December 22, 2014 | 891 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by ryanpaigee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great shampoo. (The conditioner's really nice too.) You can buy it at any drugstore/ grocery store. It has a clean, unoffensive, unnoticable scent. This cleans my hair, without over-moisturizing it and weighing it down. My hair feels smooth, and soft after I use it, and it calms my frizz down! I also feel like this stimulates my hair's growth, and it grow longer, faster-but maybe that's just me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by princesskel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i just bought this product last night! used it twice and i absolutely LOVEEE it. the shampoo made my hair feel so clean and the conditioner made my hair feel nice and soft! And it doesn't have Dimethicone in it (that's an ingredient in most shampoos/conditioners that is just petroleum and it builds up on your hair) so you don't have to alternate hair products. This is going to be my new permanent shampoo and conditioner. (:

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by kayakp

I got this product about 6 months ago and so far have been pleased. my hair is very unruly it likes to become frizzy and poofy. i cut my hair short about 7 years ago not knowing better and now i regret it totally because i cut off my baby hair that was so gorgous and long (all the way down my back) and ever since my hair has gone through so much. i have gone through highlights,dyings,and heat tools and my hair became so damaged. so i have now been trying to restore my old hair and grow it long and this shampoo and condition has helped. i see results every 3 months after my last trimming. and my hairdresser even commented on how my hair was so long and asked me what i was doing so i told her i have been using this and she was shocked because she thought that was a scam. the only thing im not very please about is the conditioner's moisterising ability. my hair is what i like to call bipolar XD because it could be curly one day or just light waves and it could be oily one day and super dry the next. so its complicated. so to make the conditioner better i add another conditioner to it which helps a lot. so over all this product is ok its not the best or anything but it worked for me so ill continue using it until i find something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by amanymuhsen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this for...about two-ish months and i saw, NO change. I also used the conditioner and there was no change. My hair looked the same. It was a little bit softer, but isnt everyone's hair after using conditioner?? I dont know why this didnt work for me, but it worked really good on my moms hair! LOL. my mom has really hard to grow hair and it worked for her. so...idk whats going on but its deff not for eveyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by turnmeloose

I have wavy hair. When I first tried mane n tail, my hair was very dry. it looked fried and felt very dry. I have never had shiny hair and i have tried so many different products to get it to do so. I have tried many different oils and hair masks. I started using mane 'n tail about 6 months ago. I immediantly noticed that it left my hair feeling nicer than any other shampoo and conditioner have, but i didnt see any visible results.
I used oil treatments in my hair 2 times a week then, but results only lasted for about two days. My hair didnt feel or look any different, but i still kept using it.

About 5 months into using it, I noticed a huge change in my hair. My hair is very very shiny and it looks beautiful. i have never had shiny hair before so im amazed that it looks this good. it is so soft and it feels so healthy. I have noticed my hair getting longer too. I absolutely this product and recommend it to all my friends.
But do note that it does take months before seeing good results! It is most definitely worth the wait!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by ninxdavid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the oldest brands that my mom endorsed to me. It was pretty expensive in local stores that I didn't bother to buy at first. But then, I damaged my hair and I was really desperate to revive it. So I bought the product, the biggest bottle one could ever find in the locale! I thought this is effective because of its price and it is imported. But then, it didn't my hair any better. It went so dry, if not, unmanageable. At times, it looks like I'm wearing hair gel because it made my hair stiff. It was weird. I thought that my hair was just adjusting to its chemicals, but when 3months passed, I got pissed off and bought another product without waiting the mane and tale product all used up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only used high-end hair products (kerastase, ojon & gold well) and have been disappointed with my lackluster locks. My hairstylist suggested a hair mask with protein and I immediately thought of this.

The shampoo lathers well, smells pleasant, and along with the conditioner, have made my hair shiny and soft.

This is a life saver.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Love4Ever

I just got this product a few days ago and I love, the price would have been better if I didn't live in new york the price would have been better, $4.25 instead of $8.79, but still compared to my last shampoo, between $13 and $15, it was better. This shampoo and conditioner is amazing, I have used it only 3 times and it has made my so soft and shiny. Today I went to my riding stable and a lot of the instructors asked if i had just gotten it cut or if I got it styled, I only did what I normally did to my hair, wash and straighten it so it will stay straight and it looked 10 times better than normall. This is the best shampoo I've used, especially better than the last one and it was a salon brand, my shampoo search is over. You at least have to try this shampoo, it might not work as well if your hair is a specific type, but it's worth the try to se if it works as well as it did for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 3:38:00 AM More reviews by AspieMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for the first time when I saw it at the LA County Fair, near the horse area... at the time, my hair had been totally fried by too much dye and then stripping the day, so I figured if it could make horse hair nice and soft, maybe it would work for my hair. That was about 12-13 years ago, and this is all I've ever used since that day! I use the shampoo and conditioner, usually catch it on sale at the drugstore when they have it BOGO 1/2 off. I also use the conditioner for shaving my legs, it is awesome for that!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by marilynlovesyouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the Main n' Tail Shampoo and Conditioner!
I used this product when I had my natural uncolored hair to bra strap length.
Shampoo- It weakened my hair, and caused a lot of breakage along with bumps on my scalp.
Conditioner- I feel as though the conditioner was over-conditioning my hair causing it to feel "gummy." It also make my roots very greasy and broke my out along my hairline, scalp and around my neck and back area, with whiteheads and i've never had issues with whiteheads at all!
Overall, I would maybe recommend this to someone with colored/bleached hair that doesn't have any issues with acne.
Even though I have colored and bleached hair now, I don't think I would want to give it another try.