September 21, 2014 | 1881 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by hathor2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been buying tea tree blemish stick (avon's or the body shop's) for a long time now and I would have to agree that it's not an instant cure. It is a way to deal with wounds faster than a break out or wound if it would heal by itself.
I like the fact that the body shop's tea tree blemish stick or oil in a bottle does not have alcohol so my potentially big pimple or even small cuts don't sting upon applying a few drops of this product. Yep I use it on small cuts or scratches from my cats after I've cleaned the wound.
It's not a magic cure all, but it does help in making the cut close faster and a potentially big pimple not come out at all or my pimple will not come out as big as it would have without use of this product.
The packaging of the oil or blemish stick is small enough that it's a must have for me in my bag. There's hardly any scent if any. It could be a little cheaper like Avon's but it lasts a long time because a little goes a long way so it's worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2008 2:42:00 AM More reviews by En_Song

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Used this ages ago when I had wave after wave of acne attacks. Did absolutely nothing and was a complete waste of $$$. Only roaccutane saved me. So, guys, if you have acne, please don't waste time and $$ on topical products, get yourself on roaccutane and watch those zits and oilies disappear. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2008 12:43:00 PM More reviews by ashley1227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought I would really like this stuff because it said it was for oily skin, which I have, but it didn't really do anything for my skin. The packaging sucks, it was almost impossible to get the oil out of the bottle and the bottle didn't last very long. I tried 100% tea tree oil and that didn't work either so maybe this oil just isn't for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by angelswing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This does nothing to my pimple

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by rambo_fb

DISCLAIMER ABOUT TEA TREE OIL: I feel like what a lot of people expect from tea tree oil products is instant results, but that's not how it works. Because tea tree oil is a natural anti-septic, it first pushes all the impurities out of your skin (meaning sometimes it can get worse before it gets better) and then starts preventing. I know the last thing a lot of people, especially teens, want to hear is that their skin will get worse but it's really worth it because it will STAY better. A lot of cleansers and toners that I've used just keep things at bay instead of getting rid of it, but my skin actually feels healthy.

Back to this product. When I'm feeling like my skin might be teetering towards a small breakout or I get a small pimple forming I will drop a couple drops of this onto a cotton pad and dab it on overnight. Depending on the stage of the acne it will either force it out or kill the germs causing it.

It's only $9 and even though the bottle is tiny you use it a few drops at a time.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2008 3:53:00 AM More reviews by catteys

I dont see any help from this product, i will not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2008 7:08:00 PM More reviews by BABYJUICY

I broke out with almost a full face of pimples this month that I even had to make an appointment for a dermatologist! So I went to buy this product that I've been wanting to get in a while but I wasn't sure it would work. I used it last night, which was my first time using this. So far, my results are good. Its clearing my pimples up. I hope by tmrw, most of the pimples will be gone because im really hoping for a clearer skin which I haven't seen in years.

EDIT: This product is alright.There's better pimple solutions out there than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by geloria

This is my HG product! I've been using the body shop's tea tree oil for 6 years now and no matter how much I try using other acne treatment product, I always end up back to this one! The body shop's tea tree oil works better for new pimples, especially sometimes when you can start feeling a bump and you know it'll turn into a big red pimple the next day, start applying the body shop's tea tree oil and it'll definitely help reduce the possibility of the "bump" actually becoming a big red pimple. It helps to reduce the "bigness" and "redness" of the pimple and it doesn't leave any scars after it heals.As I said, it works best for newer pimples rather than old. When i apply it to my old pimples/left over scar, it really doesn't do much. The price is relatively cheap (below 10 bux) as compared with other expensive acne treatment creams/gels. Overall I'd highly recommend this product for those who want an affordable acne treatment product that still works wonders!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by ashes007

I find this works good as a spot treatment. It really makes the blemish red though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a year now and it doesnt do anything at all!!! I have mild acne on my forehead and I use this for spot treatments. It doesnt make my pimples go away or worsen it. I dont have a problem with my diet. I drink about 8 cups of water a day and I stay away from greasy food. I would like to try jojoba oil after I finish this bottle, i dont like wasting products. I brought this for about 8 dollars too. I had high hops for it too. Well this bottle contain 10 ml of oil and a third is left in the bottle and I have been using this for a year now a few times a week. This will last you a while.