China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

on 9/17/2010 10:43:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

It's pretty but I'm not blown away by it. It's a very "teen" color. It is not a professional red that you can wear to work in my opinion. I'll wear it on weekends but I wouldn't buy again.

on 9/17/2010 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This color is amazing! One of the best reds EVER! It looks gorgeous on. Just like Dororthy's ruby slippers. I'm in love with this color. Received so many compliments on it. Would definitely purchase again.

on 9/16/2010 6:29:00 AM

I have been on a polish kick lately with the change of seasons coming soon. I always seem drawn to "reds", and can't seem to have enough of them...I have an eye for any red with a twist, ie. mixed with shimmer, blended with colors, or just a unique red......This was probably the first polish that caught my eye out of the entire collection. It stood out to me like a lttle jewel..The other MUA folks have pretty much summed up anything I could say about it, but I will say it again...Ladies, it's a GOREGOUS red. It will look stunning on a pedi and also lovely for mani's..I wish the winter would hurry and get here just so I can wear this....I am NC20-25 but truly think most skin tones can pull this off...Also those of you who like your "reds" Sugar Sugar" by Sinful is a gorgeous red with shimmer, not glitter, also quite lovely...I agree with the reviewer that said get it while you can because once the holidays hit this will be harder to get your hands on... :)

on 9/15/2010 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I am not typically a glitter polish-wearer. HOWEVER, this red is absolutely to-die for. The red is rich and the glitter is just perfect. In addition, it goes on smoothly and the glitter particles are the perfect size. I love it

on 9/10/2010 3:10:00 AM

my favorite sparkly red polish, love wearing it at christmas!

on 9/4/2010 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE! perfect red, perfect glitter! i am going out to get another (maybe 2 more!) tomorrow!

on 9/3/2010 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This looks exactly like if you took a swatch from Dorothy's shoes and put them on your fingertips. That's the best way to describe it. It really and truly does look just like Dorothy's ruby pumps. On my NW25 skin, it is the perfect red.

Thin formula, but I found 2 coats sufficient. Some slight pooling with application. The glitter is not chunky, but super fine and not gritty feeling. Cleanup is tedious, however that is to be expected with red/glitter polishes. I absolutely adore this color. Will definitely repurchase.

This is my HG red polish. perfect amount of glitter, great formula. Can't stop staring at my nails when I'm wearing this! IMO, every girl needs to own this.

on 8/29/2010 4:38:00 PM

If you like keeping your nails red during December/Feb, etc., then you FOR SURE need to go buy this NOW. You will not be able to find it in a few months. The color is AWESOME, especially on toes. :-)

on 8/29/2010 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Best glittery red polish EVER! I can't stop admiring my nails. I don't think there is anything I could add to the revews that hasn't already been said. Its a beautiful ruby polish with glitter swimming all through it. Certainly not lacking in the glitter department! I found 3 coats were required to get true to bottle look. It was a nice thin(er) consistency. Not so much that it pooled, but just enough that it sort of leveled itself out as brushed on. Oh how "Dorothy" would love this color of polish! I really don't think this polish is OVER hyped...its worthy of all its praise! I would buy this time and time again. I can't be without it now. This will be a wonderful color during the coming holidays!

Popular Polishes