April 18, 2014 | 1593 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Clear

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by mestuprancid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I do not use this as a mascara. This is the best product I have ever used for keeping my brows in place. It doesn't dry up and flake off like some other products I've used.

I definitely prefer this clear mascara over any brow wax.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Aliail

I thought I'd use this as a clear mascara since I already have dark lashes, and it works pretty well in seperating them. It also works great on the brows. The only con would be the fact that the mascara doesn't hold the curl on my lashes :(. Other than that, I really like this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love clear mascara on my lashes. It looks natural && I just love it so much more than black mascara since I already have dark, thick mascara.

But this clear mascara is horrible for your eye lashes && brows!

For eyes:
- It DOESN'T hold the curl. It just weighs down your lashes, basically.
- It takes forever to dry
- It's just too thin && gel like, mascara should be thicker!

For eyebrows:
- It's too wet and the slightest amount makes it look like you put water on your brows.
- It picks up all the brow powder && almost clumps it together.

Ugh. I hate this crap. lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use clear mascara on my eyebrows every day and this one is my favorite. Itís not sticky and keeps my eyebrows in place. Does not leave white residue and price is right. Perfect all around.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by spoonfishraw

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I am a huge Maybelline junky and this is one product from this company that is hands down my favorite. I use this as a brow gel to keep my brows in place and it does wonders. They don't budge unless I wash my face. It is amazing for those people who have unruly brows or just want to keep their brows in place. It is an amazing product. I use it sometimes on my lashes too, to give them natural length and seperation when I don't have access to a eyelash curler. The only downside to this product is that it doesn't dry as quickly as you would like and you have to put this on after you've set your makeup. This way you don't get foundation or setting powder in your brows. This is a great product and it's inexpensive. What more could a girl ask for?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is not discontinued? I don't think so? I picked it up really recently. Second tube.

Sometimes I buy either this, or the MAC one.

The difference?

Price and thickness.

If your brows are thick, and rowdy, and need a stronger gel/wax, use the MAC one.

The Maybelline Great Lash Clear is thin, and easy to use. It doesn't make your brows like.. crunchy, and the formula isn't goopy at all. Really lovely. If it's discontinued, that's a pity, but the COVERGIRL clear one isn't bad either. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I was using ELF's brown gel/clear mascara before this and it didn't have enough hold for me. I got this at Walmart for $4 just to try out and i'm happy I did, It has a pretty decent hold and i'd definitely keep buying once I run out. My brows don't get too messy throughout the day but this has definitely help keep them in place.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is too watery. Once dried, my eyelashes still feel soft: I hate this because stiff, crunchy eyelashes curl better and stay curled. Demoted to eyebrow grooming. For reference, I have short, straight, asian eyelashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

I love this mascara. I know alot of people use this to set their brow powder/liner, and it is fantastic for that and making your brows look polished and perfect. I also love using this over my mascara on my lower lashes to make them look more lush and dark- I find that for some reason alot of mascara's go on looking a little dry on my lower lashes and can clump easily, a coat of this removes clumps nicely and gives your lashes a healthy look.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Lisa1000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used lots of different clear mascaras on my brows, with similar results, until I tried this one. Wow, it's awful. The problem seems to be that it's more of a liquid than a gel. It doesn't hold the brows in any shape and it's easy to smear it on your forehead. Fun.