MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 7/28/2013 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love this lipstick! It gives u that pop right when u need it... Very classic look... I have been wearing this for some time now at least a year and its no where near gone... Very good will recommend this to anybody... Can't go wrong with this color..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG red lipstick in the winter for me since it has the perfect amount of blue undertones for my skintone.
I prefer this color over Russian Red when I am pale.

on 7/28/2013 1:10:00 PM

This is by far my favorite red lipstick. The color is just absolutely amazing and I love the matte finish. It makes my lips look plumper even without overdrawing my lips. I use it with NYX lip pencil in Hot Red and find that the color lasts all night and doesn't transfer to my wine glass etc. The formula is quite drying, but it is a matte lipstick--even more matte than my other MAC matte lipsticks--but I think the effect is definitely worth it. Just use a lip scrub before applying to make sure your lips aren't flaky.

on 7/27/2013 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ruby Woo, how I love you.

This is a very Matte blue-red lipstick. I say VERY matte because realistically, its as matte as they come- a very old school style lipstick. It's not the easiest to apply straight out of the tube, but a lip brush cures most evils in the application. I recommend exfoliating your lips before you put it on, then a light balm followed by lip liner for the best easy application. This stuff stays where you put it, so be careful when you apply it, and you will be rewarded with the ultimate red lip that does not budge.

on 7/25/2013 3:06:00 AM

I don't use this as much as Russian Red but it really gives my lips a nice pop! It dries my lips out though which is a huge con...if it didn't, I would wear this a lot more.

on 7/24/2013 11:59:00 PM

By farthest the best lipstick I've hAd! Brings out your face like no other!

on 7/24/2013 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

In LOVE with this lipstick! I have finally found a lip product that doesn't transfer. I am a bit late hopping on the Ruby Woo bandwagon but so glad that I finally did it! Usually when I wear red lipsticks or stains they leave a horrible, messy red trail everywhere, but I can happily drink through a straw or eat a meal and not leave a red lip shaped signature behind. I personally didn't find this product to "dry-out" my lips but I do exfoliate and moisturise my lips so I guess that always helps! I only reapplied the lipstick once because I just finished a meal and I wanted the lip colour to pop a bit more but to be honest I could have left it as it was, but the colour is to die for so I just couldn't resist! I can see this lipstick lasting me a very long time! Also used it with Mac Cherry Lip Liner which I think is the perfect match! Love Love LOVE!

I love this product, the color and the packaging, the $15 dollars spent on it was worth it. It's a beautiful color, and I always get complimented on it without fail. The only downside to this product is that it is the most drying thing I have ever put on my lips. Put on chapstick or a lip balm or something because if you don't, you will suffer.

on 7/16/2013 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

ruby woo is a cult favorite lipstick and loved by many, this colour is the perfect bright red lipstick it helps my channel my inner marilyn monroe it is very very drying and i have to exfoliate and put balm on my lips before i can even attempt to put this on as i would highlight any bit of dry skin you have on your lips it having said that it is such a beautiful bright red it does takes a couple coats for this to be full opaque however it is truly a beautiful color and looks beautiful on every skin tone this is one lipstick i always have in my make up this is my staple red and looks beautiful on my nc45 skin i found it lasted up to 5 hours on my lips before i needed to reapply

for the people who are on the fence about this lipstick it is so worth the gamble!

Ruby woo was my first ever choice of Mac lipstick. Then i started evaluating to Peachstock, Snob, Saint Germaint, and Pink Noveau. I had collected them all. The only shade i managed to use up 3 full tubes of within a matter of months was Snob. Other than that i gave the rest away as i started noticing Wet N Wild actually had figured out to master the Mac lip formula and lip shade.

Popular Lipsticks