July 22, 2014 | 1151 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by MickeyMinnie

First of all, they only had 5 color choice. I had to buy two different colors to match my s kin tone. I was too afraid to spread on my face directly so I've used stippling brush, Hated the result. It was too matt and it accentuated every single pore I had and it stuck to the flakey part of my skin. For $120 I've spent it was a total waste. Now they are just sitting in my drawer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by adkizer

I really wanted to like this product and was so excited when I used it for the first time. Unfortunately, the product performance did not live up to the hype. I purchased the lightest shade, which was still a tad bit dark for me. The coverage is very sheer. I have some acne scars and the Diorskin did nothing to conceal those. I have read other reviews say that the coverage is buildable, but I was hesitant to apply another layer. I was afraid that more product would just magnify the difference is my skin color and the product color. This foundation also melted away after about 5 hours. It is not worth the price in my opinion. I asked a friend at work the first week of use if she could tell a difference in my foundation. She told me she had not noticed any difference at all. I expected to look $60 better in this foundation. Maybe I was unrealistic in my expectations, but for a price of $60, I expected this product to be a minor miracle. Diorskin Airflash performed no better than some drugstore products I have used in the past.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by wertmangrg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am loving this foundation, the can lasts longer than I thought, 8 weeks and still alot left.
The SA reminded me to clean my kabuki brush with an antibacterial brush spray regularly which I think has helped me avoid any breakouts (I am very oily and acnegenic)
I spray brush, buff in and set with Dior Nude Powder for a soft focus natural finish.
I also like Dior Nude foundation when I want a liquid.
I feel it is imprtant for me to spend more on quality foundation because the face gives a first impression and I want mine to look and stay healthy and clean! Also I have learned I get what I pay for and NONE of the cheap kinds work and I dont believe they are tested the same and wear the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by wealthy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

BEST foundation i have ever used! I spray my foundation brush lightly with it , and work it around my face, i do this twice. Mine lasted for several months, and i use it 3-4 times a week. For those that want it to last, use Estee Lauder Lucidity Foundation which is my second pick.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 9:11:00 AM More reviews by walnut789

I love it!! It's so great because it's so incredibly easy to use... Just a spray on the face and I'm done. I've never been a fan of putting on foundation cos of the trouble and time taken to blend properly. But this stuff is so easy and quick! The coverage is not great, it's so lightweight, it feels like I'm not wearing anything at all. But just for the ease of use, I'll keep buying again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by jillbarry

I went to Saks to buy Giorgio Armani liquid silk and bought this b/c she sales woman recommended it and overall had good reviews on Sephora. I ended up returning it b/c I broke several days in a row on different areas of my face. So returned it and bought the GA.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by p0rtuguesa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For starters, I have combo skin. I don't really break out and don't have many things I need to cover up.
I LOVE this foundation. I have received MANY complements on my skin when I wear it.

It is so lightweight, easy to blend, and you really don't need a lot. The color match is also pretty great. You can spray it directly onto your face and blend, or onto a brush and blend or stipple. I prefer the brush method, I find I have more control that way.
This stuff is really great for evening out my complexion, and it's fabulous for summer or going to out to a bar, since it's so lightweight. I find it doesn't feel like most liquid foundations, which can sometimes have me almost excited to wash it off at the end of the day. With Airflash, it feels like I'm not wearing anything! It is pretty long wearing as well, even when I don't set it with powder.
I also like the fact that it does not have an SPF in it, so I will use it when I know pictures are going to be taken, because it doesn't make my face appear washed out.

One con of this product is definitely the price. It sells for about $60 CAD, which I think is kind of pricey for a fairly basic foundation. I also find that a lot of product goes to waste, just because it is a spray foundation. I usually spray it over the sink or over a kleenex or paper, and I definitely see how much product is wasted.
I think I may try my luck with Sally Hansen's spray foundation or even NYC's spray foundation first. The price is the only thing that's stopping me from re-buying. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by XCleopatra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

WOW! Great stuff! A little goes a long way, its a decent size container and Ive had no clogging issues. Great coverage... go lightly though then blend with a soft brush. Definitly can clog pores but not as badly as most foundations I have tried. Would definitly purchase this again, its 60$ but worth it. The lightest one is what i use. I do wish they had a few more colors of this though for the other tones and complections out there, i think there were only like 5 choices in sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by GoodGala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing. When I bought it, II couldn't not believe I had spent so much money on a single foundation, and was angry at my self for letting the shop assistants at Sephora talk me into buying it!! But when I applied it for a night out a few days later, O.M.G I felt like my face was airbrushed for a magazine! It covered every single imperfection and I didn't even spray on much!!! A MUST

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

**UPDATE**
I actually ended up returning this. Why? First off, the cost doesn't justify the quality. I realized it doesn't really match my skin color (it was too dark) anyway. I think sticking with Sally Hansen's spray foundation is just fine for me...it obviously isn't as opaque or cover as well, but that's what concealer's for.
******************************************************

Oh my god this is the most expensive foundation ever! But worth it in terms of coverage, color selection (for me at least), staying power, and doesn't make me oily. I have also purchased Sally Hanson's spray foundation just to compare and it actually works pretty good too, just not as opaque as Dior. I have contemplated returning it b/c it's so expensive and I don't want to wear it everyday since people have experienced running out so quickly, so instead I just use it for weekends or special occasions. Trust me when I say I have searched far and wide for a foundation that I can use in a simple way that doesn't wreck my concealer - since I use a lot of it and I use it before my foundation.

In terms of usage... I have tried spraying it directly on my face - but this is tricky b/c there are certain areas that spray darker/more concentrated than others since it IS a spray, and to have to blend again is just not worth it for me. I have tried the "S" motion, but find it is wasteful. I have tried spraying it on my hand and then patting it on where I need it - this is also tricky b/c you have to pat pat pat your way around your face and it's time consuming. The best way is to spray on my skunk brush and then just work it in your face... yes, it messes with my concealer, but I just go back and mix the diorflash WITH my concealer and pat pat pat it back on and it seems to work pretty good. Oh yes, make sure to get your finger and scoop out the extra foundation that comes dribbling out of the spray nozzle - or i'll use my concealer brush to grab any extra that comes out... I don't want to waste any!

I have decided not to return this b/c it DOES work so well... for everyday use, I will just use something else.