July 29, 2014 | 1973 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by kei_fujo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i was using colorstay but i think it was clogging me. i switched to clinique stay true liquid and stay matte for my powder. i love the finish this gives. the color is awesome. doesn't get chalky like some powders can. it is kinda expensive, especially when paired with a liquid. the package could be better if the pan flipped up and you could store the applicator sponge underneath like the perfectly real compact. but those are my only complaints. this just may be my new HG!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Poprocks503

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Omg, How I Love not having oil, orange skin & cakeyness.

:) Must try ladies, this product is truely amazing.

( I use it with Cover_girl concealer stick, then Clinique perfectly real liquid foundation, then this stay-matte sheer pressed powder for a true-blue honest to god ( or other supreme being so I dont insult somebody :P ) best natural look you could ever acheive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2008 1:05:00 AM More reviews by NinjaKiwi

I LOVE this product, I use it with the Clinique perfectly real makeup, and being extremely fair { almost like Milk! haha} I always had a hard time finding a good powder & foundation being able to apply a good amount and NOT look orange, yellow or green, covergirl, maybelline, rimmel london nothing was working( not that those are bad brands, just the powders & liquids did not work for me, I still love my CVS makeup :P).. My boyfriend and I were at the mall, he bought me some Clinique Perfectly real makeup & Stay-matte sheer pressed powder and they work AMAZINGLY, No redness, no cakeyness, smooth, no oil for about 4-5 hours, and exceptionally soft radiant skin without looking orange, so I can FINALLY stop asking people if I look orange :) HIGHLY recommended! MAJOR must try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ejmj

This is the best pressed powder for my combination skin. I use it as part of a 3 step system: 1) clinique pore instant perfecter 2) cover girl smoothers tinted moisturizer (may also try it w/ different TM, laura mercier is in the mail :) 3) stay matte powder. I am planning on buying another one so I can have one at home and in my purse. The best, just wish it had spf, but I have that in my moisturizer so no biggie.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got "101 invisible matte" but even Clinique's most translucent shade isn't cool-undertone-compatible :-p
The compact is really pretty at least.
My face got oily again after 2 hours and then sadly touch-ups cause my face to look cakey and gross.

I like it better than the regular powder, but it's still not going to be a staple in my purse; I will probably never buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by laughing

I have this in Stay Neutral. I use it in my t-zone over my MAC Studio Fix foundation to help keep shine away because my t-zone gets very oily throughout the day. The color matches my skin really well, and blends with my foundation well too. It doesn't work for me alone as a foundation because it is very powdery, its not a more creamy powder like MAC Studio Fix or the Clinique Perfectly Real Compact Makeup and because it wears off easily when I wear it alone. But in my t-zone over my foundation it is perfect!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by suey421

I really didnt like this compact. The powder was way too condensed for me and left my face looking far too made up. It didnt do anything to prevent an oily appearance either from what I noticed. Half way through the day I was blotting the oil from my skin so the shine absorbing aspect of this powder was lost on me. I perfer to use a loose powder for more sheer coverage as opposed to the thick, caked on coverage I got from this powder.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

This is my favorite pressed powder so far. The most important factor for me was that its oil-free. I have the color 'Stay neutral' which is actually a really fair beige. I'm afraid I got more tan and its too light for me now. I also got a terrible color match by the Clinique lady at the counter. Oh well, it still has great coverage, not too heavy, not too light. It's my saviour when I need to get rid of my oily t-zone. I always make sure I blot first with johnson's blue blot paper then I put this on and I feel great. The "poof puff" thing that comes with it is really cool too, it feels like a little sponge. make sure to wash it often! Also, the compact itself is really pretty and green.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 1:04:00 AM More reviews by ChillaFreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love, love, LOVE this! I have this in Stay Neutral and I think that it's perfect! I've tried using this with a powder brush and with the thing that comes in it. I kinda like the 'thing'. I wash it often and have not had a problem with breakouts. I just have to make sure that I moisturize well so it doesn't look flaky, but other than that....it's GREAT! Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 10:31:00 AM More reviews by barbiH

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines.

13 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No