August 31, 2014 | 1323 users online

Foundations - BeneFit Cosmetics - Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2007 11:46:00 PM More reviews by kim8er1y

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I fell in love with this product the instant the MA tried it on my skin! It didnt feel like i was wearing anything, yet it covered all my flaws. I thought I found the perfect foundation and then 2 hours later I started feeling dry patches on my cheeks and forehead. I felt like a PRUNE!!! I never had this problem with any product I've used. Before this I used MAC moisture blend NC37 ( and i also use studio fix C4)which I will have to go back to now. Its sad because i expected so much more since its a concealer, creme foundation, and turns to powder foundation all in one. I love the idea but sadly it doesnt work for me. As for the price of $32 I think its too much for a stick of foundation. I will not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by kakkdoogii

this product is absolutely wonderfull!!! I use it as a concealer/cover up everyday, sometimes reapplying and it works wonders!! It covers up my pores without causing breakouts and gives me a flawless coverage. Since I only use it on certain areas, it really lasts too. My sister and I both use it and one tube usually lasts at least 9 months if not more. For around $30 and lastin nearly a year, I think it's a great buy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2007 More reviews by clearskies

I'm asian, and have white skin. I think this product was great. I gave it only 4 lippies b/c I'm still in the search. I haven't tried a lot of foundations like the mu gals here. Still I think this was great since I have oily/combination skin and did not get me oily with or w/o powder. I use Nars powder btw. At first, i thought this was breaking me, but I guess it was my moisturizing lotion that was doing that( also a product from benefit.)
I use jax and spinthebottle. The colors are okay for me since I'm fairly white. One thing to remember about this product : you can apply it evenly with a foundation brush. I absolutely encourage those who don't use it to buy one. It really makes a difference when u apply the stuff.
It's a bit pricey, but I don't really care since its lasting me well.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by HelloKittyBoo

I have this as a medium coverage foundation for when I want more coverage then my mmu but not as heavy as colorstay. Yeah, it's not cheap, but I've had a tube last me a year with me using it more days. Applying with a foundation brush helps alot. I do have acne-prone/oily skin but I never felt that the playstick made my skin any worse. I just use blotting sheets/pressed powder throughout the day, but I do that with every foundie, I can't help it! When I tan I'm a tea party but for now I'm a spin the bottle. I'll prolly buy again but that won't be for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2007 9:31:00 PM More reviews by benefitjunkie

I love the texture of these and for my combination skin and oily t-zone, these are just wonderful. BUT, at £25 I'm just not sure I can justify using them as a daily foundation... I tend to use mine (I've got Jax) more as a concealer to cover imperfections and for touch ups, for which it's pretty good. I love the tea tree scent and the cute, yet stylish packaging, they're just so so expensive!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2007 6:47:00 PM More reviews by shuston1

I have changed my mind about this product several times. I even used to work for Benefit cosmetics and kept going back and forth with it. First, the price is terrible. $32 for the stick, does not last long enough to pay that much. It says it is a concealer, foundation and powder in one-that I believe. It is very heavy, covers EVERYTHING. But you can definately feel it on your skin. The only time I use it now is if I am going out, or am going to be in pictures because it makes your skin look flawless. So if you like the no makeup look, you will hate this.

*There is a secret with this product in application to make it look so flawless on your face!
1. Take a big powder or kabuki brush, and dab the stick on the brush.
2. Then just brush on to your skin all over, making sure to blend like crazy.
It gives you an incredible airbrush look, but you can tell you have makeup on.

So, not something I would wear everyday because of the feel, and not a good product for oily or acne prone skin unless you are not going to have it on more than a few hours!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2007 8:27:00 PM More reviews by princessxx

This stuff is the worst. I've never had a product which accentuated every flaw and flakey and made me sick looking. I don't even have dry skin but with this stuff I had flakeys and dry matches all over. I gave this a try after reading the good reviews on here. The color range is horrible. I tried jax which made me look like a ghost when first applied and by lunch time my face was an orage oil slick. I literally had lines of sweat on my face. I wanted to go in the bathroom and wash my face. And ths stuff is like putty..it's soo dry and I couldn't even blend it into my face. The worst product I ever used. Returned it to Sephora 2 days later...they have it back for almost 35 bucks!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2007 10:01:00 AM More reviews by skruger

I adore these things and have purchased both Jump Rope and Tea Party (depending on the season- ie tan or pale!) multiple times. Goes on SUPER smooth and soft, packaging is great and easy to apply- swipe on and blend in with finger. Coverage is nice (medium to heavy depending on how much used) and I really enjoy the green-tea scent. NOW, having said that, there are a couple of drawbacks for me which take a lippie away- 1 being that there isn't much product in the tube and at $30 a pop, buying a tube every 3 months or so got a little pricey for a college student like me- my remedy for that is using an Avon Dewey Souflee foundation all-over and dotting the Playsticks on for a concelear (sp?) and over red areas- does a really nice job at neutralizing those- also, for 2, I had a problem with the second tube that I purchased from a Benefit counter that it was not scented at all and felt a lot drier then my previous- instead of going to the mall, I emailed BeneFit and they were extreamly unhelpful in their reply, stating that I should send it directly to them because they wanted to see MY tube (instead of taking it back to the counter at the mall) and when I expressed that I didn't want to be PlayStick-less and asked what I would be getting in return, I was told they would send me a replacment tube when they got mine but they would NOT pay for my shipping my tube to them- why would I pay to ship mine to them if they were going to do nothing in return but replace it? Needless to say I kept it and used it up, not sure if it was old or what, worked fine just a little chalkier and not scented much, have bought another (fine) one since then. Whew- this was a long one!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by swinechimp

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Here is a funny story:

I bought a Play Stick in Jump Rope after one of the SAs talked me into it. I wore it once and thought it made my skin look gross and dry. A couple of months later, I was out of my regular foundation at the time (Mac studio fix), so I used Jump Rope as a backup. I ended up liking the way it looked on my skin and used it until there was nothing left in the tube (which is rare for me.) I was going to buy a replacement, but I have recently converted to wearing mineral foundation. If I outgrow my mineral foundation phase, I won't hesitate to buy another playstick.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2007 9:04:00 AM More reviews by ashleylouisexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this because it was recommended to me by one of the benefit counter girls. i should have tried before i bought really because when i put this on it absolutely highlights any dry patches on my face and makes me look greasy in some parts and flaky in others. even though i'm not :| the coverage was nice enough, i would only recommend it to people who don't have too dry/greasy/combo skin.