Maybelline Great Lash Clear

3.8

Aqua/Water, Alcohol Denat, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl, Alcohol, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA

on 10/5/2010 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great for taming brows. Doesn't flake and stays in place. Good price too.

This product sucks in my opinion for eyelash use at least. The brush is small and the mascara takes so long to dry. After applying it to my eyelashes, there was no noticeable difference compared to my natural lashes without mascara. I'd recommend Bonne Belle clear mascara for use on eyelashes, it gives a shiny coat to eyelashes basically.

As for use on eyebrows, well I guess it's good? It still takes a long time to dry which I hate. But it does seem to keep the brow hairs tamed with a soft appearance and a slight shine. (I'll update this part again since I will test it out some more).

1star for mascara use, 2-3 stars for eyebrow use.

on 9/28/2010 7:55:00 PM

I use this to tame the little baby hairs that stick up on my head. It works awesome to give me and ultra smooth look with no frizz. My only negative thing about this product is that too much of the gel comes off on the brush and I end up wasting product wiping some off before applying.

on 9/1/2010 11:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this mascara, but I use it as a brow gel. I live in high humidity so my brows always end up going all over the place, and not willing to buy a 20 dollar brow gel, I decided to find a cheaper option. The mascara is more like gel, and gel for your eyelashes as well. I have used it on my lashes, and it gives them a dewy look, but I prefer to use black mascara for my lashes :)

on 8/15/2010 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I only use transparant mascaras since my lashes are black enough as they are. I don't like pigmented mascaras because I find them too messy and the trouble of putting them on is a bit too much for me as well. This mascara defines my eyelashes just a little and that's enough for me. The packaging looks very cheap though, unimportant but true.

on 8/15/2010 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i dont use it as mascara, i use it as a brow gel. (:

Horrible stuff. I bought this to add some slight definition to my lashes and to seperate them. I wasn't expecting mega volume or anything. Also tried on my eyebrows, but this stuff never seems to dry! I don't get it. I thought it would be thick, like a regular mascara minus the colour. But it's not like that at all, it's super thin and watery, and too much comes out on the brush. I ended up just wiping it off my brows, it was still wet 15 minutes later. A huge let down. Will try a more expensive one from Sephora instead.

on 7/25/2010 3:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I dont use this for my lashes but it makes a good brow gel.

on 7/20/2010 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I also use this as a brow gel...its ok. I find it puts too much product on the brow compared to MAC or my all time favorite, Caryl Baker (which conditions), however for the price, I will be going back to this. Its just the wand I dont care for...not as brushy as I would like.

on 7/20/2010 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't use this as a mascara but rather a brow gel! It works wonders! It has a bit more hold than the MAC brow gel and at a fraction of the price!

Video Reviews & Tutorials