September 17, 2014 | 1924 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by pattyr91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Truth be told, I HATED this shampoo and conditioner!!! I used the whole larger bottles of both thinking I would eventually see the results but nothing. Instead, it made a lot of my hair fall out. No matter how much I tried giving this shampoo a chance and loving it, it was a product I will NEVER buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by justicemarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So i was looking on here at the reviews on mane n' tail shampoo and conditioner and there were more good then bad, so i decided id try it. ive used it about 3 times so far, and I LOVE IT. i have short curly hair and i need something to make my hair soft and luscious and help it grow ( i wan long hair very bad) so far i give it an A+ :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this plus the matching conditioner. This shampoo does an excellent job of cleansing my long hair and scalp. After the first few uses, my hair was soft, smooth and light. However, I had a feeling that with all the high concentration of sulfates in this shampoo, I would later come to dislike it. I am now pretty much finished with my giant bottle of it, and I have decided not to rebuy. I found that my hair kind of comes out or breaks off more than it used to. A friend told me this stuff thins out your hair, and with all the sulfates, that's a very reasonable argument. This is a very good clarifying shampoo, but for daily use on fine hair, I would not recommend it. As for "making my hair grow longer", I didn't notice much of a difference, but I already have long locks. This did keep my split ends at bay for a good two months after trimming my hair, but it doesn't seem to be helping with that anymore. Also, I should note that the texture of this stuff is like, I can't describe it using any other words but "phlem-like". It's creamy-looking, but jiggles like jello. Weird.

Mainly, this stuff starts off good, then ends up average. I'd buy the smaller bottle (not the giant one) if you are serious about trying this shampoo, so if you don't like it, you won't be left with tons of product left.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I've used so many bottles of this stuff, and I must say that I like it. The shampoo really cleans my hair, and the conditioner softens and adds shine. But what I bought it for was to help my hair grow and grow stronger, and I really don't think it did that. I doubt I'll repurchase any more of these, but I'll finish the huge stockpile I have (there was a really good sale, okay!).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by punkhrs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I would definitely recommend this product to someone who has thick and long or medium length hair. I have a pixie cut, but my hair is thick but fine. After only two uses, I have noticed my hair falling out. Beware when using this product if you have a certain type of hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Mandadanyele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love Mane 'n Tail Shampoo! I have thick curly hair that is very unmanageable so I use a lot of products in my hair everyday. This Shampoo cleans my hair VERY well and it also smells great. It doesn't dry my hair out either like most really expensive shampoos. So if you have really dry hair, I would recommend MNT since it doesn't dry my hair out at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by hannuh07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to use this product back in highschool when I recieved an servile mullette hair cut. I liked it but never thought that it was anything special. I decided to give it another try about a month and a half ago. I am in love!. I have naturaly oily hair and would be dripping oil by the 2nd day of no wash. Now I can go 3-4 days without washing and I am barely greasy. This makes me extremely happy! Now reading the comments a lot of people are saying that it is really drying and I agree BUT shampoo is not meant to be used from root to tip it is only to be massaged on the scalp to remove excess oil. Same les for conditioners. Only put conditioner on from the middle of your hair down. Like I said my scalp produces little oil now and my ends are great. I recommend using the matchjng shampoo and conditioner. I cannot say much about growth because I am so harsh on hoe long it takes my hair to grow but I can say that I got my hair cut about 3 weeks ago and it already back to its original length. That's a good sign. I also have a ton of body and shine to my hair. I would say that you take my advice on application because you don't want to over dry Ur ends with the shampooo just a thought hope u guys enjoy this great product and use it for more that a couple day to really get a feel of how it works

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by paolandlove

Great shampoo. If you want a good nice clean feeling of your hair/scalp try this!!!! It has a clarifying shampoo clean feel to it. It smells okay, kind of a neutral smell. It does make your hair feel kind of dry after you rinse out so use a conditioner. I normally wash my hair, put in conditioner for about 3-5 mins and then my hair will feel great. Not good for color treated hair, it'll wash it rightttt out. My hair grows really fast, I'm not sure if it's the shampoo or just me but it has grown like 3 inches in the last 2 months. (Woo-hoo). Good affordable shampoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by scrowell

Just started using this last week, and WOW. I am used to using Biolage, and this is 100 times better. I have been in the process of growing out my hair for a while now, its pretty long..but my hair is matte..no shine what so ever, its pretty thick and coarse but there is absolutely no shine, its so weird. After using this for about a week I see shine! :) thank the heavens above b/c ive tried just about EVERYTHING. Plus this gives my hair body galore! :) Girls, dont give up hope try this w/ the conditioner! love it. I found mine at walgreens on sale for $2.99 (whatta steal :p)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by bdebellis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know why it seems people think this product makes your hair feel like straw. I have really curly, dry hair that I straighten almost everyday. I tried mane and tail to see if the whole hair growth phenomena is true. Last night was my first use and even with out seeing if the hair growth is true- my hair is incredibly soft and shiny. It usually also gets really knotty- and i can run my hands through it fine. I say it's worth a try and hopefully the growth works!