MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

This is one of my first eyeshadows ever. I can pretty much say I like this color. Its subtle and gorgeous. Put a cotton ball in it though it may break like mine did.

I alternate this daily with Naked Lunch. The hints of green really compliment my brown eyes. I do think it would look a bit nicer on someone with a bit of a tan though.
*UPDATE* Lately I have been noticing how I look in pictures of me that were taken while I was wearing this. I look so incredibly pale and my skin takes on a yellowish cast. My eye area looks very dull and my large brown eyes look small and lifeless.

Nice shade, have it in my palette, goes with a lot of shades, or just plain or a highlighter. Love it.

My new favorite for my hazel eyes. I am fairly fair- NW 15 Studio Fix with red brown hair. I use vex on my entire lid. Then I use trax in the crease and put a little tab of pink venus on the outer edge of my eye. Black Plum liner (bobbi Brown) or prunella and this is gorgeous.

Love love love this e/s! I have this as a part of the tailormade warm palette, and i'm thinking of buying Holiday 2006 Smoked palette because of this e/s. Vex is rather unique, you wouldnít find a similar color anywhere else. It's a duocrome complex shade thatís not easy to describe: it looks just meh in the pan, but when you apply itís oomph! I would say color itís whitish gray, but I see a lot of silver and some green and pink in it too. I use it all over upper lid and often pair it with some shimmering taupe in the crease (with Stila Diamond ĎLil it makes a stunning combo) but itís such a versatile color you can use it with virtually every shade: everytime it gives such a sophisticated and beautiful look! A staple is my e/s arsenal. [For reference, Iím NW 15-20, brunette, brown eyes]

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased this colour as part of the Holiday 2006 Smoked palette. The website describes this as a soft pale green duochrome with pink opalescent shimmer in a frost finish. I apply this lightly on the lid using the 213 brush as part of a smoky eye. On my NW45 skin it looks more pink than green, which is why I use it lightly. I personally think that pink eye shadow looks weird on me! Vex looks more green when used with Club in the crease.

This is my all-time fave color and one I have re-purchased. I have green/grey eyes and it looks lovely with Shale in the crease or with Print as a liner. It does look weird in the pan but looks awesome on all eye colors!

Knowing I like subtle eye makeup, a friend suggested this color. I never would have even looked twice at this had she not mentioned it - it is u-g-l-y in the pan. On my eyes, though, it is a light soft greenish gray with pink opalescence. I like to wear this in the crease with a light matte lid color (Laura Mercier Morning Dew pairs beautifully with Vex) and dark liner. I do not like Vex as an all-over lid color, worn that way I find it looks greener and competes with my blue eyes, and it is also too shimmery for my taste as an all-over color. I do love it as a soft crease, though, and would repurchase, it is a unique color and the way I've been wearing it gives a soft, feminine effect.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

looks ugly in the pan (a grayish color), but it looks really good with pinks and greens and purples. the description is a light green with pink opalesence (sp?), so, like vellum, you can pair it with a billion different eyeshadows and it will look cool. i put vex on the inner corner of my eye and sometimes i will put a light layer on top of existing eyeshadow just to give it some irridesence. pretty!

I bought Vex specifically to pair with Club, which I just could not make work before. Love it! Not sure how I like it on its own, but its fun to layer with other colors, can't wait to experiment with it more.

Top Rated MAC Products