Pureology Hydrate Conditioner

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Mentha Arvensis Oil/Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Fragrance, Trideceth-6, Methylparaben, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Cetrimonium Chloride, Limonene, Tocopherol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Butter, Menthol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract/Rosemary Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis Extract/Sage Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Mentha Piperita Extract/Peppermint Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Melanin.

I love this conditioner! It leaves my hair feeling tingily and fantastically clean! However, if you have an easily irritated scalp, I would not recommend this because the mint is a bit strong and my hair stylist told me she has several clients complain it burns! I have never experienced that. The only con is that if I accidently apply a little too much it leaves my hair greasy.

I looove the tingly feeling of my scalp when I use this. The peppermint scent smells so good.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Best conditioner EVER! I have thick natural curls, but not super coarse hair. So it's a battle to hydrate the curls but not weigh them down, give enough control but not make them crunchy. Yes, it is absurdly expensive. But it only takes half a teaspoon to work into all my hair where as I've used handfuls of other conditioners, so I've justified it. So nice not having to buy conditioner every other week! My hair is truly moisturized yet rinses clean. Happy, happy curls.

The conditioner leaves your scalp feeling minty and tingly and fresh. I like how it smooths out the cuticle of my hair, but I don't think it smooths very well. I also think it's not as heavy or creamy as I like my conditioners to be. Melts into my hair just fine, but the conditioning benefits aren't as great as I would want them to be for what you pay for this product.

I tried this product after smelling it at the salon I work at. I took home a sample and cursed myself for doing so, because after trying it I knew I had to buy a full size bottle. This is my HG conditioner! My hair has never felt so soft or looked so shiny, and I LOVE the minty smell and tingle. It rinses out clean and I barely have to touch my hair to style it now, it lays so straight and shiny! It's really expensive for me at $25 a bottle, but with my discount I was able to get both the shampoo and conditioner for $30, and believe me, I will be stocking up on it whenever I work some overtime or have a little extra saved up. I couldn't stop touching my hair the the first time I used it, this stuff is outrageous!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved this product when I tried a sample, but the large bottle dissapoitned me. Not very hydrating. Love the minty smell in the morning and at the gym, but I think I will get it from a body wash instead. Don't waste the extra cash on this conditioner.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

The mint essential oil irritated my scalp and left me with *****GROSSNESS ALERT****** itchy scabs. Because I have extra-dry, color-treated (red), naturally curly hair, I prefer the DevaRed No-Poo and DevaRed-One Condition.

I got this in a combo pack with three other products in this line. I reviewed the shampoo in another review. This conditioner is working for me. It has a essential oil scent of peppermint and it freshens the scalp. Along with the shampoo my hair colour has never lasted longer and looked better - staying fresh and true and pretty shiny (when well treated!)

I'm a bit wary of this conditioner since I noticed it contains silicone...even so, this might be a good conditioner to keep in my rotation...kinda defeats the purpose of getting consistent and using shampoo and conditioner from the same line, though. It seems to hydrate nicely, but again, I am concerned about the silicone thing. I will say that my hair is very silky, yet bouncy with this conditioner. I don't mind the minty smell. I didn't notice the tingle since I never use conditioner at my scalp (makes it way too greasy)...Please tell me there is some vegan, HG conditioner out there that doesn't have silicones and hydrates well! I guess I'll see how my hair responds to this stuff over time. On the advice of another MUA'er here, I will use a clarifying shampoo once a week to rid my hair of the buildup from this conditioner, and hopefully that will be sufficient. I also do a once-weekly deep-conditioning treatment on my ends, so hopefully my ends won't be fried from using the Pureology conditioner...

UPDATE: I officially love this stuff and consider it a holy grail. I am using a clarifying shampoo once every two weeks to eliminate buildup from this, and I couldn't be happier! My hair looks amazing! I also have gotten so used to the minty smell that I am disappointed when I use other conditioners. HG!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love the minty tingle on the scalp. It's a nice conditioner, but could be more moisturizing. The price is lame. The packaging ok. But that tingle!!!!