April 16, 2014 | 939 users online

Treatments - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by geloria

This is my HG product! I've been using the body shop's tea tree oil for 6 years now and no matter how much I try using other acne treatment product, I always end up back to this one! The body shop's tea tree oil works better for new pimples, especially sometimes when you can start feeling a bump and you know it'll turn into a big red pimple the next day, start applying the body shop's tea tree oil and it'll definitely help reduce the possibility of the "bump" actually becoming a big red pimple. It helps to reduce the "bigness" and "redness" of the pimple and it doesn't leave any scars after it heals.As I said, it works best for newer pimples rather than old. When i apply it to my old pimples/left over scar, it really doesn't do much. The price is relatively cheap (below 10 bux) as compared with other expensive acne treatment creams/gels. Overall I'd highly recommend this product for those who want an affordable acne treatment product that still works wonders!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by ashes007

I find this works good as a spot treatment. It really makes the blemish red though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a year now and it doesnt do anything at all!!! I have mild acne on my forehead and I use this for spot treatments. It doesnt make my pimples go away or worsen it. I dont have a problem with my diet. I drink about 8 cups of water a day and I stay away from greasy food. I would like to try jojoba oil after I finish this bottle, i dont like wasting products. I brought this for about 8 dollars too. I had high hops for it too. Well this bottle contain 10 ml of oil and a third is left in the bottle and I have been using this for a year now a few times a week. This will last you a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 3:25:00 AM More reviews by sandrac0118

This is a great product for your unsightly pimples. It is good for on the spot treatments. I use it at night especially on the big pimples that hurt. It acts quickly to dry them out and reduce the size of the large unsightly pimples. Overall, it works great and a lot better than clearasil or neutrogena pimple treatments.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by VanillaLipgloss

I like the bottle version of this, better value & most hygenic to use.
Usually stings a bit when applied, which feels like it's working well! It reduces redness & I would maybe buy it again, but I think goold old Sudocreme is better & great value!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 7:43:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this thing works at times for me and you could feel it stings a little bit but soon it'd become settled on your skin, the next day you wake up finding less-red and irritable acne. I bought this along with the tea tree oil blemish stick , which works equally nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2008 11:01:00 PM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loooove tea tree oil, my face is flawless. Im supposed to have acne, and recently quit benzoyl peroxide which is the only thing that worked for me bc benz perox i found out gives u premature aging and skin cancer. Im so glad bc my skin still looks beautiful and soft and less red and oily!! I can feel it heal my skin and it gets rid of scars. My pores also look much smaller. I apply it all over to combat bacteria and blemishes, but i did it on a HUGE spot which it killed in 2 days!! It took a while for it to kick in for my whole face but it definitely does wonders. I want to try a 100% and mix it up w/ lotion bc the body shop brand is mixed with alcohol & a few other things so u get less for your money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been debating for a while whether or not to buy this after doing some tea tree oil research, and while I was at the mall, I noticed they had a 2 for $18 sale on tea tree oil products at The Body Shop, so I figured why not.

I've used the tea tree oil as a spot treatment for the past couple of nights, and so far, I really love it. I put it on right after I wash/moisturize and then off to bed. By the next morning, the blemishes are much smaller. It doesn't dry out or irritate my skin at all. Some may not care for the smell of tea tree oil, but I don't mind it. It's a great natural pimple treatment.

UPDATE 10/04/2010: I recently developed a sore hormonal pimple on my chin last week. My prescription topical treatments weren't doing much, so I rediscovered this in my medicine cabinet. It's not at all a miracle product, but it reduced the pimple when my other acne meds couldn't. Still a great natural spot-treatment!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by RoxieFoxie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT 20.08.2008 -->> I tried this last night , and instead of drying the spots out or taking the redness out a bit , it actually made them bigger and ready to pop. I'm already tired of trying to find the perfect product , to dry up the spots I have .

I think Im done with buying such products , and I'll only relly on my cleansing routine and the make-up that doesnt break me out , and then let my face breath instead of applying all kind of treatments , masks, etc.

After all these raves about Tea tree oil , I thought it's the miracle product that will save me from my ongoing spot problem. From now on , no more ...I have a vivid proof that , on my forehead, where I dont apply much ( not even foundation, powder etc. ) ... that area is clean and clear of spots. << --

I'm still not totally convinced by this product. I dont get cystic acne or big spots on my face , but I have some little spots from time to time that are just annoying.

I have tried this a few times and did nothing to the appearance of my spots. Didnt even dry them , and you have to bare in mind this smells awful.

Im giving it another go for a few more weeks , and if there's any improvement , I'll be updating my review.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by tris99

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I've been dealing with some cystic acne recently and nothing was working. Combined with the tea tree facewash it is overdrying. But alone, I WAS AMAZED!! I never had anything work so fast and effectively on cystic acne!! It made it disappear. Love love love it!