Maybelline Great Lash Clear

3.8

Aqua/Water, Alcohol Denat, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl, Alcohol, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use it as a brow gel, it sets pretty decent but it takes a while to dry and it can make your eyebrow pencil/shadow/etc look slightly darker.

on 10/24/2010 10:27:00 PM

I use Maybelline's Clear Great Lash Mascara as a mascara "sealer" to prevent my regular mascara from flaking off. I'll put on my mascara, and then immediately apply this and my mascara is set and won't flake off. While I'm pretty sure that this is just regular hair gel in a bottle, it does work well and sometimes I'll use it on my lashes alone to make them look more orderly and keep them from straying. My only complaint is that it takes a little while extra to dry. And while it's drying if I look up or make any sudden eye movements, it will usually come off onto my skin and then I'll have to do a touch-up. It seems like it has had this same packaging for about 20 years (my sister has been using this since about 1997 or so), but oh well- if it's not broke, don't fix it!

on 10/23/2010 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is an okay product to use as brow gel. I find it doesn't set as firmly as I would like but it gets the job done decently.

on 10/13/2010 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this as a brow gel, and I guess it works okay. It keeps my unruly brows in place for most of the day, but it takes forever to dry. If I apply it too early while I'm doing my makeup, anything that gets near my brows smudges and gets wet. If I apply it too late, it's not dry by the time I get out the door.
I'd buy it in a pinch if I had to, but I'm going to try another one next.

on 10/13/2010 5:33:00 PM

I like wearing this as a mascara. When I'm putting on my make up my eyelashes get coated with eyeshadow and then look pale and dusty, but this makes my lashes look dark again and lustrous too. It adds a little bit of definition to my lashes which is nice. I like not having to worry about mascara streaking or getting in my eyes. It's even no problem at all if you don't wash it off before you go to sleep.

on 10/6/2010 7:43:00 PM

I use this to finish my brows. It does take a little while to dry.

on 10/5/2010 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great for taming brows. Doesn't flake and stays in place. Good price too.

This product sucks in my opinion for eyelash use at least. The brush is small and the mascara takes so long to dry. After applying it to my eyelashes, there was no noticeable difference compared to my natural lashes without mascara. I'd recommend Bonne Belle clear mascara for use on eyelashes, it gives a shiny coat to eyelashes basically.

As for use on eyebrows, well I guess it's good? It still takes a long time to dry which I hate. But it does seem to keep the brow hairs tamed with a soft appearance and a slight shine. (I'll update this part again since I will test it out some more).

1star for mascara use, 2-3 stars for eyebrow use.

on 9/28/2010 7:55:00 PM

I use this to tame the little baby hairs that stick up on my head. It works awesome to give me and ultra smooth look with no frizz. My only negative thing about this product is that too much of the gel comes off on the brush and I end up wasting product wiping some off before applying.

on 9/1/2010 11:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this mascara, but I use it as a brow gel. I live in high humidity so my brows always end up going all over the place, and not willing to buy a 20 dollar brow gel, I decided to find a cheaper option. The mascara is more like gel, and gel for your eyelashes as well. I have used it on my lashes, and it gives them a dewy look, but I prefer to use black mascara for my lashes :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials