December 21, 2014 | 1258 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by rachel5788

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very good concealer but it has some problems. I have super dark undereye circles and it covered them well. However, its thick and not easy to blend. Also, I hate the lipstick type packaging. I used my ring finger to dab it and blend into my under eyes and soon the stick broke. So its just awkward and annoying. It fades a little too throughout the day, but it pretty much does its job. It was like 5 dollars but I got it like 2 months ago and I already used half (I use it every day). I feel like I can get more product for the money with other concealers. Overall though, this is OK.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by ChanphengHeartsMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too thick for dark circles,hard to blend,i prefer to use this as some kind of eyeshadow primer.Cap also comes off from time to time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by BBrazilian

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok girls, I think a makeup lesson is needed here. The best way to apply this concealer is with a damp sea sponge. Apply the concealer similar to drawing with a crayon on your skin around the eyes (gently). Then you get a sea sponge and wring it until it is just slightly damp. Blend concealer until you a lovely smooth effect. If you are concealing on the cheeks, I usually apply in the same manner and then dab and blend with my finger or a concealer brush to get the desired result. It also helps to first apply moisturiser before using this particular concealer as it is definitely one of the drier ones.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thick, cakey, yellow, unblendable disaster. This is a cheap & nasty product if ever there was one.

Update: To the reviewer above me, it may shock you that the people who have reviewed this product do in fact *gasp* know how to apply concealer. And yeah, we still found it to be a substandard product. But good for you trying to teach all these lost souls the art of concealing.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by dustbowldance

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Horrible product. Consistancy is like a candle, so hard to blend and looks thick and cakey. Will not be purchasing again :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by juneyb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best product for covering blemishes. Doesn't change color or fade. Last long time, even with my oily skin. Fair/light works well for me in winter time. I have yellow and pink under tones. My go to product for concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by sunset8

I have the green one and I use it for my redness in my cheeks I got from acne. It does the job of taking the redness away, but it doesn't really do anything for my blemishes. I put this concealer after I put primer, before I put on my foundation. Then I use a separate concealer for the blemishes. Although this does not do its job of concealing, it does a pretty good job of taking the redness away. Just remember to use this product sparingly, a little goes a long way! The price is not bad either, and I haven't found a better color corrector thus far, so I'll keep buying this product for now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have horrible under eye circles. This is just another drug store concealer added to the junk pile that doesn't work. After trying orange and pink corrector, I thought I'd give the yellow corrector a try. It does not correct anything and looks horrible along or with concealer on top. Just don't buy this unless you have nothing to cover.

5/8/12 update: I just retried this over another concealer. The yellow is great at highlighting my darker areas. I'd barely use any on top of my other concealer. I just wouldn't use this alone. So I'm switching my over all to a 3 'cause some people could love this alone.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by labellevie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and should have known to stray away from a thick stick concealer like this...I expected it to be at least a little more blendable and creamy, but it wasn't. It was impossible to blend no matter how I applied it. The color selection wasn't great either. I literally ended up chucking this in the trash because I was soo frustrated with it. Save your money, buy something more blendable and a little more hygienic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this concealer once on sale in Light Beige. I didn't have huge expectations for it, because normally concealers in a stick form like this don't work for me. I usually need something creamier that blends better.
This doesn't work well for me as a concealer alone. I almost pitched it, but kept it around because I always think I'll have use for things later on. And I did :)
I use this stuff as my "concealer base" and it works awesome. Sounds over the top, but basically I apply this before concealer. This is way to light for me, and it doesn't blend well, but when I apply my darker, creamier concealer over it, it covers much better and stays on a lot longer. Like an eye shadow primer, but for the blemishes. Works well for those horrible pimples that are hard to cover.
Also, I have used this as a eye shadow base for those times when I run out of actually shadow primer. Works pretty well, and really makes colors pop.
I would purchase this again just because I've found so many little uses for it. It's pretty inexpensive, I think I got mine for around $3.