August 22, 2014 | 1055 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2009 12:11:00 AM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

i think BB gel liners are the best in the market. mainly because it stays put, applies opaque, creamy and long lasting. it doesn't dry out like other lower end gel liners, and a little goes a long way.
gel liners are one of the best formula's imo because they hardly smudge, run or smear on me like pencil or liquid do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is seriously good stuff!

I give it a four instead of a five only because it's not that easy to apply. It's no trickier than any other gel eyeliner, though.

I'd been using MAC Blacktrack Fluidline for years, but it got so that it was coming off under my eyes. I don't know if, horrors, my skin has gotten even oilier, or what.

But I digress. I decided to try Black Ink to see if it would stay on any better, and it seems to do that.I apply Black Ink exactly as I applied Blacktrack, right along/into the upper lash lines, with a MAC 263 small angle brush. Black Ink goes on smoothly and skip-free, and gives perfect coverage with just one stroke.

The only caveat: I find that Black Ink is slightly more pigmented than Blacktrack, and yields more of a liquid liner look than the MAC liner does. I can imagine this easily looking harsh if you're not careful.

I go back over my Black Ink lines with Stila's "Ebony" eyeshadow, and the result is that wonderful I've-got-naturally-dark-and-dense-lashes look, and it stays on for hours.

Black Ink is a bit more expensive than Fluidline( about $20 vs. $13, respectively), and either liner is an excellent product.

I think I like Black Ink a tiiny bit better, though, so it's the one I'll probably buy in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by lelemh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS IS THE GREATEST PRODUCT I HAVE EVER USED..

You know how you buy a product and you want it to be a certain way and it just never lives up to it?

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I IMAGINED.

I'm so happy with this product I cannot rave about it enough.

I have slept in this product and have woken up to have it exactly the same as when I applied the morning before. (on the upper lid - did smudge off on the waterline)

If I could give this 50 lipsticks I would..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I was really thrilled to try this because of all the raving reviews but that excitement quickly wore off when at the end of the day I had a helluva time removing it. I guess it sticks true to its name of being Long Wearing however it is too much of a hassle for me to remove it. Let's just say that I had a racoony mess when removing and still had it when I woke up the next day. The other thing I don't like is that it's very time consuming to apply this liner plus you need a separate brush to apply it. Also, am worried that it will dry up too quickly (as other muaers have mentioned) especially when i don't intend on using it everyday. Not worth all the hassle when applying and removing. Too time consuming! Returned it. Had bought 'Black Ink' which was really pretty dark/deep/matte black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY long-wear eyeliner I can wear without irritating my senstive eyes or smearing off on my oily eyelids. They last all day without budging but they also wash off easily. ove how smoothly these go on, blendability is a dream. The colors have impact but also look so natural.
Black is a deep natural matt black, no brown or blue undertones. Just what I want to give my eye makeup intensity, especially for night. Not as intense as the amazing Cliniques True Black, but what is?

I'll compare Bobbi Browns Long Wear Eyeliners to other brands I've tried:

CLINIIQUES CREAM LINER (True Black) - Finally I have found a replacement for Cliniques cream liners, which also has a gorgeous color range and last all day. But they puff up and redden my sensitive eyes plus are difficult to remove completely.
REVLON COLORSTAY Boring colors, itched and puff up my eyes
CLARINS WATERPROOF EYE PENCILS are gorgeous and don't irritate, and I still love them for the convenience of a pencil but they transfer to my crease line if I'm not wearing eyeshadow, and they smudge off the corner of my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by bebejan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this gel eyeliner back in October 2008 and I am almost finished with the pot. Before purchasing this, I have loyally used MAC's fluid liner in both Blacktrack and Blitz and Glitz for 2-3 years, but decided to give this one a try. It is more expensive than the fluid liner. The consistency of BB's eyeliner is creamier than MAC's fluid liner, and the good thing about it is that it tends to dry out less easily, but I do screw the lid on quite tightly. The black color is intense, but I find that it is not as intense as Blacktrack. I took one lippie off because I have slightly oily eyelids and I find that when I line my lower eyelid at 12pm, although I may not get severe racoon eyes, but it is literally gone by 4pm. Like, just poof...disappeared! I usually have to reapply every couple of hours so I carry a mini sephora eyeliner brush with me when I'm out, and this can be a hassle. Sometimes it does smudge over my upper lip as well, and I found that Blacktrack stayed put much better. I have never tried applying it the waterline, but why bother, if it can't stay on my lower eyelid?

I've been using this for several months, but since I'm nearing the end of my pot, I think I will go back to the fluid liner. Not only did the fluid liner last longer on my lower eyelids, but it is also cheaper and I can recycle it with MAC's program.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

A favorite.

UPDATE 7/21/2011:
Still a favorite. Tried to replace w/ Sephora's "Must Have" Gel Liner, a knock off of this for $10. Returned it in a day. Not the same. This is the blackest black, and most long-lasting eyeliner I have ever worked with. It is what brought me into the eyeliner game.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by pencilpleat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Truly long wearing, but I dislike the fact that it dries up and hardens before you finish the jar. I've been advised to close the lid while I'm applying it on my eyes to prevent it drying up, but this is bothersome to do to have to open and close and open and close the jar during application. Neither do I like the idea of having to store it upside down. I prefer MAC Blacktrack to this for that reason, and for the reason that MAC Blacktrack also allows for mistakes to be corrected cleanly and easily, and does not clump if you accidentally put too much on. Oh and Blacktrack is also easy to cleanse off at the end of the day. AND Blacktrack is just as long wearing!

Bobbi Brown Black Ink Long Wear Gel Eyeliner is way too much work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by miyashu

This is the only eyeliner I use. It applies easily with my Bobbi Brown Eyeliner Brush and lasts all day. Now that I'm getting halfway into the jar (had this for over a year now), it's starting to flake just a bit if I apply too much. So it's better to build up in small amounts. Overall, fantastic eyeliner and I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by wildwolfha

OMG! Amazing eyeliner... It doesn't smudge, lasts very long ( I used it from 3pm till 12pm). I apply white eyeshadow before using the eyeliner and the result is perfect. The best eyeliner I've ever used, much better than Revlon Colorstay.