Dior Poison

3.4

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The Grapes of Wrath...I agree, Poison has a very grapey, wine-like quality. I confess, I used to hate this fragrance back in the 80's. Every well-shod, hairsprayed, painted little chickee in my highschool fumed with the stuff. All through the 90's I associated this smell with gray mornings in florescently lit classrooms and feeling like a zombie...God spare us highshcool in the next life! Somewhere though, I made the break. In a department store recently, I dared pick up a menacing purple-black bottle. Gingerly I applied a tiny bit of its contents to my wrists. Strange...it is still a freakish fragrance, and I am unsettled by it. But it has a certain allure. It is haunting and dark. I like it. There is nothing else that smells quite like it. Now that it is not all the rage, but rather spurned, controversial and a bit odd, I feel at home in it. I think Poison was designed to inspire a certain love-hate response. I have a healthy respect for the stuff. I am not one to spray it directly on. I certainly won't show up for church wearing it. Yet I admit, I have been won over. It took 20 years, but it happened. I am a convert.

GROSS!! Disgusting STENCH!!! The worse smell ever!! BLAGH!!! My friend used to wear this religiously and for me it was torture! It gave me an instant MIGRAINE!! At least they named it appropriately- POISON!!!!!! Raid Ant & Roach killer smells better!!

If you can pull this scent off, it smells beautiful. Quite sweet and heady, this is something that seems best-suited for dark evenings out; however, I have worn this to work (sparingly--this should always be used with a light hand)and--while it was probably inappropriate--managed to get complimented several times over. In fact, I always get compliments on this. On paper or out of the bottle, this reminds me of spiced potpourri (not really a good thing). If your chemistry works with this, though, it will meld beautifully into your skin to create a captivating, long-lasting scent. If your chemistry doesn't work with it, watch out. Notes include honey, wildberries, spices and opoponax.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I never bought it and I never will: it does smells like poison and it reminds me of a stuff it is used for killing ants; I wonder if this would do the job...
I already used Tendre Poison but couldn't do it again because i now find it nauseous; I'm in love with Pure Poison though: let's see until when because I'm a very unfaithfull woman betraying perfums all the time:-))))

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Fortunately, I have the kind of chemistry that works well with Poison--it smells absolutely divine on me. That being said, I would still NEVER wear this fragrance during the day. Done right, it can be a very intoxicating, seductive fragrance, hence the name.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

On someone else maybe -- especially if they were standing VERY far away. This is strong, very sweet, but with a depth of spice that can take your breath away. A little goes a very long way. A love/hate fragrance.

I've been feeling some nostalgia for this scent lately - maybe it's just because i've been reflecting on my 80's high school years...

Anyway this scent is not for the weak of heart - it's a love hate smell.

I would LOVE to find this in original perfume strength in a glass bottle with stopper - if anyone knows where to find one i'd be grateful to know!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

smells like poison

poison, for me, is the perfect evening scent. i have loved it for years but i certainly can understand why some would find it overpowering. it is dark and mysterious so many people, especially the young ones like myself can find it too strong. also, it depends very much on the body chemistry. on me it smells dellicious, but on other women i've noticed it smells actually extremely dry and heavy.
however, it is very long lasting and has a distinct personality, unlike (most of) the perfumes created in the more recent years.
to sum up, try before you buy!

I hate this stuff. It smells exactly like bug spray!!

Popular Fragrances