April 16, 2014 | 1510 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by tiishalicious

I've been using this product for about a year now, and I absolutely love it! I mainly use it as a lip balm, but recently i've used this salve as an overnight eye and cuticle moisturizer. I love the mild rose smell and the tin is'nt bothersome. One container lasted me four months of everyday use. I've got my best friend hooked, I definitely recommend this and will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by facebylace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought this at Bath & Body. I absolutely love it!! I love the light scent it has & it moisturizes very well. It also works great over lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by timtum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used Smith's rosebud salve first and when I ran out I didn't want to drive out of my way to get another tin so I decided to try this one. I am not happy with it. I am going to finish the tin though because I did pay for it. I can't believe C.O. Bigelow is even comparing themself to Smith's Rosebud salve. They are even priced similarly. I don't think C.O. Bigelow deserves to call their product a salve. I think its a cheap imitation which only emulates vaseline. I wouldn't buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

While by itself I thought this product was decent, it is impossible not to compare it to Smith's Rose Salve. This Bigelow product has the texture and consistency of Vaseline. It seems to sit on the surface of the lips a lot longer than necessary, instead of being absorbed. Luckily, this balm doesn't have much taste. The rose essence isn't strong enough IMO. The worst thing about this was the tin. It's very annoying to open and close (esp. with glossy fingers) and once I left this is the car and it melted becoming warped to one curve of the tin-awesome. Will definitely stick with Smith's, which has a much more velvety texture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by DiyaSpade

Ever since the Bath Body Works opened up at my nearby mall, I have been hooked on this stuff! I buy these in multiples of 3 (since they are always buy 2 get 1 free), and I have one in every single room in my house. I use these mainly as a lip balm, but I also use it for my cuticles and also one time I had a minor irritation from a burn and I applied it there and it didn't hurt as much. I think this is a great multi-functioning product. I highly recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by gausman86

Bought this because I didn't have time to go to Sephora for the Smiths Rosebud Salve. Ok product - container was hard to open compared to Smiths. Spent a good 5 minutes trying to open it every time. Different product than Smiths - smells a little different, greasier. Ok product if it's your only Rosebud option but definately get Smiths if you can. Smells way better, gives your lips a great pink tint and easy to open container!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by star54

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!
I only use it on my lips, it's far too greasy to apply it elsewhere, because it doesn't really absorb like cream or lotion would (but I did use it on a dry patch of skin overnight and it worked really well).

It has a faint rose smell, and normally rose scents make me gag, but this is subtle and just right. It's the only thing I've use on my lips for the past 2 weeks since I bought it, and I'm really happy with it. Love the old fashioned tin it comes in too, and it's inexpensive.

I'll definitely be repurchasing once it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by sarahharb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sister bought this for me when she was at B&BW and i absolutely love it! I saw it on an editors must have list in glow magazine so i was intrigued (Also am obsessed with lip balm and gloss) . My lips are 100% smoother in just one day. no more flakies or dryness. also i used it on my daughters diaper rash...just a bit and its cleared......... IN 1 DAY! Amazing! And at 5 bucks a jar, I will definitely be stocking up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by annaharris_227

I bought this to replace a tin of my Smith's Rosebud Salve, since I didn't want to pay shipping or drive twenty miles to Sephora just for a super-cheap item. Formula wise, it feels the same and works the same as the Smith's brand. It's just as thick and I can use it for the same things as I did before, which is why it still get four lippies. However, the scent is much different, hence subtracting a lippie. The C.O. Bigelow salve does obviously smell like roses, but the scent is much more intense than the Smith's original. It doesn't really bother me enough to warrant tossing it, but I think I prefer the scent of the Smith's one more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by sarahbear3

This is a really great all pupose salve. I have used it for years on myself and my children. It is probably the best lip balm you can find, it keeps lips moisturized and soft for hours, no need to constantly reapply. My son has exzema, and this is the only thing I have found that actually gets rid of it, and I tried lots of other products before finally using this. Burns, cuts, scrapes, and even insect bites--all of these maladies are soothed by this wonderful salve. My youngest son even asks for it when he gets an "owie", "I need Rose Sab"! I use it on my eyes, and it is better than any eye cream I've ever tried, I don't have lines or crow's feet yet. Recently, my brother in law got some bad spots of exzema on his hands and I gave him this since it works for my son. It cleared up his hands in one day! So now he is a believer, and I just made an order for two tins--one for him as well as me since I am missing mine right now. I think that just about everybody will find a use for this, and since it is inexpensive you don't have to feel bad for using it all the time. It is often sold out at B&BW, so I just order it online directly from C.O. Bigelow's website. All in all, this salve is a great product to have on hand. The Rose Wonder cold cream is excellent as well, it contains the same apothecary rose extract.