October 25, 2014 | 1736 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Kaylee86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love the smell... But does nothing for my hair when it comes to protecting it when using heat. My hair would always smell burnt so i started looking into as to why my hair would smell so disgusting even when my hair would be freshly shampooed and while using this product. I switched to Redken Smooth glide and the Chi iron guard and my hair no longer smells bad! I will use is it here and there as a detangiling thpe spray as I love the smell, but never to use it as a heat protectant.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by gagaformakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is mediocre at best. It smells really lovely and is inexpensive, but those are the only two redeeming factors of this heat protector.

I found that the spray left my hair very dry and not at all well conditioned. This, in turn, made my hair incredibly tangley, much more so than it is normally. After using this product, I especially had problems with the hair toward the nape of my neck even after persistent brushing.

So, for me at least, the search for a great (and moisturizing) heat protectant continues!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Does the job, smells nice, doesn't weigh my hair down and is good for treated hair. I really like this and it works! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Titan2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is great for color treated/processed hair. I have been trying to lighten a dark color by adding highlights every two weeks with bleach. The process has done some damage, but my hair is bouncing back with conditioning and by using this spray daily. I don't do anything to my hair without putting this stuff in it. I make a huge difference when curling or straightening. My hot iron glides smoothly and the hair is left soft and smooth. The spray bottle can be cumbersome, but for the price, Iíll deal with it. When I donít style my hair, I spray this in a few times throughout the day to keep it moisturized and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by elisabethm84

This product is fantastic! It's made my mid-length wavy colour treated(auburn) hair bouncy, shiny, frizz-free and amazingly smooth. I purchase it for $4, and it was worth every penny. The spray nozzle on this product leaves much to be desired, but given how well the product performs, I'm willing to overlook. Plus, you could always transfer the product into another spray bottle if the one on this one really bugs you.

The product also smells great, it's light and fresh. There is no build-up with this product. I wash my hair every 3 days. I sprayed this product after I washed my hair, and it's now day 3 and I sprayed the product again to touch up my style and it feels residue-free, my waves still have plenty of bounce, volume and shine. After styling my waves I would usually set the style with hairspray, now that I use this product I don't need to. It helps hold my style without the downsides of hairspray. My hair is soft, shiny, and my style holds up. It's an outstanding product at a super reasonable price!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by diane894

I love this spray. Aside from working well, it smells amazing. I absolutely love the scent. I've been purchasing this over and over for the past 2 to 3 years. This will always be my heat protectant spray! I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG hair product! It leaves my hair smelling good, feeling good and looking good! I feel like it made my hair healthier looking and feeling, i do dye my hair quite a bit and wash it everyday and i feel like it helps it maintain a semi-healthy state.

I finished my first bottle of this and i went back to Walgreens to buy more yesterday, love this product(:

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by tayodea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh, I cant believe all of the hype! This spray did nothing on my hair, but make it dry. Very quite surprised of the wonderful comments. I don't recommend this product for relaxed, color treated hair...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by donutlooksforgreatproduct

It smells really nice, fels really nice, gives you shine and potects you from heat. I've noticed slit ends were reduced n my hair and it got less frizzy and dry after styling. I like to wear alone too. I just wish they would put a tempertature it protects up to so I can feel more assured that my hair is protected at a certain temperature. I love the packaging, the design is pretty and it squirts out just enough. I find the lock and unlock key very handy. I'm on my third bottle of this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product--I like the scent, and I've definitely noticed an improvement with the condition of my hair (less split ends, the texture isn't as rough). After many years of not really using heat products on my naturally thick and wavy hair, I got bangs a few months ago that require some taming every morning for them to lie correctly. This has meant breaking out the straightening iron a lot more often than I used to, which of course led to noticeable damage. I picked this stuff up on a whim, after my hair stylist recommended it and said that for heat protection, mass products tend to work just as well as the super-expensive ones (unless you're going for a double-duty product with a conditioner or something). I began using this right after I got my ends trimmed, and there has been a serious improvement. While three months after my initial haircut, my ends were frazzled and disgusting, three months after getting my ends trimmed and using this stuff, my hair still looks acceptable. It doesn't protect against all damage--really the only way to NOT burn your hair is to not use heat products at all--but it definitely makes my hair feel healthier and gives it a nice sheen when it's straightened.

One VERY important thing to note--this stuff is SLIPPERY and a big cloud of product comes out with every squeeze of the release. This means that some will inevitably fall to the floor around you. If you're standing on wood or tile, be VERY careful when you walk around afterwards, especially if you're just in socks. I've lost count of the number of times that I've almost wiped out on the wood floor in front of my mirror after doing my hair because of this stuff.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No