August 29, 2014 | 996 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by stephisticated

i love this. the packaging doesn't bother me either. it makes my lips really soft and moisturized with a nice light pink sheen and lasts a long time. also, it cleared up 2 zits that i had OVERNIGHT and left no mark or scar, they were just gone with smooth skin. it took away a few dry patches i had as well. i use it on my lashes at night as well. love love love.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by chibiyumichan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. The smell is great! I mainly use it as a lip balm, sometimes i use it as face moisturizer during outdoor in winter time. I have sensitive skin on my face and great that it doesn't react at all :) I bought couple of them and put it in different places for easy access (of course I always keep one in my purse!) The only down side of the product is the packaging...I have a little difficulty closing the lid after use, that I have to press it really hard to compress all the air out to have it close properly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by CitrusT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had this salve for like a year now but mainly use it during the cooler/colder months. It's basically petroleum with added ingrediants. I like the sweet rose scent and the way the salve sort of inhances my natural lip color. It did a good job at moisturizing my lips. I was surprised because usually blams that contains petroleum leave my lips dry underneath, but that wasn't the case with this one. I never tried the Smith's Rosebud original salve, so I can't compare it to that, but I have tried Smith's Rosebud Strawberry lip balm and bigelow salve is much better than that one. I also use it for dry spots on my hands. All in all it's something that is good to keep around, and it will last a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by MissDolcenGabbana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh I bought this product because it was a buy 2 get 1 free and I absolutely love it! This is the best lip balm. It's so soothing and it smells awesome. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by nm1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is obviously Bath and Body's ode to Smith's Rosebud Salve. This was purchased after I found myself standing in a mile long line at B and B and wanting to buy something cute and handy. re: something I didn't need. I am a long time buyer of Smith's Rosebud Salve and I don't even really use that all that much. I don't find them moisturizing enough as a lip balm. I have since discovered that these balms are great as a lip primer. I am using up my Smith's and will polish Bigelow's off next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I mainly used the rose salve as a lip product, occasionally using it as for my cuticles, too. As a nightly lip treatment, it worked well as a simple moisturizer. I believe it helped in softening my cuticles, but I don't think I applied it regularly enough to give it a fair assessment as a nail treatment. The large tin lasted me at least 2 years, if not longer. While Rose Salve did its job, I could not stand the smell and the fact that it lasted for so long turned me off and got on my nerves. Also, sometimes the tin could be a pain to open.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by ivette1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got his recently, I bought it while at the mall, i didn't have my regular lipbalm with me, so I bought this, it smells good, but I must say I prefer it for my cuticles rather than my lips, I would buy this again but only to use as a cuticle treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by tiishalicious

I've been using this product for about a year now, and I absolutely love it! I mainly use it as a lip balm, but recently i've used this salve as an overnight eye and cuticle moisturizer. I love the mild rose smell and the tin is'nt bothersome. One container lasted me four months of everyday use. I've got my best friend hooked, I definitely recommend this and will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by facebylace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought this at Bath & Body. I absolutely love it!! I love the light scent it has & it moisturizes very well. It also works great over lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by timtum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used Smith's rosebud salve first and when I ran out I didn't want to drive out of my way to get another tin so I decided to try this one. I am not happy with it. I am going to finish the tin though because I did pay for it. I can't believe C.O. Bigelow is even comparing themself to Smith's Rosebud salve. They are even priced similarly. I don't think C.O. Bigelow deserves to call their product a salve. I think its a cheap imitation which only emulates vaseline. I wouldn't buy this product again.