Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

4.2

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I use this under my eye area to set my concealer and touch eclat. It brightens my under eye area up and keeps my concealer from settling into any fine lines. Reasonably priced, a little goes a long way and amazing result--will repurchase!

I love this powder! It is a super-fine milled powder that is shimmery only if you look at it very closely. I dust a light amount all over my face once all of my makeup is on, then I do my mascara. I start dusting under my eyes and then fan outward over my cheeks and forehead. It creates a very subtle all-over glow! I think it's the perfect amount of glow (glow, not sparkle or shimmer), and creates a fab "airbrushed" look better than bare minerals' mineral veil.
How do I positively KNOW this powder works? The other day at work, a coworker asked me if I had been trying to get pregnant. I said "no, why?" She says "oh, your skin just has that bright, radiant look to it." BEST COMPLIMENT EVER! continued >>

Love it. Like all the other reviewers, I just love it. Probably like many who first heard about this product, I simply could NOT believe powder can be effective in concealing undercircles. But somehow this powder just works. Unlike most other concealing products, this one doesn't dry my lines. Instead, my undereye areas feel very smooth and velvety after I apply it. It might be because of the very very fine texture of the powder. Besides, the shimmer is just right. I hate shimmery products in general, but this one works just fine for me. As its name suggests, it actually brightens your eyes SECRETLY. A really incredible product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING! Until I purchased this NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING had been able to conceal my dark circles! After apply a cream concealer I use this with Bare Esentuals Summer Bisque. I mix them together with a concealer brush and apply under my eyes. Amazing! Iknow this just looks like a white powder but it works SO well! A little goes a LONG way too! This will probably last me years!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The fab makeup artist @ Sephora Aventura- totally did me over, Using products I'd never even dreamt of using much less heard of.
When I left he gave me a few samples as I ended up spending over $100.
One of these samples was a fine powder that he put in a small jar, that sample lasted at least 5 months!!, so having no idea what it was I searched the Sephora website and concluded it was this miracle powder, Sent hubby in to purchase it and I'm in love - Again. I have puffy under eyes( or maybe they are just hollow) Anyway, I use Touche Eclat #4 (YSL) And then set it with this silica powder- the difference is immediate my eyes are radiant -Sometimes i use it on its own over foundation- and now when I take photos I dont look like the girl with the puffy/dark undereyes. I'm black - milk choc complexion and use #2.
I Highly highly recommend applying with a small fan brush- I purchased mine at the airport but am sure you can buy @ sephora too.
I couldn't love it more and it lasts For-Ev- Er!!!

I've been using this for several years now and yeah, it's good stuff! I was highly skeptical that it would do anything special and while it's not a miracle worker it definitely makes a difference in the look of my undereye area. I have tried both colors and the #1 is much better for my light skin (NC 20-25) It feels like silk and sets concealer perfectly, brightens, and never settles into my fine lines or looks cakey. I really hate the idea of having to buy a special powder for one tiny place on my face but having seen the results I will continue to purchase.

This powder has changed how I look at concealers forever! I absolutely love this!!!!!!!!!!!Let me explain-Right now I am using "Eraste Paste"#2(RIS) which I remove a small amount (enough to cover my fingertip),warm it on the back of my other hand in a circular motion,pat it under each eye.This method helps to thin the product for a nice,smooth application.I then use the MAC concealer brush(I have forgotten the # and it has worn off the brush),dip it into the tiniest amount of powder in the cap of the jar and I mean such a small amount that it can barely be seen,press and circle the brush to pick-up product and then I pat the brush over the concealer.The results are outstanding!My undereyes are bright,no trace of dark circles.I bought Secret Powder #2 for reference right now after summer I am MAC NC 30,EM medium beige and since there are only 2 shades(1&2) #1 would be way too light for me.There is so much product in this jar it should last for yearsLOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, this product has changed my life. I have REALLY sensitive eyes and they cannot tolerate anything with shimmer. I also have really dark circles that make me look tired and age me. Regular concealor has never really cut it for me. I currently use a concealor made by Senna. Anyway, I had received a free gift from Saks and a small container of this powder was one of the products inside. I held onto it, but never intended to use it since I know how my eyes react to shimmer.

Well, this weekend, I couldn't stand the circles anymore and needed to do something. I dabbed my concealor under my eyes and then took my concealor brush, dipped it lightly into the brightening powder and used that combination to spread my concealor under my eyes. I didn't react right away and a few hours later, there was still no itching or burning. The combination of my concealor and the powder was perfect. It did not cake at all (I really only used a TINY amount) and it looked totally natural. My circles looked SOOOOOOOOOOO much better. I will keep using this FOREVER. It also comes in a pen in liquid form which I would also like to try. This is huge for me considering I feel that up until now there has really been no way to remedy the horrible dark circles. This is a HG product for me.

I was easily convinced that an extra fine powder would be invisible and yet take away that shiny look under the eyes. I tested one eye with the LM secret brightening in #1 and the other under eye area w/Nars loose poweer which I use on my face. I found no difference. Why buy two powders when an extra fine face powder does the same thing. I was definately sold on it and excited to try it, but found nothing secret or magical about it. I would never buy again.

I use this to set my bobbi brown corrector and the result is perfect. with small amount my under eye circles disappear. it's the best.