July 24, 2014 | 2188 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by NQseraphina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

SO expensive, but as expensive, dept store mascaras go, this one is one of the best. I loved it because it both lengthened and volumized my lashes. Actually, if anything, this mascara did more lengthening and defining than volumizing, but the drama was there. My lashes were dark, defined, and SO CRAZY LONG. Not clumpy at all, but perhaps slightly spidery if you apply too much product and don't sweep it out with a clean mascara wand. If you've got the money, by all means, try this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

I like this mascara for a easy daytime makeup routine. I like the fact that it isn't clumpy and doesn't smell extremely strong. I like to use a mascara with smaller brushes for ease of control, so this one fits my bill nicely. The smooth formula lasts on my eyes until I want to take it off, without being waterproof and needing a hardcore makeup remover. I find that it gives my lashes a bit of lift, which they do need, and that it lengthens very nicely. I do like to build my mascara but I find myself building much less compared to *volumizing* mascaras such as Diorshow or Bad Gal, perhaps because of the wetter formula which grabs better onto my lashes. This mascara isn't a cult favorite for nothing and if you want to get a lengthening, volumizing, no-smudge, and easy to remove mascara, this is it. I've already repurchased it numerous times since I've first started using makeup and I always come back to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Based on numerous glowing reviews and Definicils status as a cult mascara, I was so convinced that I was missing something when I didn't like it that I bought a second tube after my first one ran out. Now I can confidently state that it isn't me, it's Definicils. Definicils is a sub-par product in luxury brand clothing. It clumps, it looks dry on lashes, and it doesn't do much to lengthen or fill out my skimpy lashes. It also gave me a touch of raccoon eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

Overall, not a bad mascara. Clean definition, leaves my lash soft and touchable, and no flaking or smudging. However, totally not worth the price. Some lengthening, but not very much, and very little volume to speak of. I like the mascara, but when it's so expensive? No way. Also, doesn't hold a curl very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by jlrodriguez

One of my favorite mascaras! I especially love the brush, I find it really hard to apply when the brushes are big and fat. This is perfect, really easy to get into the corners of your lashes.

I've recently started getting some transference to my undereye area after a few hours (raccoon eyes!). I'm not sure what started this, it might just be that my skin is oilier in the summer? Hoping I can go back to using this in the fall/winter when my skin is less oily, or maybe I'll just switch to the waterproof formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by alwells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

No holds barred, the best mascara I've used. I've been a loyal Lancome mascara wearer for nearly 20 years. While I've "cheated" and tried other brands, I always come back to Lancome. And I've tried a variety of Lancome mascaras, but always seem to come back to the Definicils.

For me, it does what a mascara should do. It's make my lashes visible and my eyes pop. It does not flake, clump or bleed, and dries fairly quickly.

I do not believe in lengthening mascara. While I wish it were possible, think about it, HOW? If you want longer lashes, you need to wear false lashes (which I've never tried, so I can't speak to that).

This product does not thicken too much. Although I only apply one coat, with a little extra to the outside corners.

It's pricey. Considering you are only supposed to keep any mascara for 3 months, it carries a bit of a price tag. It often comes as the "free" gift with purchase, so that's worth keeping an eye out for if you want to give this little gem a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by ulia032

A very nice lengthening and defining mascara. Doesn't smudge, stays on all day long, holds a curl pretty well. It takes for it 3 months to dry out. Overall, nice quality.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Received a sample of this product that I have been using the last little while. It is an ok mascara, nothing terrible but nothing amazing either. Sometimes can be a little clumpy. I don't think I would purchase the full-size, especially considering that it is a little pricey.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

It was O.K. but just ok nothing too special (Im on my second tube). I would say its a little above average but not that much to justify the price. It looks gorgeous going on but I have trouble wiith it running and it dosent have very good staying power. I dont have any mascara left after 2-3 hours. I would try other less expensive brands before I buy this again **** I have found the secret to this mascara You have to glob it on It looks good if I put on 10 coats and stays for a while. *** I think I found the secret to this mascara. I live in a very dry climate and it doesn't work well for me here. However went to a warmer more humid climate and it worked a whole lot better. Maybe it has to have more moisture in air to work.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by fashionista27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

don't get what's the rave with this product. Very expensive but doesn't pay off the quality you are looking for. I got no choice but to keep it as I don't wanna just throw AED150, wear it in the office and by afternoon it already smudge round my lower lids which turn me into a racoon. it flakes a little bit as well. Will not purchase again, will keep looking for less expensive but good quality mascara.