December 19, 2014 | 1551 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by YXXC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Philosophy has a number of great products (and some not so great but enough of that for now) and this is one of them. I have a thing about drying facial washes (the more it foams the more it dries out your skin) so this is a good, non-drying facial wash that does what it says on the bottle. Good for all skin types.
For more honest reviews, 'like' me on Facebook Face Up To It, Twitter @YoCalliss, yocalliss.wordpress.com. Thanks :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by gracyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING cleanser! If you are familiar with the beauty skin care specialist Caroline Hiron, she got me hooked on non-foaming cleanser because they don't have the detergents (the reason behind foam btw) that strip your skin. As a person with combination/oily skin I like my skin to be clean but not stripped, and this is exactly what you get: soft supple clean face.

How I use (you dont hav to!) : apply it on dry skin first, you only need a nickel size amount and massage it through. This breaks down all impurities. then wet your face and watch it turn into a 'milk' . massage again... rinse out.

What I love about it? With the hype surrounding the use of hot cloths/muslin/flannel with creamy non-foam cleanser, some people just cant be bothered. But this goes both ways, you can use your hands ( Thats how I do!) or a flannel and it works the same way.

Bonus: it so gentle it doesn't sting! Gone are the days where I couldn't open my eyes when cleansing. And I wear makeup so no worries ladies, it removes it well, especially mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by AprilCherry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my staple night time cleanser now - I've repurchased this cleanser after trying it out in the small 90ml size. I first thought I hate this cleanser as it's drying out my skin and it doesn't seem to do an excellent job so I abandoned it for a while. I turned to it again after going through a horrible breakout, and it worked really well this time - turns out that I was using too little of it before. You should take at least a nickel size (or a bit more) every time. It should feel milky instead of drying when you massage it on your face. I use it at night after removing my makeup with cleansing water and it'll remove any last traces of makeup right away, my face always feels fresh and clean when I step out from the shower. It also seem to work well with my other products to prevent breaking out again so I don't see myself moving away from this cleanser anytime soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by alidog

I've been using this cleanser (the same 32oz bottle) for about 17 months now. I use it every single night, and LOVE it.

It removes ANY sort of makeup. All eye makeup, stubborn makeup, you name it! Sometimes, I follow with a second wash using my clarisonic. Gentile enough to do that with!

Clean and fresh smelling, soft and smooth. I does not sudz, which took me a little bit to get used to. Doesn't break my face out at all. Doesn't irritate the eyes at all.

Can't live without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by TheCuteLittleBeautyBlog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

No frills! Does EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS but nothing better. This isn't spectacular but its not horrible. The price is steep though with 13$ for a small bottle so I knocked off a few starts because for the no frills & price I don't feel it's totally awesome.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Traceya140

I have been using this cleanser for a couple of months. I loved this stuff when I first started using it and loved it. It removes all my makeup and eye makeup. It made my face feel fresh and clean. But, I started breaking out and couldn't figure out why. It really didn't occur to me that it could be this cleanser. I switched to a different cleanser I received in a free gift and my face started clearing up. And I haven't been breaking out any more. I really really wanted to like this and I still have a half a bottle left.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by faith97

This is a great cleanser for me, works great and smells good. However, due to the price I would not repurchase. But I recommend this is you are willing to spend a bit more money

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by yessie22

Hello! This is not really a review but a question. I bought purity and Philosophy Total Matteness™ Oil-Free, Mattifying Pore Eraser 2 weeks ago and now I learned I am 4 weeks pregnant. Is it safe to use during pregnancy?

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by angiexue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have pretty dehydrated, reactive skin (easily clogged, prone to cystic acne) and it's never been easy to find a cleanser that not only cleans well, but doesn't leave me tight & dry. So far, of all the cleansers I've tried, Purity seems to strike the right balance between cleaning thoroughly enough, without leaving an oily film, not drying the skin out overly, and not causing me to break out. It's by no means a miracle product, but it does what a cleanser should do - cleanse.The downside to me is the price - even though a little does go a long way, it's still pretty pricey and it's easy to end up 'wasting' product by accidentally pouring out too much as the bottle has no nozzle or pump, it's just a screw on cap. I'm neutral about the scent..it's a bit like...plastic-ky yogurt? Slightly odd but tolerable as it's mild. Definitely much better smelling than other Philosophy products - I passed up on Hope in a jar aka burnt plastic cuz even just a tiny smear on my hand at the store sent me straight to the washroom to wash it off....it was that noxious! The ingredients are not awesome, a lot of not-so-natural stuff in there but as I haven't yet found a HG organic cleanser that's compatible with my skin yet, it'll have to do for now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have used this on and off through the years, but I always go back to it. It is the only cleanser that I really crave using. Seriously, as silly as that may sound. It has a fresh, clean smell, and I feel so clean and fresh after I use it. It doesn't foam, it has a milky texture, and it cleans really, really well. I don't find that it leaves a film, and it rinses easily and completely. When I am done, I feel like my skin is really clean, and not stripped. It removes my makeup completely.

In the winter, there is a period of time I can't use it. I live in northern Minnesota, and our winters are rough. I have a few months where my skin is super dry and gets flaky easily. I have to use an emollient based cleanser during that time.

But especially in the summer months, I really appreciate how fresh Purity makes me feel. It is expensive, but a little goes a long way, and a bottle lasts a long time. I switch around only because I am just that way--always looking for something new. But I come back to this over and over.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No