C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

4.3

Petrolatum, Lanolin oil, squalane, jojoba esters, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, cotton seed oil, octyldodecanol, bisabolol, red 20 lake (CI 73360).

on 12/1/2009 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Great, great product! Smells wonderful, just like a rose garden and softens skin and wherever it goes. One tub lasted me about a year and i will continue to buy this!

on 11/30/2009 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect as a moisturizing clear gloss! Smells great and softens. A little bit around the nose when sick and it doesn't matter how many tissues you use, your skin will stay moisturized.

This stuff is great, especially in the winter. I put it everywhere, on my lips, cuticles, elbows, etc... Anywhere that needs some serious moisture. When I have a bad cold or allergy attack, my nose gets reallly raw and dry from all the blowing. I'll put some of this on before I go to bed and it immediatley soothes and moisturizes the skin and in the morning, the rawness is pretty much gone. There is a bit of a "petroleum" taste/smell to it (for lack of a better description), I would prefer more of a rose smell to it. And it does tend to be a bit greasy, so don't touch your hair after you've got this on your hands. But this product definatley delivers. Plus, it lasts forever. Would I rebuy? Probably.

on 11/19/2009 7:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

ETA: After about a week of daily use, the scent started getting to me. Also, I realized that I confused this for Smith's RoseBUD salve, which is what I *thought* I had purchased. In any case, this is pretty much a colored vaseline, and I am trying to stay away from Petroleum-based lip products so back to the store this went. If you don't mine petroleum-based lip products and like the scent of roses, this may be for you.

Where has this been all my life???! I recently got into rose-scented beauty products thanks to Stella McCartney Stella and I ran out of my Perfumeria Gal scented vaseline so I was in the market to buy something new. I am weird and I have "purse" lip balm (in the tube) and "at home" lip balm (in the pot). I use tube balm when I'm on the go so I don't have to dip my dirty fingers into anything, whereas at home I can wash my hands, etc. Anyways this is incredibly moisturizing without that waxy thick feeling. I love the light rose scent, although if you're not into roses/florals you might be turned off by this product. Overall, I'm a fan! Price is not super cheap at $5.50, but I was able to get mine buy-2-get-1-free at BBW so it's not too bad in the end.

on 11/12/2009 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like using this for my chapped lips. Lip balms usually win me over when they can conquer my dry, chapped chips and this rose salve has passed the test. My lips are instantly healed after application.

I'm not a fan of the packaging. Although I do like the appearance of the jar, like the reviewer below, I always struggle with opening the jar as I constantly have to twist the lid around and around to open it. I've tried just prying the lid off but it's still difficult.

I'm also not big on products that require dipping your finger or brush.

However, I feel that the product's quality makes up for the packaging flaws.

on 11/12/2009 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome and cheap for the amount you get (5.50 CAD at Bath and Body Works and sometimes you can find these for 3/$15.00). I use this all the time and it gives your lips a nice shine, a little bit of tint, softens them and you don't need to reapply.

I always put this on at night before I go to sleep and wake up with soft lips. Normally around this time of year my lips tend to get flaky and peel but they haven't which I attribute to using this.

It smells somewhat foody to me when I put this on my lips with a bit of a rose smell which I like.

My only problem with this is the tin. I am not sure if it's the tin I picked up but I am always wrestling to get the top off. I try not to smush down the top but I still have a problem with the opening it up other than this I would likely repurchase but I think it will be a while before I need replace it.

on 11/7/2009 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff, and considering how much you get, I think it is super cheap! My lips peel horribly and they always have, but this product really protects and softens them, plus I think it looks great over lipstick or lip stain. I will definitely be using this for some time.

on 10/29/2009 11:12:00 AM

i lov ethe scent of the product, I would not necessarily called it Rose, but its a soft floral scents. I love the texture also it is not oily or greasy feeling, very moisturizing. I use this mostly for lips and cuticles. Sometimes in the colder weather I use it for my nose and chin since they get extremely dry and flakly. The packaging is ok for me, only problem is my lid is a little looser. I fill like it should be a tighter fit so the top does not come off in my purse or make up bag. Also it is pretty easy to find since it is sold in BBW and its decent pricing, I paid $5.50 for mine. I would definitately ourchase this product again.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Very moisturizing. I love the light pink shade. However, the packaging isn't very hygienic. That's why I took off one lippy.

EDIT: I am so in love with this. I use it every single morning. Its the last part of my routine. I just love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love that is multipurpose. I brought this to use on my lips but then after a while i notice i was using this for other things! It helped just about all my dry areas! I like the tin because after you are done with it you can use it for other things like for mints or a pill box. I do plan to buy more when i run out! so fair it keeps my skin soft and supple.I give it 4 lippies only because it doesnt smell like rose.

Popular Lip Treatments