August 1, 2014 | 1171 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by AshleyLovePeace

This is my fav mask from LUSH! it smells so yummy and has a really thick consistancy like mud. I have oily skin and this helps with my oily skin. My skin feels so amazing after. I have no problems with this mask what so ever. I love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by aquaopaldust

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These masks can be bought instore only because they are so fresh that they need to be refridgerated. I LOVE this mask! It smells and amazing, i'll admit I tasted it. Doesn't taste as good as it smells lol. Keeps my acne prone skin clear. Love it! Highly recomend! Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The girl recommended this since I'm a teen & she said it was specially made to keep away teenage acne.
Anyway. The first time I tried it, when I washed it off, the big pimple on my chin washed away with the brown face-mask gunk! I was like "wow, is that possible?" And overall the spots were like, smoothed down. Like I'd taken an iron and ironed out the bumpiness.
ANDDD later in the day my mom went "you look very fresh. your skin looks bright"
And I was like YAY! Last time she'd said that was after I'd borrowed some traditional bridal face mask thingy that my cousin was using before her wedding.
UPDATE to say: this got rid of my recent mild acne breakout. when i washed it off, the suckers went away with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by salt4yourwounds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tend to breakout often, so I thought this mask would help with that. I had used BB Seaweed and Mask of Magnaminty before using this one (and had liked those two). Cupcake was by far my least favorite. The smell was really cloying and nasty. Usually I am not sensitive to the smells of products (I use Herbalism daily and THAT smells) but this I could not stand. It also was super duper drying and made me breakout more, it seems. No good.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by VivaLaEleanor

I like this alot! It takes away much of my redness, and makes my skin look glow-y. Really nice stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by EmilyNguyen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So i usually switch up my masks since they're somewhat affordable for something at LUSH. Once my teller recommended this for my skin i said sure why not, smells good. Once i tried it that night.. It was thick but nice. I did notice that after my skin felt very moisturized. Which is a good thing for the winter time. Summer? Eh i'll have to re think that. Also, it dried a little bit faster then the other masks that they offer. I don't know whether it's my fault or not but that's what happened in my case.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2009 6:08:00 AM More reviews by alizarine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Yes, it smells nice. No, it does not make me want to eat it (it's just not THAT nice). Does it do wonders for the skintypes said?

Nah, personally, I don't think so. 'Cause despite what some people say, I find that it isn't suitable for acne-prone skin at all. Since this skintype is usually very sensitive, Cupcake is way too strong. It's more likely to cause irritation than help soothing over-productive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by aplend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ive tried two lush face masks, this one and cosmetic warrior. both were recommended for acne prone skin. i tried this one second, i had realllly high hopes for it because of great reviews but it just did not wow me. i was so excited to have a chocolate smelling mask but i hated the smell, and did not like when you wash it off and it feels like you're rubbing brownie chunks (seriously) into your face, rather than a nice exfoliator. i dont think it did anything for acne either.
recommend cosmetic warrior to those of you with acne prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2009 3:19:00 AM More reviews by nicci404

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this but it didn't work for me. I tried the Brazened Honey mask and had better results. Cupcake was too dry for me and I woke up with two nasty zits the next day :-( It smells good but that is about it. My boyfriend used the rest of it on his back for a scrub in the shower, so it wasn't a total waste!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by ozzyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Now, I haven't used this mask for very long...I bought it yesterday and have used it only once but I still feel that I have to leave a review. Along with acne, I also (from time to time) get these tiny pimples with white heads around my nose. I started using Fresh Farmacy and it helped with those somewhat. However, one use of this mask has helped me get rid of these tiny white heads. I used cupcake last night and woke up this morning with smooth, soft skin without any breakouts and small white headed pimples. I will continue to use cupcake and update.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: I finished the entire container of cupcake and I must say that I really liked it. It really helped make my pimples smaller but also helped to calm my skin down. I will repurchase.