C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

4.3

Petrolatum, Lanolin oil, squalane, jojoba esters, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, cotton seed oil, octyldodecanol, bisabolol, red 20 lake (CI 73360).

I tend to stay away from jar lip products because I find that my fingers get way too sticky after using it. However, this one is not very sticky at all. The leftover product residue I have on my fingers after applying to my lips I just rub unto my dry cuticles.

The packaging is extremely cute, with the vintage design. However, I find that the case is a bit difficult to open and close. good thing is that it won't fly open in your purse!

The moisturizing quality is good, but not the best I've used. It goes on clear, but since the salve is pink tinted, it doesn't leave a white cast on your lips like some other lip balms. It is not overly shiny...just gives your lips the moisturized look most lip balms do...cannot be used as a lip gloss though.

The smell is lovely..not overpowering, just a light rose scent.

Okay, this review will be odd. I usually use this on my lips occasionally- usually as a night treatment or when they're really dry. Right now I have a huge cold... and this has totally saved my skin. My nose is practically raw from blowing so much, and I tried lotions- came right off, vaseline- ewe! and REALLY greasy, and finally this! Sank right into my skin, but left a protective barrier, not too greasy (better than the vaseline at least), and after leaving it on last night my nose is no longer red!!! woohoo! And of course totally fixed my dry, chapped lips that alwasy acompany my colds.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

The stuff inside the canister is awesome. I use it on my cuticles and lips and it moisturizes them really well. The canister itself, however, is the WORST. I have the hardest time opening it. I HATE IT! They should make it a flip top or something.

This stuff is great! I put it on my lips every night before bed and I have no more peeling....just soft lips! I can't comment on applying this to the face since I tend to have oily skin. Great stuff! :-)

I love this stuff. I bought my first one a few months ago and went back to clean the store out of it two days later. It lasts for ages! It feels soothing and moisturizes extremely well. I use it one my lips and on my face for areas that are peeling or very dry. The only drawback is that it's just a little too expensive for my taste.

this amazing product finally comes in a tube!!!!! geez what took them so long?!?! got it from CO Bigelow in nyc today .. was $8 for a very small amount of product. ouch!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely lovee my rose salve. I usually don't like petroleum products on my lips but somehow this is super moisturizing. I use it on my lips, cuticles, anywhere I'm dry. Love it! Been using it daily for about a year and still have about 1/4 left. Just don't carry it around in the summer, it'll melt in your purse :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a HG lip product for me. I lost it for a couple of weeks and my lips felt like they were literally suffering the entire time. When I started using it again my lips thanked me. They were no longer dry, chapped, and flaky. They feel amazingly soft and I LOVE the subtle tint that they give; it's a beautiful light rose color and is perfect for everyday wear. The salve is thick and gooey and feels very refreshing and comforting when you apply it. I play ice hockey in the winter, and the cold, dry, icy air wreaks havoc on my lips, and every time I'd tried a chapstick in the past it would help for all of five minutes then wear off. This stuff WORKS for me and feels great. The smell is a little weird at first and you have to get used to it, but it's definitely grown on me. Pretty affordable ($5.50 at BBW) and an everyday important product for me!

I do love this salve on my lips! It ends up being a beautiful slight tint that makes my pale lips appear somewhat natural instead of unpigmented. I don't really like applying it to many other parts of the body, other than the lips and sometimes cuticles because of the petroleum base which usually gives me whiteheads on other parts of the skin. I have noticed that sometimes, if it goes over my lip line- I'll break out there so that's why I took 1 lippie away. Also, in a pinch if you need to removed stubborn eye makeup, a little bit of this on kleenex will wipe away any liner, waterproof mascara, etc.
The best part is that a tin of this lasts forever- I've had mine for a couple of years (which is starting to freak me out, does this stuff expire ever?) and barely have used half.

I bought this stuff on a whim and I'm so glad that I did...it's wonderful! I only use it on my lips, although the tin says it can be used on other places like elbows, face, and cuticles. I love the scent of this balm - it smells just like roses. Moisturizes my lips and gives it a nice shine. The tin is very large so I know it will be lasting a long time.

Popular Lip Treatments