Chanel Double Perfection Compact

Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Silica, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Lauryl Lactate, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Polyisoprene, Zinc Oxide, Propylparaben, Bis-Hydroxyethoxypropyl Dimethicone/IPDI Copolymer Ethylcarbamate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate.May Contain: Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

on 6/1/2007 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have a very oily t-zone, and I live in Texas which is always hot. Put on my foundation this morning and I dont' have the oil slick I usually do on my face. I have tried Loreal, Merle Norman, Flirt, Sephora, Cover girl, Sue Devitt and nothing compares. It has pretty good staying power, but the oil control is great. Best I have found so far. It is very pricey but having a good foundation is important. If you can afford it you should definately get it, it's worth the bucks.

on 5/9/2007 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My HG! It looks natural, doesn't cake, and controls oil. This is really wonderful for oily gals, but might be too dry & too powdery for people with dry skin. The color (50 Poudré) is PERFECT on my Asian yellow skin tone (MAC C3).

on 4/16/2007 12:37:00 PM

This product is great for my combination skin, can build up the coverage. It makes my skin look so flawless and glowing without the cheap shimmer or greasy pink affect that some foundations leave behind. I cant comment on how this foundation would look over acne breakouts because i never use make-up when i have a breakout as i was told by the SA at Chanel that its best to let the skin breathe and apply as little as possible when suffering from acne breakouts, and it works for me i find my breakouts heal faster when i don't apply make-up to cover-up. Good packaging does not clog pores and looks great on my olive toned skin.

on 4/12/2007 2:14:00 AM

I just love this! I tried using the double perfection liquid foundation and I thought that was great but this is better! It's faster for me to brush on powder than apply liquid foundation I'm sure I will be reaching out for this more often - when rushing to go to work - which is most of the time! I have combination skintype and my T-zone got a bit oily after 4hrs and I expect it to be more mattifying but I don't mind. It's so finely milled, my pores don't look that visible, photographs very well too - I don't look too white or chalky or gray! I've found the perfect shade for me - medium beige! I prefer using this over Clinique Perfectly Real compact and all the mineral foundation I've tried like BE, EM and Alima. Big downside though is the price - it's super expensive but I think it's worth it! If ever I would splurge on any makeup I think it should be the powder or foundation. For reference I'm C3.

on 3/25/2007 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this powder. My skin is usually sensitive to heavy makeup, but I don't break out when I use this. The coverage is amazing, the best I have tried so far (better than MAC studio finish and Estee Lauder Double Matte). I love the packaging, it comes with a velvet bag and all. A little pricey, but it's totally worth it!

on 2/21/2007 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I always stray from this product due to the expense, but then spend much more on cheaper brands that simply cannot hold a candle to this Chanel magical powder. I have oily skin. I apply this once and it lasts all day. As soon as I go back to it, people start remarking on how great my skin looks. It never breaks me out either. Total love.

Edit: DRAT!! This does break me out. I'm heart broken. But at least i have found Revlon Colorstay and my skin has cleared.

This is my absolute favorite foundation! It imparts a lovely even finish that lasts! It actually makes my skin look decent - which it isn't. I need a matte type foundation because my skin gets so oily, but most mattes are too chalky looking and settle into lines. Double Perfection doesn't. Double Perfection is the only liquid foundation I will use. (otherwise I use minerals) UPDATE: I accidently placed the liquid foundation review on the Compact review section, but have since purchased the Double Perfection Compact and love it more than the liquid! When I very first apply it, it looks a bit chalky, but almost immediately settles in and looks terrific! No breakouts, just terrific! Sometimes I'll use Diorskin Airflash over it and it looks super great = finished, but really I think the Airflash is nicer over Double Perection liquid.

on 1/31/2007 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Best stuff; covers like a dream but looks natural; I love this stuff; expensive, but worth it.

on 1/6/2007 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think I've finally found my HG foundation :) I have oily skin, and this is fantastic. I use it over YSL Teint Parfait #4 and it makes my skin look perfect, perfect, perfect, perfect. It tends to look a bit chalky at first, but it actually looks better once your face gets a bit oily and it actually gives your skin a more "satin matte" look. When I bought this I was worried that I wouldn't like it since I was iffy on the Teint Fluide Universel, but I lovelovelovelovelove this. I would buy it forever, and recommend to anyone.

on 12/28/2006 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have been using this for a few weeks now so I waited to write a review. I really *love* this foundation. I've used a dry application and just switched to wet--using a damp makeup sponge. I also make tiny downward strokes all over my face (not big sweeping strokes) and this seems to make it look even better. At first, it looks a teensy bit 'chalky' but that goes away after 10-20 minutes and it just looks very natural. I have very oily skin so this is fantastic! It doesn't feel heavy at ALL, actually my face feels very silky after I apply this and it has medium coverage (more coverage can be obtained by layering of course). Can't say enough about how great this product is, I love the packaging, very elegant and even though I paid $48 for it, I will definitely repurchase. I can't wait to see how it works in the summer months, it is very humid and hot where I live so I think applying dry will be perfect. Plus, this compact travels well and is fun to reapply, it's so pretty that it feels like a treat to use. Thanks to ALL makeup alley gals who reviewed before me, I never would have discovered this great product w/out this website! :)