November 24, 2014 | 1516 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by preslejen

I bought this after they discontinued my HG Dream Matte (which I'm still really sad about). I have the translucent shade, and so far I'm relatively happy with it.

It looks great right after I put it on, it has a nice matte finish which is exactly what I wanted. It's not too cakey and builds really well to cover up any shine.

My only two problems are that it doesn't last all day for me, and the packaging is kind of horrible.

I put on my makeup every day at around 5:50 am, and by 6 pm it looks oily. I don't end up looking like a monster, but it's just not the look I'm going for. I know that it's pretty ridiculous to ask for a powder foundation to look good until I get home from work (8pm) but Dream Matte was able to do that, so it's disappointing that Stay Matte can't.

Regardless, it does last much longer than a lot of other DS powder foundations.

As for the packaging, it's really basic. It's just the powder with a clear plastic lid over it. There's no mirror and it pops open easily in my bag, so it's difficult to use it during the day for touch ups.

And if you drop it, the powder will break and go all over the place. Obviously this is more of a me being clumsy issue, but still important to know for other people who tend to drop things.

So it's a great powder, with a few minor issues. I'll definitely keep using it regularly.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Maclover202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really enjoy this product I have gone through at least 5 of these powders. I have tried both the transparent shade and also the actually shades but the shades have no pigmentation so all the shades are like transparent shades. My favorite shade is the transparent shade. It does have very little specks of sparkles but once on the face you can't even tell. It does keep me matte but doesn't do anything breathtaking like keeping me matte ALL day but then again no powder does, well at least not for me ;). It also has a scent but I actually enjoy it and it doesn't make your face smell or anything its just a pleasant scent and I have acne prone skin and it doesn't broke me out. The price is amazing I get it for $3-$4 at my local drugstore and it comes with a ton of product. The packaging is horrible. If your going to keep it in your makeup drawers then its ok but if you keep it in your purse for touch ups or take it on trips the power can easily open and get all over your stuff and the lid breaks or has chunks fall off (sadly both have happened to me :,( overall really love the product NOT packaging and would repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by smnthalbrt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this to set my foundation and it does a pretty decent job. I've repurchased this stuff about three times, usually in transparent, but last time I went to Walmart they were sold out of that, so I just got the lightest shade, which is still basically transparent.
My skins normal/dry so I don't need this for oil control, just to set. Doesn't cake me up like other pressed powders I've tried.
Other than the packaging being a disappointment, it's a staple. I'm clumsy and have dropped mine and it shattered into a million little dusty pieces, it's only three dollars at Walmart though so it's not that big of a loss if that happens.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by koridixon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder for oily-skinned girls on a budget! I bought mine in the color nude beige for less than $5 at Walmart. I must say, I didn't expect much, but now I see what all the hype over this powder is about! The color matches my warm olive skin perfectly. It provides moderate coverage. And best of all, it seriously helps control shine! With most powders/foundations my face turns in to an oil slick unless I blot or touch up often. With Stay Matte, I use WAY less powder than usual and I can easily go a few hours without checking my makeup.

As for cons, it tends to look cakey if I use too much. It's not the most natural finish. And I'm not sure it would look good on anyone with dry-ish skin. The packaging does suck, but that's fine with me if it means paying less for the product. ;)

Overall it works really well on my oily skin. At such a great price, I know I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good, cheap powder. I use this with my Studio Gear Wet/Dry Duel Identity Foundation. The packaging is HORRIBLE, but the powder itself is pretty darn awesome. I only have to really powder my nose by midday and that's saying a lot, considering how oily my skin can be.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by BriJax01

Well I bought this product after hearing so many people love it, but I'd have to say I'm not impressed! I feel that my foundation started to slip easier and my oil was peaking through. I guess if you have normal skin it might work for you but this definitely did not wow me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by sleepyeyesbonyknees

Adds good coverage. Can dry out skin if not moisturized thoroughly. I can see buying this as soon as I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by meowkitkat

I have combo skin, dry on my cheeks and somewhat oily in my t-zone. I never used to be that way, but thats what happens when you get older. I use the Stay Matte foundation only on my t-zone and have found it usually lasts all day for me. But when it gets really hot outside (thanks, Texas) I start getting a teeny bit shiny. I only use this powder with a big fluffy brush ON MY T-ZONE ONLY and it helps take the shine away from those warm days. I have this in translucent. I don't use it to set my foundation, I really don't like putting a ton of products on my face but this definitely helps to keep on hand.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Bryony

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in 011-Creamy Natural. I've actually purchased this more than once because I've really liked it in the past. But, every time I have I've thought what a shame it is that the packaging is the way it is. I'm just not a fan of it. Also, I'm becoming more conscious of what I put on my face and this has talc and parabens, so I won't be using it anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

For drugstore, this powder is an impressive one! I reach for it often and always gives impressive results when setting my makeup.