaps on. I've tried it with and without moisturiser, eye cream and primer and a thick and thin layer but it does the same thing. I got my mum to try it and see if it did the same thing and it's fine on her! This is why I have given it a 3 out of 5. If it was only me who tested it it would be a 0! So it's got to do with my skin, not the product so much. My undereye skin isn't dry or overly oily but I do have problems with all foundations and concealers not sinking into my skin. They often just sit there and go all uneven and powdery.

So I think the bottom line with this product is, if you have the same problems with concealers and/or foundations do not buy this product.

on 5/11/2009 1:19:00 PM

There are a lot of things I like about this product. I have fair skin and the light petal color is a good match. It effectively covers dark circles and other skin imperfections and lasts almost all day on me. The only problem is that it cakes into the fine lines around my eyes. I am using up my tube on other areas on my face.

on 5/9/2009 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have this for under my eyes of course.however, it creases very quickly. I have treid everything to make it stop creasing. But nothing has helped. The texture is somewhat sticky which I think is why it creases.