September 1, 2014 | 1248 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

best primer i've ever tried! i like the newer packaging of this, because it's easier to operate. the color is a sheer nude and it doesn't apply any coverage to your eyelids. it's pretty expensive, it's $20. i love the consistency, it's thick, so you barely need any for both eyelids. it keeps my eyeshadows lasting all day/night and it's definitely one of my HGs. it's so great and i'd recommend it to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by itspookieg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I celebrated NYE yesterday, danced all night! Walked around the whole club! && went to sleep without taking off my makeup (bad, I know) but I woke up this mornig with the surprise my makeup was still intact! when other times its all smeared and what not! eyeshadow was still good not as sharp as when I applied but I could even wear the same makeup from last night and look really good. So overall Amaazeeeballss!!' Get it if you can a little priceyy! but it will last forever since u only apply a little bit!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've never been much of an eyeshadow person, but eyeliner is an absolutely indispensable part of my routine. But my eyes are, shall we say, a little problematic. Oily, double lids combined with deep-set eyes and an active lifestyle mean that I've literally spent years trying to find some way to keep the damn stuff where I put it. I've tried setting it with eyeshadow, translucent powder (over and under the liner) - you name it, I've tried it. And let's not even go into the bag full of rejected eyeliners I've gone through, each promising long wear, but each and every one of them inevitably ending up smeared across my under-eye area, eyelid, crease, and browbone, sometimes before I'd even left the mirror.

I've always been a strictly drugstore-only girl when it comes to makeup - I'm on a student's budget, and couldn't afford to get sucked into an addiction to more expensive products. But I got a Sephora gift card for Christmas, and the first thing in my shopping bag was UDPP. I'd read all the rave reviews about it, but thought it couldn't be *that* good. I'd been disappointed so many times that the best I was realistically hoping for was something that would at least keep my liner sorta in place for five or six hours. And, hey, with $20 of Santa's money to spend, what did I have to lose?

And, wow, was I wrong! not only does it lock my eyeliner in place from 7:30 AM to midnight, but on most days, when I go to take it off, it looks as fresh and vibrant as if I'd just applied it. This is a real game-changer for me - now I'm free to go and re-visit all the shades of liner I loved but had to set aside when they wouldn't stay put, and I never have to worry about the dreaded raccoon-eye again!

There has been a bit of a learning curve with regards to application, though. It comes with just a squeeze-tube, not the wand shown in the photo above, so learning how big a dot I need to squeeze out has taken some time - too much, and it slides everywhere (especially into my lashes) and makes a mess, but too little, and it doesn't have enough staying power to combat my legendarily troublesome eyelids. I find that a glob about half the size of a pea is just about right for each eyelid.

Price-wise, I guess it could be worse. I wouldn't want to be buying a tube a week or anything, and it is definitely the most expensive product in my makeup bag (drugstore-only girl, remember?), but I get so much bang for my buck that I consider it money well spent. I'd be over the moon if they came out with a more budget-friendly price (my L'oreal BB cream is about half the price, and for a little more product, too), naturally, but as it is, I'll use it sparingly but repurchase until they stop making it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by kayjay287

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am of the poster child when it comes to oily skin, and at the end of the day my eye makeup either gave me the raccoon look or was wiped off completely. UDPP has been a godsend. I'll put some on my lid and under my eye, and the eyeliner and shadow stays put all day. Even after I wash my face, my eye shadow looks only slightly faded and I have to use eye makeup remover to get it off. UDPP goes on light and smooth. Mine doesn't have the wand in it like the picture above shows, but I like that I'll be able to squeeze out the last remnant of product as I run out. I used to use the Trish McEvoy eyelid primer, which was cakey, dried out quickly, and packaged poorly so as to leave alot of inaccessible product in the bottle. I still have a brand new bottle of the it, but have cast it aside in exuberant favor of UDPP.

For all you other oily-lidded sisters out there, check out the Urban Decay Cannonball mascara as well. That and UDPP will be your BFFS.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by misscherstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Madly in love, you only need alittle bit because it goes along way!! I had for over 6 months and use everyday, make sure to blend as soon as you apply so it won't dry up on lid.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm in the minority on this review of UDPP but I don't like it. I have tried it a few times and it just doesn't work for me. I can feel it on my lids (it feels uncomfortable like I know it's on) it makes my eyes feel "tired" and I only get relief once I wash it all off my lids. It works okay as a primer but what is the use if it is not comfortable. I walk right on by this at Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried to replace you with Fergie Take On The Day.

I will NEVER stray again.

For those of you who are having problems with it looking cakey or chalky. You need to moisturize your eyes in the morning and at night!!! Failure to use a good eye cream will result in chalk with ANY primer. I learned this the hard way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by RobinR

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful product. Everyone agrees but one thing I always use it for also is this; I have oily eyelids and some days I don't wear shadow, just liner. I always, always put this on then cover with a little Honey Bisque, oily lids are dealt with!
Love the stuff....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

I love this eye primer!

When I bought it I loved it right away, it made my eyeshadow my vibrant and easy to apply. Also the staying power was incredible, after I washed my face the eye shadow would still be there.
To be honest I realized how much I loved it when I ran out and had to use eye shadow on it's own (naked palette 2) it was still great but the colour wasn't as vibrant and faded after a few hours. Overall a must if your an eyeshadow junkie!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

There's so many reviews of this, so I'm just gonna make it short.

- It's really great, but too expensive. The elf eyelid primer is just as good, but much cheaper.
But if you want a good quality primer, and wanna pay for it, this is it.