MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 2/10/2011 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So I have been trying to get over acne scars and wanted something to brighten up my face and pull away from the old marks.
My MAC-loving friend highly recommended this to me and she ALWAYS has gorgeous dewy skin, so I rushed and got it.
Used it as a highlighter and didn't really do anything for me.
I put it under my BE foundation and on top.....there was a subtle luster and then it just melted away.

I'm really glad I didn't use it on my entire face because I am SUPER acne prone and read all the reviews on breakouts people had.
I also read the ingredients and one of them is CHOLESTEROL...if that stuff clogs your arteries, imagine what it does to your pores. This baby is going back!

on 2/3/2011 11:21:00 AM

This is my great love. It gives me a lovely dewy skin, I use it under my foundation or just on its own with a touch of illuminating powder or bronzer and a blush and my skin looks amazing. I'm in love.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this product! I have been using this for years. I used this back when I was oily and extremely acne prone and now I'm combo and my skin stays pretty clear and it works for me. One of the only cream products that doesn't break me out! This is not only moisturizing, it sinks in, hydrates and doesn't sit on top of skin. It has minerals, antioxidants, green tea, & botanical ingredients to help the skin naturally. It improves your skin when you wear it. Besides being a fantastic moisturizer it is the ultimate glow cream. If you want a jennifer lopez type glow this it the product for you. It has iridescent illuminate-rs in it that make your skin look healthy, perked up, & radiant. If you like the look of liquid makeup highlighters, you will like this moisturizer. You can wear it under foundation or on top. Use it on your collar bone, your arms, legs, mix it with foundation. Dab it on your cheekbones only, etc. The uses for this product are endless. It does not feel greasy, and makeup wears well on top of it. This product is uni-sex and for all ages who want a beautiful glow. I have not tried the strobe liquid to compare but I love the cream. This is a must if you have dull skin & need a pick me up. Its nurturing to your skin & gives the most amazing glow. A must have! *This is NOT an obvious glittery disco ball cream, its subtle and uses micro fine luminous particles. I still use the strobe cream in the older packaging (solid white tube) so I am not sure if they have reformulated this in their newer white tube with black lid. Will update this once I contact mac and ask. Def worth getting a sample of at a MAC counter if you are not sure you want to spend the $30 on it. A little of this goes a long way. Loveeeee it!

on 1/28/2011 6:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff!!! I love using it under my foundation and I bought it mainly for the glow effect but what I was pleasanltly surprised to find out was how much I like this as a moisturiser!! My skin feels so soft when I use this!! It's a great moisturiser imo! I will repurchase despite the price. I wish it were cheaper.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I dont exactly know where to put this product haha so after moisturising, i dab a little on my cheekbones, around to beneath my browbone and above my eyebrows then down my nose and chin. I dont notice a huge difference, though the light does refleft it more and makes me look more glowy. is this a primer/highlighter/moisturiser? i have no idea, it is glittery and very subtle, i dont know what this does but my foundation looks a lot more flawless when putting this underneath. The bottle is hard to squeeze and a little annoying, and I use it more on special occasions rather than on a daily basis.

on 12/17/2010 10:26:00 AM

This is brilliant stuff, it gives a great glow without looking sparkly. Ideal for those over 35 who want a youthful glow but don't want to look glittery. It looks very natural.

on 12/15/2010 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this! I usually use Clinique Dramatically Different moisturising gel, but when i need a little more moisture I use this. I do use it all over my face and then foundation over the top. It doesn't look really shimmery it just gives my skin a nice glow about it, which I love.

UPDATE: Broke out from this because of fragrance....damn my sensitive skin! So now no fragrances :(

on 12/2/2010 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What is the strobe cream really supposed to be???

Some SAs tell me that this is a moisturizer. Others say "no this is not a moisturizer, it is a primer". While some others tell me that this is to be used as a highlighter :-P

I used to mix this with my foundation when I wanted a glowy look. Now that I have all these other highlighters, I find myself reaching for it less. I have dry skin so I would not use this alone as a moisturizer as this doesn't really moisturize.

on 11/27/2010 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Strobe Cream. A tube of this will last forever since you only need a bit - and too much can ruin the effect! I put some on my cupid's bow, down my nose, and high on my cheekbones for a subtle, shimmery highlight. It gives that inner glow look, and smells fantastic. It also never rubs/melts off, at least on me. It's the perfect accent to any look. I apply it with a travel-sized foundation brush, and blend with my fingers if necessary.

on 11/20/2010 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love Strobe cream. I use only the teeniest amount and put a dot just above my lips above the cupid's bow, a blended line down the front of my nose, then I draw a line with my finger from my temple, then out and around the top of my cheekbone on either side. Takes years off you and makes you look fresh as a daisy.