January 25, 2015 | 2160 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Stays. On. Like. Iron.

What does that mean after a long day? You cannot get it all off! There's always a kind of residual "why are my eyes so defined and those black circles so freggin' prominent" the day after. And once that black is there, if you scr*w the line up, well, tough tequila on you!

It's the one too many margarita's effect . . . it was really good in the moment, but you just know there is gonna be a price to pay the day after.

ETA: This review is for the Black Ink only.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Hopoti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, this one stays as promised. Best eyeliner I ever used. I might choose an another color, black is maybe too heavy for me. You have to use a good brush for this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by runwaydolllll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried several pencil eyeliners before, but they all irritated my sensitive eyes. My friend was using this gel eyeliner and I thought I gave it a try. It's very easy to apply and makes my eyes look bigger, which I love. I applied this in the morning, walked around San Francisco (I was visiting at that time) until noon, and flied back home to the East Coast. By the time I got home at night (almost midnight), I was very surprised to find that the eyeliner stayed put on my eyes, no smudges (my eyelids are very oily and I have watery eyes sometimes), and more importantly, it didn't irritate my eyes at all. I immediately fell in love with it and it definitely became one of my HG items. It is kind of pricey, but I'm more than happy to give up buying some cheap cosmetics and save the money for this one item.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by scorpio55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this liner. It lasts all day. Even on my waterline. It is really pricey but me and my Mom share it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Sazzakins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! Took a while to confidently apply it - but it was worth the effort. I wear it every day to make my lash line too more impressive than it actually is. Lasts all day and doesn't smug like pencils. Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

i think BB gel liners are the best in the market. mainly because it stays put, applies opaque, creamy and long lasting. it doesn't dry out like other lower end gel liners, and a little goes a long way.
gel liners are one of the best formula's imo because they hardly smudge, run or smear on me like pencil or liquid do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is seriously good stuff!

I give it a four instead of a five only because it's not that easy to apply. It's no trickier than any other gel eyeliner, though.

I'd been using MAC Blacktrack Fluidline for years, but it got so that it was coming off under my eyes. I don't know if, horrors, my skin has gotten even oilier, or what.

But I digress. I decided to try Black Ink to see if it would stay on any better, and it seems to do that.I apply Black Ink exactly as I applied Blacktrack, right along/into the upper lash lines, with a MAC 263 small angle brush. Black Ink goes on smoothly and skip-free, and gives perfect coverage with just one stroke.

The only caveat: I find that Black Ink is slightly more pigmented than Blacktrack, and yields more of a liquid liner look than the MAC liner does. I can imagine this easily looking harsh if you're not careful.

I go back over my Black Ink lines with Stila's "Ebony" eyeshadow, and the result is that wonderful I've-got-naturally-dark-and-dense-lashes look, and it stays on for hours.

Black Ink is a bit more expensive than Fluidline( about $20 vs. $13, respectively), and either liner is an excellent product.

I think I like Black Ink a tiiny bit better, though, so it's the one I'll probably buy in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by lelemh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS IS THE GREATEST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER USED..

You know how you buy a product and you want it to be a certain way and it just never lives up to it?

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I IMAGINED.

I'm so happy with this product I cannot rave about it enough.

I have slept in this product and have woken up to have it exactly the same as when I applied the morning before. (on the upper lid - did smudge off on the waterline)

If I could give this 50 lipsticks I would..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I was really thrilled to try this because of all the raving reviews but that excitement quickly wore off when at the end of the day I had a helluva time removing it. I guess it sticks true to its name of being Long Wearing however it is too much of a hassle for me to remove it. Let's just say that I had a racoony mess when removing and still had it when I woke up the next day. The other thing I don't like is that it's very time consuming to apply this liner plus you need a separate brush to apply it. Also, am worried that it will dry up too quickly (as other muaers have mentioned) especially when i don't intend on using it everyday. Not worth all the hassle when applying and removing. Too time consuming! Returned it. Had bought 'Black Ink' which was really pretty dark/deep/matte black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY long-wear eyeliner I can wear without irritating my senstive eyes or smearing off on my oily eyelids. They last all day without budging but they also wash off easily. ove how smoothly these go on, blendability is a dream. The colors have impact but also look so natural.
Black is a deep natural matt black, no brown or blue undertones. Just what I want to give my eye makeup intensity, especially for night. Not as intense as the amazing Cliniques True Black, but what is?

I'll compare Bobbi Browns Long Wear Eyeliners to other brands I've tried:

CLINIIQUES CREAM LINER (True Black) - Finally I have found a replacement for Cliniques cream liners, which also has a gorgeous color range and last all day. But they puff up and redden my sensitive eyes plus are difficult to remove completely.
REVLON COLORSTAY Boring colors, itched and puff up my eyes
CLARINS WATERPROOF EYE PENCILS are gorgeous and don't irritate, and I still love them for the convenience of a pencil but they transfer to my crease line if I'm not wearing eyeshadow, and they smudge off the corner of my eyes.