October 23, 2014 | 1157 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by ninxdavid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the oldest brands that my mom endorsed to me. It was pretty expensive in local stores that I didn't bother to buy at first. But then, I damaged my hair and I was really desperate to revive it. So I bought the product, the biggest bottle one could ever find in the locale! I thought this is effective because of its price and it is imported. But then, it didn't my hair any better. It went so dry, if not, unmanageable. At times, it looks like I'm wearing hair gel because it made my hair stiff. It was weird. I thought that my hair was just adjusting to its chemicals, but when 3months passed, I got pissed off and bought another product without waiting the mane and tale product all used up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only used high-end hair products (kerastase, ojon & gold well) and have been disappointed with my lackluster locks. My hairstylist suggested a hair mask with protein and I immediately thought of this.

The shampoo lathers well, smells pleasant, and along with the conditioner, have made my hair shiny and soft.

This is a life saver.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Love4Ever

I just got this product a few days ago and I love, the price would have been better if I didn't live in new york the price would have been better, $4.25 instead of $8.79, but still compared to my last shampoo, between $13 and $15, it was better. This shampoo and conditioner is amazing, I have used it only 3 times and it has made my so soft and shiny. Today I went to my riding stable and a lot of the instructors asked if i had just gotten it cut or if I got it styled, I only did what I normally did to my hair, wash and straighten it so it will stay straight and it looked 10 times better than normall. This is the best shampoo I've used, especially better than the last one and it was a salon brand, my shampoo search is over. You at least have to try this shampoo, it might not work as well if your hair is a specific type, but it's worth the try to se if it works as well as it did for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by AspieMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for the first time when I saw it at the LA County Fair, near the horse area... at the time, my hair had been totally fried by too much dye and then stripping the day, so I figured if it could make horse hair nice and soft, maybe it would work for my hair. That was about 12-13 years ago, and this is all I've ever used since that day! I use the shampoo and conditioner, usually catch it on sale at the drugstore when they have it BOGO 1/2 off. I also use the conditioner for shaving my legs, it is awesome for that!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by marilynlovesyouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the Main n' Tail Shampoo and Conditioner!
I used this product when I had my natural uncolored hair to bra strap length.
Shampoo- It weakened my hair, and caused a lot of breakage along with bumps on my scalp.
Conditioner- I feel as though the conditioner was over-conditioning my hair causing it to feel "gummy." It also make my roots very greasy and broke my out along my hairline, scalp and around my neck and back area, with whiteheads and i've never had issues with whiteheads at all!
Overall, I would maybe recommend this to someone with colored/bleached hair that doesn't have any issues with acne.
Even though I have colored and bleached hair now, I don't think I would want to give it another try.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about twoo weeks together with the conditioner. I don't really get the hype. It seems like a very generic, normal shampoo to me. The smell is nothing to rave about. When used without conditioner it leaves my hair very dry and coarse. I don't like it.
I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by pattyr91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Truth be told, I HATED this shampoo and conditioner!!! I used the whole larger bottles of both thinking I would eventually see the results but nothing. Instead, it made a lot of my hair fall out. No matter how much I tried giving this shampoo a chance and loving it, it was a product I will NEVER buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by justicemarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So i was looking on here at the reviews on mane n' tail shampoo and conditioner and there were more good then bad, so i decided id try it. ive used it about 3 times so far, and I LOVE IT. i have short curly hair and i need something to make my hair soft and luscious and help it grow ( i wan long hair very bad) so far i give it an A+ :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this plus the matching conditioner. This shampoo does an excellent job of cleansing my long hair and scalp. After the first few uses, my hair was soft, smooth and light. However, I had a feeling that with all the high concentration of sulfates in this shampoo, I would later come to dislike it. I am now pretty much finished with my giant bottle of it, and I have decided not to rebuy. I found that my hair kind of comes out or breaks off more than it used to. A friend told me this stuff thins out your hair, and with all the sulfates, that's a very reasonable argument. This is a very good clarifying shampoo, but for daily use on fine hair, I would not recommend it. As for "making my hair grow longer", I didn't notice much of a difference, but I already have long locks. This did keep my split ends at bay for a good two months after trimming my hair, but it doesn't seem to be helping with that anymore. Also, I should note that the texture of this stuff is like, I can't describe it using any other words but "phlem-like". It's creamy-looking, but jiggles like jello. Weird.

Mainly, this stuff starts off good, then ends up average. I'd buy the smaller bottle (not the giant one) if you are serious about trying this shampoo, so if you don't like it, you won't be left with tons of product left.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I've used so many bottles of this stuff, and I must say that I like it. The shampoo really cleans my hair, and the conditioner softens and adds shine. But what I bought it for was to help my hair grow and grow stronger, and I really don't think it did that. I doubt I'll repurchase any more of these, but I'll finish the huge stockpile I have (there was a really good sale, okay!).