July 31, 2014 | 1459 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by chibiyumichan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. The smell is great! I mainly use it as a lip balm, sometimes i use it as face moisturizer during outdoor in winter time. I have sensitive skin on my face and great that it doesn't react at all :) I bought couple of them and put it in different places for easy access (of course I always keep one in my purse!) The only down side of the product is the packaging...I have a little difficulty closing the lid after use, that I have to press it really hard to compress all the air out to have it close properly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by CitrusT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had this salve for like a year now but mainly use it during the cooler/colder months. It's basically petroleum with added ingrediants. I like the sweet rose scent and the way the salve sort of inhances my natural lip color. It did a good job at moisturizing my lips. I was surprised because usually blams that contains petroleum leave my lips dry underneath, but that wasn't the case with this one. I never tried the Smith's Rosebud original salve, so I can't compare it to that, but I have tried Smith's Rosebud Strawberry lip balm and bigelow salve is much better than that one. I also use it for dry spots on my hands. All in all it's something that is good to keep around, and it will last a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by MissDolcenGabbana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh I bought this product because it was a buy 2 get 1 free and I absolutely love it! This is the best lip balm. It's so soothing and it smells awesome. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by nm1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is obviously Bath and Body's ode to Smith's Rosebud Salve. This was purchased after I found myself standing in a mile long line at B and B and wanting to buy something cute and handy. re: something I didn't need. I am a long time buyer of Smith's Rosebud Salve and I don't even really use that all that much. I don't find them moisturizing enough as a lip balm. I have since discovered that these balms are great as a lip primer. I am using up my Smith's and will polish Bigelow's off next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I mainly used the rose salve as a lip product, occasionally using it as for my cuticles, too. As a nightly lip treatment, it worked well as a simple moisturizer. I believe it helped in softening my cuticles, but I don't think I applied it regularly enough to give it a fair assessment as a nail treatment. The large tin lasted me at least 2 years, if not longer. While Rose Salve did its job, I could not stand the smell and the fact that it lasted for so long turned me off and got on my nerves. Also, sometimes the tin could be a pain to open.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by ivette1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got his recently, I bought it while at the mall, i didn't have my regular lipbalm with me, so I bought this, it smells good, but I must say I prefer it for my cuticles rather than my lips, I would buy this again but only to use as a cuticle treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by tiishalicious

I've been using this product for about a year now, and I absolutely love it! I mainly use it as a lip balm, but recently i've used this salve as an overnight eye and cuticle moisturizer. I love the mild rose smell and the tin is'nt bothersome. One container lasted me four months of everyday use. I've got my best friend hooked, I definitely recommend this and will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by facebylace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought this at Bath & Body. I absolutely love it!! I love the light scent it has & it moisturizes very well. It also works great over lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by timtum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used Smith's rosebud salve first and when I ran out I didn't want to drive out of my way to get another tin so I decided to try this one. I am not happy with it. I am going to finish the tin though because I did pay for it. I can't believe C.O. Bigelow is even comparing themself to Smith's Rosebud salve. They are even priced similarly. I don't think C.O. Bigelow deserves to call their product a salve. I think its a cheap imitation which only emulates vaseline. I wouldn't buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

While by itself I thought this product was decent, it is impossible not to compare it to Smith's Rose Salve. This Bigelow product has the texture and consistency of Vaseline. It seems to sit on the surface of the lips a lot longer than necessary, instead of being absorbed. Luckily, this balm doesn't have much taste. The rose essence isn't strong enough IMO. The worst thing about this was the tin. It's very annoying to open and close (esp. with glossy fingers) and once I left this is the car and it melted becoming warped to one curve of the tin-awesome. Will definitely stick with Smith's, which has a much more velvety texture.