September 22, 2014 | 955 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2007 3:16:00 PM More reviews by kathy_in_california

This is my absolute favorite foundation! It imparts a lovely even finish that lasts! It actually makes my skin look decent - which it isn't. I need a matte type foundation because my skin gets so oily, but most mattes are too chalky looking and settle into lines. Double Perfection doesn't. Double Perfection is the only liquid foundation I will use. (otherwise I use minerals) UPDATE: I accidently placed the liquid foundation review on the Compact review section, but have since purchased the Double Perfection Compact and love it more than the liquid! When I very first apply it, it looks a bit chalky, but almost immediately settles in and looks terrific! No breakouts, just terrific! Sometimes I'll use Diorskin Airflash over it and it looks super great = finished, but really I think the Airflash is nicer over Double Perection liquid.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2007 2:40:00 AM More reviews by brown117

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best stuff; covers like a dream but looks natural; I love this stuff; expensive, but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2007 10:52:00 PM More reviews by witticiism

I think I've finally found my HG foundation :) I have oily skin, and this is fantastic. I use it over YSL Teint Parfait #4 and it makes my skin look perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect. It tends to look a bit chalky at first, but it actually looks better once your face gets a bit oily and it actually gives your skin a more "satin matte" look. When I bought this I was worried that I wouldn't like it since I was iffy on the Teint Fluide Universel, but I lovelovelovelovelove this. I would buy it forever, and recommend to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 4:40:00 PM More reviews by NYNay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a few weeks now so I waited to write a review. I really *love* this foundation. I've used a dry application and just switched to wet--using a damp makeup sponge. I also make tiny downward strokes all over my face (not big sweeping strokes) and this seems to make it look even better. At first, it looks a teensy bit 'chalky' but that goes away after 10-20 minutes and it just looks very natural. I have very oily skin so this is fantastic! It doesn't feel heavy at ALL, actually my face feels very silky after I apply this and it has medium coverage (more coverage can be obtained by layering of course). Can't say enough about how great this product is, I love the packaging, very elegant and even though I paid $48 for it, I will definitely repurchase. I can't wait to see how it works in the summer months, it is very humid and hot where I live so I think applying dry will be perfect. Plus, this compact travels well and is fun to reapply, it's so pretty that it feels like a treat to use. Thanks to ALL makeup alley gals who reviewed before me, I never would have discovered this great product w/out this website! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2006 7:27:00 PM More reviews by jootje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had been looking for a good foundation for ages, getting samples at every possible store and trying all of them. I'm very picky when it comes to foundation, I want it perfect. And perfect it is. I absolutely love this foundation! I love how it's a powder so you can decide how much coverage you want. My face tends to become a little oily near the and of the day, but with this stuff on I don't have to worry about that. The most imporant thing to me is that it looks very natural. No one can ever tell I am wearing it. Chanel is the only brand that has a perfect color match for my skin (I use the 80 in summer and 70 in winter). I love the packaging, it's really usefull and pretty. I usually don't use the spunge for applying though, unless I want full coverage. Most of the time I just apply a little with a kabuki brush, which is enough for my skin to look fabulous and matte all day. It also makes my pores less visible. It is kind of pricey but it lasts a very long time and I'm so glad I finally found something I like, I really don't give a damn about the price! This is the only foundation I let near my skin.
Edit: I have been using it for nearly 2 years now and I still absolutely love it!
Edit2: Since they changed the formula I thought I'd update again. I don't really notice a difference, it might feel a little lighter on the skin but that's about it. I still love it to death! I love how they improved the package, it's much easier to refill now.
Edit 3: Three years later, still using it daily, still loving it.
Edit 4: Nearly 4 years later. Still using and loving it.
Edit 5: Lala, another year later and still using it everyday. (:
Edit 6: After 5 years of everyday use I realized that this is mildly clogging my pores... It doesn't break me out, just clogged pores and only on my cheeks. I started wearing this when I still had acne and that has cleared up since then so I thought this couldn't be clogging my pores. I realized it was when I didn't wear anything on my face for a week. My skin looked a lot smoother and all my clogged pores were gone or going away. I'm sure it's this as I was only wearing two things on my face before: moisturizer and this. I've tested my moisturizer by applying it just to one side of my face for weeks and it definitely doesn't clog my pores. I now only use this on special occassions and otherwise I wear nothing on my face. So unfortunately I will have to take off a lippy for this. All powders I've tried clog my pores btw. I still love this because of it's perfect color match, natural look and oil fighting properties.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2006 10:23:00 PM More reviews by patentg33k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation. I tried this when my skin started going a little oil-crazy and breaking out, as an alternative to Pro Lumiere (which I also love). The DPC helps my skin looking nice and natural. The coverage is medium when using a powder brush. Gets VERY heavy on me when I use the sponge that comes with the compact. So I stay with the brush.

At the same time that I bought Chanel's DPC, I tested a lot of mineral powder foundations (Alima, BE, Jane Iredale). The DPC looks so much more finely milled and gives my skin a much more poreless and natural look. The DPC lasts all day, while the minteral foundations break down and disappear after a few hours.

The DPC is expensive, but really does deliver. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2006 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Samantha378

After years of trying to find the right foundation for my combination, break out prone, sensitive skin, I have found my HG! I absolutely love love love this foundation. It makes my skin flawless without making it look cakey. It controls oil and looks completely natural. It is easy to apply, easy to blen and it doesn't melt in my country's humid weather. I'm on my 3rd refil and even if it is on the expensive side, I don't think I'll switch anytime soon. This is also one of the few foundations that has NOT caused me to break out. Bravo!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2006 8:36:00 AM More reviews by piink

I'm using 30 Aurora (NC20 or Bobbi Brown in 5 Soft sand). I've tried Estee Lauder & Bobbi Brown pressed powder before, but this Channel Double Perfection powder give me the best coverage ever. With its powder foundation formula, my imperfection is completely covered & its velvety texture give me a flawless complexion. This is my 2nd purchase, I gave away the 1st one to my mom because she also love it. Comes with ellegant packaging complete w/ the sponge, but I rarely use it, I use my powder brush instead to get more natural everyday looks. Quite expensive but it's worthed..!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2006 10:52:00 AM More reviews by 4annabananas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the BEST foundation/ powder ever. You can totally control the coverage of this...use the sponge it comes with for heavier coverage & a fluffy powder brush for lighter coverage. I always use this stuff dry. Blends perfectly with skin, evens out skin tone, hides pores & redness. I have been using this for about 5 years--I keep one in my makeup bag at home & another one in my handbag for touch ups. This is the one product I will not leave the house without putting on. I'll even forgo mascara & lipgloss before this powder. I know, its expensive compared to some other powders, but it is SOOOO WORTH IT! I've even gotton my sister & some friends addicted to this stuff (takes care of the redness some of us get from overindulging in wine & martinis)! And the compact it comes in is just so chic--I love pulling it out to reapply this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2006 11:22:00 AM More reviews by doeeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG! I just swipe on a bit of it from compact, glide in onto skin with sponge, and the result is a very smooth, soft, matt, and radiant finish. I pat on more powder whereever i feel i need more coverage, and the result is not chalky. CDP when used alone is sufficient to give a nice, baby smooth, and even complexion. It also sits well on top of liquid foundations. CDP is the perfect on-the-go complexion-perfection antidote- no fuss, no need to worry about streaks or blotchiness, dont need mirror for application. :)