December 19, 2014 | 1573 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by xpudding

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly, this stuff is a lifesaver for me. I've been battling acne for the last ten or so years, and I have extremely sensitive skin. Until I settled into the routine I've been using for the past 2 or so years with Cetaphil, the slightest thing would break me out. I have combination skin, but whereas for a lot of people, "combination skin" means some dry patches and some oily patches, I get a super, super greasy forehead and nose, and extremely dry patches (read: eczema) on my eyelids, cheeks, and chin.

I was using all kinds of cleansers, both drugstore and high-end, until I finally saw a dermatologist who recommended I use Cetaphil... Best decision. I still get oily in the forehead and nose, and I still get eczema flare-ups every now and then (also, I tend to break out around that-time-of-the-month) but everything is so much more manageable and smooth and even looking.

My routine: Cetaphil cleanser in the AM with Cetaphil moisturizing cream (I think this is technically for body, but it works wonders on my dry patches and doesn't break me out) and topical benzoyl peroxide. Cetaphil cleanser in the PM with Cetaphil moisturizing cream and topical tretinoin. 2x a week I use my Clarisonic, and 2x a week I use a mask.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by jaaanet2

I am honestly mixed emotions about this cleanser. Let me tell you why... So I use to use Proactiv and in an attempt to cut off from that junk I was starting to incorporate Cetaphil and it was really working, my skin had never looked better it was like a miracle. I honestly felt like it removed all my makeup, dirt, sweat, everything. However, once I completely cut off my proactiv, my skin was just not happy, I broke out dramatically. And the cetaphil did nothing unfortunately. I have gone through one bottle and was half way through a second and stopped.

However, 2 years later I decided to give it a try again, my acne has been a rollarcoaster since and i tried this new birthcontrol method (which has been the worse experience ever) and it has broke me out soooo much I have never seen my acne this bad and I am 20 years old living with acne for over 6 years. And now my face is super sensitive and I decided to start using Cetaphil again, well although there is slight improvement I don't know it its the cleanser or the gel or the antibiotics I am on. My face is just a hott mess. It does, however, not irritate my skin and leave it nice and clean. I just hope it works its magic again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by earriaga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for years - during my severe acne, oily, and dry skin days. It was recommended by my dermatologist and by many reviews searched online. It leaves face fresh and clean if washed properly. It's not just the cleanser; you need to wash properly as well! I forgot how many times I've repurchased this product, but this one's a keeper.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by LiveHappily

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like cleanser that doesn't lather or anything because I just don't feel that my face is completely washed and refreshed. It's not cheap as a drugstore item.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by originalconfidence

This never cleanses make up or sunscreen off! It made my skin worse

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by MarcosAntonioG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this. its gentle and leaves my skin so soft and smooth with out over drying it. defenatly buy if you are looking for a gentle yet affective cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by MadeleineRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this after removing my make up and it does a really good job of removing anything left on my skin. It does not break me out or dry my skin. It's simple but effective. The bottle is so ugly though...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 5:01:00 AM More reviews by QAlice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG facial cleanser for winter and already gone through countless bottles. So definitely recommend and would repurchase!

The liquid is in semi-transparency milky shade with a light lotion like texture, so somehow look like never going to clean the skin, and will leave a greasy film. But indeed it does the job well and leave just the right amount of moisture.

If u find cleansing milk to be too greasy and dry, you might like this product.

Remarks:I have normal to dry skin, and use it as seconds cleanser after Bioderma water.
I would use it as

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I have struggled with acne all my life and used just about everything. This cleanses my face without any irraition. My acne has cleared up a lot even though i have only been using it for two week

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

I just bought the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleaner 2 days ago at my local CVS store . I got the travel size one because I wanted to see how it work . I got it because of watching a youtube video . I saw that "ThatsHeart" uses it and I wanted to see how it would work on me .. All I can say is WOW . Im beginning to fall in love with this . It makes my face feel really soft does not irritate my skin at all , or make my skin turn red or anything . A little goes a long way . my face feels like it can breath , i have sensitive skin and i can say this is really helps cleansing my face