LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

on 3/11/2010 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a small pot, but you get about 3-4 uses, more if you apply less.
Overall I found it ok, but not the best. Here is my pro/con list

Pro:
- smells great - chocolate with orange and mint, very nice,you want to eat it not use it as a face mask
- my skin felt pretty nice afterwards in terms of softness
- has fresh ingredients and less preservatives (hence you have to refrigerate it and it expries in about 3 weeks since it is made)
- I love the little black pots it comes in and that you can collect them and return them for a full mask

Con
- you have to refrigerate it, so you kind of have to plan your LUSH shopping trip, because once you buy it it has to go in the fridge within 4 hours or so...so you couldn't buy it in the morning and have a whole day of school/work with no fridge around
- didn't do much for my skin, except made it a little softer, which any mask will do, I did not see any improvement in pores or skin tone
- applying and taking it off can be a demanding task - it is very thick and can be very hard and time consuming to get off once it dries a little, also messy too
- did nothing for the few pimples I had. I have very mild acne, a pimple here and there, nothing major, but after using the mask for 3 weeks, I did not notice a change at all.

Overall I did not hate this mask, but I don't think i would buy it again. I would try other LUSH masks though, because I love masks and LUSH.

on 2/23/2010 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm in two minds about this mask. It smells absolutely amazing like chocolate cake batter with a hint of mint but in terms of the mask making a difference to my skin I'm not really sure.
I have oily skin and this tends to give me a nice matte face after i remove the mask, but the next day i will be a little bit flaky especially around pimples. I also feel like the mask is a bit too rich for my face to use it up enough times before it expires. I have been using it every couple of nights in order to use it up and i think it may have made my skin a little more congested, though whether thats due to the clay bringing out my pimples i'm not sure...

on 2/19/2010 6:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I was a bit disappointed that the pot was so SMALL (I am used to the bigger LUSH tubs) but that disappointment vanished when I opened it, it smells like chocolate mint ice cream! I apply it to a damp face (after giving it a mild scrub, with Angels on Bare Skin) and leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes. Afterwards, my skin feels extremely soft and hydrated, and less oily.
I love this product, and will definitely buy it again!

on 2/16/2010 2:09:00 AM

This was the first Lush face mask I ever used, and I really like this product. It smells like chocolate with a hint of mint, so I found it pleasant to use, unlike some of Lush's products (I hate strong herbal scents). You have to keep Cupcake refrigerated, so it feels nice and cool when you apply it to your face. I left it on for usually about 10 minutes, at which point it was completely dry, and then rinsed it. This is a thick product, so I was worried rinsing it off might be a bit of an ordeal, but it came off very easily and didn't leave a brown mess in the tub, luckily. Immediately after using Cupcake, I noticed my skin looked less oily and was very soft, and the following day I noticed still less oil, and less blemishes. I only use face masks about twice a week, and I found that you get a LOT of product to use up within the 2 weeks you have before the mask expires. The SA told me you get about 3-5 uses out of each pot, but I literally could have gotten 15 uses. I used this an extra 2 weeks after the expiration date with no problems, but after that it because very hard and dry and rough, so I had to throw it away. But aside from that, this is a fantastic product, and I'd recommend it to anyone with oily/breakout prone/combination skin.

on 2/13/2010 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is awesome for oily skin no matter what age. I have the oiliest skin in the world. I combine this with dark angels and J & J baby lotion on my face and its a masterpiece. My face is soft and oil free : ) I dont even wear powder anymore

on 2/7/2010 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

So I don't know if I have perfect timing or the Lush ladies love me, but this is the 3rd Fresh Face mask I have had given to me for free, and it still had 2 and a half weeks of life left! It is also fantastic, and the only one I have been excited about to the extent that I had to review it (the others I received were Love Lettuce and Crash Course in skincare- these were nice, but did nothing wonderful or terrible enough to want to review). The mask itself smells of chocolate, mint, and maybe grass and comes in the Lush style black pot. It has a very thick and creamy consistency, with a bit of texture from the rhassoul mud in it. It smooths on nicely onto a damp face. Takes about 15 minutes to dry, and removes quite easily for me. I have used this three times now, and it does not break me out at all, as I was sure it would because cocoa butter is quite a heavy moisturizer. What it does do is soothe my irritated, winter beaten face. I shoveled snow for 4 hours yesterday, and had such a raw feeling face. I couldn't wait to get this on it, and when I was done with my little facial, my skin was balanced and happy again. I will be actually purchasing this one in the future.

on 1/31/2010 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Lush is a bit hit or miss for me, but this is the one product I keep coming back for. I've been using it for years and it seems they've dropped the price recently? I have acne-prone combination skin and this is perfect for decongesting and brightening up my skin. I even use it as a spot treatment on existing zits and find that the clay in it dries up acne quickly. I agree with other posters who have said it's a lot of product to use up within the expiration date - I've been freezing it and thawing out what I need. I'm still looking into whether this is safe or if the addition of something like Optiphen would make it safer? For less than $6.00, this is a great product at any rate.

on 1/25/2010 12:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This mask is delightful! I love the smell... like chocolate cake batter! It is perfect for an all-over mask for oily or combination skin and also as a spot treatment for blemishes. My only complaint is that because you have to chill these masks to keep them fresh, the cold mask would close pores when applying on skin... not great when using as a decongestant. I try to warm it the best I can betwenn my fingers before applying. It will leave your pores clean and tight. Excellent for controlling oil throughout the day. Buy it. You'll love it. :)

on 1/19/2010 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

at first when i used it, it didnt really feel like it was doing much~ and the sales told me to use it once or twice a week~ where you get 4, 5 uses out of the pot, but i found i can get like, 15-20 uses... so i really dont get how people can finish the pot so quickly, cause it lasts foreeevvverrrr O_O (provided it doesnt expire of course...)
i use it 2 days in a row, and i stop for one day~ and after about the first week, it started working. i dont have severe acne, but i do get a few zits at times (especially now, since its summer)
after the first week (i dunno why nothing really happened the first week haha) like, if there's an emerging pimple or something (small) it'll be gone the next day~ and my skin was really soft and a lot less oily.
definitely definitely love <3 <3

on 1/19/2010 3:02:00 PM

Excellent face mask. All natural ingredients with a light scent (sandalwood and chocolate). This product actually works. Seriously, this actually works. I have somewhat oily acne prone skin and I bought this product to help my skin recover from a serious bout of cystic acne due to a reaction from a mineral makeup foundation. After the first application, I immediately noticed a difference. My skin was brighter and the irritated cystic breakouts on my face were soothed. My skin was also very soft. This mask contains rhassoul mud as a main ingredient, which I believe it a good natural treatment for acne. To help calm my skin, I used this mask everyday for a few days. My breakouts have been diminished and my skin is soft and smooth. I would defintely recommend this product for those with oily, acne prone skin. You'll notice a difference defintely.
A note: this product must be kept in the refrigerator and has an expiration date of two-three weeks after purchase. It has all natural ingredients so use it up by the time it expires (don't learn the hard way like I did).

Popular Masks