April 17, 2014 | 1320 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2006 10:23:00 PM More reviews by patentg33k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation. I tried this when my skin started going a little oil-crazy and breaking out, as an alternative to Pro Lumiere (which I also love). The DPC helps my skin looking nice and natural. The coverage is medium when using a powder brush. Gets VERY heavy on me when I use the sponge that comes with the compact. So I stay with the brush.

At the same time that I bought Chanel's DPC, I tested a lot of mineral powder foundations (Alima, BE, Jane Iredale). The DPC looks so much more finely milled and gives my skin a much more poreless and natural look. The DPC lasts all day, while the minteral foundations break down and disappear after a few hours.

The DPC is expensive, but really does deliver. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2006 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Samantha378

After years of trying to find the right foundation for my combination, break out prone, sensitive skin, I have found my HG! I absolutely love love love this foundation. It makes my skin flawless without making it look cakey. It controls oil and looks completely natural. It is easy to apply, easy to blen and it doesn't melt in my country's humid weather. I'm on my 3rd refil and even if it is on the expensive side, I don't think I'll switch anytime soon. This is also one of the few foundations that has NOT caused me to break out. Bravo!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2006 8:36:00 AM More reviews by piink

I'm using 30 Aurora (NC20 or Bobbi Brown in 5 Soft sand). I've tried Estee Lauder & Bobbi Brown pressed powder before, but this Channel Double Perfection powder give me the best coverage ever. With its powder foundation formula, my imperfection is completely covered & its velvety texture give me a flawless complexion. This is my 2nd purchase, I gave away the 1st one to my mom because she also love it. Comes with ellegant packaging complete w/ the sponge, but I rarely use it, I use my powder brush instead to get more natural everyday looks. Quite expensive but it's worthed..!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2006 10:52:00 AM More reviews by 4annabananas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the BEST foundation/ powder ever. You can totally control the coverage of this...use the sponge it comes with for heavier coverage & a fluffy powder brush for lighter coverage. I always use this stuff dry. Blends perfectly with skin, evens out skin tone, hides pores & redness. I have been using this for about 5 years--I keep one in my makeup bag at home & another one in my handbag for touch ups. This is the one product I will not leave the house without putting on. I'll even forgo mascara & lipgloss before this powder. I know, its expensive compared to some other powders, but it is SOOOO WORTH IT! I've even gotton my sister & some friends addicted to this stuff (takes care of the redness some of us get from overindulging in wine & martinis)! And the compact it comes in is just so chic--I love pulling it out to reapply this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2006 11:22:00 AM More reviews by doeeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG! I just swipe on a bit of it from compact, glide in onto skin with sponge, and the result is a very smooth, soft, matt, and radiant finish. I pat on more powder whereever i feel i need more coverage, and the result is not chalky. CDP when used alone is sufficient to give a nice, baby smooth, and even complexion. It also sits well on top of liquid foundations. CDP is the perfect on-the-go complexion-perfection antidote- no fuss, no need to worry about streaks or blotchiness, dont need mirror for application. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 12:31:00 PM More reviews by audreyk

What a great foundation. The sales ladies at Chanel are so helpful and kind, as always. Anyway, I got this foundation and I love how it keeps me matte all day, 10+ hours. After that, my skin looks glowy, not really oily and definitely not full blown shiny/greasy. In fact, this is so good at controlling my oily skin that at the end of the day (especially if I've been wearing the foundation for days consecutively) my oily oily skin feels a bit DRY. it's nothing that a little moisturizer won't cure though. I don't think I got the right color though, but of course, that's not the fault of the foundation. Will purchase again even though my wallet will feel the pain.

EDIT: 7.10.07: This is still a great foundation, but after about a year and a half of wearing it, it triggered a semi severe bout of rosacea on my cheek so I've had to stop wearing it. I couldn't figure out what was causing the rosacea until I stopped wearing this. Finally, my skin is beginning to heal. Perhaps not for the sensitive skinned people.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2006 2:47:00 PM More reviews by glamrockgal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am using Studio Fix as its a great product great results but it breaks me out.Thats why to replace it I bought chanel double perfection compact powder foundation.Chanel SA was horrible she was lack of product knowledge so I couldnt get the tips about how to apply.But I also bought mac 187 brush and this compact has a nice applicator I just could apply it.I liked the results.And it did not break me out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2006 6:06:00 AM More reviews by myoung82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this compact! I used to wear studio fix from MAC and this is close to the same thing. its really expensive but for my skin, it really works. (oily and i break out every once in a while.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 12:21:00 AM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this from a friend for my birthday and unfortunately, I don't think she got the right color (but I would have felt bad if I complained so I told her the color matched perfectly). Anyways so it's a bit too light for MY skin tone. But I can got the gist of this powder. So I like how it does make the skin look matte and the coverage is medium level. The texture is thicker and creamier than most powder foundations, but when I put it on, it makes my skin feel really smooth and soft. However, during that time of the month, when my skin tends to get more pimples and become irritated more, this foundation doesn't cover those. When the irratation brings flaky skin, this powder accentuates my flaw and it makes it too obvious that I'm wearing makeup. So I don't think this foundation would be good for dry skin people, it'd prob. work best on normal, combo, oily skins. I might consider buying this product again with the right shade this time, but it's way too expensive. If I ever overcome my consumers guilt thing after buying something expensive, I would like to try this out. But for now, I stick with Clinique's Superfit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2006 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this powder foundation a while ago and I really really liked the way it looked on my skin, the coverage was not all that but it still looked very very good and it made my skintone more even and the staying power was good not gret..but overrall thi is a really good powder that i would want to buy again..if i want to waste so much on it...I use Medium Beige.