October 24, 2014 | 898 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Very moisturizing. I love the light pink shade. However, the packaging isn't very hygienic. That's why I took off one lippy.

EDIT: I am so in love with this. I use it every single morning. Its the last part of my routine. I just love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love that is multipurpose. I brought this to use on my lips but then after a while i notice i was using this for other things! It helped just about all my dry areas! I like the tin because after you are done with it you can use it for other things like for mints or a pill box. I do plan to buy more when i run out! so fair it keeps my skin soft and supple.I give it 4 lippies only because it doesnt smell like rose.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by stephisticated

i love this. the packaging doesn't bother me either. it makes my lips really soft and moisturized with a nice light pink sheen and lasts a long time. also, it cleared up 2 zits that i had OVERNIGHT and left no mark or scar, they were just gone with smooth skin. it took away a few dry patches i had as well. i use it on my lashes at night as well. love love love.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by chibiyumichan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. The smell is great! I mainly use it as a lip balm, sometimes i use it as face moisturizer during outdoor in winter time. I have sensitive skin on my face and great that it doesn't react at all :) I bought couple of them and put it in different places for easy access (of course I always keep one in my purse!) The only down side of the product is the packaging...I have a little difficulty closing the lid after use, that I have to press it really hard to compress all the air out to have it close properly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by CitrusT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had this salve for like a year now but mainly use it during the cooler/colder months. It's basically petroleum with added ingrediants. I like the sweet rose scent and the way the salve sort of inhances my natural lip color. It did a good job at moisturizing my lips. I was surprised because usually blams that contains petroleum leave my lips dry underneath, but that wasn't the case with this one. I never tried the Smith's Rosebud original salve, so I can't compare it to that, but I have tried Smith's Rosebud Strawberry lip balm and bigelow salve is much better than that one. I also use it for dry spots on my hands. All in all it's something that is good to keep around, and it will last a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by MissDolcenGabbana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh I bought this product because it was a buy 2 get 1 free and I absolutely love it! This is the best lip balm. It's so soothing and it smells awesome. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by nm1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is obviously Bath and Body's ode to Smith's Rosebud Salve. This was purchased after I found myself standing in a mile long line at B and B and wanting to buy something cute and handy. re: something I didn't need. I am a long time buyer of Smith's Rosebud Salve and I don't even really use that all that much. I don't find them moisturizing enough as a lip balm. I have since discovered that these balms are great as a lip primer. I am using up my Smith's and will polish Bigelow's off next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I mainly used the rose salve as a lip product, occasionally using it as for my cuticles, too. As a nightly lip treatment, it worked well as a simple moisturizer. I believe it helped in softening my cuticles, but I don't think I applied it regularly enough to give it a fair assessment as a nail treatment. The large tin lasted me at least 2 years, if not longer. While Rose Salve did its job, I could not stand the smell and the fact that it lasted for so long turned me off and got on my nerves. Also, sometimes the tin could be a pain to open.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by ivette1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got his recently, I bought it while at the mall, i didn't have my regular lipbalm with me, so I bought this, it smells good, but I must say I prefer it for my cuticles rather than my lips, I would buy this again but only to use as a cuticle treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by tiishalicious

I've been using this product for about a year now, and I absolutely love it! I mainly use it as a lip balm, but recently i've used this salve as an overnight eye and cuticle moisturizer. I love the mild rose smell and the tin is'nt bothersome. One container lasted me four months of everyday use. I've got my best friend hooked, I definitely recommend this and will buy again!