LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.2

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

on 2/11/2011 10:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was roped into buying this while in store. The girl had me use Ocean Salt and then this. I was automatically in love and bought both on top of my other stuff. I have been by far the most disappointed with this then anything LUSH I have ever purchased. It has packaging that like all LUSH packaging, I find hard to open and close. The scent of this itself is toxic smelling. It reminds me of household cleaners and candles to repel bugs. To me it did not smell this strong in store so I don't know if I just got a specially strong jar. I have especially dry hands. In the winter my hands usually look like they have eczema. They are red and irritated looking. The cream itself is not what I was expecting. I have tried this two ways. I used it just on my cuticles and I also used it all over my hands with cotton gloves. I did not like either way. My skin did not feel any softer or smoother. And the worse part was that they smelled bad and it was an expensive bad smell. I would not repurchase this at all. I did not like the scent nor did I like the formula so to me it is just not worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think it's the best cuticle butter. One might say that it's pricy, but considering that if used as a cuticle butter only it lasts ages, I'd say that it's reasonable. As with all Lush products, it has a strong and unique smell, that not everybody is bound to love.
I luckily quite like it :-)

on 2/10/2011 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used both the original version of Lemony Flutter which contained palm kernel oil, as well as the latest version with coconut oil. I used the original version for a long time and I actually prefer it over the new version. The price of the new version was also increased by a few dollars. Boo!

The original Lemony Flutter, henceforth referred to as OLF, was a just a tiny bit waxier and melted like butter when warmed up between my fingers. It was so rich and absorbed into my skin within minutes. I used to slather on some Lemony Flutter on my hands and when I woke up in the morning, my hands were softer and smoother than satin. The texture of the old balm was also a little on the gritty side and tended to separate, but I didnít care.

New Lemony Flutter, or NLF, is not as waxy and creamier. Normally, I wouldnít mind that but the fragrance of NLF really makes me gag. OLF had a faint lemony fragrance, and while NLF has some of the same lemony fragrance, it also has a note of stank that makes me gag. Frankly, it reminds me of the smell of pig intestines. The smell dissipates quickly but the initial application never fails to make me fight back the urge to vomit violently. Right now, Iím kicking myself extra hard over my temporary fit of frugality in late 2010. I usually keep back-ups of Lemony Flutter in my refrigerator but I did not stock up on Lemony Flutter before it was reformulated and the price increased.

So, to recap: I donít like the new Lemony Flutter but stanky Lemony Flutter is better than no Lemony Flutter. The old version was HG material and gets 5 lippies from me. The new version gets maybe 4 lippies.

on 1/28/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This. Is. Awful.

I mean, it's a decent moisturizer, but for the price? Absolutely NOT. Especially considering how terrible it smells. Ladies, don't waste your money. There are other cuticle treatments out there that perform just as well (if not better) and certainly don't have headache-inducing fragrances. Yuck.

on 1/23/2011 10:32:00 AM

Amazing product! It smells of real lemons, not fake fragrance and is so easy to apply and can transform nasty cuticles overnight. Also works on gnarly skin on your feet too. Haven't tried it on my hands as it might be a bit strong but as a general butter, it's amazing. My only advice would be to stay away if you hate the smell of lemons, otherwise go and get it now!

on 1/21/2011 2:27:00 PM

The lemon smell of this stuff is heavenly and it definitely softens my cuticles but I hate the greasy residue it leaves behind. I have scooped this out of the pot and put in a bunch of little ones for my purse, backpack, etc. It lasts forever because you only need the tiniest little bit. If I ever use up an entire pot, I will be repurchasing. Nice product.

on 1/17/2011 4:57:00 PM

I love this product. The SA told me because of the lemon juice in it (it has a lemon's worth) it also gets rid of dead skin cells. I used it before I pushed and trimmed my cuticles and my nails looks great. and feel great. It is very greasy so if you dislike greasiness turn away from this product. It also has a very very strong smell which I don't mind at all. My cuticles haven't looked this good in a while. And while it is expensive ($15 + tx or not depending on where you're getting it) I don't predict I'll have to buy a new one for many moons. Unless you're using it on your entire body, it will last you.

on 1/1/2011 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i use this as a foot cream

i usually dont use any but i got this as a gift and it feels like youre walking on clouds!

i also use it for my knees and elbows its very moisturizing i like it a lot

it is not for those who hate the smell of lemons :P

on 12/31/2010 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I went and got a manicure and the lady completely messed up my cuticles to the point where they hurt. I figured LF would make me feel better.

I have a love/hate relationship with Lush. I love them one minute but the next minute Lush's products either irritate me or worsen a preexisting condition. *shrug* At the moment, I love LF. The SA told me to put it on at night, which I do and I also keep the tub next to my computer so everytime I see my cuticles, i can just swab a bit of LF and everything will be just dandy.

LF smells like the yellow/orange fruit loops. I absolutely LOVE the smell.

Hate: Lush. Spent $16 on this tiny tub that wasnt even 100% full, not even at 50%, probably a little less than that. A lesson learned to check the tubs before I checkout.

on 12/19/2010 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was recommended this by the SA at Lush. She told me this was a multiple use product, and could be used to moisturize hands and feet as well as your rough spots such as elbows and knees and as a lip treatment. I work at a hospital, and deal with a lot of paperwork. So my hands are extremely dry. At only $15, I asked myself why not? I got home and immediately tried this product. The sales woman told me to apply at night before bed time, because Lemony Flutter is awfully greasy, and absorbs bests overnight. I chose to apply before I watched a movie, and surprisingly it absorbed in about 30 minutes. The smell doesn't bother me as much as other reviewers have stated. I didn't like it as a lip treatment, but it worked great as a hand and foot moisturizer. That was, until I missed an application on the third night of using it. The next morning, my hands were drier than ever. My feet were peeling. I can't explain it, but this stuff only works if you keep using it. I don't have the time to be applying this faithfully every night. And I most certainly can't apply this during the day - grease alert! So in conclusion, I would have given this product 5 lippies, if it weren't for the fact that you have to use it constantly. Not worth the $15 IMO.

Video Reviews & Tutorials