December 22, 2014 | 1177 users online

Liquid - Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by emailcici

I freaking love how this product makes my skin looks..photographs beautifully.. you like like those magzine models....doesn't run.. it seriously makes your skin look flawlesss... but I hate how bad it is for my skin.. I broke out like crazy.....not to mention how toxic this is for your skin!! theres freaking butan and propan in this!!! thats what I use to power my gas grill....... seriously.. for 60 bucks a pop.. can they afford better ingredients!!!! FREAKIN AY... the search for foundation continues....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by clearady

For what it is worth, I never wear foundations.
I specifically went to Dior's counter for their TM, but they said only sephora carried that.
I don't like foundations, not because my skin is perfect nor relatively close to that, but because in the sunlight foundation just doesn't look natural, so it limits you to indoors dating, playing, and doing.
However, that being said, this is one of the best foundations i've ever had applied to my face. From a distance, it looked amazing, almost airbrushed (the lady used a Dior brush to apply it not the spraycan). However, she had to cake a lot to get the best coverage, and though it did feel light as air, after a while it didn't look so heavenly thanks to my semi oily skin.
Also, she couldn't find a perfect shade so i looked rather pale. That's my one gripe with Dior's foundations/TM, the shade range is pretty bad.
All in all, best foundation i've tried from any counter (and every time i get my face done at sephora/macy's/nordstrom, there's a foundation being applied), but it wasn't good enough to convince me that wearing foundation is a worthwhile endeavor, especially for the price.
Though, it made me consider. And for that, three stars.
ALSO, helpful to note, that i asked the lady (who used it everyday) how long one can lasts her, and she said a month. Flat out, a month. Two dollars a day? It's a pass.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 6:37:00 AM More reviews by RHanson

Tears of joy! This foundation beats, pulverizes, creams, destroys, and eliminates every other foundation. I've tried them all and had a great time with some (most recently Bobbi Brown Natural Finish, which was good, but not as good as this), but this one is the goddess. I've tried them all. Drugstore up to high end. I loved the coverage of drugstore products and I loved the skin-like texture of the higher end products. Unfortunately, most foundations were not a perfect match of both. Let me give you my history: I am 5 successful months into an accutane course and while my face is flat, i have those pesky red marks. So as you can see, my biggest concern was finding great coverage and a nice natural look.

The foundation:

It comes in a spray can, and you wouldnt think that it has a lot of foundation inside, but it does. It is a very very thin liquid, and when it comes out of the can, it is still cold. The can is not too big, and it fits in any bag very well. Now onto the color. NC 25, Warm Sand in Bobbi, Chamomile in Chantecaille, Deauville in NARS, 120 in MUFE HD, I am 200 (light beige) in this. Color is perfect. A nice neutral yellowish. I will address the issues of it turning orange later in the application section. There is no terrible scent to it, which is a plus.

The application:

This is when beauty blender shine. First of all, no matter how cool spraying it directly on your face looks, don't do it. Chances are you will not get it right and it will apply heavily in some areas. I will rate, on a scale of 1 to 10, all of the methods: Directly on to face gets a 4. Spraying it onto my bobbi foundation brush, then to my face gets a 7, spraying it onto my mac 187, then onto my face gets a 7.5. Spraying it onto my hand, and using my fingers gets a 7. Spraying onto my beauty blender, then dabbing the foundation onto my skin into big dots, then MOST IMPORANT, blending (DO NOT "POUNCE" or BOUNCE this on...drag it down)...this gets a 10.......yes the coveted, airbrushed 10. I realize that some have complained that the foundation is too pink or orange, and I found out that this happens if you spray it directly onto your face. As a true neutral yellow this foundation is a perfect match. And you know when it looks good inside, and you see a mirror or a reflection outside, and you look bad...this doesnt happen with this foundation!!!! I love love love! Also, it looks the same in the incredibly bright flourescent lights of my school.

Finish:

Skin like. Even texture, even color, perfect dewiness in the center of my face and tops of my cheekbones. A perfect uber natural finish. This is sooooo good that people tell me my skin looks good (YES!). No one has said "oh youre makeup looks good"...hehe they think its my skin. This may sound superficial, but this foundation makes me forget I have/had acne. It makes me feel incredibly pretty and youthful. It definitely lasts all day long, from 6 am to 8 pm I looked the same, and I have been pretty sweaty/ oily because its now hot.

Making the most of this:

Cherish this with all of your life. At 62 dollars, this is not a foundation to joke around with. Creams and gels love this, so this is where pot rouge, cheek stains, gel bronzers, multiples, cream highlighters, and cream blushes come into action. Pot rouges look soooo lovely on top of this foundation, and the multiples blend in better. Definitely apply loose powder over this with a big fluffy brush or if you need extra coverage, use a sponge and blend in some powder foundation.

General Recap:

Great finish, color, coverage. Apply with a dampish sponge (preferably beauty blender). Lasts all day, perfectly covers acne scars, makes me look showstopping!

get it!!!!!!!

UPDATE:

I forgot to mention how to prep your face for this godly foundation. HEAVY MOISTURIZER IS A NO-NO. Sorry for the all caps but i can't stress that enough. If you applied heavy moisturizer it would have to be hours before the foundation application, and who has time for that? Stick to light, oil free moisturizers. Gel moisturizers work incredibly well because they sink in quickly and moisturize with water, instead of oil. What i inferred from this is that the foundation goes best on bare skin, and its perfect canvas would be perfect skin. So the key is to make your face temporarily perfect. Even hydration is very important. Your skin should have little flakiness and feel hydrated from within. My favorite to use under this is Chantecaille Vital essence, because it just makes the application of this foundation so perfect.

Also, this foundation has not broken me out, nor has it dried out or irritated my accutane-induced sensitive skin. I did, however, get a pimple in that area between my nose and mouth. I know that this foundation didnt do it, simply because i never put foundation in that area, usually because it looks bad. Is there anything that this foundation can't do. It covered the zit so damn well and didn't accentuate its general volume and presence, like some other foundations tend to do.

UPDATE 2:

Although it seems impossible, I have even more things to say about this foundation. The most important is dealing with clogged nozzles. An ounce of prevention is a pound of cure, so ALWAYS leave the cap on, otherwise...the nozzle stops working. I don't know why, but leaving the cap off will make this can difficult. Now, if it stops spraying, here are the steps to get it back to normal. First, take a q-tip, and rip of 3/4 of the cotton on one side. Soak it in alcohol or hand sanitizer, and dig it through the inside tube of the nozzle (the part that connects to the can). Move the swab up and down very quickly. Then, fill up your sink with hot water, and leave the nozzle in there. Voila! Perfect sprayage!

58 out of 60 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by whitebook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I give a 4 not because I like this product.

First, I don't like the price, seriously I don't know how long this thing will last. But $60USD? I don't think I can afford one every other month.
Second, I don't like any kind of the fume, my throat hurts a little bit after the spraying it. I am very sensitive to fume that I hold my breath even when I use a liquid whiteout.
Third, it has sparkles in it. I have a flat face, sparkles tends to accentuate it. "Flat Face HERE!" Big no no for me!
Forth, I usually do my MU in 5 minutes, but this thing it covers everything include my eye lashes/brows, lips, I need to do a full MU which costs me more time!
However, despite the fact that's not very earth friendly, i have to admit that I really like this technology. Instead of purchasing the airbrush system with the $55/ea MU refill, you can just buy this, which give the same gorgeous result!!! It's quick and efficient, you don't have to take the whole machinery with you and it only takes a few seconds! No more washing brushes as well. The coverage is just red carpet beautiful! It's fresh, light and it stays! That's always the signature of Dior.
The orange issue didn't happen to me. I think it's depended on skin type and lighting. My face appears more orange under some light even without MU. However that dollar tag really turned me off. : ( continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by AMANDAT89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I went to the Dior counter at Macys and the lady put this on me.. I thought it looked wonderful..it matched my skin perfectly. When i left, got in my car and looked in the mirror i was horrified!! I looked to orange.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Amieem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation.
When i first apply it, it looks BEAUTIFUL. It looks so flawless, and it glides right over pores, making them look completely invisible. It also has buildable coverage, so you can focus on spots that are darker/redder.
But.... throughout the day, with the oil i produce, the foundation begins to bunch, and becomes SUPER uneven, and it also turns orange.
Another con with this foundation is the color range! Terrible Terrible Color range! i got lucky that 200(lightest shade) matched me really well (MAC NW25), but wouldnt match my mom(NW15 at MAC).
The nozzle also becomes clogged VERY easily. Which becomes very annoying, and you have to clean it daily. Another thing i dislike is the PRICE. ($55CAD) You get about 30 applications for such a steap price!
And now for my MAIN problem with this foundation... THE INGREDIENTS!!! I went through 4 cans of this stuff before i even bothered to look at the ingredients..
The very first ingredient is BUTANE-lighter fluid!!!!! And the fourth ingredient is Propane!!!! And it also has oil in the foundation. I could not believe this, it grossed me out entirely and i did not repurchase this foundation after that!
Although i don't think it ever made me breakout with cystic acne, it made my dermis(layer of skin under epidermis-outerlayer of skin) very uneven, and full of whiteheads.

If you have dry skin, i think this would work better for you. Because of the oil it does not work for oily skin, but my friend who had very dry skin, tried mine, and it worked much better for her skin than for mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by EmHimes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. The spray gives a much more even application, looking more seamless and natural. It would be nice to see more shades offered. Right now there is only a handful of color shades to choose from. I only wish that the can would last longer. If you use this every day, you would need to replace it within 5 weeks. Since it costs $60.00, it is expensive, more so then many other brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by syozsa

I love it for it's quick, easy application, when going out to the gym or yoga. I also use it as a finisher after I've done my makeup and it just seems to give my face a nice finish. I like it. I don't like the price tag, but I really like the product. The kabuki brush way wastes product, the rep. said. I also like that my hands/fingers stay clean.

Definitely will re-purchase! Darn, it's expensive - let's see how long it lasts!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by vickyj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Like so many others the lightest shade was too orange and dark. I found the coverage patchy and made my skin look really wierd.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hated this! For $60 I said I better absolutely love it, I didn't! Broke me out horribly, it has PROPANE in it! The color selection is oily. My chin is still recovering and its be about 2 weeks, never had a break out this long! Thankfully its going away! Product will last less then a month and for the price, its crazy!

EDIT:
It gave me the worst break out!! Im not kidding I had a break under my bottom lips by chin and it lasted like a month and a half! Crazy!! Dont buy!