November 22, 2014 | 1964 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by prinsessekristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the packaging. The product does the job. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Angie089819

I received this primer as a sample with my Naked 1 palette and it's great. It keeps my eyeshadows on much longer, however I have noticed it's kind of on the greasy side which someone with oily eyelids may not like. Because I am still trying to find my HG primer, I'm not 100% sure if I would purchase a full size of this. However, it does the job so I am satisified! Worth trying out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

Worth every penny. At $20 you might think it's a little pricey for something you might not need, but you definitely do. Not only does it last FOREVER (I've been on the same tube for almost a year), it keeps your eye makeup looking fresh like nothing else I've tried. It's also very light, not at all greasy, and creates a nice blank canvas for any kind of look.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried a sample of this and didn't love it or hate. I just didn't really care for it. The actual tube of this primer is quite expensive and I don't know if it's just me but I didn't really notice a difference with or without this on. All my life I never wore primers before my face makeup/eye makeup. And i don't think I really will as I don't see the point.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Se7enR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this in sample size that came with the Naked Palette a year ago but for some reason I have never used it until a couple of months ago. And guess what? Now I cannot stop using it! It's a great product and a little goes a long way so the sample size is going to last me a long time.

My eyeshadow pops on top of this primer, last from 7am till 8pm and never creases! I recently got another sample size that came with UD Smoked Palette so YAY to that! Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by belizabeth7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this product. I actually only have a sample size that came with some other urban decay products but I had wanted to try it for months before. I was a little questionable with just purchasing it because of the price & I wasn't sure if I should believe all the good reviews but now that I have it I don't think I could ever go back! I used the ELF shadow primer before trying this one and the difference is amazing! I don't think I could ever go back to a cheaper brand when it comes to this. I was shocked how good it worked & made my shadow not only last all day but never crease! I would be open to trying another prestige brand of primer if the price was a little cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Keyra89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love this eye shadow primer.
I have been using this product since 2008
amazing I buy the shimmery one because its so nice on its own I sometimes use it as my eye shadow! But as a primer it's amazing last all day long & easy to clean off.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by kascade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I think this stuff was okay. I originally bought the full sized version and actually wasn't crazy about it because I thought it was a bit too "slippery" feeling. However, i got another mini tube with one of the Naked Palettes and it grew on me. After trying other primers, I appreciated how light in texture it was. I DO prefer something a little thicker for a lot of looks though so I tend to turn to other primers I have then reaching for this one first. I don't care for the wand aspect on the full sized, a little goes a long way because it is so light weight and I like the mini tube. I think for the price, I probably wouldn't buy it again, at least full sized. If it comes in another Urban Decay gift set, then awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Packaging:
Okay, here's my biggest concern about this product. With the way it's packaged (old or new), I feel like there's always going to be some product left over no matter what. I would loooove for UD to come out with like a pot-based or squeeze tube version of this WITHOUT the brush, since most of us use our fingers to blend it out anyways.

Price:
I got mine from Hautelook and I had to pay shipping so that's why I gave it 2 stars. Other than that, it would be either 1 star or 3 depending where you get it. I know that they sell a bunch of the old packaging ones at Nordstrom Rack for $10 or else, and it's practically the same as the new one.

Pros:
-Keeps your shadow in place all day!

Cons:
-Can be pricey
-Packaging can be better

Texture:
Looks creamy but blends out very smoothly. Sets fast so don't wait to blend it.

Smell:
None

Comments/impressions:
Notice how I didn't put anything about the actual product in the cons section. That's because I love it so much! This is seriously my HG primer. Not only does it keep my shadow in place, but also my liner! I like to distribute the product onto my lids and use the empty brush to get it onto my lash line. I find that when I do winged liners, it stays better. Besides the packaging, I have no complaints about the product itself. Simple as that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I only recently began using eyeshadow primers, and before trying this one the only other one I've ever used is E.L.F. Eyelid Primer. Clearly the cost is different, but I am absolutely amazed at the difference. I felt originally eyeshadow primer was a bit gimmicky, another product to purchase and slap on my face. But I cannot believe how much this actually works! Upon returning home from work (having done my makeup more than 10 hours beforehand), I looked as though I had just done my eye makeup! I am officially converted!