MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 10/19/2013 12:18:00 AM

Flattering color. Makes teeth white for an NC30. But hard to apply. Nevertheless, a must-have lipstick.

on 10/16/2013 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

.... I have a love hate relationship with this lipstick. Color wise it's amazing but it's a very harsh matte. Lip conditioner is a MUST. Chapstick or gloss takes away from the effect of the color. I'll probably never use it all so I probably won't be buying another one.

on 10/15/2013 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful true red. I'm NW20 with pretty decently white teeth. The color looks good against my skin, and makes my teeth look BLINDING, which is awesome!

I have to use chapstick underneath as a primer, since the formula is really, really dry. It lasts well -- no touchups from regular wear, but I generally have to reapply after eating or drinking, which honestly, is true of every lipstick I've ever had.

A lippy off for how dry it is, but I suppose it's a necessary evil to get that kind of matte finish.

on 10/13/2013 7:15:00 AM

THE perfect red lipstick. period.

on 10/9/2013 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I adore this lipstick! It has the perfect matte finish and lasts forever on the lips! Just be aware that this is a retro matte lipstick, which means it is extremely drying and the lips must be very moisturized in order to make it work.

on 10/6/2013 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm on the fence when it comes to this lipstick. I love the colour so much, it's very bright and lively but the texture is so drying! I guess it's made that way to be long-lasting on the lips and to prevent reapplying frequently. Everytime I apply this to my lips, it's NOT a smooth application at all. It drags on your lips and you really have to be careful since it stains, in the case you get this on the skin around your mouth. I moisturize my lips first with my Nivea lip balm then I wipe off the lip balm before putting this on. An application usually lasts me around five hours with frequent drinking and talking. I guess it's good money overlooking the texture, so long as you moisturize well beforehand!

on 10/6/2013 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

At first, I love MAC lipsticks. Ruby Woo is a passionate red lipstick, but I would like it to be a little darker. I don't think I would buy that again, because it's extremely dry, and my favorite MAC red lipstick is Classic Dame (mattene).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

love the shade would have rated higher if it was so drying but its a lovely red.

on 9/29/2013 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Ruby Woo! It is drying, not going to lie. But I find if I exfoliate my lips & moisturizer before I apply it's not so bad. I wore it last night out for dinner/drinks & it stayed on so well. Only touched up once the whole night! I pair it with Mac Cherry lipliner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just love how long wearing this is! I can eat, drink and everything and it lasts all day. It is dry, but that's why it's so long lasting. Dry but not drying. If you don't like the dryness try using a lip primer first or a lip balm (like Burts Bees). Overall, best lipstick ever!!

Popular Lipsticks