BeneFit Cosmetics Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

3.7

on 8/28/2007 10:56:00 AM

i love this product. it covers my freckles very well. as for the price, it IS expensive but if it can cover my freckles then its worth it!

on 8/24/2007 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty awful foundation. I love stick foundations, and the shade I have, Hide 'N Seek, is a great match. However this stuff turned instantly greasy on my skin, and I have a feeling it breaks me out whenever I use it. Oh well, not like I expect much from BeneFit anyway....

on 8/16/2007 3:44:00 PM

This is convenient but unfortunately I almost never use it! For me a nice liquid foundation is all I needed. beacuse of the stick form, it's kind of heavy and greasy, more like a concealer. I like a light foundation and a cover-it-all concealer. By the way, I have bought so many stick makeup, bobbi brown, arden,.. all very similar, not for someone who likes sheer foundations.

on 7/25/2007 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I fell in love with this product the instant the MA tried it on my skin! It didnt feel like i was wearing anything, yet it covered all my flaws. I thought I found the perfect foundation and then 2 hours later I started feeling dry patches on my cheeks and forehead. I felt like a PRUNE!!! I never had this problem with any product I've used. Before this I used MAC moisture blend NC37 ( and i also use studio fix C4)which I will have to go back to now. Its sad because i expected so much more since its a concealer, creme foundation, and turns to powder foundation all in one. I love the idea but sadly it doesnt work for me. As for the price of $32 I think its too much for a stick of foundation. I will not buy this product again.

on 7/19/2007 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this product is absolutely wonderfull!!! I use it as a concealer/cover up everyday, sometimes reapplying and it works wonders!! It covers up my pores without causing breakouts and gives me a flawless coverage. Since I only use it on certain areas, it really lasts too. My sister and I both use it and one tube usually lasts at least 9 months if not more. For around $30 and lastin nearly a year, I think it's a great buy :)

I'm asian, and have white skin. I think this product was great. I gave it only 4 lippies b/c I'm still in the search. I haven't tried a lot of foundations like the mu gals here. Still I think this was great since I have oily/combination skin and did not get me oily with or w/o powder. I use Nars powder btw. At first, i thought this was breaking me, but I guess it was my moisturizing lotion that was doing that( also a product from benefit.)
I use jax and spinthebottle. The colors are okay for me since I'm fairly white. One thing to remember about this product : you can apply it evenly with a foundation brush. I absolutely encourage those who don't use it to buy one. It really makes a difference when u apply the stuff.
It's a bit pricey, but I don't really care since its lasting me well.

on 5/28/2007 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this as a medium coverage foundation for when I want more coverage then my mmu but not as heavy as colorstay. Yeah, it's not cheap, but I've had a tube last me a year with me using it more days. Applying with a foundation brush helps alot. I do have acne-prone/oily skin but I never felt that the playstick made my skin any worse. I just use blotting sheets/pressed powder throughout the day, but I do that with every foundie, I can't help it! When I tan I'm a tea party but for now I'm a spin the bottle. I'll prolly buy again but that won't be for a long time.

I love the texture of these and for my combination skin and oily t-zone, these are just wonderful. BUT, at £25 I'm just not sure I can justify using them as a daily foundation... I tend to use mine (I've got Jax) more as a concealer to cover imperfections and for touch ups, for which it's pretty good. I love the tea tree scent and the cute, yet stylish packaging, they're just so so expensive!

on 5/1/2007 6:47:00 PM

I have changed my mind about this product several times. I even used to work for Benefit cosmetics and kept going back and forth with it. First, the price is terrible. $32 for the stick, does not last long enough to pay that much. It says it is a concealer, foundation and powder in one-that I believe. It is very heavy, covers EVERYTHING. But you can definately feel it on your skin. The only time I use it now is if I am going out, or am going to be in pictures because it makes your skin look flawless. So if you like the no makeup look, you will hate this.

*There is a secret with this product in application to make it look so flawless on your face!
1. Take a big powder or kabuki brush, and dab the stick on the brush.
2. Then just brush on to your skin all over, making sure to blend like crazy.
It gives you an incredible airbrush look, but you can tell you have makeup on.

So, not something I would wear everyday because of the feel, and not a good product for oily or acne prone skin unless you are not going to have it on more than a few hours!

on 4/5/2007 8:27:00 PM

This stuff is the worst. I've never had a product which accentuated every flaw and flakey and made me sick looking. I don't even have dry skin but with this stuff I had flakeys and dry matches all over. I gave this a try after reading the good reviews on here. The color range is horrible. I tried jax which made me look like a ghost when first applied and by lunch time my face was an orage oil slick. I literally had lines of sweat on my face. I wanted to go in the bathroom and wash my face. And ths stuff is like putty..it's soo dry and I couldn't even blend it into my face. The worst product I ever used. Returned it to Sephora 2 days later...they have it back for almost 35 bucks!!