July 22, 2014 | 2510 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Citrus Facial Scrub

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2005 2:14:00 AM More reviews by LukkiChrm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It smelled decent, but it felt like I was rubbing wax all over my face, which left a shiny film even after washing it off. I felt like it was making me break mout, so I discontinued use immediatly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2005 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Paige11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is so great I use it with the Orange Essence facial cleanser and herbal blemish stick (also Burt's Bees, YOU GO BURT!) cleared up my skin and made my acne promblen TONS better!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2005 3:39:00 AM More reviews by PINKSG

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this scrub. I'm not a huge fan of Burt's Bees but this is impressive. It is messy, you have to scoop product out and add water and get the right consistency. It can hurt if you don't add enough water. I love the citrus smell. Takes work to wash it all off. But your face will feel so smooth after. This jar will last a long time. Well worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2005 2:25:00 AM More reviews by meltywarhol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an old-school scrub that reminds me of the one my mom used when I was a kid; it was made with apricot pits and I found that so fascinating! I imagined all the families with apricot trees (like ours) saving their pits to make this scrub. It has a pleasant, citrus spice fragrance, which I'm sad to say can be a bit irritating to my skin. The exfoliating grains are natural nuts and seeds, which can be a bit scratchy for some, but didn't bother me at all. I find that synthetic scrubs really don't feel like they're doing anything, so I prefer the natural materials. Overall, although it's a fun enough product to use, I agree with another reviewer, that it's really an unnecessary product. I can get a satisfying exfoliating scrub from a clean washcloth.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2005 3:51:00 AM More reviews by renemy

Bleach, this smells really gross. Perhaps it's because of my cinnamon allergy that I have such an adverse reaction to this smell. It also leaves this waxy film on your face after you've washed it off, prompting another face washing. I'll stick with my St. Ives apricot scrubs. *update* I've found that this is a decent foot scrub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2005 12:13:00 PM More reviews by amyjo_99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nice packaging...i like how this feels...very different and not to moist...i got this in a trial kit

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2005 1:34:00 AM More reviews by fcuk_fashi0n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love burt's bees so much. just the concept of using all natural ingredients appeals to me + the smell of this scrub is AMAZING. i agree that it does leave a filmy texture after you rinse, but I still love it because once I dry my face, it is incredibly soft and just glowing. I just wish that the packaging was a bit better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2005 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Baptista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is kind of unusual, and quite a bit like LUSH's Angels on Bare Skin in it's consistency and texture, but I like this better. The clove and spices in it were really helpful to my congested skin, and while I will agree that it doesn't de-grease the skin, I thought that was kind of nice to not need a moisturizer after. Very gentle, and I love the smell. Great value too. Definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2005 11:12:00 AM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't expect to like this so much. Most face products leave my skin red and occasionally cause breakouts but with this scrub I experienced no redness whatsoever. Maybe it had something to do with it being 100% natural and it left my skin soft and smooth.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2005 12:22:00 PM More reviews by katie123

This scrub feels oily. It seems like a film is left on my face after I wash it off. The formula seems more chunky than grainy after you add a litte water to it, so it doesn't seem like it exfoliates well at all.