August 29, 2014 | 452 users online

Lash Treatments - Ardell - Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 4:33:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very short, thin Asian eyelashes and want that magical product to make them grow longer and thicker. For only about $5 at Ulta, I had nothing to lose with this. I don't really want to repeat all that's been said so I'll get to the point. I've been using it about 4 or 5 nights per week for several weeks. I'm afraid to "overuse" this and face bad results and that's why I am not using it 2x a day like others. The super thin hairs seem to be thicker and more visible now especially the ones in the corners. I'm not sure if these smaller strands really are thicker or it's an illlusion from the conditioning but they definitely appear thicker although the rest of the hairs pretty much looks the same. I have noticed that ever since I started using this, I've been getting more of a natural looking curl and the curl seems to stay much longer too. It's even curled without mascara and using a curler sometimes which is a miracle because my lashes are usually crazy and pointed in different directions. Are my lashes stronger? Honestly, I haven't noticed any difference. I hate the wand. The bristles are far apart so you can't get much product out and they aren't packed densely enough for my liking. I am also warning you but I get a lot more eye crust now. I am a heavy sleeper so maybe I am rubbing some of this stuff into my eyes while sleeping but I haven't developed any allergic reactions and my eyes can be quite sensitive. I haven't seen growth of any new hair. Overall, not a bad product but not great either. I'm not sure if I would rebuy..I'll decide when I'm out and if I start to see any major changes but for now I am giving it an extra point for curl assistance.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Sharleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading a rave reviews about this product I decided to give it a try. At only $4.00 a tube I really didnt have anything to loose. I have'nt noticed any growth like other reviewers reported but I did find that my lashes rarely ever fall out now. Before I started using this product I would always notice that my lashes were falling out when I would remove my mascara. But now my towel is eyelash free when I remove my mascara. This product is a great conditioner and it's for a great price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really good product. I got a L/eyelid infection a few months back and lost all of my top, and most of my bottom eyelashes. Because my eyelashes were a good length to begin with, you can imagine how strange I looked. Well, I doubled up on my Twinlab 'Hair, Skin, and Nail vitamins and luckily began to see stubble about a month after my infection cleared. After reading the reviews ,on this site, about the Ardell Lash conditioner, I decided to give it a try. I'd used lash conditioners in the past but none seemed to live up to the hype, nor their price-tag IMO. WOULD YOU BELIEVE MY LEFT-EYELASHES ARE BACK TO NORMAL?? As a matter of fact, they're longer. I've actually clipped them (my eyelashes look 'scary-long' with the Deja Vu Fiberwig Mascara I'm using). Today, while drinking a glass of water, my eyelashes touched the rim of my upturned cup......*talk about flipping the freak out with joy* lol. This item should be on the "What women can't do without" list.....seriously!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by richaco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I will definitely buy this product again and again. Comes in a tube similar to mascara, brush on lashes each night, and it took only a few days for me to notice results. With Talika, I saw results, just not near as quick and my lashes were not as lush as when using the Ardell.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 4:09:00 AM More reviews by lahoorah2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing! I'm on my second tube! I have never been able to curl my lashes because they were so short and I have deep set eyes to which a curler cannot reach, but after using this... My lashes have almost tripled in length! This product was very very very hard to find, however... I went to 5 different Ultas to find it. Luckily, I stocked up. If anything, I can always buy it at drugstore.com, and I definitely will if I can't find it in town again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by menelausee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this product (after reading all the raves) for about two weeks now, and I am absolutely FANATICAL about it!! It's only 4 bucks and even after a mere week or two I see incredible improvement of my lashes! I'm Asian, and have short, sparse lashes. With this product, they are growing thicker, longer, and even curling a little at the ends!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 1:37:00 AM More reviews by jadoreLeCute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree that this is more of a lash conditioner rather than a growth stimulator, but regardless of whatever you wanna call the product, the truth is that it works. I used it religiously every night for a month straight before it went bad (smell & texture changed) along with taking Biotin pills daily. After I stopped using this I noticed I started losing lashes again as they were weaker, but they had grown out to where they're actually noticable. (I'm Asian, enough said?) I'm on a new tube now and the falling lashes have stopped again. This is a great cheap product for 3$ and change, just be careful not to get it in your eye because it stings like no other

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2008 7:52:00 PM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It works. It really does. Plus, it's only $4 (and change, depending on where you get it from), so you're really not missing that much if it doesn't work. Unfortunately, this stuff stings like crazy if it gets into your eyes! And I'm an Asian with monolids, so it's virtually impossible for it to NOT get into my eyes. And it drives me INSANE; it burns and stings and I actually have to get up and rinse out my eyes to get rid of the pain because it hurts so much. At first it wasn't so bad the first few nights, because I wasn't rubbing my eyes or yawning too much (my tearducts squeeze which causes the stuff to get into my eyes too)... but then after that, I just... can't stand the stinging feeling! I had to throw the stuff out so I wouldn't be tempted to use it again because it was just that uncomfortable. I'd rather spend more money on something that doesn't make my eyes burn uncomfortably every time (for my credit, I may be allergic to something in it because this doesn't seem to be a frequent problem).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Idony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this product!! I don't know how i ever lived without this. Heard so many good things about it but every store i went to was sold out. Recently, i've started losing lashes in bulk so i went to search for it again and finally found it. I figured even if it doesn't make my lashes grow, it'll still be good as a lash conditioner.
Not only did it work fantastically as a conditioner and protector (i now have minimal lash fall out), but it's only been a week and i can see a noticeble change in my lash growth. I have moderately long asian stick straight lashes but now they look visibly longer and thicker, like i have everyday mascara on. I am so psyched, such a wonderful multipurpose product. I apply it twice a day, once in the morning and once before i go to bed, on both the bottom and the top.
It also works really well as a mascara base. I was contemplating getting either the Shiseido or the Lancome base but honestly, now with this, i can't imagine anything working better. I just apply 2 coats or this, wait for it to dry then curl gently and apply my Lancome Hypnose on top. It looks AMAZING. I don't think my lashes have ever been so long beautiful. I can't stop looking at them.
This stuff is definitely addictive but it's a must.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by trulylovely

I've gone through 3 tubes of this and have noticed almost no difference at all. It goes bad very quickly and gets a horrible smell. My eyelashes look no better or worse, so I won't buy this again. I have started using as a brow gel, and almost no difference there either. My brows are thin and sparse and I was hoping for some new growth. This does do a fine job of holding my brows in place during the day, but it doesn't really do what it says it will, so I won't repurchase.