July 25, 2014 | 1470 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by lilmz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

probably one of the worse concealers for unereye circles i have ever used. i got the yellow undereye concelaer & it's so chalky/cakey & doesn't blend @ all. i don't have dry skin [combination normal] , light/light medium [around a nc 25] & it gave me dry looking racoon eyes.

maybe if you prep with a tonne of primer/moisteriser & immediately mix this in, otherwise i'd stay away if you have undereye circles - get somehting creamier, and it doesn't have to be so yellow as this, peachy undertones is alos flattering for concealing the darkness of your circles.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by xoYaNniiox

I did not like it. Well, i suppose it would work well but it didn't for me. I had the cover stick corrector in Yellow for my BAD dark circles. I don't have particularly dry skin but i do have a few fine lines under my eyes. it seemed okay at first then i checked my face again by the end of the school day under natural lighting, BOY MY SKIN LOOKED TERRIBLE. it looked like it was flaking but it actually wasn't -.- will not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is definitely cheap but I wasn't necessarily satisfied with it. It was OK in my under eye circles but it seemed like it made my skin flaky while trying to apply it. It looked to cakey and fake for my skin. I'm most likely not purchasing this again but it's decent for it's price I guess.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I'm reviewing the product that appears when you click on the review, in the lipstick shaped container. The one in the first pic in a tube, is a products I've never seen nor tried. I'm also reviewing this product as a facial concealer for areas of redness etc, not for the under eye area (have never tried it there). This works very well as a "spot" concealer. I swipe off a tiny amount then use that with a fine tipped brush to apply exactly where I need it. Once set with a powder its not going anywhere for a good long while. When applied with a fine brush the results are very, very natural. Those two reasons are why I have been using this for close to a year now.

I have a lot of concealers, including Dermablend which I used to hide various spots/discolorations, since college. The formula changed a few years ago and its now very creamy, sounds good but "very creamy" concealers do not stay where you put them, even with setting powders, in my opinion. Even when just concealing something minor, to take the time to apply cover-up, then look in the mirror and see those "flaws" again short time later, is very frustrating.

I hesitated to buy this because its so basic, a ds concealer in a lipstick shape, hello 1980?! But then I wanted something else that was water proof to replace Dermablend. The board here actually told me to try this. I had used it in H.S, thought very poorly of any ds lipstick shaped concealers simply because there are so many new formulations now, new brands. How good could this work when there have been so many advancements in makeup?

For me the answer is very well. I initially used the yellow, which is a pale, creamy, more a skin tone color than a primary yellow (as some yellows are), shade. I had a lot of red then, this covered that very well and looked natural. Now I use the medium, I also have the fair. The medium is a great ds find because many concealers are so light, even though I'm very fair, spot applying is obvious if you have used bronzer or self tanner at all.

I need to use so little that the stick has lasted me all this time and so much left. Again I have no idea how this looks under the eyes. I must add that my skin is so sensitive I am just recovering from a horrible allergic reaction to new sunglasses (yes, you heard me!). So much irritates my skin and sends me back to zero when I think my skin is finally "healed" from the last horror and finally looking clear, smooth again. This however, never causes me a bit of irritation. I'm currently using Graftobian foundation which leaves me with little to cover since it does that so well, but I still reach for this daily to cover one thing or another. A good work horse, alternative to higher priced, water resistant concealer, that looks natural when used sparingly to cover up redness/blemishes/discolorations.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a couple tattoos that not everyone likes, especially when I model, so I needed something to cover them.

I tried everything in Sephora, Macy's, MAC, and finally decided to try something cheaper.

It was the only thing that covered in just a few strokes of the product. The only problem was removing it. It does take a long time to remove from my skin, but at least it works!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by jonie_k

Cheap & great for touch-ups - I keep one at my desk.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by jeckaa

Good for hiding blemishes.
Little tricky until you get use to applying.
Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by obviously

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is okey. It covers pretty good. I could probably find a concealer that covers even more but the reasons i keep coming back to this are that it's cheap and it lasts for a long time!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by lye013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really didn't like this product. It didn't cover up my dark circles at all, and when applied to my blemishes made them even more noticeable! It can be cakey, but with the smallest amount, its okay in covering up redness around the nose. Would not buy the coverstick again, as I like their liquid concealer's better.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by simpleblueme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It does cover the redness of my scars, but it DOES make my scars more obvious up close.
As in, from afar, my skin may look a little natural but up close my scars look like its super dry and makes it seem like I have a lot of product on my skin.