August 22, 2014 | 1694 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by elisabethm84

This product is fantastic! It's made my mid-length wavy colour treated(auburn) hair bouncy, shiny, frizz-free and amazingly smooth. I purchase it for $4, and it was worth every penny. The spray nozzle on this product leaves much to be desired, but given how well the product performs, I'm willing to overlook. Plus, you could always transfer the product into another spray bottle if the one on this one really bugs you.

The product also smells great, it's light and fresh. There is no build-up with this product. I wash my hair every 3 days. I sprayed this product after I washed my hair, and it's now day 3 and I sprayed the product again to touch up my style and it feels residue-free, my waves still have plenty of bounce, volume and shine. After styling my waves I would usually set the style with hairspray, now that I use this product I don't need to. It helps hold my style without the downsides of hairspray. My hair is soft, shiny, and my style holds up. It's an outstanding product at a super reasonable price!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by diane894

I love this spray. Aside from working well, it smells amazing. I absolutely love the scent. I've been purchasing this over and over for the past 2 to 3 years. This will always be my heat protectant spray! I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG hair product! It leaves my hair smelling good, feeling good and looking good! I feel like it made my hair healthier looking and feeling, i do dye my hair quite a bit and wash it everyday and i feel like it helps it maintain a semi-healthy state.

I finished my first bottle of this and i went back to Walgreens to buy more yesterday, love this product(:

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by tayodea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh, I cant believe all of the hype! This spray did nothing on my hair, but make it dry. Very quite surprised of the wonderful comments. I don't recommend this product for relaxed, color treated hair...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by donutlooksforgreatproduct

It smells really nice, fels really nice, gives you shine and potects you from heat. I've noticed slit ends were reduced n my hair and it got less frizzy and dry after styling. I like to wear alone too. I just wish they would put a tempertature it protects up to so I can feel more assured that my hair is protected at a certain temperature. I love the packaging, the design is pretty and it squirts out just enough. I find the lock and unlock key very handy. I'm on my third bottle of this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by csquared14

I love this product--I like the scent, and I've definitely noticed an improvement with the condition of my hair (less split ends, the texture isn't as rough). After many years of not really using heat products on my naturally thick and wavy hair, I got bangs a few months ago that require some taming every morning for them to lie correctly. This has meant breaking out the straightening iron a lot more often than I used to, which of course led to noticeable damage. I picked this stuff up on a whim, after my hair stylist recommended it and said that for heat protection, mass products tend to work just as well as the super-expensive ones (unless you're going for a double-duty product with a conditioner or something). I began using this right after I got my ends trimmed, and there has been a serious improvement. While three months after my initial haircut, my ends were frazzled and disgusting, three months after getting my ends trimmed and using this stuff, my hair still looks acceptable. It doesn't protect against all damage--really the only way to NOT burn your hair is to not use heat products at all--but it definitely makes my hair feel healthier and gives it a nice sheen when it's straightened.

One VERY important thing to note--this stuff is SLIPPERY and a big cloud of product comes out with every squeeze of the release. This means that some will inevitably fall to the floor around you. If you're standing on wood or tile, be VERY careful when you walk around afterwards, especially if you're just in socks. I've lost count of the number of times that I've almost wiped out on the wood floor in front of my mirror after doing my hair because of this stuff.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by jstehr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I just love this product. I use heat on my hair about 2-3 times a week if that (either blow drying, straightening or both) and I always use this product. I find that if I don't use this product I can feel the ends of my hair being pulled and torn almost with the straightener. I really enjoy the spray bottle and the smell is really pleasant. I can absolutely tell a difference when I don't use this product. It's amazing that it does the job so well for such a good price. Will keep buying this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by missrenarde

I loveee this product! My hair feel sooo good after using this. They are more sweet and less dry. Before to discover this, i was using a expensive product and the TREsemme one is really much better. I saw a difference the days i put it comparatively when i don't. I'm gonna buy it again for sure and it's only 3$!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The whole purpose for this heat-protectant is exactly what it serves as. I use leave in conditioners (that work as heat protectants). I wear my hair curly for one day before straightening it. I use the Instant Tamer Spray to dilute the concentration my leave in conditioner provides to avoid heaviness. I can't use this product by itself though, it freaks me out because sometimes I feel my hair is burning because of all the moisture my straightener lets off. The steam is excessive steam. I'm sure it's just me though, and that this product does work to protect hair, I just didn't notice results, however it's a product I'll definitely buy again because of how cheap it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by trackstar4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product, I noticed, did prevent split ends. I use heat on my hair about three times a week, and I always use this! I like the smell, it smells fresh and clean. The spray bottle is a plus too, but I find sometimes the nozzle doesn't want to cooperate. It definitely helps with the heat, and lessens the static in my hair. A great but at only around $3!