August 2, 2014 | 1305 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 3:17:00 AM More reviews by tiffaxxwu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this shampoo for about a year now, and I can say it really works wonders! The shampoo itself smells fresh, but after you rinse your hair out it doesn't leave a smell, which i love. It makes my hair extremely clean & strong. After the first use, it may feel a bit dry, but you'll get used to it after a couple of times. The conditioner works really well too - I use it as a leave in.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by kittypups4444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product WILL DO WONDERS FOR YOUR HAIR! I have been using this product for a while now, its making my hair get thicker and longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by peachcity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just used the shapoo and conditioner TOGETHER for the first time last night, and although my hair DEFINITELY felt thicker, my hair did seem to be very dry and straw like. I'll try and use just the conditioner next time in a cowash or use a different shampoo. For sure makes your hair feel thicker.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by patriciabain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my third time buying the two big bottles of Mane 'N' Tail (shampoo and conditioner) so I figured it was high time I gave them a review.

I first used this one summer when my hair was reasonably long, but I wanted to grow it long enough to donate to Locks of Love. I used the shampoo and conditioner, and I felt my hair grew much faster. It didn't grow obscenely fast like some people may claim, but it definitely grew faster. My hair felt healthy and clean, looked really shiny, and it grew quite quickly, which was nice. So I'd definitely recommend this to anyone looking to either grow their hair out or just for healthy-looking hair. It's not too expensive, either. I got the two big bottles for about 7.50 a piece and the bottles are huge. Oh, and I did end up donating my hair - 11 inches. :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by LauraWolfhart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Terrible. Very dry and just the opposite of what I was looking for. The best shampoo so far for hair loss is Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil shampoo. It helped my dry and frizzy hair immensely, plus it tackled hair loss efficiently. The argan oil deeply hydrates my hair and makes the strands more resilient to make them grow out thicker and stronger :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was not impressed by this or the matching conditioner. This made my hair a bit dry and the conditioner turned my hair to rubber. Smells decent, comes in a large size and it's very cheap. It just didn't do much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try mane n' tail for a while, so I bought a 32oz bottle for only $5. I wanted it to work so well, and I can't say that it's bad, but it didn't exactly blow me away. It definitely made my hair thicker and stronger, but also gave it a weird texture, kind of reminded me of straw. It also seemed a bit drying to me. When I dried my hair, it didn't feel as soft as it usually is. Used with a great conditioner though, it's not all that bad, but when I tried it with a mediocre conditioner, that's when my hair got all frazzled and dry. I'll try and use the rest of it, but I likely won't be repurchasing seeing as it doesn't seem to avoid any of the bad chemicals, and it has this real funky smell to it. 3/5

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by cupcakelipgloss123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This a great shampoo. But I cant use it without the condioner beacause it drys out my hair.But, used with the condioner, it is amzing!!! I haven't noticed my hair geting longer,but it still works well. I bought them last year, and used it for a couple months, forgot about them, then re-discovered them a couple weeks ago.
I am growing my hair out, right now its about shoulder length.
I would love to see it grow faster, as my hairdresser recommend it to help hair grow faster.
I dont have a dog or hourse, so i cant really say anything about useing it on ur pets, i do have 2 cats, but, they r terrifed of water....oh, and btw, this is great to use if ur going 2 french braid ur hair,it hold it well. The condioner can also be used to leave in wet or dry hair.
I allways go through shampoo faster than condioner.im glad their in big bottles,[32 oz.].
The smell....is....um.....strange.not flowery or fruity smelling. but, ive gotten used to the off smell beacause it dosent last that long.
my hair is nautrelly frizzy and poofy,and T.H.I.C.K!!! not wirely, or course. I didnt notice any thicking benifits.
My mom did use it once and said she didnt like it.because it made her hair feel dry.
I would buy agein. im still going to use it every night,(i have to shampoo every night with good shampoo, cuz my hair tends to get greasy if i dont,) with the condoiner in effort to grow my hair out.
i recentlly {last week} died my light to meidum brown hair very black. it kinda dried it out, so im still on the lookout for condioning shampoo and condiner. overall, a good product. also the condoiner is a 4 star product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by brittanydavie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay, I did not have high expectations for this product. But boy was I wrong! I have been dealing with a cowlick issue on my scalp on the back of my head for who knows how long. All I know is that it bothered the crap out of me and it made me look like I was losing hair. I had been looking around for anything to help it, make it thicker or fuller and nothing worked until I tried this beautiful product. I bought the shampoo and conditioner based on the reviews from here and after the first wash my cowlick was gone! I suddenly had thick, soft, shiny hair. It was like a miracle sent from above. Now I use this everyday and I swear my hair is getting even stronger and thicker (no word yet on how much my hair has grown since using it) but damn, it looks healthy! Finally. Yay for Mane n' Tail :D

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Andieko23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Well I didn't try this to make my hair grow.. But I just wanted to try it to see if it would work for me.. It's real cheap the only pro I have so far.. I don't know it didn't I guess "work" for me.. I'm not sure if it's because I dye my hair and right after used it (shampoo and conditioner) but my hair I guess felt soft but my extremely curly hair was knotted and felt matted... I tried it again and it was a tad bit better. It does give it a good shine! But I found that even though I do a twist out my hair shows my natural hair patten with the twist out.. I don't about this product I'm going to see if this changes and I'm going to finish the whole bottle and mostly likely go back to my old regimen..