October 25, 2014 | 1120 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by nurseliv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This foundation is absolutely great! I've been looking for an inexpensive drugstore foundation to wear on a daily basis, but the ones I tried all made my skin very oily and did not last at all. So I gave this one a try since I've been breaking out because I am not on birth control anymore. I absolutely love it! The texture is great, it covers all my blemishes, lasts all day AND it doesn't make my skin oily. My acne has also been better. One tip though is that because of the salicylic acid, it does make your skin drier and it gets rid of your tan. So try using a stronger moisturizer before applying it to your face and use a powder that is a bit darker than the foundation. Overall, VERY satisfied with the product!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Saturngrl76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation does a great job covering all the imperfections and blemishes. The packaging is horrible as my hands and sink usually get messy when I am applying it. I am torn and can't figure out yet if it's making me break out more or not. However, it looks good once I put it on and it lasts. The pictures I've taken when I wore this foundation look great. But girls if you want to hold on to your tan (for those of us who don't do tanning beds) a little longer - u can kiss it goodbye once you start using this foundation. It will strip off all the color of your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Elasinthe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I remembered wearing this in high school but my skin wasn't as nasty then as it now. I started buying other things and just recently went back to it, i see now why i used to make my mom buy me this over and over again, it covers well and doesn't make me look orange which is always an issue i have with drugstore foundations, over all i like it more than any other drugstore foundation i have tried so far...and i have tried ALOT! i just wish it was a little cheaper and had better packaging

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by reinventlovex

I've been using this product for about 6 months and I really like it. I have very acne prone skin and I use presciption products and this foundation doesn't make me break out. It comes off at night and I can put concealer and powder over it and my complexion looks great! I definitely recommend this to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by BellaItalian5678

I bought this on a Friday and returned it that following Sunday. I wore it Friday and Saturday and it did nothing but make me break out. It's supposed to help clear up blemishes but actually made me break out on my left cheek and forhead. I was beyond mad, I had spent months trying to clear my skin and right when it was clear and I just had blemishes to work out gave me pimples. The coverage was medium I would say and build able. Did not control oil for me that well but I have extremely oily skin. Not a fan. Also, this is overpriced....$13 for drugstore foundation!?!? They're crazy. It had no pump either...not good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by cinaroma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation for YEARS! It's the only foundation I've ever found that doesn't make me breakout. I can't really say that it helps clear my acne, but it certainly doesn't make it worse. It goes on smooth (I apply with a makeup sponge) and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by shell516

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this! I have combination skin which has been prone to breakouts especially as of late. I tried this because my other foundations were making me look like an oil slick. This goes on very even, covers beautifully and lasts! I've been using it less than a week but I do believe the SA in it is working because my face has cleared up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Wow, suprising drugstore gem! I had a bad breakout from pricey longwear liquid foundations and was desperate for coverage that didn't irritate my skin. This was reasonable at Shoppers and the reviews were good. I have extremely pale yellow skin and Ivory is paler and more neutral than most. I may try Buff later, which seems a it lighter than the Colorstay Buff. Although it isn't advertized as a long-wearing foundation, it lasted from 6am to 10 pm with powder on top. Pretty impressive! I do get oil breakthrough, but no worse than usual. Coverage is buildable- sheer if you use a small amount, heavy if you apply more. It looks natural. The best part? Even though the salicylic content is low, my blemishes cleared quickly. I had the beginning of a cyst, which died right down. The minus lippy is for the annoying glass-bottle packaging with no pump. All-in-all I'm extremey impressed with this! Natural, long-wearing, great for sensitive skin, inexpensive- I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by JennaMB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great price, great colours.

This makes a great every day foundation for it's price, it's suited to those who get the odd pimple, and can sometimes break out from heavy, oily foundations. I'm not 100% sure if it actually clears the skin, but it does not make pimples/skin worse in any way.
It has the texture and staying power of a high end liquid foundation, so it's great for long days, just set it with a tiny amount of powder on a big brush.

It has medium to heavy coverage, and is not too pink toned unlike so many other chemist brand foundations.
Overall, this is a fantastic every day foundation, leave the good stuff for nights out and special events, substitute it with this!

One problem, find it a tad annoying the bottle doesn't have a pump!!
buuut, don't let that deter you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

I really like this foundation. I have oily and acne prone skin. When I use this it evens out my skin tone well and blends well. It's light to medium coverage. I still need concealer to cover up my dark acne scars. But when I use this my skin doesn't feel as oily as the day progresses. It's a matte finish but becomes more natural throughout the day. I like it! But I wish it came with a pump