MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

on 6/15/2011 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of my all time favorite MAC eyeshadows. It is a peachy beige color that is stunning! I love applying it all over my lid and running out the door for a simple eye look. It also pairs wonderfully with darker brown shades in the crease, such as Satin Taupe or Mulled Cider. For gals with fair skin it will pull a little more orange, which I know some people don't like. I will repurchase this for sure when I run out.

on 6/13/2011 12:07:00 PM

This is a pretty shimmery pale pink shadow. I do like it but honestly it's nothing grand... There are many other companies including MAC that have something similar.. I don't regret buying it and use it every now and then so I'm sure I won't be repurchasing it..

on 6/13/2011 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Grr, I should've returned this when I had the chance. I'm sure all fair ladies probably know this by now, but I didn't make friends with MakeupAlley until after I bought this shade (this was my first eyeshadow from MAC), so I just want to say as a reminder: "All porcelain ladies, this color WILL look orange on you!" Yes, orange! ATG is a beautiful bronze shade (those with darker skin tones would call this color a pink champagne) but the undertones are so warm that it's just too much for me (I'm NW15). On other, darker skinned women, it looks like a pink bronze, on me it looks like a coral bronze! I kept it because when I do want to give my eyes that touch of warmth, I use just a basic golden champagne color on the lid, and SPARINGLY apply ATG in the outer corner (I don't blend it inwards, because then it would be way too much). The result for that looks beautiful, but if 14.50 is what I paid for a shade to only work like that, well, first, I'm never going to run out of it, and second, there's many other, not-as-orange shades out there that can do the same thing. The reason for my low rating is not necessarily because the shade didn't work on me, it's because this is known for being a 'universally flattering' color for every skin tone. I call bologna on that one, because it's just not true.

on 6/13/2011 10:29:00 AM

What a great colour! It looks bronze - pink - gold on my eyelids. It is a versatile colour and it matches almost every warm look! When I am in a hurry and can't decide this is the eyeshadow I pick, paired with expensive pink or satin taupe for the crease/outer V.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I actually don't like this eyeshadow. It's a very nice shimmery natural shade, but I just don't prefer the pink undertone, even though it's not very noticeable. I have another MAC eyeshadow that serves the same purpose of this one though, so I just exchanged All That Glitters for Shroom.

If your looking for an all over shimmery wash, then I'd recommend this eyeshadow. Otherwise, it's a very standard eyeshadow and you'll be able to find a similar shade anywhere in a range from drugstore to luxury ends.

on 5/17/2011 4:14:00 PM

This is now one of my favourite eyeshadows though when I first bought it last year when I was just starting to get into MAC I wasn't that fussed on it for some reason. Now that i've rediscovered it I don't understand why I didn't really like it at first.

Its a very nice peachy, shimmery colour and is also a Veluxe Pearl so the texture is lovely and very pigmented. It goes on very smooth. I usually wear it all over the lid with Mulch in the crease/outer corner and line my top lid with Carbon or Typographic for a nice neutral look.

Whenever I run out I would definitely buy this eyeshadow again.

on 5/14/2011 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Gorgeous bronze-gold eyeshadow; a must-have in my book. A great neutral shadow that everyone should have.

on 5/6/2011 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love All That Glitters because of the shade. I hate pure gold, but this beige peachy gold is so lovely on lids. It really does just brighten up your look and make you glow. Definately my favorite mac shadow.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this shadow so much! I can wear it effortlessly and I love that. It blends like a dream and lasts all day. It was my 1st MAC shadow I ever totally used up. It's a gorgeous medium champagne beige shade. I love wearing it allover my lid with Nylon as a highlight.

on 4/30/2011 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

'All That Glitters' Is the perfect eye shadow to glam up your boring day time make up!
It's a beige/peachy gold and really brings out my blue eyes :)

Top Rated MAC Products