October 20, 2014 | 981 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2006 10:41:00 AM More reviews by ccunn13ca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this colour as part of the Holiday 2006 Smoked palette. The website describes this as a soft pale green duochrome with pink opalescent shimmer in a frost finish. I apply this lightly on the lid using the 213 brush as part of a smoky eye. On my NW45 skin it looks more pink than green, which is why I use it lightly. I personally think that pink eye shadow looks weird on me! Vex looks more green when used with Club in the crease.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2006 11:15:00 AM More reviews by prairiegirl2

This is my all-time fave color and one I have re-purchased. I have green/grey eyes and it looks lovely with Shale in the crease or with Print as a liner. It does look weird in the pan but looks awesome on all eye colors!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2006 6:34:00 PM More reviews by mxk2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Knowing I like subtle eye makeup, a friend suggested this color. I never would have even looked twice at this had she not mentioned it - it is u-g-l-y in the pan. On my eyes, though, it is a light soft greenish gray with pink opalescence. I like to wear this in the crease with a light matte lid color (Laura Mercier Morning Dew pairs beautifully with Vex) and dark liner. I do not like Vex as an all-over lid color, worn that way I find it looks greener and competes with my blue eyes, and it is also too shimmery for my taste as an all-over color. I do love it as a soft crease, though, and would repurchase, it is a unique color and the way I've been wearing it gives a soft, feminine effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 6:17:00 PM More reviews by hicupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

looks ugly in the pan (a grayish color), but it looks really good with pinks and greens and purples. the description is a light green with pink opalesence (sp?), so, like vellum, you can pair it with a billion different eyeshadows and it will look cool. i put vex on the inner corner of my eye and sometimes i will put a light layer on top of existing eyeshadow just to give it some irridesence. pretty!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2006 10:44:00 PM More reviews by gertymcdowell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought Vex specifically to pair with Club, which I just could not make work before. Love it! Not sure how I like it on its own, but its fun to layer with other colors, can't wait to experiment with it more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2006 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Funkly

Vex is like the inside of a sea shell, a mermaid would use this pinkly / aqua iridescent shade. Very versatile, either on its own or combined. Quite subtle but there, if you know what I mean. I love it with MAC Tealo Powerpoint Eye Pencil. Not an attractive colour to look at in the pot though(it does remind a bit of a Corpse Bride shade), I only picked mine after a mini-makeover at MAC and am very thankful.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2006 5:21:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Vex is definitely a weird shade - I read through the reviews, and it seems like everyone describes it differently. On me, Vex shows up as a light greenish grey with pink shimmer. I'm neutral to warm toned, and Vex is almost too cool for me. I like it best paired with Greensmoke or Paradisco, but other than that, I haven't come up with many combos. I don't wear it often since it's not my favorite color, but I would still repurchase if I ever run out. It's just something nice to have in my stash, and who knows... I may find a new way to use it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2006 3:40:00 AM More reviews by DirtyDiary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Vex is a great eyeshadow color if you usually wear green or brown eyeshadows. Blend Vex all over eyelid then use a dark green shadow along the creases. Great for earthy tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2006 12:31:00 AM More reviews by suznw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Vex!! I use it wet all over the lid and it just blends everything so beautifully. Makes for a very polished look. If you have Vex and don't like it, try it wet that really makes it come alive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 12:42:00 AM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this color! I wore it with deep truth in the crease today and was impressed with how awake i looked. The texture is impressive, and it lasts for a long time also. It flashes different colors depending on what lighting you're in. I noticed a blue and green today, but I'm sure if I paired it with something else it would change colors, which is what makes this shadow so unique...I am a c40-nc44, armani lsf8, dark brown eyes