January 28, 2015 | 1117 users online

Conditioner - Pureology - Hydrate Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2007 5:39:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

I'm a bit wary of this conditioner since I noticed it contains silicone...even so, this might be a good conditioner to keep in my rotation...kinda defeats the purpose of getting consistent and using shampoo and conditioner from the same line, though. It seems to hydrate nicely, but again, I am concerned about the silicone thing. I will say that my hair is very silky, yet bouncy with this conditioner. I don't mind the minty smell. I didn't notice the tingle since I never use conditioner at my scalp (makes it way too greasy)...Please tell me there is some vegan, HG conditioner out there that doesn't have silicones and hydrates well! I guess I'll see how my hair responds to this stuff over time. On the advice of another MUA'er here, I will use a clarifying shampoo once a week to rid my hair of the buildup from this conditioner, and hopefully that will be sufficient. I also do a once-weekly deep-conditioning treatment on my ends, so hopefully my ends won't be fried from using the Pureology conditioner...

UPDATE: I officially love this stuff and consider it a holy grail. I am using a clarifying shampoo once every two weeks to eliminate buildup from this, and I couldn't be happier! My hair looks amazing! I also have gotten so used to the minty smell that I am disappointed when I use other conditioners. HG!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by sheabreaux

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the minty tingle on the scalp. It's a nice conditioner, but could be more moisturizing. The price is lame. The packaging ok. But that tingle!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by monique83

i have salon license otherwise i would not purchase this for retail price. that being said, i do really like it although it doesn't really add moisture to my hair as much as lóreal nature's therapy but that is in a class of its own. i love the mint tingle but probably not when winter rolls around. i use tons of this, like tons but because i get it so cheap its ok. otherwise, it's just ok

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2007 8:51:00 PM More reviews by love4dolphins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Packaging is awful. But the product is good.
Very expensive for the amount, you're better off buying ABBA. It is the SAME thing!
The mint tingle is too much.
But again, great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by sess42

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This conditioner didn't work for me or my hair; I was urged to try it after I got highlights.
1st the packaging is horrible I have never dealt with such an annoying bottle. One thing I did like is that you don't have to use a lot of shampoo or conditioner like most products. I liked the mint tingle feeling on the head but not enough to buy again.
I really did want this to work; for some reason my hair over the last month has gotten really brittle and dry & now it's starting to snap off more easily.
I'm going back to Kerastase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by fbfriends

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

must use clarifying shampoo once-per-week to remove HydrateCondition buildup.

be forewarned, one of the key ingredients in this product is Cyclopentasiloxane. This is basically silicone or the key ingredient in "hair shine" products. silicone gives the temporary affect of shine on your hair, but it actually keeps moisture in the air from getting to the hair, so you might be drying your hair out if you use this daily.

To alleviate that problem, ensure you use a clarifying shampoo at least once-per-week. I suggest you wash your hair twice with the clarifier to ensure its removed all the hair product buildup.

A 8.5 oz bottle can cost ~$25, so it is a pricey venture.

More info on Cytopentasiloxane:
========================
Cyclopentasiloxane is a colorless, ordorless, transparent, nongreasy silicone fluid. It has a low viscosity and surface tension and a relatively high vapor pressure which allows the majority of the silicone portion to evaporate from the surface to which it is applied. It is used in a variety of cosmetic products as a hair conditioning agent, skin emollient, or solvent. Studies indicate that cyclopentasiloxane is not irritating to the skin and is not readily absorbed through the skin.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2007 8:08:00 PM More reviews by bumblebeezer

I use this along with the shampoo and my hair is so much healthier. I love the smell and it feels very refreshing on the scalp. I have noticed a huge improvement with my split ends and my hair doesn't dry out as easily from heat or chemicals. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by alidog

Like the shampoo, love this... and have been a faithful user for 5 years. To me, this is not too thick and does a great job keeping my fried blonde hair under control. Just make sure you wash it out really well, or you will have a nice greased back look for the day! I love to set this on freshly shampooed hair (Pur of course) and let it soak about an hour and then rinse it off. My stylist told me to do this for a really deep condition. I love this, as well as the rest of the hydrating line. I find them to work great for me, and it's hard for me to do an occasional other brand! I'd suggest to buy the liter, it lasts longer... and in the long run is much cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by ladybgn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stiff is the SHIZ! A little goes a long way. Even when my curly hair hasn't been washed in days and is touseled, tangled and dry, this conditioner moisturizes and easily detangles my hair in the shower - no need for 2 applications. It also leaves a nice tingly cool feeling, which is so nice in the Summer months. My only complaint is that the consistency is thick and I find it difficult to get the last little bit out of the bottle without shaking it vogorously and banging it against the tub. For the price, Pureology ought to find a way to help me use every last drop. But, will continue to re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2007 10:41:00 AM More reviews by kimirdh

Great conditioner for my coloured, limp, fine, straight hair. I usually struggle with conditioners, most weigh my hair down. I use this with the volume shampoo and rarely have bad hair days, even in this Louisiana humidity. My hair always feels soft and looks shiny.