October 25, 2014 | 1832 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by sunset8

I have the green one and I use it for my redness in my cheeks I got from acne. It does the job of taking the redness away, but it doesn't really do anything for my blemishes. I put this concealer after I put primer, before I put on my foundation. Then I use a separate concealer for the blemishes. Although this does not do its job of concealing, it does a pretty good job of taking the redness away. Just remember to use this product sparingly, a little goes a long way! The price is not bad either, and I haven't found a better color corrector thus far, so I'll keep buying this product for now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have horrible under eye circles. This is just another drug store concealer added to the junk pile that doesn't work. After trying orange and pink corrector, I thought I'd give the yellow corrector a try. It does not correct anything and looks horrible along or with concealer on top. Just don't buy this unless you have nothing to cover.

5/8/12 update: I just retried this over another concealer. The yellow is great at highlighting my darker areas. I'd barely use any on top of my other concealer. I just wouldn't use this alone. So I'm switching my over all to a 3 'cause some people could love this alone.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by labellevie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and should have known to stray away from a thick stick concealer like this...I expected it to be at least a little more blendable and creamy, but it wasn't. It was impossible to blend no matter how I applied it. The color selection wasn't great either. I literally ended up chucking this in the trash because I was soo frustrated with it. Save your money, buy something more blendable and a little more hygienic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this concealer once on sale in Light Beige. I didn't have huge expectations for it, because normally concealers in a stick form like this don't work for me. I usually need something creamier that blends better.
This doesn't work well for me as a concealer alone. I almost pitched it, but kept it around because I always think I'll have use for things later on. And I did :)
I use this stuff as my "concealer base" and it works awesome. Sounds over the top, but basically I apply this before concealer. This is way to light for me, and it doesn't blend well, but when I apply my darker, creamier concealer over it, it covers much better and stays on a lot longer. Like an eye shadow primer, but for the blemishes. Works well for those horrible pimples that are hard to cover.
Also, I have used this as a eye shadow base for those times when I run out of actually shadow primer. Works pretty well, and really makes colors pop.
I would purchase this again just because I've found so many little uses for it. It's pretty inexpensive, I think I got mine for around $3.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by PepsiGirl4Life

This concealer is ok, not great. It has decent coverage, but I have to reapply it several times a day, which is annoying. I bought the shade Light Beige, which was a bit too light for my skin. Also, it has a tendency to get cakey and settle into fine lines. I probably won't repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I have had this for a while and stopped using it because I bought more expensive concealers. This am I used it because I noticed at the end of the day you could see the dark circles under my eyes. I started using it again and I'm in love. The trick is to used a tiny tiny bit. I just dabbed on under my eyes with the stick and patted it with my finger. After putting on my foundation, my eyes looked sooooo good. I have been battling under eye circles since I had my daughter 20 months ago. I have bought so many things and spent so much money it's crazy. I had the perfect concealer all along! This is a must have for me from now on!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I can't say I'm a fan of this concealer. I have this in 'Medium Beige' which isn't the perfect match for my natural skin tone as there were only three shades to choose from at the store I was at. I needed a cheap concealer as I accidently left mine at home when I was overseas so this seemed like a 'quick fix'. It didn't cover my dark circles at all, infact it only made them look worse. After an hour or so after I applied the concealer, I had these gray bags under my eyes. I'm not sure why, but it looked bad so I won't be using this again. The only thing that I do use this for now is for an eyeshadow base when my primer ran out as its quite thick so it does an okay job for that. Because it is a pretty thick concealer, blending was a pretty tough job especially around the eye area where the skin is so delicate so I wouldn't recommend using it there. Does an okay job in covering redness, but do be careful that you blend very well. I think from now on I'll stick to liquid concealers as I have better luck with them.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by lilmz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

probably one of the worse concealers for unereye circles i have ever used. i got the yellow undereye concelaer & it's so chalky/cakey & doesn't blend @ all. i don't have dry skin [combination normal] , light/light medium [around a nc 25] & it gave me dry looking racoon eyes.

maybe if you prep with a tonne of primer/moisteriser & immediately mix this in, otherwise i'd stay away if you have undereye circles - get somehting creamier, and it doesn't have to be so yellow as this, peachy undertones is alos flattering for concealing the darkness of your circles.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by xoYaNniiox

I did not like it. Well, i suppose it would work well but it didn't for me. I had the cover stick corrector in Yellow for my BAD dark circles. I don't have particularly dry skin but i do have a few fine lines under my eyes. it seemed okay at first then i checked my face again by the end of the school day under natural lighting, BOY MY SKIN LOOKED TERRIBLE. it looked like it was flaking but it actually wasn't -.- will not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is definitely cheap but I wasn't necessarily satisfied with it. It was OK in my under eye circles but it seemed like it made my skin flaky while trying to apply it. It looked to cakey and fake for my skin. I'm most likely not purchasing this again but it's decent for it's price I guess.