Pureology Hydrate Conditioner

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Mentha Arvensis Oil/Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil, Fragrance, Trideceth-6, Methylparaben, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Cetrimonium Chloride, Limonene, Tocopherol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Butter, Menthol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract/Rosemary Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis Extract/Sage Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Camellia Sinensis Extract/Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract/Sunflower Seed Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Mentha Piperita Extract/Peppermint Leaf Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Melanin.

on 10/21/2007 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved this product when I tried a sample, but the large bottle dissapoitned me. Not very hydrating. Love the minty smell in the morning and at the gym, but I think I will get it from a body wash instead. Don't waste the extra cash on this conditioner.

on 10/13/2007 12:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

The mint essential oil irritated my scalp and left me with *****GROSSNESS ALERT****** itchy scabs. Because I have extra-dry, color-treated (red), naturally curly hair, I prefer the DevaRed No-Poo and DevaRed-One Condition.

on 10/11/2007 1:32:00 AM

I got this in a combo pack with three other products in this line. I reviewed the shampoo in another review. This conditioner is working for me. It has a essential oil scent of peppermint and it freshens the scalp. Along with the shampoo my hair colour has never lasted longer and looked better - staying fresh and true and pretty shiny (when well treated!)

on 9/20/2007 5:39:00 PM

I'm a bit wary of this conditioner since I noticed it contains silicone...even so, this might be a good conditioner to keep in my rotation...kinda defeats the purpose of getting consistent and using shampoo and conditioner from the same line, though. It seems to hydrate nicely, but again, I am concerned about the silicone thing. I will say that my hair is very silky, yet bouncy with this conditioner. I don't mind the minty smell. I didn't notice the tingle since I never use conditioner at my scalp (makes it way too greasy)...Please tell me there is some vegan, HG conditioner out there that doesn't have silicones and hydrates well! I guess I'll see how my hair responds to this stuff over time. On the advice of another MUA'er here, I will use a clarifying shampoo once a week to rid my hair of the buildup from this conditioner, and hopefully that will be sufficient. I also do a once-weekly deep-conditioning treatment on my ends, so hopefully my ends won't be fried from using the Pureology conditioner...

UPDATE: I officially love this stuff and consider it a holy grail. I am using a clarifying shampoo once every two weeks to eliminate buildup from this, and I couldn't be happier! My hair looks amazing! I also have gotten so used to the minty smell that I am disappointed when I use other conditioners. HG!!

on 8/29/2007 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love the minty tingle on the scalp. It's a nice conditioner, but could be more moisturizing. The price is lame. The packaging ok. But that tingle!!!!

on 8/28/2007 11:35:00 PM

i have salon license otherwise i would not purchase this for retail price. that being said, i do really like it although it doesn't really add moisture to my hair as much as lóreal nature's therapy but that is in a class of its own. i love the mint tingle but probably not when winter rolls around. i use tons of this, like tons but because i get it so cheap its ok. otherwise, it's just ok

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Packaging is awful. But the product is good.
Very expensive for the amount, you're better off buying ABBA. It is the SAME thing!
The mint tingle is too much.
But again, great product.

on 8/8/2007 6:49:00 PM

This conditioner didn't work for me or my hair; I was urged to try it after I got highlights.
1st the packaging is horrible I have never dealt with such an annoying bottle. One thing I did like is that you don't have to use a lot of shampoo or conditioner like most products. I liked the mint tingle feeling on the head but not enough to buy again.
I really did want this to work; for some reason my hair over the last month has gotten really brittle and dry & now it's starting to snap off more easily.
I'm going back to Kerastase.

on 7/25/2007 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

must use clarifying shampoo once-per-week to remove HydrateCondition buildup.

be forewarned, one of the key ingredients in this product is Cyclopentasiloxane. This is basically silicone or the key ingredient in "hair shine" products. silicone gives the temporary affect of shine on your hair, but it actually keeps moisture in the air from getting to the hair, so you might be drying your hair out if you use this daily.

To alleviate that problem, ensure you use a clarifying shampoo at least once-per-week. I suggest you wash your hair twice with the clarifier to ensure its removed all the hair product buildup.

A 8.5 oz bottle can cost ~$25, so it is a pricey venture.

More info on Cytopentasiloxane:
========================
Cyclopentasiloxane is a colorless, ordorless, transparent, nongreasy silicone fluid. It has a low viscosity and surface tension and a relatively high vapor pressure which allows the majority of the silicone portion to evaporate from the surface to which it is applied. It is used in a variety of cosmetic products as a hair conditioning agent, skin emollient, or solvent. Studies indicate that cyclopentasiloxane is not irritating to the skin and is not readily absorbed through the skin.

on 7/12/2007 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this along with the shampoo and my hair is so much healthier. I love the smell and it feels very refreshing on the scalp. I have noticed a huge improvement with my split ends and my hair doesn't dry out as easily from heat or chemicals. Great stuff!