August 20, 2014 | 2148 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by paolandlove

Great shampoo. If you want a good nice clean feeling of your hair/scalp try this!!!! It has a clarifying shampoo clean feel to it. It smells okay, kind of a neutral smell. It does make your hair feel kind of dry after you rinse out so use a conditioner. I normally wash my hair, put in conditioner for about 3-5 mins and then my hair will feel great. Not good for color treated hair, it'll wash it rightttt out. My hair grows really fast, I'm not sure if it's the shampoo or just me but it has grown like 3 inches in the last 2 months. (Woo-hoo). Good affordable shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by scrowell

Just started using this last week, and WOW. I am used to using Biolage, and this is 100 times better. I have been in the process of growing out my hair for a while now, its pretty long..but my hair is matte..no shine what so ever, its pretty thick and coarse but there is absolutely no shine, its so weird. After using this for about a week I see shine! :) thank the heavens above b/c ive tried just about EVERYTHING. Plus this gives my hair body galore! :) Girls, dont give up hope try this w/ the conditioner! love it. I found mine at walgreens on sale for $2.99 (whatta steal :p)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by bdebellis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know why it seems people think this product makes your hair feel like straw. I have really curly, dry hair that I straighten almost everyday. I tried mane and tail to see if the whole hair growth phenomena is true. Last night was my first use and even with out seeing if the hair growth is true- my hair is incredibly soft and shiny. It usually also gets really knotty- and i can run my hands through it fine. I say it's worth a try and hopefully the growth works!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by itslokey

Mane 'n Tail should be left for the animals. The only positive thing I can say is that it smells good. It seemed to make my hair softer and nice for about two weeks. Then the horrid split ends and dry, unmanageable hair turned up for no reason. If you still want to try it maybe see if there is a pump, as it gets heavy and annoying as I often dropped it (klutz!). Wouldn't imagine why anyone would buy it after trying it. I heard the hair growth reports but its not true. It made no difference except straightening/drying my curly hair so it appeared longer. Rather have short silky hair than longer hay-like hair. (no pun intended)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by jameyskye

I really like how this smells but i think its because it is a nostalgic feeling for me as i used it when i was young. I wish there was a pump on the bottle but thats not a big deal. It costs 15 dollars at my sallys beauty supply store.
wont be repurchasing as it doesnt do any good for my hair now that it is a bit damaging from hair bleaching and dying
the chemicals in it are horrible for hair.
better off leaving it for young children/virgin hair or pets fur.
unfortunatly it is not cruelty free so i will not be repurchasing

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by StormyLotus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love this shampoo! I may never change shampoos again. I have thick, coarse hair that seems to be permanently dry. Before using this shampoo my hair was highlighted and I used a relaxer, so even when my hair was wet it stuck together and felt dry. Now, even wet just with shampoo my hair is super soft and I can run my fingers through it. With the conditioner, it's amazing. Now I don't have to deep condition every time I wash. I'm thrilled!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 3:17:00 AM More reviews by tiffaxxwu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this shampoo for about a year now, and I can say it really works wonders! The shampoo itself smells fresh, but after you rinse your hair out it doesn't leave a smell, which i love. It makes my hair extremely clean & strong. After the first use, it may feel a bit dry, but you'll get used to it after a couple of times. The conditioner works really well too - I use it as a leave in.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by kittypups4444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product WILL DO WONDERS FOR YOUR HAIR! I have been using this product for a while now, its making my hair get thicker and longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by peachcity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just used the shapoo and conditioner TOGETHER for the first time last night, and although my hair DEFINITELY felt thicker, my hair did seem to be very dry and straw like. I'll try and use just the conditioner next time in a cowash or use a different shampoo. For sure makes your hair feel thicker.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by patriciabain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my third time buying the two big bottles of Mane 'N' Tail (shampoo and conditioner) so I figured it was high time I gave them a review.

I first used this one summer when my hair was reasonably long, but I wanted to grow it long enough to donate to Locks of Love. I used the shampoo and conditioner, and I felt my hair grew much faster. It didn't grow obscenely fast like some people may claim, but it definitely grew faster. My hair felt healthy and clean, looked really shiny, and it grew quite quickly, which was nice. So I'd definitely recommend this to anyone looking to either grow their hair out or just for healthy-looking hair. It's not too expensive, either. I got the two big bottles for about 7.50 a piece and the bottles are huge. Oh, and I did end up donating my hair - 11 inches. :-)