April 16, 2014 | 2118 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by SugaCookie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Of the drugstore brands, Loreal's True Match is probably your best bet as far coverage, finding a shade that matches your skintone and especially blendability. There really are tons of shades that make the effort to match a wide variety of skintones and undertones. It gives a natural matte look but on me it turned chalky after about an hour or two, I assume because Talc is listed as the very first ingredient. It doesn't last very long but for a drugstore powder it's slightly above average.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 8:41:00 PM More reviews by bejanbombshell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this one.Its my first time using foundation,and I'm happy.I'm a college student so I'm not too able to experiment with mac studio fix at the moment.But this is a drug store brand I'll be happy with for a while.Like a few others said it does turn orange after a while(a day when I might sweat or something) but that was when I used a darker shade C7,when I used the w7 it looked perfectly fine

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by missmopar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this to set my Loreal True Match liquid foundation. I use a brush instead of the little sponge it comes with, but I like that the mirror is separate and the sponge isnt sitting on top of the powder. I was surprised that it didnt make my face look lighter or ghostly as do some powders. The undertone makes a world of difference (I'm a W2). The smell is kinda funky though. Thankfully the smell went away after I applied it. Its a pretty good product for the price, and I will buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

Second powder i owned. first one, i totally lost..

Anyhow, i'm still new with makeup, so i guess it wasnt too bad on me. i only wear it when i absolutely have to, because my cheeks will look dry, and then the foundation underneath will turn orange. Otherwise, its not bad for a drugstore powder. i can live with it. it's a little sheer though, so i only use it as a setting powder...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by 1nhatr3d

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have no idea what it is but this powder, no matter what shade or undertone I got it in, ALWAYS oxidized to a nasty orange anywhere it touched my foundation. I liked the texture of it a lot, it was very smooth, but for years I had to use another powder 2-3 shades lighter than my skintone ontop of it to compensate for the awful color. This has happened with all loreal powders I've used, I recently tried the infallible one and it did the exact same thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I use the crayon concealer in W-4/5. I use this Powder in W-7 as a bronzer. The shade has no pink. It is a great golden tan color. It stays on my oily skin for hours. No touch up needed! Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Lineaus

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm NW45 in MAC's Studio fix.
I'm C8 Cocoa

I think I have found another makeup company that matches my skin tone! I apply this with a Kabuki brush.... I use this as a power over MAC's Studio Sculpt concealer and thats it....

Being that this is the winter... I think I will be out of luck for the summer months as I am sure to get a little sun... so I'll be back to Studio Fix then.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by soopinkk

I bought this back in high school because it was a buy one get one free deal and haven't really used it until recently. I hate using the sponge because it annoys me so I use a big fluffy brush instead. It's alright. I've honestly never used powder because I've always had good skin and didn't want to have a sudden breakout. I've recently started to use it because I seem to be getting pimples on my cheeks so I kind of wanted to cover it up and it does an okay job for that. Even though it's not meant to cover up pimples...with concealer it can look quite good. I won't be buying it again because I really want to find something better that gives great coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by misstrash

I use this lines liquid foundation as well in N1. I have mild redness, acne prone skin, I'm dry in spots and oily in others. After I put the liquid on I finish with this. It's definitely not supposed to be used as a fishing powder but I like heavy coverage. Good tip for serious coverage, use the included applicator.

I love it. the only negative is you can feel it on your face and i feel like a pot of it only lasts a month w. everyday use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation looking for a cheaper alternative to my Estee Lauder Double Wear powder foundation (32 USD compare to L'Oreal's 11 USD) and was VERY disappointed. I guess it isn't fair to compare the two brands, but in general it wasn't a good foundation. Here is why:

1) It doesn't blend well.
2) Doesn't provide much coverage.
3) Cannot be layered- or else it WILL get very cakey
4) Just cakey in general. It looked like it just sat on top of my skin even with a light layer. It looked nice in yellow light, but in natural lighting you can definitely tell I'm wearing foundation

It was a perfect color match, though, I'll give you that.

If you can't fork out the money for Estee Lauder's powder foundation, you should try Revlon's One Step Compact cream-powder foundation. I returned the L'Oreal and got that instead- which provided much more coverage, blended much better, and was a good color match too.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No