MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

on 12/8/2006 5:06:00 PM

Nice shade, have it in my palette, goes with a lot of shades, or just plain or a highlighter. Love it.

on 11/30/2006 12:52:00 PM

My new favorite for my hazel eyes. I am fairly fair- NW 15 Studio Fix with red brown hair. I use vex on my entire lid. Then I use trax in the crease and put a little tab of pink venus on the outer edge of my eye. Black Plum liner (bobbi Brown) or prunella and this is gorgeous.

on 11/19/2006 1:41:00 PM

Love love love this e/s! I have this as a part of the tailormade warm palette, and i'm thinking of buying Holiday 2006 Smoked palette because of this e/s. Vex is rather unique, you wouldnít find a similar color anywhere else. It's a duocrome complex shade thatís not easy to describe: it looks just meh in the pan, but when you apply itís oomph! I would say color itís whitish gray, but I see a lot of silver and some green and pink in it too. I use it all over upper lid and often pair it with some shimmering taupe in the crease (with Stila Diamond ĎLil it makes a stunning combo) but itís such a versatile color you can use it with virtually every shade: everytime it gives such a sophisticated and beautiful look! A staple is my e/s arsenal. [For reference, Iím NW 15-20, brunette, brown eyes]

on 11/4/2006 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased this colour as part of the Holiday 2006 Smoked palette. The website describes this as a soft pale green duochrome with pink opalescent shimmer in a frost finish. I apply this lightly on the lid using the 213 brush as part of a smoky eye. On my NW45 skin it looks more pink than green, which is why I use it lightly. I personally think that pink eye shadow looks weird on me! Vex looks more green when used with Club in the crease.

on 8/21/2006 11:15:00 AM

This is my all-time fave color and one I have re-purchased. I have green/grey eyes and it looks lovely with Shale in the crease or with Print as a liner. It does look weird in the pan but looks awesome on all eye colors!

on 8/20/2006 6:34:00 PM

Knowing I like subtle eye makeup, a friend suggested this color. I never would have even looked twice at this had she not mentioned it - it is u-g-l-y in the pan. On my eyes, though, it is a light soft greenish gray with pink opalescence. I like to wear this in the crease with a light matte lid color (Laura Mercier Morning Dew pairs beautifully with Vex) and dark liner. I do not like Vex as an all-over lid color, worn that way I find it looks greener and competes with my blue eyes, and it is also too shimmery for my taste as an all-over color. I do love it as a soft crease, though, and would repurchase, it is a unique color and the way I've been wearing it gives a soft, feminine effect.

on 7/22/2006 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

looks ugly in the pan (a grayish color), but it looks really good with pinks and greens and purples. the description is a light green with pink opalesence (sp?), so, like vellum, you can pair it with a billion different eyeshadows and it will look cool. i put vex on the inner corner of my eye and sometimes i will put a light layer on top of existing eyeshadow just to give it some irridesence. pretty!

I bought Vex specifically to pair with Club, which I just could not make work before. Love it! Not sure how I like it on its own, but its fun to layer with other colors, can't wait to experiment with it more.

on 7/5/2006 3:25:00 PM

Vex is like the inside of a sea shell, a mermaid would use this pinkly / aqua iridescent shade. Very versatile, either on its own or combined. Quite subtle but there, if you know what I mean. I love it with MAC Tealo Powerpoint Eye Pencil. Not an attractive colour to look at in the pot though(it does remind a bit of a Corpse Bride shade), I only picked mine after a mini-makeover at MAC and am very thankful.

on 6/8/2006 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Vex is definitely a weird shade - I read through the reviews, and it seems like everyone describes it differently. On me, Vex shows up as a light greenish grey with pink shimmer. I'm neutral to warm toned, and Vex is almost too cool for me. I like it best paired with Greensmoke or Paradisco, but other than that, I haven't come up with many combos. I don't wear it often since it's not my favorite color, but I would still repurchase if I ever run out. It's just something nice to have in my stash, and who knows... I may find a new way to use it!

Top Rated MAC Products