C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

4.3

Petrolatum, Lanolin oil, squalane, jojoba esters, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, cotton seed oil, octyldodecanol, bisabolol, red 20 lake (CI 73360).

on 1/17/2010 8:30:00 PM

this amazing product finally comes in a tube!!!!! geez what took them so long?!?! got it from CO Bigelow in nyc today .. was $8 for a very small amount of product. ouch!

on 1/11/2010 5:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely lovee my rose salve. I usually don't like petroleum products on my lips but somehow this is super moisturizing. I use it on my lips, cuticles, anywhere I'm dry. Love it! Been using it daily for about a year and still have about 1/4 left. Just don't carry it around in the summer, it'll melt in your purse :(

on 1/8/2010 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a HG lip product for me. I lost it for a couple of weeks and my lips felt like they were literally suffering the entire time. When I started using it again my lips thanked me. They were no longer dry, chapped, and flaky. They feel amazingly soft and I LOVE the subtle tint that they give; it's a beautiful light rose color and is perfect for everyday wear. The salve is thick and gooey and feels very refreshing and comforting when you apply it. I play ice hockey in the winter, and the cold, dry, icy air wreaks havoc on my lips, and every time I'd tried a chapstick in the past it would help for all of five minutes then wear off. This stuff WORKS for me and feels great. The smell is a little weird at first and you have to get used to it, but it's definitely grown on me. Pretty affordable ($5.50 at BBW) and an everyday important product for me!

I do love this salve on my lips! It ends up being a beautiful slight tint that makes my pale lips appear somewhat natural instead of unpigmented. I don't really like applying it to many other parts of the body, other than the lips and sometimes cuticles because of the petroleum base which usually gives me whiteheads on other parts of the skin. I have noticed that sometimes, if it goes over my lip line- I'll break out there so that's why I took 1 lippie away. Also, in a pinch if you need to removed stubborn eye makeup, a little bit of this on kleenex will wipe away any liner, waterproof mascara, etc.
The best part is that a tin of this lasts forever- I've had mine for a couple of years (which is starting to freak me out, does this stuff expire ever?) and barely have used half.

on 12/24/2009 10:27:00 PM

I bought this stuff on a whim and I'm so glad that I did...it's wonderful! I only use it on my lips, although the tin says it can be used on other places like elbows, face, and cuticles. I love the scent of this balm - it smells just like roses. Moisturizes my lips and gives it a nice shine. The tin is very large so I know it will be lasting a long time.

on 12/1/2009 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Great, great product! Smells wonderful, just like a rose garden and softens skin and wherever it goes. One tub lasted me about a year and i will continue to buy this!

on 11/30/2009 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect as a moisturizing clear gloss! Smells great and softens. A little bit around the nose when sick and it doesn't matter how many tissues you use, your skin will stay moisturized.

This stuff is great, especially in the winter. I put it everywhere, on my lips, cuticles, elbows, etc... Anywhere that needs some serious moisture. When I have a bad cold or allergy attack, my nose gets reallly raw and dry from all the blowing. I'll put some of this on before I go to bed and it immediatley soothes and moisturizes the skin and in the morning, the rawness is pretty much gone. There is a bit of a "petroleum" taste/smell to it (for lack of a better description), I would prefer more of a rose smell to it. And it does tend to be a bit greasy, so don't touch your hair after you've got this on your hands. But this product definatley delivers. Plus, it lasts forever. Would I rebuy? Probably.

on 11/19/2009 7:00:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

ETA: After about a week of daily use, the scent started getting to me. Also, I realized that I confused this for Smith's RoseBUD salve, which is what I *thought* I had purchased. In any case, this is pretty much a colored vaseline, and I am trying to stay away from Petroleum-based lip products so back to the store this went. If you don't mine petroleum-based lip products and like the scent of roses, this may be for you.

Where has this been all my life???! I recently got into rose-scented beauty products thanks to Stella McCartney Stella and I ran out of my Perfumeria Gal scented vaseline so I was in the market to buy something new. I am weird and I have "purse" lip balm (in the tube) and "at home" lip balm (in the pot). I use tube balm when I'm on the go so I don't have to dip my dirty fingers into anything, whereas at home I can wash my hands, etc. Anyways this is incredibly moisturizing without that waxy thick feeling. I love the light rose scent, although if you're not into roses/florals you might be turned off by this product. Overall, I'm a fan! Price is not super cheap at $5.50, but I was able to get mine buy-2-get-1-free at BBW so it's not too bad in the end.

on 11/12/2009 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like using this for my chapped lips. Lip balms usually win me over when they can conquer my dry, chapped chips and this rose salve has passed the test. My lips are instantly healed after application.

I'm not a fan of the packaging. Although I do like the appearance of the jar, like the reviewer below, I always struggle with opening the jar as I constantly have to twist the lid around and around to open it. I've tried just prying the lid off but it's still difficult.

I'm also not big on products that require dipping your finger or brush.

However, I feel that the product's quality makes up for the packaging flaws.

Popular Lip Treatments