December 18, 2014 | 1667 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2009 3:56:00 AM More reviews by chrisssay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like using this for my chapped lips. Lip balms usually win me over when they can conquer my dry, chapped chips and this rose salve has passed the test. My lips are instantly healed after application.

I'm not a fan of the packaging. Although I do like the appearance of the jar, like the reviewer below, I always struggle with opening the jar as I constantly have to twist the lid around and around to open it. I've tried just prying the lid off but it's still difficult.

I'm also not big on products that require dipping your finger or brush.

However, I feel that the product's quality makes up for the packaging flaws.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is awesome and cheap for the amount you get (5.50 CAD at Bath and Body Works and sometimes you can find these for 3/$15.00). I use this all the time and it gives your lips a nice shine, a little bit of tint, softens them and you don't need to reapply.

I always put this on at night before I go to sleep and wake up with soft lips. Normally around this time of year my lips tend to get flaky and peel but they haven't which I attribute to using this.

It smells somewhat foody to me when I put this on my lips with a bit of a rose smell which I like.

My only problem with this is the tin. I am not sure if it's the tin I picked up but I am always wrestling to get the top off. I try not to smush down the top but I still have a problem with the opening it up other than this I would likely repurchase but I think it will be a while before I need replace it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by summerteeth1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff, and considering how much you get, I think it is super cheap! My lips peel horribly and they always have, but this product really protects and softens them, plus I think it looks great over lipstick or lip stain. I will definitely be using this for some time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by nenabuggy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i lov ethe scent of the product, I would not necessarily called it Rose, but its a soft floral scents. I love the texture also it is not oily or greasy feeling, very moisturizing. I use this mostly for lips and cuticles. Sometimes in the colder weather I use it for my nose and chin since they get extremely dry and flakly. The packaging is ok for me, only problem is my lid is a little looser. I fill like it should be a tighter fit so the top does not come off in my purse or make up bag. Also it is pretty easy to find since it is sold in BBW and its decent pricing, I paid $5.50 for mine. I would definitately ourchase this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Very moisturizing. I love the light pink shade. However, the packaging isn't very hygienic. That's why I took off one lippy.

EDIT: I am so in love with this. I use it every single morning. Its the last part of my routine. I just love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love that is multipurpose. I brought this to use on my lips but then after a while i notice i was using this for other things! It helped just about all my dry areas! I like the tin because after you are done with it you can use it for other things like for mints or a pill box. I do plan to buy more when i run out! so fair it keeps my skin soft and supple.I give it 4 lippies only because it doesnt smell like rose.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by stephisticated

i love this. the packaging doesn't bother me either. it makes my lips really soft and moisturized with a nice light pink sheen and lasts a long time. also, it cleared up 2 zits that i had OVERNIGHT and left no mark or scar, they were just gone with smooth skin. it took away a few dry patches i had as well. i use it on my lashes at night as well. love love love.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by chibiyumichan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. The smell is great! I mainly use it as a lip balm, sometimes i use it as face moisturizer during outdoor in winter time. I have sensitive skin on my face and great that it doesn't react at all :) I bought couple of them and put it in different places for easy access (of course I always keep one in my purse!) The only down side of the product is the packaging...I have a little difficulty closing the lid after use, that I have to press it really hard to compress all the air out to have it close properly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by CitrusT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had this salve for like a year now but mainly use it during the cooler/colder months. It's basically petroleum with added ingrediants. I like the sweet rose scent and the way the salve sort of inhances my natural lip color. It did a good job at moisturizing my lips. I was surprised because usually blams that contains petroleum leave my lips dry underneath, but that wasn't the case with this one. I never tried the Smith's Rosebud original salve, so I can't compare it to that, but I have tried Smith's Rosebud Strawberry lip balm and bigelow salve is much better than that one. I also use it for dry spots on my hands. All in all it's something that is good to keep around, and it will last a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by MissDolcenGabbana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh I bought this product because it was a buy 2 get 1 free and I absolutely love it! This is the best lip balm. It's so soothing and it smells awesome. I love it!