MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 6/8/2010 10:11:00 PM

I like strobe cream hydratant lumineux more than the 3 out of 5 I gave it.
The price and packaging 'could do better' and although I may buy this again,
it won't be for a very long time, as there are many similar products I want to try.
I need moisturiser under this, it's not hydrating for dry skin.
It imparts a healthy glow; used under foundation or tinted moisturiser.
It's a bit too shiney to be worn alone and not great over foundation as a highlight, as blends away. I've read so many times; 'there are lots of uses for this product'
but no-one states any! I only see one.

on 6/2/2010 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My secret weapon..........ESPECIALLY if I havent gotten enough sleep or am hung over or something. I really love this.......I never use it as a moisturizer on its own.....I guess mainly because I want to use the product sparingly since I love it so much :) It gives an amazing glow but isnt greasy at all.....I love the smell even.

Lately I have been mixing this with a pump of matte foundation to sheer it out a bit. Beautiful effect!

on 5/16/2010 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't find this moisturizing, but it gives the best glowing (not oily) finish to the skin in conjunction with a sheer foundation (I use MUFE F&B). When I first tried this alone under foundation I felt that it wasn't enough to moisturize my dry cheeks where I spotted dry patches, but it moisturized fine everywhere else where my skin tends to be normal. Not the best moisturizer, which is why I took one off, but on look alone it creates an allusion of dewy moisturized skin. I think it looks so natural because the shimmers are so finely milled it looks like natural radiance. I also use this sans makeup as a very natural looking highlight on my face and collar bone.

on 4/21/2010 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have very dry skin so this isn't the best moisturizer for sure...BUT...when I add a little extra moisturizer under it, it works just fine. I use it under my normal foundation. My favorite part is the glowing effect it gives to my skin. You can't see any glitter or noticable shimmer. It's just a...glow. I'm not quite sure about the smell though. It's...different. Not offensive, but different. It goes away fairly quickly though. I've only been using it a little over a week, but I'm really loving it so far.

on 4/14/2010 8:37:00 AM

" It is not so good if you have acne-prone skin b/c it has ingredients that can make your acne flare up" so I was told by a friend but since I'd already tried a sample I just could not resist. My face just pop (radiance and fresh) whenever I use it with my make-up. I mix it with my liquid foundation and I look as if I have been getting plenty of sleep. I am acne-prone but it does not cause acne flare up. I do not see the difference on my acne problem whether I am using the product or not. I do not like to packaging so much, it is so darn difficult to squeeze. I am sure I will not be able to squeeze out those last drops that would linger at the bottom of the tube!

on 4/14/2010 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Fantastic product.

I have been using Strobe Cream over the top of my moisturiser and underneath my daily foundation (MAC Select SPF15) for a week and I am truly happy with the results. My dry skin usually ends up dull and flaky using foundation in general and this product alleviates this issue entirely. The sheen is subtle but effective. Also, no MACne for me so far!

I think this will become one of my HG products. It certainly is this week!

on 4/13/2010 8:27:00 PM

Having pale skin with cool undertones means that whenever I get too tired or sick, I look like I've crawled out of a grave. But when I use this, I suddenly look human again! It's also good mixed with foundation, gives you that dewy look.

But I wouldn't use this as an everyday moisturiser, it's not very hydrating. Doesn't leave my skin dry, but don't hydrate it.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this cream. It works really well for me considering I have extra dry skin. The only downside is that the bottle is not that big and it is quite expensive, but since it works so well I will continue to buy it.

on 3/2/2010 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, MAC STROBE CREAM HYDRATANT is meant to be a MOISTURIZER, rather than a highlighter. It is not a shimmer product at all, in spite of the mica particles included in it. The mica just serves to deflect attention from flaws by reflecting light. Very, very subtle. You can hardly see it.

(Me: 39 y.o., combination skin; light/medium skin with more pink than yellow undertones. I wear color: EL Double Wear Light in INTENSITY 2.)

I found this on a search for a moisturizer to go underneath my slightly too matte foundation.

PROS:
*suitable for slightly oily, acne-prone skin;
*mica particles included in the moisturizer as well as the added moisture deflect attention away from flaws, thus making my matte EL foundation perfectly usable for me;
*keeps my matte foundation from looking too flat; adds dimension
*mild, pleasant scent;
*hygienic tube packaging

CONS:
*none

CONCLUSION:
The EL Double Wear Light foundation and MAC Strobe Cream moisturizer combo together are HG for me! However, you may be able to get a similar effect in a single step mineral powder or mineral liquid foundation.

PS You can mix this MAC strobe cream with your liquid foundation and create a custom-made TM.

In the winter, I like wearing this under my powder.
In the summer, it's great under my liquid foundation.

on 3/1/2010 2:56:00 AM

I tried a sample of this and you really can see the highlighting under makeup. I put it on my cheek bones and my nose. But a few hours later, I got a pimple on my nose. My nose never gets pimples unless I aggravate a blackhead or something. It was also very dry and tightening, my nose had cracks in it with this stuff on.

I suggest to only use it on the cheeks where the skin can't wrinkle up as much.