November 23, 2014 | 1018 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by changelyng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fantastic product.

I have been using Strobe Cream over the top of my moisturiser and underneath my daily foundation (MAC Select SPF15) for a week and I am truly happy with the results. My dry skin usually ends up dull and flaky using foundation in general and this product alleviates this issue entirely. The sheen is subtle but effective. Also, no MACne for me so far!

I think this will become one of my HG products. It certainly is this week!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 8:27:00 PM More reviews by sthom87

Having pale skin with cool undertones means that whenever I get too tired or sick, I look like I've crawled out of a grave. But when I use this, I suddenly look human again! It's also good mixed with foundation, gives you that dewy look.

But I wouldn't use this as an everyday moisturiser, it's not very hydrating. Doesn't leave my skin dry, but don't hydrate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by PinkBumbleBee918

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this cream. It works really well for me considering I have extra dry skin. The only downside is that the bottle is not that big and it is quite expensive, but since it works so well I will continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by tulipsplash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First off, MAC STROBE CREAM HYDRATANT is meant to be a MOISTURIZER, rather than a highlighter. It is not a shimmer product at all, in spite of the mica particles included in it. The mica just serves to deflect attention from flaws by reflecting light. Very, very subtle. You can hardly see it.

(Me: 39 y.o., combination skin; light/medium skin with more pink than yellow undertones. I wear color: EL Double Wear Light in INTENSITY 2.)

I found this on a search for a moisturizer to go underneath my slightly too matte foundation.

PROS:
*suitable for slightly oily, acne-prone skin;
*mica particles included in the moisturizer as well as the added moisture deflect attention away from flaws, thus making my matte EL foundation perfectly usable for me;
*keeps my matte foundation from looking too flat; adds dimension
*mild, pleasant scent;
*hygienic tube packaging

CONS:
*none

CONCLUSION:
The EL Double Wear Light foundation and MAC Strobe Cream moisturizer combo together are HG for me! However, you may be able to get a similar effect in a single step mineral powder or mineral liquid foundation.

PS You can mix this MAC strobe cream with your liquid foundation and create a custom-made TM.

In the winter, I like wearing this under my powder.
In the summer, it's great under my liquid foundation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Jent77

I tried a sample of this and you really can see the highlighting under makeup. I put it on my cheek bones and my nose. But a few hours later, I got a pimple on my nose. My nose never gets pimples unless I aggravate a blackhead or something. It was also very dry and tightening, my nose had cracks in it with this stuff on.

I suggest to only use it on the cheeks where the skin can't wrinkle up as much.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by lambin3d

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i'm really torn on this product.
i love the idea of it, and i love the sheen/glow it gives my skin, but it really doesn't hydrate me at all. It actually seems to dry out my skin more than anything, so i'm left with a beautiful sheen, but slightly patchy. Sadly this somehow has gotten lost so i never got a chance to try mixing it with foundation, which would really be beautiful, or for making cream blushes. but i would repurchase just to try it out for those things, it IS pricey though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by kdbodie

I absolutely love the look that the Strobe cream gives you.Its a soft but very nice and subtle healthy glow. Unfortunately I had to return mine after only using it a handful of times. It made my face break out horribly. I have never had acne (only slight hormonal breakouts) or any problems with any makeup products...ever! This was a first for me. I hope I find something that is comparable to this product, minus the ingredient that hates my skin:) I would reccommend it, but be careful to test in small areas first. If anyone has any alternatives, I would love to hear some.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2010 4:45:00 AM More reviews by stcxtc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I use Strobe, I have to check my makeup in natural light, usually in my car mirror, to make sure it's not over the top day-glow. Sometimes it looks like the shimmer settles into my pores or emphasized them more... It's one of those impulse purchases that I regret.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 4:17:00 AM More reviews by kimmay99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE STROBE CREAM.

It is moisturizing and gives such a natural, dewy, healthy look. Use it under your foundation or over your foundation and under powder. You will definitely notice an awesome difference. I use this on all brides. Not shiny like you would think!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyedBeauty1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never really used this product as a highlighter but more as a moisturiser. And to be honest I don't really think it makes a difference to my skin after applying foundation over it, it has a nice smell though! I had read so many good reviews on this but this hasn't really done anything for me. I think for those with dry skin like myself you would be better off using this is in the summer as its not hydrating enough to use in the winter. To be honest I don't think the skin care products are all that from Mac anyway.